New Grow & Journal On The Way - Experts Needed

Brownyboy35

Hi all

Where to start, but not make it too waffley, or give more away than I need to (just in case the worst did happen)
I've been a recreational user of cannabis for over 25 years now, and been holding my head high about it all that time (no pun intended) my family all got used to it pretty quickly, because as we know, people who smoke very rarely go full retard a la Reefer Madness etc.

I'd only ever really just bought bags of weed before, in many countries around the world, over a dozen easy, but I'd never really delved into what cannabis is properly, never mind what it could do for people medically.
About five years ago I discovered the history of how they managed to get hemp banned back in the 30's and 40's and couldn't believe what I was seeing, not even partly hidden, they scammed the whole world quite openly.

I spent a lot of money (roughly £1200) back in about 2003 where I lived on growing gear from a hydroponics shop, and bought twelve cuttings from the worker in the shop, half an hour after I'd bought all the gear in a Burger King car park near the shop he worked in (what a long process that was trying to establish with each other that I wasn't a policeman trying to set him up) I can't remember what all twelve were, but six were Cali Mist, I remember that.
Anyway, that didn't work out, as I couldn't lie when my mrs asked me if I still wanted to be with her one day lol.
She turned the lights off by 'mistake' while I was away visiting family at Christmas.
Anyway, I came back and they were just brown sticks really (all for a LavaLamp ffs)
I managed to get them back under a light round at a friends loft, and somehow, they came back to life, We couldn't believe it,
Dry weight about 4oz from what had been 8 sticks.
Even though I was gutted, what I took with me was how resilient and hardy these plants were, when I'd been told that If you looked at them wrong they would just keel over and die.
Roll on 15 years, and my uncle who had/has lung cancer (does it leave with just surgery?) has just finished off 3 x Dr Kripling Incredible Bulk and 1 x green crack, or GSC (he's not sure and I'm not there to look at them now) they were done in a tiny tent with a vegging light, and no fan, so how he got an ounce or two off them I've no idea. But again they did what they could, under all the wrong conditions.

About a year ago, I really started looking into Cannabis Oil (CC0) and started making it about six months ago.
Our most successful batch to date, was a in June or July this year, when a friend I used to work with called me and asked what I was up to, I mentioned that I was making the oil, and he said his uncle had Parkinsons disease quite bad, tremors down one side of his face and the same arm.
Apparently at the last family event he had turned up to he'd walked straight back out, as there were a lot more people there than he'd expected, not nice eh.
Lots and lots more research specifically re CO v's Parkinsons, and told him that I thought It will work.
I wrote out texts explaining what it was and how he could feel, and that it would only be one strain of oil if you will, so to not worry if the first lot me made didn't work.
Luckily for him, his Nephew Ryan is a doer, not a talker (he's good at that too, like me) lol he drove over to mine one night after work, about 100 miles away from his house, I drove and got him 1.5oz of the best quality weed I could get at the time (Temple Haze) my girlfriend got a bus and trains to a place in North London to get the alcohol (we were v new to it at the time) then we all met at my uncles flat and made it outside his front door in a rice cooker.
A week later and I'm in The Netherlands with the same uncle, trying to find people to get good cheap weed off to make oil, and Ryan sent me a text that his Aunty had sent him of his Uncle sat up in bed giggling, with a caption that read "I think I gave him too much medicine last night, oops"
He said that it had/s stopped his tremors completely (after taking it) he was sleeping all through the night now for the first times in months, the pain used to wake him up every hour or so.
I asked him were there any negative side affects and he said "erm, well not unless you count the other night, when he overdosed and stayed up till 3 am giggling?
I had goosebumps on goosebumps and misty eyes I tell thee.
So I know now that it really can and does work on some people (most it seems) and that's what I needed, real proof.
Hopefully (and not for my sake) we'll have some more proof in a month or so, another uncle was diagnosed with skin cancer about a week ago, I had made some oil with some Lemon Haze trim i'd been given randomly, and managed to send it to him via my mum yesterday, so he will have started using it today, I sent him 15g so he's got plenty to be going on with.

Anyway, I had to mention the oil, because even though I CANNOT wait to smoke a joint(s) from every single plant that we manage to raise together, I am also doing it for medical reasons as well (and cost)

So, I'll begin

After a chance meeting a very short while ago, I'm currently residing in a lovely villa in Spain, with a very empty 7.5 t truck that I/we drove over from where I live.

My plan is to turn the entire truck into a grow room, filling in as much as we can, without stifling growth/yield.

I'm really not sure how to format the photos of what we have to work with, so I'll just try to put them up in some kind of order.

The truck back consists of two parts essentially, a square box at the very back, and a larger more rectangle box in the front, which was a living area.
I have photos of pretty much all of it, so will post them up after this text/waffle to see what you guys think.

What am I growing?
On the way to where we are now, I popped into a shop that sold seeds and bought the following seeds, ALL ARE AUTO's.

Amnesia Auto XXL x 6
Auto Critical Soma x 7
Auto Jack Herer x 1
Auto NYC Diesel x 2
Auto Skunk Mass x 2
Auto Ultimate x 3
Auto Heavy Bud (Big Bud?) x 2
Auto Moby Dick XXL x 2
Auto Cream Mandarin x 4
Auto Speet X 4
Auto Think Different x 3

So that's 36 Auto seeds.
I am going to add a Durban Poison or two to the mix as one of my uncles has always smoked and that's his favorite strain.
Plus I need to add a couple of high in CBD and v v low in THC for another uncle who has Chron's disease and can't get high with his work, plus probably won't try it if he has to get high (he's got youngish kids)

I am going to be with these babies every single day, so time or patience is not an issue

The equipment I have to use as I type are (all used equipment, not by me, apart from the T5 for seedlings)
1 X T5 light (small)
3 x 400w m/h lights
3 x 600w hps dutch barn style euro reflectors?
A 2m x 2m x 2m tent, which I don't think I'm going to use (in the truck at least, more on that later)
An inline air extractor and smaller unit that you add further along for extra suck/blow.
Roughly 6m of ducting
A carbon Filter (roughly 2ft long, not checked how good it stops any smell yet)
Roughly 8 x bottles of nutrients (sadly dated 2015)
Various other bits too, room temp gauge and humidity.
I am going to beg steal borrow buy or rent one more light of each, so will have 4 x 400w m/h and 4 x 600w hps euro reflectors when I finally start the grow in a week or so.
I have enough to buy reflective material and the grow bags and medium (I hope)
And I'm hoping to have a bit more to play with in a couple of weeks time, so should be able to go to town a bit.

Now obviously there is lots more to buy (I have all the fixings, nuts, bolts, hooks, para cord etc) so when I say that's what I've got, I mean in terms of grow equipment specifically.

So here's where you all come in first. I don't really have a plan on how I'm going to do this, but here's my latest thought, and after seeing all the photos please discuss freely if possible.

Because there are a lot of plants for the size I'll be growing in, and I do want the variety, should I maybe put 20 plus plants in the back, in smaller pots, and do a sea/screen of green type grow, and fill the rest with plants in larger pots and bowl train them as does the guy growpotcheeply on YouTube, exposing as much of the lower plant as possible to get buds all over?

I guess you need to see the layout and it might be a bit easier.

So the photos are pretty obvious to a point, one bit has cupboards in, and the other section is just a box.
They are separated by a heavy sliding door.
There are numerous air vents already built into the truck, which I will point out very quickly, hopefully lol.

The location is very secluded, and the only person that will even come close to the truck is an old Spanish gardener who comes around maybe once a week, and who probably smokes himself, or doesn't care, but I have to treat him as hostile, so the truck will be as smell proofed as is possible.

In the front there are two sliding windows on either side, one small the other medium.
The blackout blinds can be pulled down over these and boxed over to conceal any light (if needed) or just pulled over and the blind stuck down.
I think these will have to be sacrificed and hidden behind a thin stud wall, then whole sheets of plastic rolled out and stapled to the sides, floor etc, I know this will be tricky, but I don't know how better to get a sealed unit type thing?
I am going to use pallets throughout the truck, so that the air can circulate around under the pots/sacks.
On top of the plastic I'm going to lay a thin pond liner or something equivalent, the truck is parked on a slight incline still, and from side to side, I'm thinking of leaving it like that, so the water can drain off into the corner and be collected, got rid of.
I'm thinking I'll be using coco, so will have more run off than in soil.

In the kitchen area is a cooker hob extractor fan, that does seem to pull out quite a bit, It won't be enough by itself, but the ducting can be tapped into via a carbon filter and sent out of the roof vent.
I've taken the cooker out, as I'm not staying in the truck, but more importantly, because it has two air vents right behind it, which I'm going to use for air intakes I think.
There are also two matching air intakes behind the fridge, which I haven't taken out yet, as it's been keeping my beer cols whilst stripping this out.
There is also a double 240v socket behind the fridge, and gas pipe as it can be powered by gas also.
On the floor in the corner by the bulkhead is a night heater, that needs diesel supplied by the tank to blow hot air, but can blow cool air in just on the electric hook up it's on no.
The outlet is situated underneath the sink cupboard.

There is also an air vent in the bathroom ceiling, this just goes straight through, and the top hat spins around with the heat and wind and lets hot air out.
The toilet will not be being used, so I was thinking about taking the cassette out, giving it a good good clean, and placing some sort of fan in the bottom of the toilet, blowing cool air up through it and into the toilet?

In the back you will see two fuse boxes, one is for when it is switched to 12v and one to 240v
The people who owned it before me used to do welding with a 5kva generator that is in one of the side lockers of the truck, welders use quite a bit of juice, so luckily I think all the internal wiring will be up to it, along with whatever else I need to go with it all.

There are various 12v power feeds all around the truck for the 12v lights, so these could be utilised also, maybe just as extra fill in lights (if new led bulbs are bought for them)

You will see in the photos of the back, that I have some cargo netting that I brought just in case, I have three of them, and it definitely fits the back okay okay, does that seem alright to use? If I do go with the scrg in the back?

Lots and lots to talk about, I'm going to wrap up now, and get the photos up with some dimensions, and hopefully hear back from some of you soon.

Many thanks to the very warm welcome I've been given by so many, It was quite a thing to share this (pretty much the last thing I wanted to do) But we're pretty safe I think, and I know your help could help this grow, and what comes from it infinitely.

Best wishes

J

Okay, I need to check out how to add photos, I'm going to post this and get the ball rolling, and quickly work out how to do it.

Thank you for hanging in there/here lol

re: New Grow & Journal On The Way - Experts Needed

Awesome introduction! I'm here to watch and I'll help where I can! Lots of good minds here to help you get the most out of your set up .

Wow, what a welcome, and encouragement!
Just to get the ball rolling a bit further, could anybody tell me how to upload directly onto here?
Or do I have to upload somewhere else and then link to here?
Thanks again guys, it's great knowing there are people willing to help out.

Should help out a bit! Basically you have to upload to the gallery and then you can pull photos from the gallery when your writing your posts!

Thanks for the link my friend.
It's taking ages and it's 3am here, so I'm going to get some sleep, and have another go tomorrow morning with a fresh head.
Thanks for all the messages of support guys, I'm starting to get excited!!

Cheers mate . :blunt:

I'm in, sounds like the most interesting guerilla grow i've come across for a long while. Lol

I will second that! I look forward to your pictures. And welcome to 420! :welcome:

I wonder if this is dead in the water :( I was so excited for some breaking bad type shit

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hi Amadeus
I'm still going and doing okay, so far I think.
I've really wanted to post as I go, but with 33 plants (left) I just haven't had the time, and I would have felt rude not being able to engage properly.
I do have a question about whether I should scrog right now, so hopefully by the end of the day I can have a few pictures up and you guys can have a look.
I've been taking photos and videos the whole way through, so I'm going to be able to do a fairly detailed (ish) lol diary of them all, I've got 12 or 13 strains left I think, so have been pretty swamped with it all. But it's all going okay so far.
The + speed auto's are going to be the first ones ready, it says in about ten days time on the tin 12/12th ;-) but it could be longer.
I've also had to keep the lights on 24 hours a day due to circumstances, I didn't know if it would be okay, but researched it as much as I could, then compared them to other grows, and just kept a watch on them, and I think they're doing okay. Lots going on still, and I really want to finish them properly.
I'll start uploading photos.
I did put some on before, but got it all wrong I think, and they aren't in any order, but I'll start putting them on today and try and organise them properly as I go on.
Sorry for disappearing on you all, it's been quite hectic.
Yesterday for example, the Landlady visited to sort some things out as she's selling the house I'm staying in, I knew she was coming so took extra measures with the truck, aired it out thoroughly the night before then on the morning before she came, put fresheners in the roof vents then sealed them, and generally tried to eliminate the smell for a short period of time,
Then all of a sudden the police turn up too ffs.
The guy who owns the house had a court summons (he's a wealthy Russian) and didn't go, so the police randomly came to his house to serve it, but he's not lived here for over a year.
So for two and a half hours, I was laying on the floor of my truck keeping dead still so no one new I was there (no one knows I'm here apart from my friend who's renting the place) whilst I can hear the Landlady outside the window talking in Russian, AND two Policemen upstairs in the house talking to my friends wife who lives here.
It was a bit nerve wracking to say the least, but it'll be worth the extra grey hairs, and if the Landlady (who doesn't live in Spain, so it was a one off visit) and two Policemen were both 15 feet away from my truck with 33 plants in (some flowering) and I'm not rumbled, then I'm hoping that's a good omen.
Many thanks for taking the time to read this, more photos and an update on the way v soon.

Best wishes

J

Hi bignstrange
I'm still going lol. Sorry for disappearing after the build up, but there's lots to come, hopefully starting tonight. And it's been a bit breaking bad these last few days, see reply below lol.
I'll be back soon bro, cheers for the interest.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom