KingCloudy's First/Indoor Grow Journal - Candy Cane - CKS

KingCloudy

Hey everyone. Welcome to my first journal! I have decided to join the community as I heard everyone here is quite helpful and friendly.

I'll start off by saying I purchased a small 3X3X5 Grow tent, which came with 3 sun-blaster lights (1 of them is smaller than the others, and I have it turned facing horizontally over the plants) while the other two are longer. The previous owner was strapping them to the sides of the tent, however I learned that they don't like light off in the distance, they need it above them. I'm working on getting my hands on a better light, or possibly ones I can keep horizontal!

I have some what started taking notes below on what I have done. I have it air cooled, with one fan blowing air out of the tent, and one blowing in. Again, I am completely new to this, and any information would help. I was told to pick up Auto flowers for the purpose of being dummy proof, however I would like to yield a lot more then just what the plant might grow.

CANDY CANE AUTO FEM CKS

Germinated - September 18th, 2017
Planted - September 21st, 2017
- Started the seeds off a little to deep in soil, thought about it and decided to uncover them and expose them, then to lightly soil them back over giving them room to breathe and sprout. As well, I have the each a solid water to begin.
- 1 seed was lost during the uncovering process, as I 1. Planted it too deep, in which it created a long root in which I accidentally ruined why trying to expose it. The plant did however sprout a tiny bit, but has only grown half an inch in length and is slowly starting to thicken in the leaves. All other plants are well and on there way.
- I did feed them a little bit of nutrients on their 2nd set of leaves. I used about half strength ( 1ML/2L water). I didn't want to feed them much, however just a tickle to start. That feeding was on September 25th, 2017. I will be feeding them at full a proper strength ( which I was instructed to do at their third set of leaves.) This is the nutrient I was told to use >
420-magazine-mobile1291892753.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1229518948.jpg

This is how the plants are looking as of September 26th , 2017 >
420-magazine-mobile1934149399.jpg
420-magazine-mobile785171541.jpg

420-magazine-mobile312734460.jpg

420-magazine-mobile436060358.jpg
420-magazine-mobile533704460.jpg

I will try my best to update it frequently. Hope if you're reading this you have enjoyed it so far and plan to stay tuned! :)

Right on King! No worries, looks like a healthy start. What size pots are you using? How's your light setup looking?
:passitleft:
I'm curious how that Medi-one is gonna work for you. Looks decent and simple. Simple is good-

Again, I am only new too this, however the local hydroponics guru ( who has many years experience I'm assuming ) pretty much told me they are dummy proof. He told me ( not suggested ) that this was all I need till later. So now it's basically try it and see what happens!

Right on King! No worries, looks like a healthy start. What size pots are you using? How's your light setup looking?
:passitleft:
I'm curious how that Medi-one is gonna work for you. Looks decent and simple. Simple is good-

Sorry I apologize for the multiple posts lol.

Given what I have, my light set up is a little wonky as my tent isn't big enough to have the lights that I have horizontal. Right now I have the 3ft sunblaster horizontal, and the other two 4.5 ft sunblasters across the tent in some what of an X shape form.

I was told that having the lights vertical with the poles was causing the stock to grow to long. It was suggested I bring it down so the girls aren't searching for the sun. I did that and noticed that they are moving quicker.

I'm not sure the litres of my pot, but i got 5 10inch bell pot from crappy tire and they seem to be working fine. I'll be ordering more seeds soon to start another, to keep it continuous. I plan on going and purchasing some containers without such a rim on them, and more straight up and down, and maybe look into cutting back the autos by two or three and trying a bigger one, while having autos on the go!

Hey everyone. Welcome to my first journal! I have decided to join the community as I heard everyone here is quite helpful and friendly.

I'll start off by saying I purchased a small 3X3X5 Grow tent, which came with 3 sun-blaster lights (1 of them is smaller than the others, and I have it turned facing horizontally over the plants) while the other two are longer. The previous owner was strapping them to the sides of the tent, however I learned that they don't like light off in the distance, they need it above them. I'm working on getting my hands on a better light, or possibly ones I can keep horizontal!

I have some what started taking notes below on what I have done. I have it air cooled, with one fan blowing air out of the tent, and one blowing in. Again, I am completely new to this, and any information would help. I was told to pick up Auto flowers for the purpose of being dummy proof, however I would like to yield a lot more then just what the plant might grow.

CANDY CANE AUTO FEM CKS

Germinated - September 18th, 2017
Planted - September 21st, 2017
- Started the seeds off a little to deep in soil, thought about it and decided to uncover them and expose them, then to lightly soil them back over giving them room to breathe and sprout. As well, I have the each a solid water to begin.
- 1 seed was lost during the uncovering process, as I 1. Planted it too deep, in which it created a long root in which I accidentally ruined why trying to expose it. The plant did however sprout a tiny bit, but has only grown half an inch in length and is slowly starting to thicken in the leaves. All other plants are well and on there way.
- I did feed them a little bit of nutrients on their 2nd set of leaves. I used about half strength ( 1ML/2L water). I didn't want to feed them much, however just a tickle to start. That feeding was on September 25th, 2017. I will be feeding them at full a proper strength ( which I was instructed to do at their third set of leaves.) This is the nutrient I was told to use >
420-magazine-mobile1291892753.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1229518948.jpg

This is how the plants are looking as of September 26th , 2017 >
420-magazine-mobile1934149399.jpg
420-magazine-mobile785171541.jpg

420-magazine-mobile312734460.jpg

420-magazine-mobile436060358.jpg
420-magazine-mobile533704460.jpg

I will try my best to update it frequently. Hope if you're reading this you have enjoyed it so far and plan to stay tuned! :)

This is the soil I am using >
420-magazine-mobile1806549467.jpg
420-magazine-mobile887129932.jpg

That means "Subscribed to your thread."
Gotta love the pro-mix- When you're looking at pots, especially when you get into photo strains, keep in mind that the size of your rootball plays a big role in the size of the plant.
I'm just here to hang out and pass on any knowledge I can. I've gotten some really great help around here and the best way to give back is to pass it on. All the best Man!

Gotta love the pro-mix- When you're looking at pots, especially when you get into photo strains, keep in mind that the size of your rootball plays a big role in the size of the plant.
I'm just here to hang out and pass on any knowledge I can. I've gotten some really great help around here and the best way to give back is to pass it on. All the best Man!

This is what it looks like
420-magazine-mobile628970124.jpg

I did a bit of research before and a lot of it said to start autos in their final pot, no transplanting, and to let them do their thing.

Do you think these pots are big enough? I would say they are 3-4 gallon.

I'm going to get some bigger ones and step the game up in a few weeks.

Packing them in. Do you have a plan for air circulation?
Check out some hygrometers, keep tabs on the enviroment

I noticed a few at the local crappy tire, I'll get one immediately. Right now it's located in my room, behind my so called "bar" that came with the room lol.

I may just turn this whole bar area into my room .

Packing them in. Do you have a plan for air circulation?
Check out some hygrometers, keep tabs on the enviroment

I'm working on getting proper air circulation, but this is what I have going for now. I'm slowly collecting what's needed.
420-magazine-mobile1561773117.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1568339274.jpg

I do have a small fan on the inside, but for some reason it won't let me upload the picture.

Tonight I decided after a long day of reading up that it was time to do something about my light situation, as they were set up horribly.

Below is a pic and I think I found the solution to working with what I have, to the best ability. I essentially hung all three lights together and made sure they are secured, giving off a lot more on the main area in my opinion.

420-magazine-mobile424510394.jpg

Question I have is: should I be using this fan to move air around the tent, or face it to blow air out? I have a solid fan blowing in, and it's all temporary till I learn and acquire proper ventilation.

420-magazine-mobile1151025432.jpg

Here's a pic of how they are doing. I'm honestly proud of what I've accomplished so far, and any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have given them a watering with full feeding of nutes ( as that's what I was taught ) and am excited to see how they go.

Any suggestions on watering? Should I have a set schedule and amount?

So far I have been watering 1L to each plant every 3 days or so depending on the soil.

420-magazine-mobile2113330224.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1550607969.jpg
420-magazine-mobile744122472.jpg

Back
Top Bottom