Autoflower Hunger Games By Heraldo

Heraldo

After a failed first attempt at using LEDs I've gone back to the drawing board and come up with this:

Autoflower Hunger Games

Round 1: After a brief soaking, 12 autoflower strains will be put into soil (about 8oz cups) under a couple CFLs. The competitors that break soil before a week go on to round 2.

Round 2: Our contestants will be battling to prove who is the best seedling. This round will take 1 week. You, the viewers, will decide who gets eliminated from the competition (how many plants go to round 3 is still to be decided)

Round 3: This round is very similar to round 2, but the contestants are competing for a bigger pot under the LED. (My initial idea was that only 1 goes under the LED, but it could change depending on how the plants grow. The LED tent is only 40x40cm).

all the losers will stay under the CFL in their tiny cups.

That's all I've come up with for now. Any suggestions will be happily accepted (point systems, new/different rules, correcting flaws, etc). I just thought this would be a fun way of getting rid of old seeds that have been sitting around way too long.

The competitors will be:
Magnum
Big Devil XL
Critical+
Pandora
Vertigo
Northern Lights
Critical Mass x Somango
Mango Cream
Ice Cool
3 unknown strains from Buddha seeds

Make your bets, they're going into the soil in a few hours.

After a failed first attempt at using LEDs I've gone back to the drawing board and come up with this:

Autoflower Hunger Games

Round 1: After a brief soaking, 12 autoflower strains will be put into soil (about 8oz cups) under a couple CFLs. The competitors that break soil before a week go on to round 2.

Round 2: Our contestants will be battling to prove who is the best seedling. This round will take 1 week. You, the viewers, will decide who gets eliminated from the competition (how many plants go to round 3 is still to be decided)

Round 3: This round is very similar to round 2, but the contestants are competing for a bigger pot under the LED. (My initial idea was that only 1 goes under the LED, but it could change depending on how the plants grow. The LED tent is only 40x40cm).

all the losers will stay under the CFL in their tiny cups.

That's all I've come up with for now. Any suggestions will be happily accepted (point systems, new/different rules, correcting flaws, etc). I just thought this would be a fun way of getting rid of old seeds that have been sitting around way too long.

The competitors will be:
Magnum
Big Devil XL
Critical+
Pandora
Vertigo
Northern Lights
Critical Mass x Somango
Mango Cream
Ice Cool
3 unknown strains from Buddha seeds

Make your bets, they're going into the soil in a few hours.
Haha subbed love the idea Heraldo! Let the hunger games begin!!

The games have officially begun. Around this time next week round 1 will come to an end. Temps are around 23-27ºC. Hopefully I'll have some updates in the next couple of days.

Distribution: (I screwed up a bit with the labelling xD)
IMG_20170929_0911041.jpg

Amazing turn of events! One of the underdogs, CriticalMassxSomango, has taken the lead. I completely underestimated her because she was a freebie in a magazine and they didn't really say where it came from. She now has a clear advantage. There's no sign of life in any of the other cups.
IMG_20171001_072947.jpg

IMG_20171001_073002.jpg

We've just about reached the halfway mark for round 1.
IMG_20171002_082733.jpg

IMG_20171002_082915.jpg

So far critical somango, critical+, mango cream, vertigo and buddha 1 have made it to round 2. Pandora and northern lights are almost there. Looks like it's about to get a bit crowded in there.

Looks like I won't have to off any of them after all. Nature took care of it for me...
I woke up to find mango cream looking sickly. Then I see a semiburied northern lights. I try to help her out and I find this:
IMG_20171003_084413.jpg

She was eaten from the root up by a bigass fungus gnat larvae. It's still feasting on her in the pic.
So I got nervous and started digging around. None of the other seeds had popped, so they all went into the trash and I'm off to buy some neem to see if I can get rid of the damn gnats...
IMG_20171003_084811.jpg

These are the only survivors
buddha
critical somango
critical+
vertigo
(critical somango and critical+ changed places after taking the pic)
what a shitshow xD

Today's the last day of round 1. This is what the girls look like.
IMG_20171005_143153.jpg

vertigo left, critical somango top, critical+ right, buddha bottom

Since there are only 4 plants, I've decided to change the game plan a bit. Round 2 will be a maximum of 1 week (If I feel like 1 of them is clearly doing better before that, the round ends early). The winner goes under the LED in a 12l pot, 2nd and 3rd place get transplanted to pots that are probably around 0.5l and 4th stays in the cup.

My prediction is vertigo wins, followed by critical somango, buddha and critical+

I'll probably transplant tomorrow. Tuesday if I'm feeling lazy.
Vertigo seems to be growing faster than critical somango (could be because she's slightly closer to the light). Critical+ also seems to be growing a bit better than buddha (they're both kinda messed up looking though...).
The way I see it vertigo is 1st, critical somango 2nd, critical+ 3rd and buddha 4th

critical somango and critical+
IMG_20171008_144103.jpg

vertigo and buddha
IMG_20171008_144121.jpg

family photo
IMG_20171008_144147.jpg

Vertigo has been declared the winner. There she is in her throne, waiting to enjoy some LED light for the first time.
IMG_20171009_161357.jpg

You think the hydrometer will read accurately stuffed down there? :hmmmm:
IMG_20171009_161418.jpg

Got a little OCD rearranging the CFL tent. Added another bulb for better light distribution and ended up transplanting all 3 of the losers.
Left to right: critical+, buddha and critical somango
IMG_20171009_172036.jpg

critical+
IMG_20171009_172005.jpg

buddha
IMG_20171009_171958.jpg

critical somango
IMG_20171009_171953.jpg

Looks like everyone is responding well to the changes

Vertigo
IMG_20171010_152125.jpg

IMG_20171010_152208.jpg

CFL tent: critical somango, buddha and critical+ in that order
IMG_20171010_152249.jpg

IMG_20171010_152308.jpg

IMG_20171010_152315.jpg

IMG_20171010_152323.jpg

kinda messed up that last pic but, didn't feel like it was worth taking and uploading another one...
tomorrow I'll start updating with lights off.

Back
Top Bottom