Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

scrumpdilly

Hey everyone. This is my first time growing and I will be growing white widow autoflower and ak48 autoflower. One of each. Germinating via the moist paper towel in a Ziploc bag method, planting seedlings in solo cups with 50% FFOF and 50% potting mix, then transplanting to one gallon jugs with the same mix and finally into 5 gallon smart pots with strictly FFOF. Set up is a grow tent measuring 2.5'×2.5-×4.75' with a 450 watt LED and small fan/exhaust/ carbon filter. Light cycle will be 18 hours on at 73°F to 75°F with 55% humidity and 6 of at around 65°F-68°F. I will update this thread as often as necessary with progress/ problems but I wanted to put this out there for any help I can get. Thanks!

White Widow cotyledons popped up today! Nothing on the AK yet. I uploaded a pic to the member gallery with much difficulty on my android, but can't figure out how to get it from there to this thread.

White Widow cotyledons popped up today! Nothing on the AK yet. I uploaded a pic to the member gallery with much difficulty on my android, but can't figure out how to get it from there to this thread.
Hey there scrumpdilly, I'll hang around here and try and lend a hand if I can, I'm fairly new to growing but we all learn together here on 420

I upload photos via the android app, if you tap the camera or image icon in the reply dialog you can upload and post all in one go.

Peace

here we go?
15071675324451602133784.jpg

Hey Caconym. Thanks for the help. There's definitely something up with trying to post on my phone via the 420 app or any internet app on my phone. Had no issue at all doing it on the laptop though...

The one thing I'm worried about is height. I'm thinking I'll definitely have to top/lst seeing as how there's only about 3' 3"max height between the top of the soil and the LED. Next time i would definitely go for a 6' tent.

Another question I have is: I have a fan blowing in through one of the bottom viewing windows with a 6" exhaust running out of the top of the tent attached to a fan attached to a carbon filter. Should I already be running the exhaust fan, or can I get away with just running the small fan. The temp does rise a bit if I don't have the exhaust fan running.

Ok, so the more I read (oh my god the reading never ends!) I'm going to skip the topping this time around, but I do plan on lst'ing at least a little.
The more you read, the more you realise you need to read about! It's a never ending cycle of self-education! Don't be scared to top, these plants we love to grow are surprisingly resilient. In a small space it will really help you control height and increase yield.
like is the exhaust necessary at this early stage for increased airflow/ filtering air or is it just for covering up the smell toward the end of the cycle.
Good airflow is really important, you want to keep the air around your plants fresh so they can breathe happily. You don't necessarily need filtration at this stage, you could run the exhaust without the filter and then add it in when things start to get stinky later on, this will extend the life of the filter.

Peace

Here we go! Just got home from work and snapped these. The AK48 is a little behind the White Widow but hey, first set of leaves! Stuck my finger into the soil and it was dry almost to the bottom so I gave each of them about .25oz-.50oz of distilled water. Anyone have any advice as to whether that was ok or not? I just wanted the soil around the seedling to be a little damp.

white-widow.1432941

ak48.1432942

Back
Top Bottom