Greenfing's Two White Widows SCROG

Greenfing

Hi,

Going for my 3rd grow, this time with two White Widows:)

Strain; White Widow
Pot; Rootpuch 56L
Soil; 40L + 8L perlite
Tent; Secret Jardin DARK ROOM II - DR240W v3.0 (120x240 / 4x8)
Light; 600w HPS + 2 x 200W CXB3590 3000k/3500k
Light Schedule; Veg - 18/6, Flower 12/12
Nuts; Gold Label Soil A+B, Roots,Ulta MG, Ultra PK and Enzyme.

Room temp goals; Day 27C, Night 20C
Watering Cycle goal; Watering every 3rd day

Plants are currently in week 5 of Veg;
IMG_20171023_195736.jpg

IMG_20171023_195724.jpg

Due to local laws I want to keep it to only two plants in SCROG to maximize my yield pr. plant (not watt or time), they are currently 600x600mm but I need each of them to cover closer to 1200x900mm. How many weeks can I VEG my plants before I risk turning them hermaphrodite? I plan on vegging them two more weeks in the tent from the picture above, then two more weeks in the SCROG net before I switch to 12/12.
If 9 weeks of Veg dont cut it, how many weeks can I do?

TENT102.JPG

Question I need some help with; Im moving my plants from one house to another, the car will be heated to 22C but the outside will be 7C/44F, will the 10seconds it takes to get the plants in the car and then the 10seconds to get them out of the car and into the new house stress the plants? They are in Veg and will get 1-2 weeks of veg in the new location before I switch.

Veg Week 7 day 1.

The ladies are on place in their brand new tent:)
They are a bit short and bushy but I guess a week or two more in veg will sort them out;
ww241.jpg

400w MH + 2 x 200W CXB3590 3000k/3500k; Thinking I should rotate the reflector 90Degrees for better coverage?
ww199.jpg

Put the ladies on a shelf standing on top of some leca stones, super easy to put a tub under them during feeding;
Under18.jpg

Day 5 week 7

I did a huge watering using 25Liter for each of them and it seems to have sorted them out, they look a lot more healthy now:)
I guess ill switch them over to flower sometime early next week, can anyone tell me their experience with tucking white widows? How many days should I plan to continue with tucking?

I love my Webcam setup, Live feed on a mobile app that gives me full control of my tent at all time and motion detection that triggers and send me emails with pics at every lights on/off cycles so that I can go back and check day/night temps:)
IMG_20171110_164115.jpg

A couple days more of veg? what do you think?
IMG_20171110_164120.jpg

Just tried my BlueLab PH stick for the first time;
Water - 5,7
Water with nutes (after shaking the tub) 5,5
Runnoff - 4,9!

I will have to start adding PH up,Gold Labels recommends PH6,2, but ive also read 5,5-6,5 and 6-7.
Next feeding I will bring my nutes up PH6,5 and hopefully that will bring my runoff up to PH6.

My office :D
Office3.jpg

Just tried my BlueLab PH stick for the first time;
Water - 5,7
Water with nutes (after shaking the tub) 5,5
Runnoff - 4,9!

I will have to start adding PH up,Gold Labels recommends PH6,2, but ive also read 5,5-6,5 and 6-7.
Next feeding I will bring my nutes up PH6,5 and hopefully that will bring my runoff up to PH6.

My office :D
Office3.jpg

It really depends on your medium. Are you in soil, or a soiless mix like coco or promix? 6-7 is ideal for soils. And 5.5-6.5 is ideal for hydro/soiless mediums. Hope this helps man.

I just switched to 12/12, Ive had success with 36hour darkness period before switching but this I want to delay the flowers as much as possible.

Here is my excel sheet where I log and plan my grow, Ill tuck for 10 days, then only tuck if its a clear case.
My nutes got delayed in the post so I had to borrow some from a friend.
LOG7.JPG

Whatever I do and try, I dont seem to be able to keep my temps down in my tents without running them with one of the doors partly open on the top side.
I need the outside room to be 17C if I want to manage max 27C on the canopy, but then I need to add a heater if I want night temps above 20C. This results in a massive waste or power with the two units constantly fighting each other.
I got a 552 m³/h exhaust that dont cut it, maybe I should try installing my 320 m³/h fan as an intake?

I just switched to 12/12, Ive had success with 36hour darkness period before switching but this I want to delay the flowers as much as possible.

Here is my excel sheet where I log and plan my grow, Ill tuck for 10 days, then only tuck if its a clear case.
My nutes got delayed in the post so I had to borrow some from a friend.
LOG7.JPG
Sweet man, the fun part begins! . I like a dark period before Flower as well, I do 30 hours.

Looking at your sheet I noticed this:

You might want to fluctuate that ph a little. 6.8 is good. But do a couple at 6.2, 6.5 throughout. Although, your run-off ph seems a little low, so for now the 6.8 should work good.

Also, do you have a ppm meter, to test how strong your feeds are?

Looks good though man, excited for you .

Whatever I do and try, I dont seem to be able to keep my temps down in my tents without running them with one of the doors partly open on the top side.
I need the outside room to be 17C if I want to manage max 27C on the canopy, but then I need to add a heater if I want night temps above 20C. This results in a massive waste or power with the two units constantly fighting each other.
I got a 552 m³/h exhaust that dont cut it, maybe I should try installing my 320 m³/h fan as an intake?

Yea that's a good idea. Having an intake fan should help temps during the day. Worth a try. Gotta get those temps stable. You got this

I just received my PH and EC meter and this will be my first grow where I check PH and EC.
I messured the PH on the nutes to 5,5 and got a bit surprised by the runoff beeing so acid, ill PH+ nutes to 6,8 tomorrow when I water again and then fluctuate like you said:) (I just put the PH numbers there for show, the whole sheet is like a living document that I keep adjusting as needed)
I forgot to order EC calibration liquid and my EC/PPM pen reads 0EC in my tapwater, I will test the EC as soon as I got the pen set up correctly:)

Im also waiting for the PH+, tomorrow ill try upping the PH using half a spoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)

Yea that's a good idea. Having an intake fan should help temps during the day. Worth a try. Gotta get those temps stable. You got this

Nope, I dont got it and I dont get it at all :hmmmm:
19,5-20C in my lung room
280 m³/h intake fan
552 m³/h extract fan
All running on max without filters or bends on anything and still the temp rise to 27,8ish at the canopy and 23C at the root level!! The entire tent is too warm!

Whats the h... is going on? ive connected the extract to my reflector that I run open. I could try moving the extract to the top of the tent, but then I need either a fan blowing at the reflector or a small extract pulling air from it and pulling directly from the reflector should be where most of the hot air is anyway? My fans are allready oversized to both the lights and the tent, 20C is cool for a lungroom and this shouldent be a problem! Any Ideas?

I just received my PH and EC meter and this will be my first grow where I check PH and EC.
I messured the PH on the nutes to 5,5 and got a bit surprised by the runoff beeing so acid, ill PH+ nutes to 6,8 tomorrow when I water again and then fluctuate like you said:) (I just put the PH numbers there for show, the whole sheet is like a living document that I keep adjusting as needed)
I forgot to order EC calibration liquid and my EC/PPM pen reads 0EC in my tapwater, I will test the EC as soon as I got the pen set up correctly:)

Im also waiting for the PH+, tomorrow ill try upping the PH using half a spoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)

Turns out that baking soda is some powerful stuff! 1tbs pr.20L will raise the PH from 6 to 7,6 at 21Celcius.
Then the nutes lowered it back down to 6,9 and my runoff was 5,7. (up from 4,9 last time)
20Liters in a 56L pot give about 20% runoff, next watering I hope to see a even higher number on the runoff:) (but then using PH+)

Ill get the EC calibration Liquid tomorrow, next watering ill get some idea of the PPM/EC :)

Baking Soda;
oetker.png

Nope, I dont got it and I dont get it at all :hmmmm:
19,5-20C in my lung room
280 m³/h intake fan
552 m³/h extract fan
All running on max without filters or bends on anything and still the temp rise to 27,8ish at the canopy and 23C at the root level!! The entire tent is too warm!

Whats the h... is going on? ive connected the extract to my reflector that I run open. I could try moving the extract to the top of the tent, but then I need either a fan blowing at the reflector or a small extract pulling air from it and pulling directly from the reflector should be where most of the hot air is anyway? My fans are allready oversized to both the lights and the tent, 20C is cool for a lungroom and this shouldent be a problem! Any Ideas?

Well 27.8 isnt too bad.. what's that like 82 Faranheit. But, you shouldnt be having to run everything full blast just to get that. Hm, so the room your grow is in has an ambient temp of 19-20c ? Maybe you could open a few of the tents vents too? Bring in air passively as well as actively. Lol

Turns out that baking soda is some powerful stuff! 1tbs pr.20L will raise the PH from 6 to 7,6 at 21Celcius.
Then the nutes lowered it back down to 6,9 and my runoff was 5,7. (up from 4,9 last time)
20Liters in a 56L pot give about 20% runoff, next watering I hope to see a even higher number on the runoff:) (but then using PH+)

Ill get the EC calibration Liquid tomorrow, next watering ill get some idea of the PPM/EC :)

Baking Soda;
oetker.png

Wow yeah I think your PH up will work better than baking soda. Do you use tap water?

Back
Top Bottom