SweetSue Showcases The GROWant GR240 - Lighting Up A 2x2

A couple weeks ago Tortured Soul recommended me for a sponsored grow with one of the LED panels our newest sponsor, GROWant, was attempting to place with members who would be in a position to document a complete grow. They were seeking someone with a 2'x2' tent for the smallest model, The G240, which according to company literature delivers a powerful punch for a mere 80 watt draw.

It seemed a match made in heaven. I had the space that could be made available and the desire to help introduce a new sponsor to the membership and show off their wares. I made my pitch, they responded with the offer to send me a light to show off. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Let's start with the particulars.

Tent: Mars-Hydro 2'x2'x5'3"

Filtration: Ostberg 6" Inline fan with Can33 Carbon filter

Lights: GROWant G240 LED panel

Nutrients: RX Grow Solutions Grow Better

Medium: Hempy, perlite

Chemovar: Carnival (Ministry of Cannabis), Malawi (ACE Seeds), and Chem Dawg (unknown breeder). All are clones.

Some details about the light might come in handy.

image19761.jpeg

image19762.jpeg

Someone asked for an unboxing. I can do that for you. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_183425.JPG

IMG_183528.JPG

IMG_183631.JPG

IMG_183725.JPG

IMG_183834.JPG

IMG_183927.JPG

IMG_184031.JPG

IMG_184126.JPG

IMG_184236.JPG

IMG_184324.JPG

IMG_184429.JPG

Yes, it's bright. :laughtwo:

IMG_184534.JPG

IMG_184627.JPG

Enclosed manual.

IMG_184733.JPG

Lightweight, pleasing to the eye and wonderfully functional. One of GROWant's desires is to extend the life of the panels by improving the cooling features. I've had the light on in the tent all day long and it's held a steady 73 degrees F. So far so good.

IMG_185033.JPG

Sturdy attachments.

IMG_185135.JPG

IMG_185236.JPG

IMG_1853.PNG

So here we are. The tent was cleared of the blooming beauties occupying it at the moment, relegated with their COBs to the auxiliary bathroom flowering space for the duration of their lives.

The tent was cleaned.

IMG_229826.JPG

The light and guide beads hung.

IMG_229931.JPG

The light tested. :woohoo: It works!

IMG_230128.JPG

Enter the beauties. At the moment they're sitting 24" from the light. They're new clones, just potted up in their hempy homes a couple days ago. They'll be taking off and growing in dramatic fashion in a week or so. They're not yet up to full-strength nutrients. they'll all be getting RX Green Solutions Grow Better nutrients. No pH adjusting. :yahoo: It's nice that they were all potted up at the same time, because that means they'll always get watered on the same days. The pots they're in require watering every three days.

Yes, we're back to blurple light. :laughtwo:

IMG_254421.JPG

I have a pair of Method Seven glasses to make the pictures easier to enjoy.

IMG_254522.JPG

The girls. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart: I have 100% success with cloning, so I start dating the plants at the day they were cut from the mother.

IMG_254725.JPG

Carnival 4.4 (Day 36) The smallest clone cutting I've taken to date. I held my breath with her, I'll admit. :laughtwo: Then she produced the most vigorious crop of roots of the three. LOL! Carnival is one of my signature chemovars. Right now I have 5 specimens running simultaneously in my grow. Those of us who grow Carnival don't think that's obsessive at all. :laughtwo:

IMG_254825.JPG

Malawi 1.1 (Day 20) She's only the second Malawi I've attempted, and her mother is in my flowering tent in soil. I want to see how she'll perform in hempy. I'm attempting to transition my grow away from soil to hempy-only, and this comparison is part of the process of determining whether I want to keep soil or not. I'm running both soil and hempy now, and I seem to be pulling it off in both mediums, but soil is much heavier and more of a challenge in a third-floor apartment.

IMG_254922.JPG

Chem Dawg 1.1 (Day 25) Looking like she plans to take the starring role in the grow. :laughtwo: I gave her mother, a clone I'd just recieved from Hash Hound, to Jgrowlove last week, so I have no prior experience with growing the chemovar. It's the first indica that I've found that can stop my energizer bunny momentum and put me in bed within 30 minutes, so it's going to be a regular in rotation from now on.

IMG_255027.JPG

Earlier today, just after setting everything up. It's stable at 45% humidity and 73 degrees. I can work with that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_255126.JPG

They're girls. We have to close this one out with pink. :battingeyelashes: :love:

IMG_255218.JPG

The Method Seven glasses hang at the door. The trick is getting me to use them consistently. I'll be doing my best to stay on the safe track for eye protection. I never spend more than a minute or two in the tent, so I convince myself it doesn't matter.

It matters. :straightface:

IMG_255320.JPG

I'll be updating every Sunday from now on. That doesn't mean I'll only be here on Sundays. You all know I'm everywhere, all day long, so you'll see me here frequently. :battingeyelashes: Feel free to ask any questions. If I can't answer them our friendly GROWant representative will jump in and do his best.

Time to see what the lights are made of. Game on! :slide:

I'm here I'm here.

Its looking good Sue! The clones are looking Damn good and I wonder What kind of pots you have put them in. They look interesting because i cant figure out Where they are made from :p

The light looks awesome and I wish you are great growant adventure.

I Will hang around here for Sure .

I'll jump in on this one. Im always interested in new lights lol. Looks like it's a pretty impressive little light for the wattage it draws. The hempy grow is cool also, I want to give hempy a go one day. I'll be in the front row learning all I can lol. Best of luck to you.✌️

Subbed up . Can't wait to see the results. Interested in seeing the results of the perlite hempy buckets. Would love to try that someday

:welcome: Islandgrow. Hempy is amazing. The plants thrive like I've never witnessed.

We have a thread dedicated to the :420: Hempire. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hempy Headquarters

I'm here I'm here.

Its looking good Sue! The clones are looking Damn good and I wonder What kind of pots you have put them in. They look interesting because i cant figure out Where they are made from :p

The light looks awesome and I wish you are great growant adventure.

I Will hang around here for Sure .

Thanks NaturalSpirit. :hug: I'm certain we'll all enjoy the journey.

Those clones look so good because I root them according to the technique Lembatoast taught me. The come out of the produce bags looking that good. Thank you TOAST! :kisstwo:

Two of the pots are cut-down vinegar bottles. The other is a chopped down water bottle. All three are double-coated with black duck tape to protect the roots from the light.

First page Booyeah!!! Sweet Sue Killin it with the GROwant! Cheers!

:woohoo: Jesse! :high-five: Good timing is everything. LOL!

We'll hold off on the killin it designation until they get into flower, but I'll do my best. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

I'll be hovering around :420: well seems like most of your journals at the moment lol

:laughtwo: There are a number of them Shaun. Welcome my friend. If this little light performs as promised we're going to see a lot of excitement around these parts.

I'll jump in on this one. Im always interested in new lights lol. Looks like it's a pretty impressive little light for the wattage it draws. The hempy grow is cool also, I want to give hempy a go one day. I'll be in the front row learning all I can lol. Best of luck to you.��✌️

Welcome EastCoastGhost. :hug: Interesting username. Is there by chance a delightful story behind it you'd care to share?

I'm impressed by the product description. I'm hoping the actual usage blows us all away. An affordable light for a 2x2 that produces decent yields will be a godsend. Stick around. I'll show you how easy hempy can be. Check out Hempy Headquarters for more inspiration. Couldn't be easier to grow top-shelf cannabis.

Subbed in lurking in the background. Good looking light

Make yourself comfy along the edges. Interestingly enough, in a party situation or large gathering I'm the one in the background, watching the crowd. I know.... hard to believe. :laughtwo:

It's a well-made light, by the looks of it. Looks like something you'll be glad you spent your money on. Now let's test it out in a real-world setting. I run my veg lights 20/4 and flowering schedule is 11/13. This baby will get a workout, that's for sure.

I'm actually very keen for this, Sue!
In terms of amazing indicas that put you down, have you ever tried Master Kush? Or Bubbah Kush?

Subbed up ;)

Welcome Doc. :hug: No I haven't tried either. I'm not much of a fan of indicas. As you'll soon discover I run kinda on fast-forward. :laughtwo: My energy is more comfortable with a high-octane sativa, although my base meds are capsules made with CBD Critical Cure, a 2:1 CBD:THC. Indicas leave me feeling hung over. I can't abide couch lock.

Hash Hound left me with some of his Chem Dawg and I discovered I absolutely love it for very late nights when the lights click off at 3AM and I still can't wind down. Within 30 minutes I'm crawling to bed. :laughtwo:

So I'll watch from right here. I brought along some Amherst Sour Diesel...

:bongrip:

Ahhhh......Jim. There you are. :hug: I'm working on a bud of Devil's Carnival. Help yourself.

IMG_257826.JPG

Wouldn’t miss it!

Alright! Another doctor in the house! :welcome: to my latest gardening adventure. So glad you could make it.
Pull up a floor cushion and have a couple hoots. :battingeyelashes:

Think I'll join you. :roorrip:

Ah - Have meant to ask you Sue - That bag cloning method - How many days do they take to root in the bags? And do you give them any special light?

Ah - Have meant to ask you Sue - That bag cloning method - How many days do they take to root in the bags? And do you give them any special light?

Welcome to the journal DeVille. :hug: I check them every three days, if for no other reason than to replenish the CO2. They typically take around 12 days or so, depending on the chemovar. I've had some finish in less than 9 days and others take a month. I haven't lost one yet.

I keep them back from the light thusly.

IMG_239526.JPG

They need very little light to grow roots.

Noticed the same thing myself. Putting them a little outside the light now and that seems to make them root faster. Had 100% success rate as well for quite a while now

Less than five hours old and I started out 19 posts behind. Yep, must be one of YOUR threads ;) .

A couple weeks ago Tortured Soul recommended me for a sponsored grow with one of the LED panels our newest sponsor, GROWant, was attempting to place with members who would be in a position to document a complete grow. They were seeking someone with a 2'x2' tent for the smallest model, The G240, which according to company literature delivers a powerful punch for a mere 80 watt draw.

It seemed a match made in heaven. I had the space that could be made available and the desire to help introduce a new sponsor to the membership and show off their wares. I made my pitch, they responded with the offer to send me a light to show off.

I thought it'd be an excellent pairing - and, hopefully, beneficial to both you and GROWant.

Someone asked for an unboxing. I can do that for you.

I was asked the same thing. I hate to take the easy way out, but since you've done the presentation so well, I think I'll just refer people to your journal instead of doing my own. As our lights are true "siblings."

they'll all be getting RX Green Solutions Grow Better nutrients. No pH adjusting. :yahoo:

Oh... Wow. I've heard that unicorns actually exist, lol, but I never would have believed...

The Method Seven glasses hang at the door. The trick is getting me to use them consistently. I'll be doing my best to stay on the safe track for eye protection. I never spend more than a minute or two in the tent, so I convince myself it doesn't matter.

It matters. :straightface:

It matters! My vision has been slowly getting worse since 1976. Then, a little over a year ago, I started running an LED - and UV light. Within the past year... well, it's no longer slowly getting worse. Protect your vision, folks!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Oh, I do love an opening like that.

LMAO!

Good luck on your new grow journal with your new LED grow light!

And I promise I'm shutting the computer down after I hit the Submit Reply button, so I can go remove a 35-pound light and replace it with a much lighter one. "A few" other things, and I'll pop back in to leave a link to another new journal. Might be two or three hours (sorry, unforseen delay caused me to get home several hours later than I'd planned).

Back
Top Bottom