Euphoria - RQS - CFL - Soil - Second Grow

BluePhoric

So, this will be my second grow.

I'll grow one single plant, from seed.

I plan to Veg longer and train more, to finish with a bigger plant / bigger yield.

The details are about the same as my first grow (see the synopsis).

The things I'll do different :
- Veg for longer (1 to 2 months). " months ideal if I can keep the plant well educated (training).
- CFL 2700K to 6500K ratios (Red:Blue) : Veg = 1:2, Pre-Flower = 2:1, Flower = 1:0
- More toppings (I had 11 tops, I'll aim for more, possibly 20)
- Nutrients : Same as before (EJ Gro + Catalyst) fo Veg, but I'll try Pure Blend® Pro Soil for Flowering.
- OH YES, big change ! I'll do 24/0 light schedule instead of 20/4. Lets keep the plant short n bushy !

Different setup :
- New light fixture with a maximum of 10 CFL bulbs. Bulbs arrangement is circular. I start with 1 bulb and add more along the way.
- Air-pruning buckets. Home made, experimental, to replace air-pots.
- Black fabric background to make better pictures.

Light setup :
Lights_Setup.jpg

Bucket :
Runoff1.jpg

The chain circling the bucket is there to provide more room for LST.

May want to drop that cup into a colored cup to shield the roots from light.

Last time, I tested both (into colored cup vs not) : it didn't change a thing. The roots went all over the same way.
I read that roots are not afraid of light, only air.

But I'll probably drop it in a colored cup anyway... I dont even trust my objective thinking and experiences ;-)

Joking apart... it's probably better (opaque) for preventing bacteria and fungus, etc, not to be exposed to light.

Color spectrum of the sun :

By looking at some research like this : 1993EM&P...60..251A Page 255

I had confirmation of what I already thought.

The sun does not shift from the blue to the red spectrum because autumn comes. That's a myth.

The color spectrum of the sun remains pretty much the same throughout the year.

Certainly the spectrum changes a lot during the day (morning/noon/late afternoon...), it changes from location to location also.

During the day the colors shift because of different factors. But in average during a year, it is mostly the INTENSITY of light that changes. Not that much the color spectrum. Why would it ? It's the same sun.

Here I blended two curves from Summer and Autumn graphs. The amplitudes are not the same, but the compensated curves are very similar :

Light_Spectrum_Seasons.jpg

They are so similar that I wont even tell you witch is summer and witch is autumn.

Red and blue light have their role in growing, but it's not mimicking the sun in summer/autumn.

BP

Baby euphoria is looking good! I was just looking at this strain yesterday on herbies by dutch passion and contemplating purchase

Hey FN, if you need any info on the strain... I'm not a big smoker, but I find this strain potent enough even if it's "only" 9% THC. The high is really fun. It has the relaxing effect of Indica, but you feel like doing things, not go to sleep (well, some time later you eventually do...). The psycho-active effect is light i think. You think straight, talk a lot, laugh and have fun.

As for the thc:cbd ratio and medicinal properties, it does lessen your pains if you have any. I have no experience with other medical strains, so I cant compare.

As for growing... Its a strong plant, easy to grow, very bushy, and it accepts training/pruning very well. I made a cutting/clone for the first time and it was a breeze too.

BP

I installed the OpenCamera app for Android on my phone.

Better features, more flexibility to adjust focus. It's not manual focus, but it's better than the native app.

I am also playing with different software to do "focus stacking". I had mixed results, but it's promising.

8775.jpg

Notice the sharpness of the image in the front as well as in the back of the seedling ;-)

9556.jpg

Btw, I use an old Samsung Galaxy S3, on Android 4.1, like 7 years old. Best phone ever made i.m.o.
I'd like to change it for a Galaxy 6 sometime, the minimum to benefit from the latest Android features, like manual focus.

The key to good photos is a tripod for stability and remote (or delayed) shutter.
I bought a cheal clip-on mount for my phone. It does the job.

Back
Top Bottom