Autos - 3rd Time's A Charm

goofyfoot

Howdy All 420 People

Just figured I would try and record some grow stuff as I start up with a winter time grow. My third time with Autoflowers and really grown to like them. The fact that they are starting to bust out pistils in3 weeks is crazy. Also being able to chop at more likely 75 to 85 days is cool. They say 58 to 68 days but realistically, the two extra weeks. You can add is well worth it. I am impatient like most so this helps, instead of the alternative. Most feminized sativas will be 120 or ++++ days.

I also went with almost all sativas as I like the cerebral head high, but had to grab a North Lights, just because.....
I am waiting on Herbie`s for the beans and should be seeing sprouts by Halloween!! Here is a peek at the list:

4206.png

I will be running two LED full spectrum panels in a closet grow, they are rated at 600W and 1000W. The area is 5.5 feet square and it hold two plants comfortably.

Soil is my medium of choice and going with trusted Fox Farm trio and Cal/Mag As far as nuit`s are concerned.

I am not fancy, just looking to grow two quality plants in two grows between say, November trough April. This will give me two 90 day grow periods if I need them. If I can get a 4 oz. dry yield per plant // times 4 plants. That is a full pound and divides down to a quarter oz. a week. More then what I need for back tension and if I need a Tylenol or an aspirin. I would rather do a bong hit instead. So I am not a true MMJ user, if anything just and old burn out who likes a hit or two every now and then.
I also love growing and just staring at them to tell you all the truth!!!.

I don't know how many will see or reply but you are all invited to chime in. I was wondering what two seeds to start with??? I am not sure and may just draw straws.... or hold a vote / contest??? Place your vote......

More to come as I just wanted to get a start with this and to see if I can remember how to add a signature to this. I did say I was an old burn out!!! 1977 was introduced to Pink Floyd and Acapulco Gold good friends of mine!!

...Peace..... :420:

Howdy All 420 People

Just figured I would try and record some grow stuff as I start up with a winter time grow. My third time with Autoflowers and really grown to like them. The fact that they are starting to bust out pistils in3 weeks is crazy. Also being able to chop at more likely 75 to 85 days is cool. They say 58 to 68 days but realistically, the two extra weeks. You can add is well worth it. I am impatient like most so this helps, instead of the alternative. Most feminized sativas will be 120 or ++++ days.

I also went with almost all sativas as I like the cerebral head high, but had to grab a North Lights, just because.....
I am waiting on Herbie`s for the beans and should be seeing sprouts by Halloween!! Here is a peek at the list:

4206.png

I will be running two LED full spectrum panels in a closet grow, they are rated at 600W and 1000W. The area is 5.5 feet square and it hold two plants comfortably.

Soil is my medium of choice and going with trusted Fox Farm trio and Cal/Mag As far as nuit`s are concerned.

I am not fancy, just looking to grow two quality plants in two grows between say, November trough April. This will give me two 90 day grow periods if I need them. If I can get a 4 oz. dry yield per plant // times 4 plants. That is a full pound and divides down to a quarter oz. a week. More then what I need for back tension and if I need a Tylenol or an aspirin. I would rather do a bong hit instead. So I am not a true MMJ user, if anything just and old burn out who likes a hit or two every now and then.
I also love growing and just staring at them to tell you all the truth!!!.

I don't know how many will see or reply but you are all invited to chime in. I was wondering what two seeds to start with??? I am not sure and may just draw straws.... or hold a vote / contest??? Place your vote......

More to come as I just wanted to get a start with this and to see if I can remember how to add a signature to this. I did say I was an old burn out!!! 1977 was introduced to Pink Floyd and Acapulco Gold good friends of mine!!

...Peace..... :420:
I will come along for the ride. I growed some auto flowers on my first grow and I have some photos going right now. Looks like you have a nice setup. I seen a tangiematic on here grow into a beast, he couldn't control her lol. He also said the buzz was great with kind of a trippy buzz lol. When do you plan on germination.✌️

Howdy ECG.......

I hope to see the seeds by the 25th and will soak them on the 30th. I have figured out a way to train them so they grow out ward instead of straight up. Kind of like LST-ing them.

I have been using pieces of fuzzy pipe cleaners cut in half. I use egg shaped fishing weights .5 to 1 oz. size. As many as the branch needs without snapping it off!!
Then hang them off the ends of the branches. I got the idea from the way Christmas ornaments bend down the branches on the tree. Even when bent down horizontal, after 6 hours the ends are trying to bend back toward the light source. Unlike tying them down they still allow the branches to sway and wiggle with the wind the fans create. This allows // promotes a heartier plant all around.

Moving them slowly out every 2 to 3 days. After two weeks stop for 5 days (remove all weights) then start it back up. This allows for so much additional lower growth. To develop into more then just pop corn nugget's. I also believe stimulating this growth also helps prevent salt build up. If you increase the amount of bud sites to develop, it make sense the plant would accept more of a feeding.

So a 6 foot tall plant is only3.5 feet high. But also why I only have 2 plants for the 5.5 ft. square. I could squeeze a 3rd in to the mix but it just makes it harder to work the grow. This allows for so much air to circulate. I would rather have two happy plants then three crowded plants fighting of the LED's sweet spot of strongest light area.

Will post pic's as I get them and looking forward to sharing any info along the way. I am a trial and error kind of guy, so my opinion on most things is what to avoid or what Not to do!!

Thanks for stopping by and cast your vote for which seeds to start with!!!

keep it green...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste:

THIS IS A FEMINIZED HUMBOLTS PRIDE BUBBA`S GIFT AND YOU CAN SEE HOW OPEN IT GETS( from my second grow last year) that is a 35 gallon water heater for scale purpose. You can see how two plants will fill the area I am using.
2017-05-11_027.JPG

She had nice tight buds, not gigantic but sexy!!!!
2017-05-11_007.png

Howdy ECG.......

I hope to see the seeds by the 25th and will soak them on the 30th. I have figured out a way to train them so they grow out ward instead of straight up. Kind of like LST-ing them.

I have been using pieces of fuzzy pipe cleaners cut in half. I use egg shaped fishing weights .5 to 1 oz. size. As many as the branch needs without snapping it off!!
Then hang them off the ends of the branches. I got the idea from the way Christmas ornaments bend down the branches on the tree. Even when bent down horizontal, after 6 hours the ends are trying to bend back toward the light source. Unlike tying them down they still allow the branches to sway and wiggle with the wind the fans create. This allows // promotes a heartier plant all around.

Moving them slowly out every 2 to 3 days. After two weeks stop for 5 days (remove all weights) then start it back up. This allows for so much additional lower growth. To develop into more then just pop corn nugget's. I also believe stimulating this growth also helps prevent salt build up. If you increase the amount of bud sites to develop, it make sense the plant would accept more of a feeding.

So a 6 foot tall plant is only3.5 feet high. But also why I only have 2 plants for the 5.5 ft. square. I could squeeze a 3rd in to the mix but it just makes it harder to work the grow. This allows for so much air to circulate. I would rather have two happy plants then three crowded plants fighting of the LED's sweet spot of strongest light area.

Will post pic's as I get them and looking forward to sharing any info along the way. I am a trial and error kind of guy, so my opinion on most things is what to avoid or what Not to do!!

Thanks for stopping by and cast your vote for which seeds to start with!!!

keep it green...Peace.....

THIS IS A FEMINIZED HUMBOLTS PRIDE BUBBA`S GIFT AND YOU CAN SEE HOW OPEN IT GETS( from my second grow last year) that is a 35 gallon water heater for scale purpose. You can see how two plants will fill the area I am using.
2017-05-11_027.JPG

She had nice tight buds, not gigantic but sexy!!!!
2017-05-11_007.png
That sounds like a good way to train, I never thought of hanging weights to LST. I do alot of LST to my plants. I try to get all colas. Here are a few I trained on my first run.✌️
420-magazine-mobile750093840.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1509932083.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1166351925.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1629319266.jpg
420-magazine-mobile822071123.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1841889965.jpg

That last pic is a white widow auto that I have going right now. I have been training her so her canopy will be level, I love training my plants lol. I see myself as a artist, I love the fact that you can shape them how you want. I would have never tried LST if not for some of the pro growers on here giving me advice. I sure am glad I listened lol. Here's a couple more I have vegging now with the WW auto. The first pic was taken right after tying some branches down, it don't take long and they turn back towards the light.✌️
420-magazine-mobile373311369.jpg
420-magazine-mobile852763323.jpg

just to add the plant in the pic was grown with just the 600W LED, the 1000W LED is new and will be added this go round. So it should build the bulk up this time.
That thing is definitely a beast. That 600w led probably only pulled 250 or 300 from the wall. Im amazed at how well these LED lights do. Im gonna update to a PS Cob around the first of the year, im excited to see how the cob grows. I've seen alot of great results.✌️

This is the second grow with LED`s as the source for me. The 1st was with the 600W and yes it tells you it is pulling 285W actual. In the spec`s sheet...... that said a 2/3 increase in power. With what ever true watts the 1000 pulls, will really improve conditions for the plant. So the warranty is still good on the 600 watt one. That is the length of my time using LED`s so.... it is JMHO I offer with LED`s.

When I was first introduced to them 3~4 years ago. My buddy had two monster size things ( I think that was brand name also). They have improved and shrunk down. But even then he noticed how healthy they were. Vibrant and lush but the LED alone lacked the oomph to push them over the top. So he would add a 200 or 300 watt HPS kit when in 12/12 with the LED`s and was what was need for them to finish.

So 1600 whatever watts is better then just 600.... I am sure the ones today are evolved and improved since then. I am growing as well as the plant and so it is all good. The plant will do fine without us, and it is mostly our F-ups that cause the issue`s in the first place.

:420:

Thanks and I love to share but even having experience with years of outdoor grows. They are a different beast then indoor. So many outside inputs that WILL change things.

I have been doing commando grows by bringing plants outside before work. I leave at 2 or 3 AM so it will always be dark. I am home by 3PM so bringing 2 or 3 plants into their box is no big deal. I found a small cabinet with wheels on the bottom. Knocked the sides and top off it. To make a little rolling dolly to move them.

Then finish the lights ON cycle hours with CFL's. I found jumbo 120 Watt 5.5/6K CFL bulbs and daisy chained 4 together. They also sell a 250W 2.5K ones so I had veg and bloom covered. So this is my 5th totally indoor grow also.

If you have an pic's to share, a pic is worth a thousand words. As in trying to explain an issue or chime in with any info feel free.

I am no expert but happy to share what I am doing. If you can benefit from it makes the time invest more important. I still make mistakes and hope for and not promise any results.

...Peace

Hey ECG the first pic is yours....

ECG.png

I am 5' 9" 170-ish. So I would guest your hand is about my size, this is my pic and you can see the bulk difference it buds. Don't know what your lighting consists of. But the extra 1000 what-ever watts is a welcome for me...

just a week before harvest @600W so @1600W = !!!!!! hope I will have the mass like yours:

Show_Off_2017-06-21_002.JPG

...Peace.....

Hey ECG the first pic is yours....

ECG.png

I am 5' 9" 170-ish. So I would guest your hand is about my size, this is my pic and you can see the bulk difference it buds. Don't know what your lighting consists of. But the extra 1000 what-ever watts is a welcome for me...

just a week before harvest @600W so @1600W = !!!!!! hope I will have the mass like yours:

Show_Off_2017-06-21_002.JPG

...Peace.....
Nice looking buds there. I use a Marsll 1200 (600 actual draw) in a 4×4 tent. Im sure the extra wattage will help you get some nice big buds lol.✌️

Howdy All 420 people,

Just a word on the progress, I heard from Herbie`s as my payment was received and being processed. Been using them since 2011 and NEVER an issue. Cal/Mag and Bloom Stuff on the way. It is a powder 1-35-32 for bloom and easier to control. I use Fox Farm 1 & 2 for my veg nuit`s.

I us soil, no Miracle grow as all there shit is pre-mixed. You don't know how much of what is in there. I get Scott top soil and cut in perlite, sand, coco fiber peat, charcoal chunks into it and pot up 3.5 gal buckets. I have 1.25 gal starter pots. That I cut the bottoms out of and then replace, tape on. When the plant starts showing root ends out the bottom drain holes. Peel off the tape and the bottom portion of the pot comes off. wiggle the root end down into a shallow hole in the 3 gal bucket. When the 1st pot is touching the soil your are deep enough. I will post pics of this, seeing it you will understand. Then water in and tie down for a few weeks or longer if outside.

The root ends take off into the new soil of the 3 gal they secure themselves fast. What you do get is the root center mass growing into the full 3.5 gal pot. Instead of having to remove 1.25 gals of dirt that comes with the roots of the plant. Mostly is there is VERY LITTLE transplant shock. You are not tearing the micro-hairs and fine roots. So with Autos being on their own time table, any stress or shock has 2X in down time of stunning them.

Also if you get one of those old extra long oil funnels, aka. beer bong. I feed and water into the first pot, being it forces all the water and nuit`s. To flow over the root ball instead of around the outsides of it. Then when it is time to flush....... *just a thought*

So shit is happening, some pic`s will follow as it comes...thanks for stopping and ...Peace.....

Hey All .....just a quick update to the journal. Herbie has come through again and where I was expecting the 25th for delivery. I received them in my box yesterday afternoon! I just need to mix up some soil and set-up power and LED`s in grow area.

I am most likely going with The Northern Express and Mexican Airlines for the first two plants. Pic`s of grow area and such to follow shortly. Let the games begin...Peace.....

Hey All .....just a quick update to the journal. Herbie has come through again and where I was expecting the 25th for delivery. I received them in my box yesterday afternoon! I just need to mix up some soil and set-up power and LED`s in grow area.

I am most likely going with The Northern Express and Mexican Airlines for the first two plants. Pic`s of grow area and such to follow shortly. Let the games begin...Peace.....

Always a good day when you get a present and can start some babies!

Thanks for stopping by, and I can`t wait. I had to choose two for the size of the grow area. I could push 3 plants but it just leads to more handling and time as they develop. I like training them but also believe that they should be made comfortable. Lots of air circulating and limit over crowding.

Plus there make up being Auto`s I will be half way into the second grow and a standard feminized would still be finishing up. So ...... please chime in if you like. This is my 3rd go at Auto`s and second grow with only LED`s as a source. I am growing along with the plants and just looking to share results and thoughts. Keep`em green and more to come!!! ...Peace.....

2015-10-20_003-SHARE.jpg

Howdy 420`ers Happy Ump Day.

Just doing a test fire with camera, hanging lights and getting timers going. The pic`s show I am very basic and bare bones. The bi-fold doors are from my bedroom closet with a 1x1 hanger. the lights combined weight is less then 20# and I hung a 35# barbell weight from it to test. A-OK!!

THIS IS HOW IT WILL BE BASICLY

I start backward as I move the plant as it grows instead of the light source. So I have a folding card table to start them on with milk creates. Slowly LOWERING the plant downward, removing the creates, then the table. Till it is on the floor. I can raise the LED`s like 20 more inches higher themselves, if need be.

The LED`s are different wattages so I will rotate both plants 180* everyday-lights-on. Then every 2nd day switch each plants position, to try and balance out. Or try to get equal exposure to both. Also with LED`s there is that "sweet spot" around 14/16 to 20 inches from panel. ( AS CLOSE AS I WOULD GET) most brands share the 18 to 24 inch distance as proper.

PLEASE NOTE THE BLACK BUCKETS..... the orange ones have a chunk of a paver in bottom for draining.

mockUp.jpg

testFireLED.jpg

Not only are they my starter pot about 2 gal`s in volume, the white lower bucket holds 3.5 gal`s ...so a solid 5 gal volume for roots to run. They still need drain holes in the bottoms but I cut them for a reason.

>The first two weeks roots are fighting hard to grow
>I soak seed over night/12 hours, I pull the end of a Q-tip off and place it in a plastic milk cap with just enough water.
That when the soaked seed is placed on it. It is just above the water, not soaking in it. You could get rock wool but.....
> The seed will rot if you drown it and just keep moist with a mist bottle. Till the tap root pops and is showing outside the casing. Very fine hair roots are stuck to the cotton tip as well.
>So with a tweezer I lift it out and drop it down a hole made with a pencil, about 1/2 more towards 3/4 inches deep. I like going deep and pock very little soil down the hole. A little each day with a few drops of water.

Your plants will start low and develop a stout stem instead of exploding out 4 -5 inches tall. Then collapsing over on it self.

After two to 3 weeks I will see white tips trying to escape the drain holes. This is were the cut bucket has an advantage. I don't have to disrupt, damage by tearing all the developing micro roots I cant see.

Instead I take a sharp razor knife and cut around the packing tape. This frees up the very bottom of the pot, ONLY EXPOSING A BARE MINIMUM of TAP ROOTS.
They are harder and not as fragile as the feeder roots that form the BALL.

THE BALL STAYS INTACT> I DONT HAVE TO PULL IT OUT OF THE POT>

I transfer it to the awaiting 3.5 gal pot and set it on center. I add a 1/2 gallon straight water 6.25PH down the top pot. Add saved soil mix by the hand full around the gap between the two containers. Pack it with a stick till level.
I do plain water around the edge every other water. I also only feed down the first pot. My thinking is you have transplanted your baby with little to minor damage to roots. You have kept the core of the ball together and all the nuit`s have to flow over and through it every time. But still providing room to prevent it from spaghetti-ing around in the smaller pot. With Auto`s time frame BUILT IN CLOCK anything you do to hinder or shock them HURTS.
You cant hold them under 24 hours on to bring back the 10 days lost by shocking with nuit`s. As with a feminized or regular plant. Then the flushing so early fucks with what it was building on it`s own to use. To feed it roots and the bacteria, only slowing them even more.

Finial note with the pot is normally when you transplant... say a clone in a 1 gal pot. Into a 4 gal pot, You need to remove new soil to make room for root ball. This way it gives it a completely EMPTY pot to fill up, not one only 2/3rd`s. Just say`in.......

**NOTE** stretch a few bungee cords to keep it from rocking over if you do this OUTDOORS. The tap roots will tear ass for the fresh soil, but need two or three weeks to take control. And secure themselves in the bigger pot***NOTE***

YOU CAN SORT OF FOLLOW ALONG TO SEE HOW THEY WORK..... JUST MY OPINION AND COST ANMOST NOTHING, AND ROOTS A COMFORTABLE.

hat1.jpg

bucketCut.jpg

Seal.jpg

Toppers.jpg

Just need to re-mix the soil and I will add 2 bricks of coco fiber with fresh top soil. To help lighten it up. WHAT THE HELL lets live a little. A cool trick is use the bath tub to re-mix soil. By a new shower curtain and use the old one to line the tube. Mix and fill pots, lift out curtain use a hose wand sprayer to water down soil. DONE!!!

BONUS stuff!!! I found these on-line (yes NOZAMA) for 7 bucks you get like ten of them. They are those throw-away Mylar-foil survival blankets. What they do is reflect light and with a few pieces of painters tape. They can be hung like a curtain, right to the walls. FAST, CHEAP, EASY... just sharing,,, and a 500 dollar tent is nice. BUT I don't have the 500 dollars for a tent. This pic`s from a cabinet lined with them from 3 years ago......

0031626.JPG

010913.JPG

They are 7x4 ft. each and 10 for 7.99, for a commando grow or temporary set-up ...just sharing.

Also being it is winter I also start two of those Heirloom Tomato`s the purple one`s. I like purple buds too!!! They take up no room and I stringing cord zig-zagged that they climb and I use it later to tie up the buds from sagging. I have fresh tomato`s all winter and I buy those small potted basil, parsley .....plants from the super market. 4 hours a day I have fresh herbs too.... I almost forgot to add. Chucking the garbage I found a little storage rack, looks like for a bathroom. No one wanted anymore. It will make a great recycled drying rack for the buds!! Bonus plan!!

dryingRack.jpg

HOT SHIT THERE BOYS!! AND FREE!!

Time for diner then playing in the dirt. More stuff to come enjoy and...Peace.....

tick-tick-tick.....:420:
bug_porn.jpg

Howdy All and a quick report.... Soaked seeds 12 hours and set on cotton ball 12 more hours. Both tap roots stating to brake out from shell around seed. I set them in there pots and today is the start for them: Oct 28th.

So I hope to see in 3 to 5 days two healthy little Auto`s on their way!!

WOW DIRT!! ACTUALLY A VERY LIGHT AND ACTIVE SOIL MIX

2015-10-25_001.JPG

2015-10-25_002.JPG

2015-10-25_003.JPG

2015-10-25_004.JPG

SEE YOU ALL IN A FEW DAYS...Peace.....

:420: :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom