Doggy Daddy's Dive Into Coco

Doggie Daddy

So I've been lucky enough to be on this forum for a few months now and I've learned so much from all of you helpful growers. I've harvested 3 plants so far and have not been very happy with my resulting yields. But I hope to change that dramatically with this grow. All 3 were bagseed but we're working with Nirvana seeds this go around. Anyways here is the important info:

Setup:
2'x20"x4' diy veg box for vegging (duh)
4" duct booster and 6" clip on fan
The box is lined with that bubble wrap shit that's reflective on both sides.
Lights: Four 23w equivalent cfl bulbs in a heat lamp reflector from the depot

Strains: Northern light, Ak-48 and White Rhino. One of each

Medium: Rehydrated coco from the pet store and Miracle Gro perlite. 80-20

Temps: 73-84f
Rh: 30-50 (kinda low atm)

Nutrients: MammothP, Mad Farmer silica, GH Flora Trio and Botanicare Cal Mag
GH ph up and down with test drops (need to recalibrate my ph pen)

Solo cups

Flowering:

32"x32"x5' grow tent

Lights: Two 300w led's

4" Ipower inline fan and filter

6" clip on fan

2' tower fan

3 gallon Smart Pots
This will definitely be a whole new ball game for me since I've only grown in soil so any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated.
So I germed all 3 seeds in a paper towel in my humidity some. They took about a day to show some healthy tap roots, then into Jiffy pellets they went and back into the dome. All of them broke ground on 9/24/17. I'm calling that Day 1. Here they are in the veg box. They are currently on a 18/6 lighting schedule.
420-magazine-mobile2130446504.jpg

From left to right: White Rhino, AK-48, Northern Light. As you can see the NL is very long. I tried to bury the stem more but that's as good as I could get it. When they are ready to transplant they'll go into there final homes in 3 gallon Smart Pots. So there it is. I appreciate anyone stopping by to chat and help me out. I can take criticism and love to bounce ideas back and forth so I'm looking forward to this journey. Happy growing everyone!

Thanks PW. Glad to have you here. The NL had a massive tap root that I couldn't quite fit in the pellet. I was trying not to damage it and forgot to dig a deeper hole. My dumb ass.

I came home tonight and adjusted my fan a little to give the plants a little more of a breeze like PW recommended. Apparently coco dries out a bit quicker I noticed so I gave them a bit of ph'd water at around 5.9. I won't feed them for another week or so depending on what they're telling me.
420-magazine-mobile1651493222.jpg

This is the nute line up I'm using in the order that I mix it. I've heard to apply silica first because of the ph spike. Any advice on that being true would definitely help since silica is new to my nute solution. I use the ph down after I mix my nutes btw.
420-magazine-mobile1763483236.jpg

See one with abit of stretch but other then that looking good. Pulling up my chair to watch this grow. Subbed.
Pull up a chair man! I'm glad to have you on board for this journey. The stretched NL was not quite buried enough in her peat pellet. It was a dumb shit move on my part but she hasn't stretched much since yesterday. I'm keeping the lights close just for that reason.

Seedlings are so fucking boring in the beginning. They're kinda cute though. I swear I check on them every hour to see if anything has changed lol. Couple pics of the kids:
AK-48
420-magazine-mobile179723727.jpg

NL
420-magazine-mobile1377464335.jpg

I tried plucking the shell off with tweezers but didn't want to fuck with her too much. Eventually she'll grow out of it.
WR
420-magazine-mobile1136035848.jpg

Note to self: never put seeds in hot soil. This is a WR that I was hoping to enter into the Red Cup challenge. She's like 3 weeks old. I think the chicken shit in the soil just created too much nitrogen for these seedlings. The WR is starting to get greener but the NL that I started at the same along with her was trashed tonight. She was fried to a crisp.

My bad. That's the healthy NL in coco. Here's her evil sister
420-magazine-mobile1505272205.jpg

And a couple pics of my flowering clones. They are the first batch of clones that I've gotten to this point. I definitely have a calmag issue or lockout of some sort but they're frosting up decently. They're about 49 days into flower in 1 gallon pots.
420-magazine-mobile2087897627.jpg
420-magazine-mobile277459539.jpg

And the 2 led's I'm using for flower
420-magazine-mobile1723373278.jpg

Back
Top Bottom