First Grow White Widow 2x 600w Mh/HPS

Apexsmoker420

:volcano-smiley:

So I've decided to grow pot. Mostly to save money because I smoke so much and also because its something I've always wanted to do and now that I'm older I have the means and the space so why not, right!

Disclaimer: I have done research and I have tried to do my do diligence, I have put together what I think will be a
good first setup. That being said I still don't really know what I'm doing, I'm a blind mouse sniffing for cheese, I'm always looking for tips and advice so all comments and replies are welcome even criticizing . I also plan on adding to my setup and advancing it in the future, but also not trying to get out of hand.

Strain: White Widow Feminized 12sds

Indoor grow 6.5x6.5x6.5 grow tent

Soil Fox Farms Ocean Forest 75%/ Perlite 15%/ Vermiculite 15%

Lighting: 2x 600w HPS air cooled hood reflector digital grow light / MH bulbs, 2x 400w CFL growlights

Ventilation: 2x 440 CFM Fans with ducting/ Carbon filter

Nutrients:GH FloraSeries performance pack, PH up & PH down, GH CaliMagic

Misc: Master Digital Timer, PPM meter, PH meter, Aphid whitefly traps, temp/humidity senors with text
alerts. 3 gal prune pots, trellis netting, two desk fans, Germination station w/ rapid rooters,

So that's the setup I left most brand names out for fear of not being published :Namaste:.
I also installed a home depot RO water system that's hooked up to my well instead of city so winning!

IMG_137144.JPG
IMG_137447.JPG

September 29th: I started Germination. I have decided to germinate using three different methods as an
experiment and also to find what works best for me. 4 seeds were soaked for 15 min in water w/ a drop of superthrive. Then they were planted in soil in solo cups. 4 seeds were placed in rapid rooters after soaking the rooters for an hour in water and superthrive, then placed on heat mat under dome. 4 seeds left to soak in water and superthrive and covered. All seeds were then placed in tent under the two 400w cfl lights.

Humidity: 50% Temperature: 74 degrees

I know temps are low but the lights had just been turned on

Day 2: Not to much to report 2 seeds in the water cup sprouted so they were moved to solo cups.

Humidity: 53% Temperature: 77.9 degrees

Day 3: After 36 hrs the remaining 2 water cup seeds show no significant taproots maybe a tiny something
near the tip. I decided to plant them now. all seeds are labeled so ill know which is which later down the line. I also adjusted the lights a little closer to the plants to bring temp up a little and to have more light available when the sprouts break the surface.

Humidity: 46% Temperature: 82.4 degrees

Day 4: Things are a little more exciting today. I got home from work to find six of the seeds have sprouted
and are starting their journey in life.:Namaste:
IMG_138636.JPG
IMG_138546.JPG
IMG_138438.JPG
IMG_138338.JPG
IMG_138241.JPG
IMG_138146.JPG
IMG_137848.JPG
IMG_137751.JPG

Really excited to have started this endeavor and happy I could start this journal!! (happie3r that I figured out how to upload pics I think) I'm looking forward to completing this journal hope you enjoy!!!:420:

Boys! Love to hear there is fresh blood in the pool! Lovely to have you guys on here btw :D

Loving the setup apex, pretty much 100% what I have going on so I should really be able to help you with a lot of anything you need :)

Just remeber to keep those night time Temps when the lights are off within about 10 deg of daytime temps. Just to reduce any stretch you get, and various other things. :)

So far you seem to be killing it on your own, so keep it up brothaa!

Grow strong!

Hello brother, glad you started growing for yourself like I did, I started the process 2 weeks ago and you can check my journal too, as I am a noob at this too, I am figuring it out as I go. Yours are starting to look good, I will for sure sit back and enjoy your growing if I may ����

Yeah buddy spark one up and enjoy brother! I'll check yours out also!:volcano-smiley:

Boys! Love to hear there is fresh blood in the pool! Lovely to have you guys on here btw :D

Loving the setup apex, pretty much 100% what I have going on so I should really be able to help you with a lot of anything you need :)

Just remeber to keep those night time Temps when the lights are off within about 10 deg of daytime temps. Just to reduce any stretch you get, and various other things. :)

So far you seem to be killing it on your own, so keep it up brothaa!

Grow strong!

Nice! And thank you any tips on keeping temps up! I'm planning on having the night time cycle around 10am-4pm so I'm hoping that helps.

Also I have a question, at least three of the seedlings have the seed pods still on them should I just leave them alone and let them take care of themselves or should I do something about them.

I also have the CFLS ON 24/7 for now, when I switch to the 600w MH lights in about a week maybe less, I'm going to an 18-6 light cycle.

Hell ya dude! Nice set up!

I'm in! Try to gently take the seed pods off, they have a hormone that makes your plant stretch.

Try to use tweezers but be super gentle! And wait a little if they're giving you a hard time, some give a light spray of water to help!

Good luck, you'll do well! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice! And thank you any tips on keeping temps up! I'm planning on having the night time cycle around 10am-4pm so I'm hoping that helps.

Also I have a question, at least three of the seedlings have the seed pods still on them should I just leave them alone and let them take care of themselves or should I do something about them.

I also have the CFLS ON 24/7 for now, when I switch to the 600w MH lights in about a week maybe less, I'm going to an 18-6 light cycle.
You're on the exact right track apex, the 18/6 will be perfect timing for the cfl alongside the MH.

As for night time temps, there are these pretty darn cheap digital reptile thermostats on ebay that are 38 dollars (AUD) which you can just hook up a crappy little supermarket heater too on a low setting, just so the tent temp stays above 18.0 deg at night.

Not important but I just thought I'd ask, how are you filling your pots to 105% capacity?.

Haha :cheer: that is suppose to be 70% fox farm ocean forest

Day 5: A couple more babies have sprouted
IMG_140236.JPG
IMG_140837.JPG
IMG_141142.JPG
IMG_140437.JPG
IMG_140932.JPG
IMG_141246.JPG
IMG_140538.JPG
IMG_141039.JPG
IMG_141343.JPG

I pulled 3 pods off the seeds today very gently. A couple look like they have drooping leaves I'll have to look into that!
I'm not sure but a couple stems look like they might be a little reddish near the surface wondering if and when is a good time to give them some calimagic.
Humidity: 45%. Temperature: 83.5 degrees

Try to bring your humidity up a bit, seedlings are happy between 60 and 70 % this might help your curling leaves!

:thumb:

Day 5: A couple more babies have sprouted
IMG_140236.JPG
IMG_140837.JPG
IMG_141142.JPG
IMG_140437.JPG
IMG_140932.JPG
IMG_141246.JPG
IMG_140538.JPG
IMG_141039.JPG
IMG_141343.JPG

I pulled 3 pods off the seeds today very gently. A couple look like they have drooping leaves I'll have to look into that!
I'm not sure but a couple stems look like they might be a little reddish near the surface wondering if and when is a good time to give them some calimagic.
Humidity: 45%. Temperature: 83.5 degrees
Definitely DON'T add anyyyyy nutrients to the little seedlings apart from pH'd down water to 6.0 - 6.1.

When you grow from seed, they have something called endosperm which is a little sachet of nutrients that the seedling uses the push itself out of the ground, and start a root network. So realistically, 2 weeks before feeding any sort of nutes.

LED + HPS. Fast &Vast Auto, WW Auto and AK47 Fem - Current Grow Journal.

LED - HPS - Combined Grow

Definitely DON'T add anyyyyy nutrients to the little seedlings apart from pH'd down water to 6.0 - 6.1.

When you grow from seed, they have something called endosperm which is a little sachet of nutrients that the seedling uses the push itself out of the ground, and start a root network. So realistically, 2 weeks before feeding any sort of nutes.

Thank you I'll look into more I thought that depending on the water seedlings might need a little cal-mag. Changed my fan cycle and put a bowl of water next to the plants to try to raise humidity.

On a side note I had to move the rapid rooters to soil because I saw roots starting to pertrude!

Thank you I'll look into more I thought that depending on the water seedlings might need a little cal-mag. Changed my fan cycle and put a bowl of water next to the plants to try to raise humidity.

On a side note I had to move the rapid rooters to soil because I saw roots starting to pertrude!
Awwww yiss! Hittin' that dirty already. Sounds like they are loving their environment brotha!

The droopy leaves could be from over-watering btw! :)

Try to bring your humidity up a bit, seedlings are happy between 60 and 70 % this might help your curling leaves!

:thumb:

Just bought a little humidifier from Walmart nothing else was working!

Just bought a little humidifier from Walmart nothing else was working!
Keeping humidity right at all stages can really save you some time in your overall grow! I think you got this tho, you've done your reading ;P

How's the mini humidifier going??

It’s working great man brought the humidity up to 60-63. I didn’t have it hooked up to my timer with my lights, so when the lights shut off the humidity jumped to 80% i got a text alert good thing I was home at the time. Now it’s in the timer with the lights.

Back
Top Bottom