Wintastic's Kaia Kush LED & CFL Soil MicroGrow

Wintastic

Hello readers!

This is my second grow and I'm reusing most of what I had last time, but with some great modifications if I say so myself. This is my first journal though.

I picked a new strain that should grow better is height restricted boxes.

6x23w CFL
150w LED (50w actual)

The LED is the new addition to this setup. It's a small 1.5'x1.5' stacked Rubbermaid grow.

I'm about 10 days since sprout. I'll do my best to keep you all updated.

420-magazine-mobile1282273491.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1281872362.jpg

420-magazine-mobile645556692.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1540626515.jpg

I've learned a lot from this community. Wish me luck!

Not much to report over the last few days. 13 days after sprout.

420-magazine-mobile284531554.jpg

420-magazine-mobile883400896.jpg

I watered her today and made sure to have about 10% run off. I haven't phd tested the run off as I have added very little nutrients. But I should do that next watering. Been watering her with water that is about 6.5 ph.

This is the feeding cycle that I am following. I am using General Hydroponics flora series trio. Won't be using calmag unless it starts becoming a problem.

420-magazine-mobile627170192.jpg

She's starting on her third set of leaves now, but I think she's a little small for her age. She could be getting stunted by the unusually warm weather we are having in late October. It's proving difficult to keep the room cool. AC is not really an option as I have shared accommodations and AC in October is out of the question.

I am using 6x23w CFL. Would it be more efficient to just get one, 200w CFL instead? Efficient meaning less heat generated compared to 6. I'm think yes but I can't really find an answer for that.

Until next time!

Hello all,

I doubt anyone is actually looking at this except for a reply above but I have a quick update.

420-magazine-mobile43938381.jpg

So this marks about two weeks or 14 days since sprout. Give or take a day.

Temps are a bit easier to keep down as the outside temps are getting lower. Still around 27 Celsius or so when the lights are on. Way hotter than it should be but I really can't do anything else.

I'm also really concerned about how slow this is growing. Probably because I have crap CFL lights and a small 150w (50w actual) LED.

Thanks to anyone who actually takes a look at this journal!

Day 16 or there abouts

This is only my second grow ever, so I'm by no means an expert.

I think that I got an indica phenotype. Those leaves are looking real fat. She's bushy too, but i think one can only tell closer to flower.

420-magazine-mobile1060163635.jpg

I can't do scrog as the unit opens like a clamshell so I would probably move something that shouldn't move. I used LST techniques last time around in this unit and it works well.

I'll probably be topping in a week or so, she's working on her 4 set of leaves so she'll be ready soon.

Today marks day 18. Some more growth on her new leaves and her current ones are widening.

420-magazine-mobile2013259565.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1243793019.jpg

I got some very helpful advice from Scientific on another thread about my CFL height and temperature issues. I rearranged some lights to make it closer to the plant. I think it might have helped with the temps by spreading out the heat sources some more.

420-magazine-mobile2134082720.jpg

I'm concerned about the drainage of this pot. I mixed in a lot of extra perlite, but it's been like 5 or 6 days since her last water and the top inch or so is still kinda moist. Is that normal?

Peace!

Day 20. Getting wider and taller every minute it feels like!

420-magazine-mobile572369458.jpg

I watered her yesterday as the soil felt quite dry. Now that I have the CFLs closer to the plant I think she'll be drying out sooner than before.

Temperatures are stable and humidity typically stays above 45%. Will probably start some LST soon. She's growing taller now so just a few more days I think.

Hey all!

So I got some helpful advice from some folks over on another thread.

Yellowing Nodes After Topping

I decided to ditch my soil mix and transplant to a different pot. The new pot is the exact same as the old one. About a 3 gallon pot.

The new soil mix is really basic humus, peat moss, etc. mix. It's a less expensive product by the same company that made my old Pro Mix mycoactive. Because it's a lower price product, there was some woody material in it and the soil was quite clumpy. I "tilled" it, so to speak, by removing the woody material and breaking up the clumps. A added a healthy amount of perlite as well.

420-magazine-mobile1613883726.jpg

420-magazine-mobile495883917.jpg

She's starting to really fill out now. And some vertical growth now too. She's about 5.5 inches tall now. Not quite sure how I'm going to LST...

It's growing a bit after topping. Day 35 or so.

420-magazine-mobile44039831.jpg

So that's cool. Probably should have a bigger pot but I don't have any room.

Will probably flip to flower in a couple weeks.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom