Attic Grow - White Widow XXL Auto - Royal AK Auto - LED

Aivix

Hello, all this is my first grow journal and will be my growing number four.
And till now I'm doing very good so now I want to show how I grow.
This is the first time I grow at the attic and with LED.

Already I messed up first 6 plants at attic, because of fibre pots I think which need to be biodegradable, but at week 3 my plants were still small (auto seeds).So i take them out and the issue was all roots stuck in that biodegradable pot because it was not biodegradable at all or just bad brand for them, so i put all them in one pot, because they started to flower already. Then I started a new grow without the biodegradable pots, straight in big ones. P.S. I still grow does messed up ones, they are super small and flowering and start to make the buds, funny small plants D:

The strain is 3 White Widow XXL Autos from dinaferm, and 3 Royal AK auto.

So White Widow
Yield: Indoor: 400-450 g/m2 / Outdoor: 60-170 g/plant
THC Content: High
Sex: Feminised
Flowering Time: 80 days
Flowering Type: Autoflowering
Variety: Mostly Indica
Genetics: White Widow elite clone x White Widow Auto
Grows: Grows indoors /Grows outdoors
Taste/Aroma: Bitter /Flowery /Sweet
Medical: Good for therapeutic use

Royal Queen Seeds Royal AK Automatic
Taste: Spicy / Sweet
Height: Indoor: 60 - 70 cm / Outdoor: 70 - 100 cm
Grows: Grows indoors /Grows outdoors
Yield: Indoor: 425-475gr m2 / Outdoor: 110-160 grams per plant dried
THC Content: High
Sex: Feminised
CBD Content: Low
Flowering Time: 5-7 weeks
Flowering Type: Autoflowering
Effect: Happy and active
Genetics: AK 47 x Ruderalis
Variety: Sativa: 35% Indica: 40% Ruderalis: 25%

So together now i have 6 plans all are in Veg stage.
Vegetative stage excatly todey is 2 weeks (next watering will be with nutrient portion)
Indoor attic grow, where i use soil from CANNA COCO Professional Plus+ (don't think this is the best choice of soil). I use 12L round plastic pots. On the bottom i set few litres of clay pebbles for better drain.
Lights
2xLEDs: 100PCS 10W Double Chips LED
Lumens: 26000lm
Lux: 18000lux/1m 15000lux/1.5m
Lifespan: >50,000hours
LED Power : 1000W
This is china brand and are cheap ones. And i already lost one of the lights, just stardet to blink . I order a new one and mean time i put my 3 plants under 125W CFL bulb what i was using before for Veg. I hope this will not stress them out going from 1000w LED to 125w CFL.
Ventilation
I grow in attic and now don't need any ventilation got two fans + exhaust, but the exhaust dont use at the time.
+ intake fan i have made.
Still need to finish my insulation for my build grow room, waiting for Double Foil Layer Aluminum Bubble Insulation this will be from outside of grow room.
My temps are in day time from 22-26celsuis.
Night time from 17.5-20.5 because its attic and now starts a winter i use for night time a realy small oil radiator 500w i think, but it does the job.

I got cheap PH testers what i use and they just show colors, so its something like 6-7 always, i use tube water, before i put it on plants i wait for 24h to rest chlorine out from water.
Watering about each 2-3 days.
I hope there will not be problems with any pests.
Let's show some pictures:
My grow room
DSC_08639.JPG
DSC_094221.JPG
DSC_15574.JPG
DSC_15552.JPG
DSC_15586.JPG

DSC_15532.JPG

Ladies at veg week 1.
week_1_5_2_.JPG
week_1_51.JPG
week_115.JPG

And here happen a disaster one of my LED Lights just stopped to work. I order a new one, but its still on the way.
So what i did i just in than one LED light place put a 125W CFL bulb for veg. Does someone can say for it will be safe and okey for plant to keep growing? i attach picture to see how it is now.

DSC_15541.JPG

And Here is week number two for Veg...
week212.JPG
week2_6_.JPG
week2_2_2.JPG
week2_5_.JPG
week2_6_1.JPG

And this are the plants when i startet to grow in attic using fibre pots. Because of not getting they bigger i started to investigate the issue, and find out its from pots, so i remove them from thoes fibre pots, but they was already at flowering stage so i just put them for fun in one 12L pot. With autofolwering plants i think if you do something wrong at veg stage thats will reduce your potencial a lot :(
DSC_14213.JPG
DSC_14583.JPG
DSC_14595.JPG
DSC_150210.JPG
DSC_15514.JPG
DSC_15522.JPG

And this will be the nutrients i will use for my girls, mybe they not the best realy, but they do the job, just need to use them.And can see my cheap PH tester, just order a new soil humidity meter and PH tester + Light tester.
DSC_15593.JPG

Any further advice please.
What issues i can wait growing in attic?
when do i start feed them with nutrients( i think at next feed, in 2 days.)?
does this china LED are good?
is there will be any stress with that light change issue?
and much more help will be nice thanks.
And ask questions if you like, im up to answer :thumb:

Hello, here with new Updates.
So today I get my 3in1 tester light, ph, moisture. Will show in pictures, say what you think about this model.
Can say White widows are under the LED and they look better, AK is under CFL, still waiting for a LED replacement.
What is light level good for plants? My meter is 2000+ for LED and 550+/- for CFL.

ww_bending.png
WW_week2.png
WW2.png

Royal_AK.png
AK_week2.png
AK_under_CFL.png

Temp1.png
PH4.png
LED_Light2.png
CFL.png

Hello, all.
Today I get my Insulation " Double Foil Layer Aluminum Bubble Insulation "
A got question can I set it inside grow room? Is it light reflective and if yes then how much in percentage?
I tried now in sunlight its seems very reflective for my eye.
at moment I use MYLAR which is I think from 70-85% reflection.
Insulation.png

Update :
So I add insulation from inside, I think it's very reflective, the room looks bigger and brighter now.
Checked with light tester and its good results, so I find good cheap insulation+reflection :)
And that's not all, finally, I got the replacement for that CFL, so I set LED on top of my AK auto plants, bit more away than normal, hoping not stress them out like that. And lets see if they will cacth up WW strains.
Insulation_LED.png

Looks great dude. I went from a CFL to LED and my girls loved it! Much happier under the LED. That insulation looks pretty cool. I could do with something like that to cover the entire inside of the roof space with to block IR cameras. Might look into getting a roll.

It's plenty of insulation types, its all about your budget. This was one of the cheap ones, but looks realy good.
The seller said nothing about its reflection, but I think its really good, mybe like 85-90%.

Let's see how goes my first ever LST for my first 3 big ladies.
So I decided to do low-stress training today, two white widows was looking okay and one AK was big enough to train. Day 18 for them.
First time doing this any advice will be very helpful.
And does it looks good and right at the moment?
First_LST.png

So let's see how we go.
I will say it was good and bad since my last update.
Let's start with bad.
My second LED just died the same way like the first one, and now I'm still waiting for the replacement for the first one, and now need for the second one, two LED died just less then in a month, just crazy really angry about it! And seems the results was not that good what i was expecting because i put WW strains under CFL for few days, and then I decide, to put them under my old HPS Lamp.(used already for tree grows) The results was Good after next two days, for WW strains.
Then I buy a new 400w HPS Omega Super something better a new one. :) And put all 6 of them under this HPS, because the AK plants were till yesterday under the LED and they are not close that good like WW strains + one AK is realy small, don't know what to do with it.
Then about the soil, I think I buy a bad soil, seems too heavy. It drains good because I got pebbles in the bottom, but anyway I think this soil is not good for cannabis growing.

So don't buy cheap china LED for sure, I still hope I will get a replacement and will find for them some use in the future, but for now, I will stay on good old HPS bulbs. And will hope plants will grow from now one very good.

The good thing is:
WW strains are growing strong, I start to feed them with nutrients, and they look healthy, Ak looks not that good will see in few days how will go, but I think they must go from now one.
the temp and humidity at room are good from 23-25 Celsius, 50-60% humidity.

And 6 experimental plants are flowering very nice and funny small sizes with nice buds. :morenutes:
Will put very soon update with pictures stay tuned.

Here is WW autos strain at week 3.5. They handle all light issues and doing well I think.
WWautos_week_3_5.png

AK autos week 3.5. Not that great, but i hope they will go up in next few days. Just don't know about the small one.

AK_autos_week_3_5.png

Growing_week_3_5.png

Anyone had the same experience with this china LED? Now i got 2x broken ones.
two_broken_LED_china_.png

And back too good old standart HPS bulb, must give a good boost now will see.
400w_HPS.png

Hello, so today is week 5. And they started to flower.
WW ladies are ok, strong plants, not the best results but they still grow.
But AK after all lighting issues seems to be a stressed, just one plant is doing well.
In pictures can't see that good, but for AK bottom leafs are getting slightly yellow, it's because of plant growing age, or need to give more nutrients? Maybe something else...

Add pictures of saved plants, they are getting really good healed, and start to make fat buds.(not will be much, but will be nice stuff anyway).

White Widow XXL auto
WW_autos_week_5.png

AK autos
ak_autos_week_5.png

looks they are making buds fat.
zalumi.png

Hello, got a question about Blackjack Fulvic Acid.
Is it good for use?
will get any benefit from it?
whats the pros and cons mostly?
And can I use this with my standard nutrients at the same time?
blackjack-fulvic.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom