Black Cloud - Blue Mystic - Coco - 600W MH/HPS Dip System DTW

Black Cloud

Hi everybody! I made my first journal and my first successful grow a few years ago, and now I am back. I also grew last year and I regrettably did not make a journal. It was very similar to the first, but I did not have as much time to devote so I made the medium 1/2 coco and 1/2 soil so that I didn't need to hand feed and drain three times a day. I made a trellis and topped once at the advice unheeded on the first round. Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way and find out for yourself. It ended up yielding a little bit more than the first grow and it was much less maintenance. This time I am going for the best for both worlds. 100% coco drip system drain to waste.

What Strain is it? Blue Mystic feminized from Nirvana
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid, mostly indica
How Many Plants? 4
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 4 days from seed
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Coco
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 100%
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3 gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 600 watt MH
Is it Air Cooled? Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 78-84
RH of Room/Cabinet?40-55
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6-6.5
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? First watering
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? General Hydroponics Cocotek.
Size or Square Footage of Room? 5' x 3' x 6'

thumbnail.jpg

Here is the current setup 4 days after dropping the seed in the coco. I made a rudimentary drain to waste table out of 4X4's for the legs, 2X4's for the sides, and 1X2's for the top. I cut up a PVC roof panel and stapled it to the side. The pan is a mortar mixing pan, all bought at Home Depot for really cheap, they even did all the wood cutting. The coco is still damp from the first time but once I need to water again I am going to use a 20% diluted solution of General Hydroponics Cocotek Grow and remove the heat mat. I am going to hook up a drip to waste system and hopefully only have to refill the reservoir and wet vac the overflow once a week after I transplant. The weather is going to cool off next week, that is when I will fire up the metal halide.

thumbnail_1_.jpg

This is what I am working with for the drip system. As you can see by the carpet I am not rich, this is a low budget setup The reservoir is a tote 23 1/2" L x 16 7/8" W X 12 1/4" H, 55 Liters (14.5 gal). The timer is an Astro AI digital timer. The pumps are from elemental solutions, 291 GPH and 370 GPH adjustable flow. The 291 GPH pump will recirculate the reservoir nutrients all the time, the 370 GPH pump will supply the drip.The tubing is 1/2" and it reduces down to 1/4" with one of the connectors. I have a hole punch for the 1/2" tubing and a valve for the 1/2" end, the hydro store was all out of caps or plugs and it was only a couple bucks. At the end of the 1/4" tubing I will be attaching basket dripper stakes. This is a first time for me, I have no idea if this is going to actually work or what problems I am going to run into so if anybody could let me know their opinion it would be welcomed.

Thanks BamBam. After the first few days my seedlings were getting "leggy" too so I switched the florescents to metal halide. I started it at about 3.5' away and every day I am inching it closer. They were at 2.5" tall and are now settling down at 3". I also started using half strength nutes keeping the ph at about 6. Temps are at low 80s but the weather is about to dip down so I am not too worried. So far so good

Thanks BamBam. After the first few days my seedlings were getting "leggy" too so I switched the florescents to metal halide. I started it at about 3.5' away and every day I am inching it closer. They were at 2.5" tall and are now settling down at 3". I also started using half strength nutes keeping the ph at about 6. Temps are at low 80s but the weather is about to dip down so I am not too worried. So far so good

I'll certainly pull up a chair :)

20170930_141817.jpg
20170930_143236.jpg
20170930_143225.jpg

All transplanted in 3 gal pots and the drip system is hooked up. The bigger pump was too much so I traded with the recirculate pump. I am turning it on manually until I get to a more stable schedule. I also increased the nutrients. 5 gallons are in the reservoir and I am so happy it is working as planned. What used to take me a half hour now only takes 2 minutes

Looking good dude,I'll jump in if you don't mind!

I don't have coco experience so I'll let someone follow up on this, but if I'm not mistaken coco ph recommendations are around 5.8? Anyone wanna chime in? Might make a difference to your grow, but again I'm not a coco guy.

That being said I'll be following closely and seeing if you can sway me! Good luck BC!

Nvm just saw this XD all good man! :thumb:

20171007_200939.jpg
20171007_201011.jpg

The timer works like a champ! Had another really hot day and it looks like one of the leaves is partially melted! I backed off the light but they are still pissed. I also got my trellis ready to go so I went ahead and topped them. I will put up the t trellis 9" above the pot once they get bigger. 2 weeks until 12/12. Next week I'm going to program the timer for three times a day for 1 minute at a time.

Looking good man. I just started my first coco grow and it looks like you're only a few days ahead of me. Your setup is intriguing with your dtw "slide". I likey very much. I'm eventually going to do something similar to your reservoir so I'm taking notes. Damn, bignstrange is frickin everywhere! He will help steer you in the right direction along with all the gracious growers in this community. Happy growing friend.

Back
Top Bottom