Budfarmer's Very First Grow! Bruce Banner, Mars 300W LED, Soil

Budfarmer08

Hello all! This will be the adventure of my very first grow! I've been having alot of fun growing my first garden this past year with alot of success and would like to make an attempt at growing one of my most favorite plants!

I'll be growing indoors as winter is around the corner and I'd like to have more control over the grow. I'm trying to keep it budget friendly but having a little OCD I'm sure I will end up going over board. Haha. If anyone has any input I'm always looking forward to hearing from experienced growers! Would love for my first plant to be a success!

My grow specs as followed

Strain - Bruce Banner (received from a friend who had spares)

Tent - 2x4x5

Light - Mars Hydro 300w LED

Soil - Fox farms ocean forest

Nutrients - GH Flora Nova grow and bloom

Pots - 3 gallon frabric pots

From what I've researched the FFOF should provide me with a couple weeks of nutrients before I need to start supplementing. I decided on the flora nova as I figured only two nutrients would be easy to follow for a beginner. I plan on starting with 25% of the recommended dosage and then going from there.

The rest of my stuff should be here this weekend including a PH guage so I can test my tap water and my ppm guage as well. I'll update my progress weekly with pictures as we go on!

I started the germination of my seeds by soaking in water over night. After I proceeded to a paper towel method on a paper plate covered. This technique worked perfect as in a 24 hour time my little girls (Hopefully) are ready to go!

Side note - incase someone says something. I would have preferred unprinted paper towel but that was all the wife had stocked!
96e769bf921541d382cfa50815dffa22.jpg

And here's after the transplant! Can't wait to see then sprout through. Then under the light they go.

2ac203ba85bc85810de4cc2d07589657.jpg

I also included a photo of my tent setup. Once the plants are in there I will adjust the proper height for my light.
759ed13d5da8db447a794d059e378444.jpg

Nothing to exciting but a new toy showed up today! My Wi-Fi surge protector! I had old school push timers but my wife seemed to misplace them. After looking at this I decided to get one since the ease of setting the cycles on my phone. I can also program each of the 4 sockets separately so I get 4 individually timed sockets (fans, lights, etc)

And thanks for following along guys! I hope to get lots of feedback from everyone to help improve my grow!
6a9f382b3afcfc02c58c7723296d22b7.jpg

Nothing to exciting but a new toy showed up today! My Wi-Fi surge protector! I had old school push timers but my wife seemed to misplace them. After looking at this I decided to get one since the ease of setting the cycles on my phone. I can also program each of the 4 sockets separately so I get 4 individually timed sockets (fans, lights, etc)

And thanks for following along guys! I hope to get lots of feedback from everyone to help improve my grow!
6a9f382b3afcfc02c58c7723296d22b7.jpg
Neat little toy, I might look into getting one. Lol

Neat little toy, I might look into getting one. Lol
Seems to work great so far. Was very easy to setup. Have it running right now to test on the temp and humidity of the tent before the seedlings break through. Was $29 on amazon. Here's a link to the one I got.
WiFi Smart Power Strip Socket with Alexa, Weton Multi-Plug Timer Switch Power Strip Outlet Surge Protector with 4 AC Outlets 4 USB Port Remote Control Via Free App for IOS/Android Smart Phone/Tablets

1666382051651.png

Awesome set up man! Love that power bar too .

Wishing you luck in the mars cup, I will be here following along!

Update 11/5

Got my first seedling sprouted up. Decided to put them under the lights. Lights are spaced at a little more then 18 inches.
1f7f078fba5f76c08dde45bbd17e9fe6.jpg

13adc3dbe4e1357c54a4ed971e0908bf.jpg

Got some more supplies in including another temp guage so I can check the temp without opening the tent. I have one next to the plant at the floor level and one up top to measure canopy temperatures.
e175e01f5b87a02c0f46d2c077aba766.jpg

Also got my nutrients in
46eb625f8ae9f7a04af9dea19f545e50.jpg

Along with my thermostat for my heating mat
efb1b4a8ed3cc39c2ccaf64e97ef3285.jpg

And my PH guage and TDS guage
d14faae185192f57f6b805a30ddb8163.jpg

And some beakers for proper measurements and tracking
09fd0e9fda9e0b119be0872762e91947.jpg

Aww yea! Lots of good stuff there! :3 set up for success!

Only valuable thing I can say, and a lot of others will say at the start is keep it simple, don't overthink, and don't be shy to ask for input on anything your not sure of!

I'm super new myself, but I'm happy to help in any way I can :3

^^^Still learning to take that advice myself XD but definitely a good tip, especially when they are young!

Back
Top Bottom