Nepalese Highland x Indian Himalayan - Indoor - LED - Organic - Soil

Utopian

NPR-1_VWK-15.jpg

5076.jpg

What strain is it?

This strain is a cross of two Landraces that both originated in Cannabis' cradle of origin. Both parent strains are acclimated to high altitude conditions, mold resistant and quite resilient.

Mother: Nepalese Highland yielded from plants growing wild in the region that grows tall, slim and branches; this is the strain used to produce the famed "temple ball" hash and charas. She is the Sativa strain of the pair.

Father: Indian Himalayan yielded from the foothills of the Himalayan mountain range in northern India that grows short and bulky. He is the Indica strain between the two.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

This is an even Hybrid that can yield a dominant trait of either depending on what seed you try: each seed has a chance to produce high-reaching, slim plants or short, bushy plants. The plant I currently have is definitely showing Sativa dominance, given that she is so tall and trim.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

She is currently being held late into her vegetative cycle for an indoor plant; with her four colas, she stands at 24" after being trained.

If in Veg... For how long?

She has spent 15.25 weeks in her vegetative period, from seed.

Indoor or outdoor?

A strain recommended for outdoors, grown indoors.

Soil or Hydro?

I prefer to use soil.

If soil... what is in your mix?

Lowe's Eco-scrap Organic Potting Mix, Organic Worm Castings, Organic Vermiblood (12 - 0 - 0), Perlite, Epsom Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Great White Mycorrhizae a touch of sand and pea-rock.

If soil... What size pot?

She has been in her 5-gallon pot for three weeks, now.

Size of light?

I use a VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Full-Spectrum Grow Light.

Is it aircooled?

Small ventilation outputs on the top of the light.

Temp of Room/cab?

The primary tent currently varies between 78-81 degrees Fahrenheit without using air conditioning. My previous apartment was insanely hot, even when running the air conditioning; this led to my plant's leaves curling before I moved out. Now, all is well.

RH of Room/cab?

41%

CO2?

I use one 25 lb. CO2 Tank and one 10 lb. CO2 Tank; both tanks are outfitted with an electronic Titan Regulator.

PH of media or res?

Any Pests?

On this plant, none currently have been observed. Regardless, she has been given back to back neemings.

How often are you watering?

I feed her every two to three days.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Feeding Recipe: 3 - 1 - 1

>1 teaspoon of CalMag (1 - 0 - 0)
>1-2 teaspoon(s) of Earth Juice: Grow (2 - 1 - 1); derived from blood meal, steamed bone meal, bat guano, sulfate of potash, sea kelp and black strap molasses.
>1-2 tablespoon(s) of Organic High Brix Molasses
>1-2 tablespoon(s) of Organic Cane Sugar
>1 teaspoon of Neem Oil
>1 teaspoon of Plant-Derived Organic French Lavender Dish-Soap as an emulsifier
>1/2 teaspoon of 7-Part Oriental Herbal Nutrient
>1/2-1 teaspoon of Lactobacillus
>1 teaspoon of Fermented Fruit Juice: Banana
>1-2 teaspoons of Fermented Plant Juice: Cannabis Plants (Culled in Vegetative Period)
>1-2 teaspoons of Fermented Plant Juice: Cannabis Flowers (Cured Buds)

Spatial Requirements of Grow?

I'm using two tents: one is a 48" x 48" x 80" Finnhomy, the other is a 16" x 16" x 40" Quictent.

:volcano-smiley:

NPR-1_BD-3.jpg

NPR-1_BD-3_ALT-3.jpg

NPR-1_BD-3_ALT-2.jpg

Bloom_Tea_Bubbling.jpg

I've been bubbling my tea for about 8 hours now, aiming for another 9 hours of aeration and then I'll feed it to Bertha around 11:45 a.m. P.S.T. She's got some curls, though at the time that she had acquired them she was not overloaded with nitrogen; nutrient burn is not possible, I believe it was due to heat stress in their old environment. The new tent is much better for her, and I'm excited to begin the flowering stage to test out my tent's carbon-scrubbed, negatively-drawn air circulation system.

I have a few other strains that I'll begin to plant once my cubic foot of Oly Mountain Compost: Living Organic Soil arrives. I've established a second, smaller tent that is 16" x 16" x 48" for starting seedlings while the larger tent holds the Nepalese Highland X Indian Himalayan for her Bloom Period. Take a look at the photos of her above, I can't believe that she is only on Bloom Day 3 with how many pistils she's thrown out. She put on another 3-4 inches after being flipped already. Her node spacing seems pretty stacked, so I'm looking forward to the bud size per cola.

Overal Growth Week: 16

Growth Stage: Flower

Vegetative Weeks Aquired: 15.5

Bloom Day(s): 3

Temperature Range: 67F-86F

Room Humidity: 41%

Feed Composition:

Feeding Recipe: 2 - 4 - 5

>1-2 teaspoon(s) of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro: Bloom Soil Formula (1 - 4 - 5); Ingredients: Fish meal, composted seabird guano, kelp, amino acids, rock phosphate, potassium carbonate, magnesium carbonate and calcium carbonate.
>2-3 tablespoon(s) of Organic High Brix Molasses
>2-3 tablespoon(s) of Organic Cane Sugar
>1 teaspoon of Neem Oil
>1-2 teaspoons of Fermented Plant Juice: Cannabis Plants (Culled in Vegetative Period)

***Aerate this mixture overnight when finished combining***

Product Description of Bloom Formula:

Botanicare - Pure Blend Pro: Bloom Soil Formula

Pure Blend Pro Bloom Soil Formula 1-4-5 blooming natural and organic-based nutrient is specifically designed for plants cultivated in soil and coco. Containing only natural sources of essential major, secondary, and trace minerals from the land and sea in a 100% soluble form, Pure Blend Pro Soil encourages the development of vigorous buds, fruits, and flowers. Cultivating plants in soil requires higher phosphorus levels to offset clay colloidal particles that bind up phosphorus and to offset soil microbes that also compete for the phosphorus. Pure Blend Pro Soil 1-4-5 offers this needed phosphorus and provides nutritional value for blooming, fruiting, and flowering plants.

• Formulated for coco and soil applications
• Suitable for use with all growing mediums and hydroponic methods
• 100% plant soluble organics for fast absorption
• Increases budding, flowering, and fruiting capacity
• Essential elements are not derived from harmful chemicals such as urea and ammonia nitrate
• Eliminates plants' exposure (and ultimately the consumer's) to toxic heavy metals which can occur as
contaminants in chemical fertilizers
• The organic components of Pure Blend Pro enhance uptake and utilization of plant nutrients
• Amplified metabolic rate and capacity enables plants to produce fruits and vegetables with more minerals
and vitamins

Man, I LOVE landrace grows! Tuned in, sounds like some nice genetics you're running there! I wouldn't worry too much about the curls if you know there's no excess nitrogen. Curly sugar leaves and light/airy buds are really common with most landraces. You're looking at a real long flowering period possibly, excited to see it happen :circle-of-love:

Man, I LOVE landrace grows! Tuned in, sounds like some nice genetics you're running there! I wouldn't worry too much about the curls if you know there's no excess nitrogen. Curly sugar leaves and light/airy buds are really common with most landraces. You're looking at a real long flowering period possibly, excited to see it happen :circle-of-love:

Welcome aboard! I'm pretty stoked about it and curious to see how the buds form on this plant; the tight stacking and abundance of pistils only half of a week into flowering make me wonder if I should tie their tops up a bit more lol. I'm going to hold her until amber.

She has the potential to have an abundance of CBD along with a medium THC potency according to the breeder, Oregon Green Seed. I think it will still be strong enough to get me baked, and I have been an all-day stoner for almost a decade. I'm pretty curious to try the CBD-rich mixture, as I have a few medical uses for it myself, though nothing serious.

I also picked up some other strains from another breeder, Mello at The Nature Farm. Between the two farms, the strains I have are:

>1969 Hell's Angels Skunk Inbred Line X (Hindu X Pakistani)
>1969 Hell's Angels Skunk Inbred Line X Dumpster
>1969 Hell's Angels Skunk Inbred Line X Chemdog #4
>Platinum Bubba Kush
>Roxy
>Nepalese Rocket (Nepalese Highland X Indian Himalayan)

Btw thanks for the tip on the leaf curling, it's been bugging me why they have been healthy but curling at the same time. I saw this really old painting of cannabis from China, pretty sure it was at least 1000 B.C.; in the painting it showed a cannabis plant in profile with a farmer sitting next to it, picking leaves. The leaves curled at the tips in the painting, exactly like mine are doing now. Weird haha

Btw thanks for the tip on the leaf curling, it's been bugging me why they have been healthy but curling at the same time. I saw this really old painting of cannabis from China, pretty sure it was at least 1000 B.C.; in the painting it showed a cannabis plant in profile with a farmer sitting next to it, picking leaves. The leaves curled at the tips in the painting, exactly like mine are doing now. Weird haha

After doing a bit more reading, here's a few things to go through before checking it off as harmless.

Go ahead and check the bottom of the leaves for broad mites, they're invisible to the naked eye so any sort of magnification would be essential.

Are they drying out too fast? Check and feel if they're stiff or still soft and nimble.

These types of plants are rather finicky and tend to react to situations much quicker than a selectively bred indoor strain.

After doing a bit more reading, here's a few things to go through before checking it off as harmless.

Go ahead and check the bottom of the leaves for broad mites, they're invisible to the naked eye so any sort of magnification would be essential.

Are they drying out too fast? Check and feel if they're stiff or still soft and nimble.

These types of plants are rather finicky and tend to react to situations much quicker than a selectively bred indoor strain.

I took a 50x magnifier over the undersides of my leaves a few days ago and found nothing but a green undercarriage. The curl has been there for the majority of the plant's life, so I'm uncertain of broad mite damage. I was up at a commercial farm in Oregon and they had broad mites, I got to see what kind of damage they do and this is definitely not the same dealio. The one thing about the leaves' curls is that they don't want to revert from curling except by the plant's terms; if I try to do it myself I risk hurting the leaf, but I saw that it had uncurled a few of the leaves on her own already at the same time. Since she didn't start uncurling any of the leaves until I took her to her new tented home, I'm going to assume that her previous environment's heat issues were the cause of the curling to begin with. She had straight, perfect, little leaves for the first few months. When we got our heat wave in Southern California she began to curl, and I began to understand the need for a redesigned environment that had a better air circulation system. I'll show you the strain from start to finish next:

NPR-2_3_VD-1.jpg

What strain is it?

I've planted two seeds of the same strain: Oregon Green Seed's Nepalese Rocket (Nepalese Highland X Indian Himalayan).

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

Being a direct cross of two landraces, this strain exhibits a number of characteristics depending on the plant; for instance, it can manifest its appearance as pure sativa or pure indica, in addition to a combination of the two.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

They are in the Vegetative Photoperiod (if they sprout).

If in Veg... For how long?

Freshly planted today.

Indoor or outdoor?

A strain recommended for outdoors, grown indoors.

Soil or Hydro?

I prefer to use soil.

If soil... what is in your mix?

This is the exciting part of this for me, as I've swapped my initial soil mix to the following kit from Buildasoil.com:

Oly Mountain Compost - Living Organic Soil

>1 Part Oly Mountain Fish Compost
>1 Part Sphagnum Peat Moss
>2/3 Part Pumice
>1/3 Part Rice Hulls
>5% Pre-Charged Colorado Bio Char

Nutrients included in the soil:

>Acadian Kelp Meal - 1/2 Cup per cubic foot
>Neem Cake - 1/2 cup per cubic foot
>Crustacean Meal - 1/2 cup per cubic foot
>Brix Blend Basalt - 2 Cups Per Cubic Foot
>Gypsum Dust - 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
>Oyster Flour - 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

If soil... What size pot?

They reside in individual 5" X 5" X 12" plastic pots with nine drainage holes at the base.

Size of light?

They are underneath a LEDGLE 250W Full Spectrum Grow Light.

Is it aircooled?

Small ventilation outputs on the top of the light.

Temp of Room/cab?

The primary tent currently varies between 78-81 degrees Fahrenheit without using air conditioning.

RH of Room/cab?

41%

CO2?

I use one 10 lb. CO2 Tank for this tent, outfitted with an electronic Titan Regulator.

PH of media or res?

Any Pests?

There are no pests yet, the soil is brand new with an Organic Neem Cake baked into it; I also did my first feeding with a bit of Organic 100% Neem Oil.

How often are you watering?

I will be checking in on them every six hours, but I probably won't need to water more than once to twice per day.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Seedling Feeding Recipe: 1 - 0 - 0

>1-2 tablespoon(s) of Organic High Brix Molasses
>1-2 tablespoon(s) of Organic Cane Sugar
>1 teaspoon of Neem Oil
>1/2 teaspoon of 7-Part Oriental Herbal Nutrient

Spatial Requirements of Grow?

These seeds will sprout and initially reside in a 16" X 16" X 40" Quictent, before being moved into the Flowering Tent.

NPR-1_BW-2_ALT.jpg

NPR-1_BW-2.jpg

Bloom Week 1 Complete

Bloom Day(s): 11

I'm impressed with the cola girth this soon into Bloom. Each cola looks like it will yield about .75-1 oz dried, if she fills out the way I believe she will. FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS

kek

NPR-1_BW-2_ALT.jpg

NPR-1_BW-2.jpg

Bloom Week 1 Complete

Bloom Day(s): 11

I'm impressed with the cola girth this soon into Bloom. Each cola looks like it will yield about .75-1 oz dried, if she fills out the way I believe she will. FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS

kek

Looking nice, Utopian! You're definitely in for quite a long flowering period it appears, I hope you do achieve the yields you're looking for :thumb:

kek...The frog god?

Looking nice, Utopian! You're definitely in for quite a long flowering period it appears, I hope you do achieve the yields you're looking for :thumb:

kek...The frog god?

I certainly hope so, too. Based on my previous grows I believe that I will bring in the amount specified before. The plant is already another five inches taller after having been trained, standing at 29" overall with very even cola height all around. I'm pretty excited but hopefully it's not excessive like 13 weeks lol. If it is, oh well!

What do you think about putting a spare 250W or two into the environment with the 300W?

I certainly hope so, too. Based on my previous grows I believe that I will bring in the amount specified before. The plant is already another five inches taller after having been trained, standing at 29" overall with very even cola height all around. I'm pretty excited but hopefully it's not excessive like 13 weeks lol. If it is, oh well!

What do you think about putting a spare 250W or two into the environment with the 300W?

I actually did this for the last week and a half/2 weeks of my flowering period in my first grow. I'm guessing 250w HPS? It completely dominated the 300w LED I was using. I'd pick ONE 250w hps over 2 300w blurple panel LED's.

I actually did this for the last week and a half/2 weeks of my flowering period in my first grow. I'm guessing 250w HPS? It completely dominated the 300w LED I was using. I'd pick ONE 250w hps over 2 300w blurple panel LED's.

I have a 400W hps but I need it to cool off down in SoCal so I'm not tearing through my electric bill. I have begun to use LED's; I have the 300W Viparspectra over the large plant now and two LEDGLE 250W's just sitting around.

I have a 400W hps but I need it to cool off down in SoCal so I’m not tearing through my electric bill. I have begun to use LED’s; I have the 300W Viparspectra over the large plant now and two LEDGLE 250W’s just sitting around.

I'd say throw as much light as you can on her, desu. Sativa's love their light.

NPR-1_BWK-3_25_ALT-2.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-3_25.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-3_25_ALT-1.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-3_25_ALT-3.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-3_25_ALT-5.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-3_25_ALT-4.jpg

Bloom Week 2 Complete

Overall Growth Week: 17

Bloom Day(s): 16

Temperature Range: Low - 65*F; High - 91*F; Average - 83*F

Room Humidity: 37%

Feed Composition:

Feeding Recipe: 2 - 4 - 5

>1-2 teaspoon(s) of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro: Bloom Soil Formula (1 - 4 - 5); Ingredients: Fish meal, composted seabird guano, kelp, amino acids, rock phosphate, potassium carbonate, magnesium carbonate and calcium carbonate.
>2-3 tablespoon(s) of Organic High Brix Molasses
>2-3 tablespoon(s) of Organic Cane Sugar
>1 teaspoon of Neem Oil

I haven't had time to add another 250W to the room yet, but Curly Girly is doing very well! I am astonished at her progress given that we have only completed two weeks of bloom and are newly into completing the third. Each lollipopped cola has about a foot of nodes with leaves; if she goes for the long haul I think we can anticipate some long, fat flower buds.

So I'm having trouble popping seeds in my new soil! I've popped about 40-45 seeds in my experience, not much but enough to think I had a process that worked. Are these duds? Did I store them wrong? I've planted 3 seeds now with no action in 5 Days.

So I’m having trouble popping seeds in my new soil! I’ve popped about 40-45 seeds in my experience, not much but enough to think I had a process that worked. Are these duds? Did I store them wrong? I’ve planted 3 seeds now with no action in 5 Days.

Some seeds take a while to germ. It can take up to 10 days. Did you just throw them in the soil or did you germ them with paper towel method first?

Back
Top Bottom