SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

Good afternoon everyone :love:

It's time to begin the next installment of the perpetual. After all, I'm transitioning away from soil, so the title change was a necessity. I haven't yet determined if I'll give up soil altogether. I may keep a couple pots running. I've enough soil on hand to get me through a good span of time before it's all used up. The sativas, in particular, love the kit, and I'm something of a sativa girl. :battingeyelashes:

What am I growing?

At the moment I have a total of 21 plants at different stages of development from clone cuttings, to girls close to harvest, and everything in between. I'm a little overextended. Thankfully, Jgrowlove will be here tomorrow to pick up three adoptees, bringing me to a more manageable number, but still a stretch for available real estate under the lights. My veg area has spilled beyond the shelf capacity. Lol!

IMG_199434.JPG

As you can see, I'm still learning the ropes of running a perpetual.

My current plants include the three going to J, CBD Critical Cure 2.5, Chem Dawg clone Hash Hound left with me a couple weeks back, and Carnival 4.3. I have a clone of the Chem Dawg clone rooting to grow out in my garden. All three of the adoptees are in one gallon or less of soil and chomping at the bit to be upcanned and tossed into flower.

IMG_197742.JPG

That leaves me with a slightly more manageable veg shelf, under two 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group QB304 Quantum Boards from Timber Grow Lights. The shelf itself measures 18" x 48", but as you can see, the plants have overflowed into a space that I'm hoping to get corralled back onto the original plan of 2' x 4'.

IMG_197838.JPG

You'll get to know them better as we go along. Regular updates are on Fridays.

Clone cuttings sit off to the side growing roots. Two of these may be chosen for the sponsored grow, with a seed, as yet to be determined. I can fit three into the 2' x 2' tents, but I may want to stay with two for this initial grow under the light. I'll be setting up a more accommodating space this week so I can get more aggressive with cloning to keep the genetics for future grows. There's only so much space to go around and I have too many chemovars I want to continue growing, and no accompanying desire to purchase seeds, if it can be avoided.

IMG_197938.JPG

The tiny closet has a usable space that measures 13" x 33", hence the name. Her residents sit under Timber Grow Lights 200 Watt Vero (2) COB kit. This space was planned as a continual auto grow for the Dark Devil Autos, and as soon as I get numbers back under control it'll return to that valuable duty. For now it's serving as an auxiliary flowering space for Carnival 4.1 and Ultra Dawg 1.1.

IMG_199541.JPG

Around the corner we have the flowering tents, two Mars-Hydro 2' x 2' x 5'3" grow tents. They're sharing the services of a 6" Ostberg fan and the attached Can 33 filter perched above them in a sealed box.

The early tent houses Carnival 4.2, Thin Mint GSC 1.1, and Candy Cane 3 under a 3500 K Timber 200 Watt Citizen (4) COB Kit.

IMG_199234.JPG

It's becoming obvious that two of these would have been a better fit in this tent than three.

This tent will be emptied out as time and harvests permit to make room for the dedicated grow for GROWant's sponsored grow using their G3HiPAR-GR240 LED panel.

IMG_198033.JPG

In the finish tent, under a 3000 K Timber Grow Lights 200 Watt Citizen (4) Kit we have two girls close to finish, CBD Critical Cure 2.2.1 and Thin Mint GSC, and two just beginning the blooming cycle, Malawi and Dark Slide.

IMG_199135.JPG

As the older girls get harvested I'll be able to get at least one more plant in here. I'll be able to get one into the tiny closet when Carnival 4.1 comes down in a few weeks. That leaves me with one more and no available space.

Looks like my bathroom may be called into duty. I can rig up a corner with the lights I'll be removing from the early tent to accomodate the sponsored grow. It'll take some creative thought and a couple light-blocking curtains, and will only be for about two months, tops.

Growing medium and methods

My soil plants are grown using Doc Bud's HighBrix Blend kit. The hempy pots are nourished by RX Green Solutions Grow Better nutrients. On occassion e may be a hempy with Osmocote Plus. It's hard to beat the ease of growing with the Osmo + and the harvests have been frosty and potent.

Why I grow

The short answer is because I can't imaging not growing. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart: Actually, I can, having taken an extended break in recent history, and I've determined that I prefer Susan with plants to Susan without.

Just about two years ago CajunCelt introduced me to the idea of medicinal cannabis in a way I'd avoided taking note of before, and he changed my life forever. I started as a recreational grower and ended up running a multitude of medicinal cannabis threads and the Cannabis Oil Study Hall, delving into the intricities of the endocannabinoid system and all things cannabis and cannabis oil-related. This is a medicinal/recreational grow. I often think of it as "SweetSue's Oil Works." Lol!

I supply medicinal cannabis for myself and my daughter at the moment, with a couple friends that I share with on occassion. I think I'll keep it at that for a while. I want to experiment with some oils and such and not taking on another patient means I can build up the inventory to help make that happen.

So there we have it, what I'm growing, how I'm growing them and my primary motivations. My principal goal at this time is to determine if soil needs to stay as a part of my growing system. It's hard for me to imagine a grow without a single pot of soil. As the current crop comes into harvest I'll be better equipped to make the decision. The soilless medium with the RX Green Solutions certainly grow gorgeous leaves and bulk in veg. Now to see how they stack up against the consistent delivery of trichomes dripping in oil that Doc's HBB kit has offered from the beginning.

Welcome to the newest installment of my ongoing joyful involvement with the :420: community. Let's get on with the business of having more fun growing some of the best cannabis available.

Celebrating the new start with some dehydrated Devil's Carnival. :slide:

IMG_200232.JPG

IMG_2003.PNG

:green_heart::geek: Looks like you have a lot going on and I am excited to see which way you sway. Soil is simple and can also be a bit more complicated; I am looking into live organic soil methods and my mind is blown. Soilless seems to be leaning in the direction of environmental preservation. There is so much research to be done! :goodjob:

Chair pulled up SweetSue. I'm planning on growing one under my sponsored light! Aiming for a qp. I'm glad that I have another grower to reference from with this grow going on!

I got the first seat!!!:circle-of-love::peace:

:cheer: Way to go Dave! Put a big smile on my face my friend. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:green_heart::geek: Looks like you have a lot going on and I am excited to see which way you sway. Soil is simple and can also be a bit more complicated; I am looking into live organic soil methods and my mind is blown. Soilless seems to be leaning in the direction of environmental preservation. There is so much research to be done! :goodjob:

I hadn't considered the angle of environmental preservation. Hmmmm.....

:welcome: to the growing crowd lucky. :hug: I believe this is your first visit to one of my journals? :battingeyelashes: Make yourself at home. We run wicked fast some days so no one takes offense if you can't keep up. :laughtwo:

I'm in SuperSue.

:woohoo: Good to have you around again Scorpio. We see a lot of each other in the threads, don't we? Lol!

Awesome, glad I get to pull up a chair to witness such unbridled enthusiasm!

Here for the new one my friend.

Cheers.

Cheers Ditch. :hug: So good to see you this afternoon. :kisstwo:

Ahhh.... Angelic oversight. :hug: :hug: Share that second one with the lovely wife. :battingeyelashes:

I have pulled up a chair lady!

Well, :welcome: to the newest addition of my joyful journey BirdNerd. I don't believe we've met before. Find yourself a comfy spot. Not many seats here. I gave away most of the sitting furniture, having a strong preference for sitting on the floor, but there should be some nice cushions around here somewhere.....

.....pass this around, if you please. :passitleft:

I'm testing the first of the flash-dried Devil's Carnival. It's a chemovar you literally won't find anywhere else. So freaking cool. :laughtwo: Careful, two hits and I was gone to a happy place for about half an hour before I came back.

Take your choice. There's plenty of options.

:passitleft: :volcano-smiley: ;) :hookah: :blunt: :bongrip: :bong:

:bigtoke: :ganjamon: :Rasta: :grinjoint: :roorrip:

Chair pulled up SweetSue. I'm planning on growing one under my sponsored light! Aiming for a qp. I'm glad that I have another grower to reference from with this grow going on!

Welcome LB. :hug: I'll be starting another thread when I begin the sponsored grow. I'll be sure to alert you to that start, and I'll keep an eye on yours as well. Forgive my ignorance, but what size light will you be playing with?

The light will get coverage here for sure, but it'll be discussed in more depth on the dedicated thread.

:cheer: Way to go Dave! Put a big smile on my face my friend. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hadn't considered the angle of environmental preservation. Hmmmm.....

:welcome: to the growing crowd lucky. :hug: I believe this is your first visit to one of my journals? :battingeyelashes: Make yourself at home. We run wicked fast some days so no one takes offense if you can't keep up. :laughtwo:

:woohoo: Good to have you around again Scorpio. We see a lot of each other in the threads, don't we? Lol!

Cheers Ditch. :hug: So good to see you this afternoon. :kisstwo:

Ahhh.... Angelic oversight. :hug: :hug: Share that second one with the lovely wife. :battingeyelashes:

Well, :welcome: to the newest addition of my joyful journey BirdNerd. I don't believe we've met before. Find yourself a comfy spot. Not many seats here. I gave away most of the sitting furniture, having a strong preference for sitting on the floor, but there should be some nice cushions around here somewhere.....

.....pass this around, if you please. :passitleft:

I'm testing the first of the flash-dried Devil's Carnival. It's a chemovar you literally won't find anywhere else. So freaking cool. :laughtwo: Careful, two hits and I was gone to a happy place for about half an hour before I came back.

Take your choice. There's plenty of options.

:passitleft: :volcano-smiley: ;) :hookah: :blunt: :bongrip: :bong:

:bigtoke: :ganjamon: :Rasta: :grinjoint: :roorrip:

Glad to be here! I'll sit on the floor or take the standing room only! Not sure I can choose. May need to sample all .-.

Welcome LB. :hug: I'll be starting another thread when I begin the sponsored grow. I'll be sure to alert you to that start, and I'll keep an eye on yours as well. Forgive my ignorance, but what size light will you be playing with?

The light will get coverage here for sure, but it'll be discussed in more depth on the dedicated thread.

I believe we are growing with the same light. The 240w G3hipar.
420-magazine-mobile1477815890.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1320134357.jpg

I prefer to be in the last row ... it's safer back here, and I have all of your backs!

:cheer:

New journal for Sue, another week must have passed.

:thumb:

Peace

Keith

I always enjoy being pretty early to journals. I'll sit and lurk and read through a long journal any day, but there is something about a fresh journal that is super satisfying. I'm in it now, Subbed for sure!

Back
Top Bottom