Nute burn? Day 43 - 600w LED - 4x4 grow tent

Brohammer3

Hey guys, so I'm growing 3 carmelicious plants and one that's unknown so I call it Joe's Dirt. It's currently day 43. I had done a drench 48 hours ago with SNS 209 to prevent another fungus gnat infestation and I know it wasn't because of the product, but I think nutrient/salt build up in the soil caused it. I use black gold all purpose potting mix, next time it'll be something different like pro mix. Anyways first time growing, hoping to get a little help on if this is nute burn and if so best way to flush? I have Bush doctor sledge hammer but decided to wait to use. Any ideas?
420-magazine-mobile2040491313.jpg
420-magazine-mobile554177261.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1717364191.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1321700663.jpg

It's not light burn, it's 28" from the plants and I only spray them 30 minutes before lights out every night.

Re: Nute burn? Day 43, 600w LED, 4x4 grow tent

whats the water runoff PPM at? I use Miracle grow (feeds up to 6 months) and i have had some issues with very bottom leaves doing similar damage and a flush and 3-4 days later the leaf looks to be improving cause its definitely not declining anymore. I just flushed 2 gallon's of water through it and it dropped from 3530 ppm to 0450 ppm which was much lower than i wanted since i was shooting for 1200. Figure out ur ppm value and if its over 1800 its too high, bring it down to a safe 1000-1500 and see how that goes. You could even drop it down to 800'ish but later on u will need nutes or if u transfer it to a bigger pot, the new soil will have more nutes in it. U just dont want it over 1800. The plant i flushed was in a 3 gallon grow bag.

My 600watt viparspectra light is also hanging at 28' since i raised it from its 24' to rule out light burn. It wasnt light burn for me.

I am on day 40. Also do you feed your plants anything aside from water? like calmag? if yes on calmag, how much ml per 1 gallon u mixing? How about your pH of your water? Important details.

Here's a list of what you can do for starters:
* Check pH of water going in. it must always be between 6.0-6.5. I've heard of 6.8 being highest acceptable but no higher. I always shoot for 6.5 or below. If your pH is too low or too high, it will lock out nutrients so your plant wont be getting what it needs and it can effect all sorts of things. My tap water pH is close to 8 which is not good for the plant so i use pH down to adjust it.
* Check PPM. If its really high (over 1800) and your pH is perfectly fine, i would flush half a gallon of water then measure what the water runoff ppm is and keep flushing until water runoff = a safer value like 800-1400 should be more than fine. Then wait a few days as you watch the leaf's in question to see if they have increased in damage. The damage wont heal, its there to stay but if its stopped declining, you can rule that it was indeed nute burn.

20170918_214744.jpg
20170918_214441.jpg
20170918_214449.jpg

whats the water runoff PPM at? I use Miracle grow (feeds up to 6 months) and i have had some issues with very bottom leaves doing similar damage and a flush and 3-4 days later the leaf looks to be improving cause its definitely not declining anymore. I just flushed 2 gallon's of water through it and it dropped from 3530 ppm to 0450 ppm which was much lower than i wanted since i was shooting for 1200. Figure out ur ppm value and if its over 1800 its too high, bring it down to a safe 1000-1500 and see how that goes. You could even drop it down to 800'ish but later on u will need nutes or if u transfer it to a bigger pot, the new soil will have more nutes in it. U just dont want it over 1800. The plant i flushed was in a 3 gallon grow bag.

My 600watt viparspectra light is also hanging at 28' since i raised it from its 24' to rule out light burn. It wasnt light burn for me.

I am on day 40. Also do you feed your plants anything aside from water? like calmag? if yes on calmag, how much ml per 1 gallon u mixing? How about your pH of your water? Important details.

Here's a list of what you can do for starters:
* Check pH of water going in. it must always be between 6.0-6.5. I've heard of 6.8 being highest acceptable but no higher. I always shoot for 6.5 or below. If your pH is too low or too high, it will lock out nutrients so your plant wont be getting what it needs and it can effect all sorts of things. My tap water pH is close to 8 which is not good for the plant so i use pH down to adjust it.
* Check PPM. If its really high (over 1800) and your pH is perfectly fine, i would flush half a gallon of water then measure what the water runoff ppm is and keep flushing until water runoff = a safer value like 800-1400 should be more than fine. Then wait a few days as you watch the leaf's in question to see if they have increased in damage. The damage wont heal, its there to stay but if its stopped declining, you can rule that it was indeed nute burn.

20170918_214744.jpg
20170918_214441.jpg
20170918_214449.jpg
No clue what the ppm is at, I need to get one of those pens/meters. The runoff is around 6.1-6.2 PH. I just flushed with sledgehammer and I cut off the leaves that were too far gone so it'll be easy to tell if it progresses or not.

Make sure the water in is also correctly pH'd. i have never actually checked my water out pH haha. You should get the ppm meter ASAP, it makes things much easier to know how much nutrients are in your plant so you can see if not enough or too much.

This is what i bought and its doing the trick nicely
Pancellent CHARLOTTE044 Water Quality Test Meter TDS PH EC Temperature 4 in 1 Set

712Rm6w0MhL_SL1500_.jpg

Make sure the water in is also correctly pH'd. i have never actually checked my water out pH haha. You should get the ppm meter ASAP, it makes things much easier to know how much nutrients are in your plant so you can see if not enough or too much.

Pancellent CHARLOTTE044 Water Quality Test Meter TDS PH EC Temperature 4 in 1 Set
Haha my water is always at a PH of 5.8-6.0. Yeah I need to get one, thanks for the info. Hopefully that flush will help with the burn and when I get the ppm meter I can get everything where it should be.

Just ordered one on Amazon, we'll see what happens.

What's the Right pH?

Soil - 6.0-7.0 pH

Hydro/Soilless/Coco - 5.5-6.5 pH

Any lower than 6.0 and you are locking out nutrients, you should shoot for always nailing 6.5, i instantly water my plants if pH = 6.40's to 6.50's and up to 6.59. If you shoot for that range, you may see an improvement in your leaf's if it was just nutrient lockout all this time. The damage done is here to stay but like for my damaged leaf's they perked up and looked healthier even with the dmg done, thats how i knew in my case it was nutrient burn a few days after flushing.

I only did that for the last month because the soil was a little hot so I ph down with the water, I'll bring it back above 6.0 going in.

Hopefully you figure it out! It'll become easier to rule out things like nute burn when u have the ppm meter. Without knowing what value your ppm is at you cant really tell if its nute burn or lack of nutes, its possible if you flushed that it wouldnt help it at all cause if you're already low on nutes, you have deficiency's and flushing it makes it worse. However if you flushed it and a few days later it seems leaf health improved (by not declining anymore), that would be due to having too high nutes and flushing helped. Its a 50/50 shot right now until u can read ppm.

Either way, you got this! Just a minor setback. In my case since i ruled my issue nute burn, when i do my flushing in a couple day's im also going to clip off damaged fan leaf's and leaf's not getting any light. I'm just flushing with tap water pH'd.

Hopefully you figure it out! It'll become easier to rule out things like nute burn when u have the ppm meter. Without knowing what value your ppm is at you cant really tell if its nute burn or lack of nutes, its possible if you flushed that it wouldnt help it at all cause if you're already low on nutes, you have deficiency's and flushing it makes it worse. However if you flushed it and a few days later it seems leaf health improved (by not declining anymore), that would be due to having too high nutes and flushing helped. Its a 50/50 shot right now until u can read ppm.

Either way, you got this! Just a minor setback. In my case since i ruled my issue nute burn, when i do my flushing in a couple day's im also going to clip off damaged fan leaf's and leaf's not getting any light. I'm just flushing with tap water pH'd.
Well they didn't progress much so looks like that flush helped. Did a SNS 209 drench because the fungus gnats started to come back, added in some nutes, like 1/4 of the dose of big bloom and grow big, Ph to 6.4 and the ppm of that solution was around 800, slightly drenched and ppm of the run off seemed to all be around 150 ppm??? Shouldn't that be more?

Back
Top Bottom