First Grow - Soil - LED Twin 900 Watt - Raindance Strain Equilibrium Genetics

baddaddygreen

Howdy fellow farmers!

This is my first attempt at growing indoors. I purchased a grow room last December and have FINALLY set it up in a secure location. Within sate guidelines.

What I am growing and how:

What strain is it? Raindance Hybrid not sure of the indica/sativa ratio. F1 Hybrid (Cloudbuster (SFV OG/Thundercloud/Malawi) ♀ x Gorilla Princess ♂ Equilibrium Genetics in Santa Cruz Mountains CA. The Package said 12 seeds. There were 27. So I sprouted 12 and have 15 more to sprout for the next crop. I chose the seeds over clones simply because I want to learn from the beginning. Sexing, topping, cropping, etc. I contacted the geneticist and he said they should do well in the grow room. This is what the geneticist stated about the strain

"is an early finishing, high yielding, high testing hybrid (outdoor sample tested 27% THC).-Female Gorilla Princesses are-resinous plants which exude aromas of fuel- / chocolate / citrus. The following-hybrids-received 50% of their genes from a male Gorilla Princess which was stretchy, quick to flower and healthy".

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Just Sprouting I Sprouted 10 seeds in a wet paper towel sealed in Ziploc bag. I peeked and they are starting to sprout less than 24 hours. Good sign!!!

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor 4X8X7ft Yield Lab grow tent

Soil or Hydro? Soil Fox Far Ocean Forest with coco

What size pot? 5 Gallon Felt

Lighting: 2 Advance Spectrum MAX 900 w LED full spectrum. 300 x 3w led setup 60 and 90 degree focused lenses. Each light pulls 612 watts at outlet.

My grow tent is inside a converted garage. Insulated. Ambient temp 68f. I have one 425 CFM mounted externally to carbon filter and another 425 CFM used as an air inlet set to the lowest setting. All of my cables/controls are mounted outside. The Kids will need all the room they can get.

Will be growing SCROG. Scrog will be 18 in off ground and will be adjustable as plants grow. Total canopy will be 4'x8'x44"

Temp of Room/cab? Room Temp 68F Tent 82F.

RH of Room/cab? 45

PH of media or res? 6.5 I am on a well PH 6.6

Any Pests ? occasional beetle.

How often are you watering? As needed

Type and strength of nutes used? General Hydroponics. Flora Line.

So far I have just sprouted the seeds. will transfer them to solo cups Thursday and post pics once I figure out how to post them.

Howdy fellow farmers!

This is my first attempt at growing indoors. I purchased a grow room last December and have FINALLY set it up in a secure location. Within sate guidelines.

What strain is it? Raindance Hybrid not sure of the indica/sativa ratio. F1 Hybrid (Cloudbuster (SFV OG/Thundercloud/Malawi) ♀ x Gorilla Princess ♂ Equilibrium Genetics in Santa Cruz Mountains CA. The Package said 12 seeds. There were 27. So I sprouted 12 and have 15 more to sprout for the next crop. I chose the seeds over clones simply because I want to learn from the beginning. Sexing, topping, cropping, etc. I contacted the geneticist and he said they should do well in the grow room. This is what the geneticist stated about the strain

"is an early finishing, high yielding, high testing hybrid (outdoor sample tested 27% THC).-Female Gorilla Princesses are-resinous plants which exude aromas of fuel- / chocolate / citrus. The following-hybrids-received 50% of their genes from a male Gorilla Princess which was stretchy, quick to flower and healthy".

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Just Sprouting I Sprouted 10 seeds in a wet paper towel sealed in Ziploc bag. I peeked and they are starting to sprout less than 24 hours. Good sign!!!

Lighting: 2 Advance Spectrum MAX 900 w LED full spectrum. 300 x 3w led setup 60 and 90 degree focused lenses. Each light pulls 612 watts at outlet.

My grow tent is inside a converted garage. Insulated. Ambient temp 68f. I have one 425 CFM mounted externally to carbon filter and another 425 CFM used as an air inlet set to the lowest setting. All of my cables/controls are mounted outside. The Kids will need all the room they can get.

Will be growing SCROG. Scrog will be 18 in off ground and will be adjustable as plants grow. Total canopy will be 4'x8'x44"

RH of Room/cab? 45

So far I have just sprouted the seeds. will transfer them to solo cups Thursday and post pics once I figure out how to post them.

420-magazine-mobile484222879.jpg
420-magazine-mobile411540241.jpg

Nice setup you have there and looks like some killer genetics also. I am on my second indoor grow right now and will be flipping a couple to flower today or tomorrow. I'm subbed up for the ride, best of luck to you..✌️

Thank you. The grow room was my 50th bday present. To myself.

Peace

Thank you. The grow room was my 50th bday present. To myself.

Peace
Cool, that's a great birthday present. It will pay for itself the first grow. I had $450 in light $425 in gorilla tent, $50 in fans and $100 for seeds. I also had over a $100 in nutes, pH stuff, and soil but my first grow payed for everything and still have plenty a bud to do till next harvest. You will get hooked on growing, especially when you pull your first harvest off, it's awesome lol.✌️

Update:

We got 11/12 sprouts which I've placed into "pong" cups with fox farms ocean soil. I ph'd the water to 6.6 and added a couple drops of gen hydro rapid start root enhancer as well as a couple drops of flora micro and flora bloom. I mixed a gallon jug and .25 mil each. 1/4 strength. Seems to be the rule of thumb here. Temp was a little low at time of placing under light. (68f). But temp is coming up. I placed them under 45 watt led until they all break the soil. After that I'll put them under 1 of my 900 watt led until they are sexed then both 900's.

420-magazine-mobile70997960.jpg
420-magazine-mobile734092434.jpg

Howdy fellow farmers!

RH of Room/cab? 45

Correction: I did not speak to the geneticist. The guy at the collective stated that. I copied the strain info from their website. Sorry for the incorrect info.

Heck I'm in for an indoor grow where I have no expertise! Hope there's room for an outdoor autoflower grower in here (though I am trying my hand at photo clones :)). If nothing else I can cheerlead:cheer:

Best of all I don't have to read 49 pages to catch up (sorry EastCoast...I'm getting there)!

As the collective grows, so does knowledge.

Ok update time. Veg start 10/21/17!

I have 12/12 sprouted and 11/12 have poked out of the soil. I powered up one of my 900 w led (612 watt from wall ) at about 18 inches with 80.8f with humidity at 35%. Light cycle is 18/6. First night was kinda fun getting the temp dialed in. Humidity will come up a little.

420-magazine-mobile303538722.jpg

It's go time!

Update time.

So, its been few days so I figured i should get caught up. Not much to report. That standard light on, peek a few times to check temp and humidity

10/22 - 1-/24. The Beetles invade. I live smack in the middle of an almond orchard. After they harvested the almonds, there was literally an invasion of millions of Predaceous Ground Beetles. At first, dropped a few "boxer biscuits" with this infestation throughout my whole house and converted garage where my plants are. Fortunately they are beneficial insects and since they are "predaceous" they eat other insects. That's great and all. But, when you are constantly getting up to vacuum the bastards up it's almost a "tweaker-esque" response to vacuum the floors at 8,9,10,11pm the last 3 days. In addition to perimeter and local spot treats where they came up through wall outlets, light fixtures, baseboards, carpet seams, heater registers, door threaholds, bathtub seals...shit they were everywhere. Except my grow room. They are finally getting the hint, that my house is the wrong house to invade. Its the only one...smh. I'll let a few live for Karmas sake. But on to bigger and better things. Temp and humidity were all within normal parameters. No need to bore anyone with more data.

I had one over achiever seedling that shot way above the rest. I re-potted it lower in the pong cup to brink it down to the others height. It seemed to tolerate it well. Survived 2 days without any signs of stress I have 12/12 healthy sprouts. What would the odds be if all 12 were females....Gawd I hope not. My tent is only 4x8
IMG_026558.JPG

Damn, I like those! Oh well.

Everything looks nice in those cups, and might I suggest a layer of food grade diatomaceous earth as a perimeter around your house next time the beetles come. You'll get a lot less exercise but you'll have a lot more free time!

You can mix it with water and spray it on the house with a Hudson to get where they crawl in as well. It works as soon as it dries.

Damn, I like those! Oh well.

Everything looks nice in those cups, and might I suggest a layer of food grade diatomaceous earth as a perimeter around your house next time the beetles come. You'll get a lot less exercise but you'll have a lot more free time!

You can mix it with water and spray it on the house with a Hudson to get where they crawl in as well. It works as soon as it dries.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'd like beneficial bugs as well. But not in my bed.

I'm very familiar with de. I just quit working for one of the nations largest pest companies. Thanks for the reminder. .I have 10 pounds of DE by my pool. I've been applying copious amounts of boric acid but the invasion was just too fast and furious. I'm just glad they are finally going away. Time for some strawberry banana cough...

Peace!

I’m very familiar with de. I just quit working for one of the nations largest pest companies. Thanks for the reminder. .I have 10 pounds of DE by my pool. I’ve been applying copious amounts of boric acid but the invasion was just too fast and furious. I’m just glad they are finally going away. Time for some strawberry banana cough...
Peace!

I'm sure you know this having been in the pest business, but for others reading this thread: the DE used for pools is completely different from food grade DE which is the type we can use as bug killer.

I'm sure you know this having been in the pest business, but for others reading this thread: the DE used for pools is completely different from food grade DE which is the type we can use as bug killer.

Very true friend. But miraculously, the beetles are about done. I do have a question. My first issue. What does this look like to you? One of twelve is a tad yellow and much smaller than the rest. It's just FF ocean mist soil and well water. No nutes as of yet. Waiting to do that when I transplant to a 1/2 gallon pots next week.

Thoughts much appreciated.

420-magazine-mobile1647187058.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1196116079.jpg

Back
Top Bottom