4 Strawberry Kush F5's - How Red Can We Get 'Em?

Scrogdawg

Thanks for taking time to check out my journal. Below is a list of my setup and a few pictures to illustrate where I'm at.

Early Days
I set 2 Strawberry Kush F5 feminized seeds and 4 Purple Kush in paper towel to germinate on Aug. 11th, 2017. Two Strawberry Kush F5 seeds germinated and were planted to soil in 3" pots on Aug. 14th, 2017. I tried without success to germinate 22 Purple Kush seeds and in the meantime I dropped and germinated 2 more Strawberry Kush F5 feminized seeds. The seeds broke the surface of the pots on Aug. 16th and Aug. 23rd respectively (I consider this as day 1 of the veg cycle). My plan is to top and LST the four plants and incorporate a SCROG.

Currently (Day 34 veg.)
The 4 Strawberry Kush plants were taken out of the soil pots today. I cleaned up the roots and put them into the RDWC system under 200 watts of MH at a distance of 21 inches above the plants. There is a photo of the current nutrients below.

Objective
I'm not worried about the quality or quantity of the smoke these will provide. If I don't fuck up I'm sure that will be fine. The whole object of growing this particular strain is to see if, and how much I can enhance the red in the finished buds. The brighter the red/pink of the finished product, the more I will consider it a successful grow.

Note
I also have 1 White Widow clone that is growing in soil outside on my deck. Its currently in early flower but the night time temps have been dipping. Theres just not enough warm weather left for it to finish outside. We'll keep an eye on it as well in this journal and see what happens.

So there you have it, up to speed. I hope you'll sub up for this grow. All are welcome, advice is expected and sarcasm is mandatory.

Strain – 4 Strawberry Kush F5 (420), 1 White Widow clone
# of Plants - 5
Grow Type - 4 Hydro, 1 Soil
Grow Stage - Veg (Day 34)
Setup - RDWC
Light – 2 x 400 Watt MH 18/6
Nutrients - General Hydronponics (FloraMicro, FloraGro, FloraBloom), Cal/Mg and Z7
Medium - Hydroton
PPM - 240
EC - 480
PH - 5.8
RH - 33%
Room Temperature -70 to 80
Solution Temperature - 66 to 71
Room Square Footage - 25
Water Pump - 500 gph Submersible
Air Pump - 4 x 5.0 L/Min @ 4psi with 6” stones (1 in each bucket)
Initial nutrient solution.
Nute-1.jpg

Strawberry Kush F5 Feminized.
MG_0766.jpg

MG_0765.jpg

MG_0764.jpg

The White Widow Clone, 141 days since cutting was taken.
MG_0744.jpg

MG_0743.jpg

I just finished curing my F5 Strawberry Kush plant that I purchased from (420.) I have 3 more outside finishing up right now(NewEngland.)
I have pics on my phone that I need to transfer on my computer so I can show you what to expect since we have the same strain from the same place. Let me say this...it wasnt a very big plant, but the yield and size of budz was Amazing! You should see my pics! i let them go for 11 weeks exactly and they looked just like a fuckin Strawberry from the outside and smelled the fuckin room the whole time in flower of Strawberries! Covered in trics, very dense hard budz and in the 10th n 11th week it turned purple on the bud leaves and under the budz. jusy finished curing after 2 months in jars and the bud is so fuckin Amazing and tasty! a good swell on the lungs followed by Strawberry flavor thats delicious!

I just finished curing my F5 Strawberry Kush plant that I purchased from (420.) I have 3 more outside finishing up right now(NewEngland.)
I have pics on my phone that I need to transfer on my computer so I can show you what to expect since we have the same strain from the same place. Let me say this...it wasnt a very big plant, but the yield and size of budz was Amazing! You should see my pics! i let them go for 11 weeks exactly and they looked just like a fuckin Strawberry from the outside and smelled the fuckin room the whole time in flower of Strawberries! Covered in trics, very dense hard budz and in the 10th n 11th week it turned purple on the bud leaves and under the budz. jusy finished curing after 2 months in jars and the bud is so fuckin Amazing and tasty! a good swell on the lungs followed by Strawberry flavor thats delicious!

Glad you joined in, welcome. Can't wait to see the pictures MTown.

I know your busy and don't have a journal going right now nivek but throw a couple of pictures up here and let us know what you got growin in that garden of yours.

Wish I could share one of these puppies with you bud.
MG_0791.jpg

Back
Top Bottom