'Twas The Night Before 4/20 - Justin's Journal

JustinHemp420

Welcome all,

This will be my second grow with some really great genetics so....

420-magazine-mobile638993117.jpg

What we have are GG from Gorilla seeds, this is believed to be such a great plant I have 3 clones sponsored to me by Pat999.
I have Dynafem Strawberry Amnesia.
I joining with another clone of the DC and Vanilla making a total of 6 plants.

The grow box now has well over 300 watts of light for sound 2 so I'm hoping for around 250g.
We still have the 3 Cree Cobs, along with the small Sanlights, I have now added 2 x 60 watt Quantum boards and 2 x 20 watt boards, one with Cree photo red diodes and another with far red which will be used especially in flower to cut down the flowering period by a week or 2.

420-magazine-mobile1845654028.jpg

Here are all the ladies. The middle row and 2 top right are keepers and I'm giving the others away to some fellow growers.

Thanks for the visit, let's make this one to remember ✌

Nice, which Cree photo red diodes are you running and any specific reason why?
Plants are green because of a green pigment called chlorophyll. This pigment absorbs red light the best, and converts the light into energy that it uses for metabolism. As you likely know, this pigment allows plants to use light as a form of energy, as a part of a process called photosynthesis.
Smart hey...copy and paste lol.
So yeah basically the cree which run at 660nm will aid that.

The Far red :

For some plants, far-red light promotes flowering. When the natural days are short, low-intensity (photoperiodic) lighting is often delivered to promote flowering of long-day plants. For some long-day plants, flowering is accelerated most when photoperiodic lighting includes both red and far-red radiation. Therefore, lamps that emit red and far-red radiation are advised, especially when crops are grown under light-limiting conditions (when the daily light integral is

Plants are green because of a green pigment called chlorophyll. This pigment absorbs red light the best, and converts the light into energy that it uses for metabolism. As you likely know, this pigment allows plants to use light as a form of energy, as a part of a process called photosynthesis.
Smart hey...copy and paste lol.
So yeah basically the cree which run at 660nm will aid that.

The Far red :

For some plants, far-red light promotes flowering. When the natural days are short, low-intensity (photoperiodic) lighting is often delivered to promote flowering of long-day plants. For some long-day plants, flowering is accelerated most when photoperiodic lighting includes both red and far-red radiation. Therefore, lamps that emit red and far-red radiation are advised, especially when crops are grown under light-limiting conditions (when the daily light integral is

Yeah I'm running some of the far red for sleep initiation too. Was wondering about the other reds as the cobs are suppose to provide all the reds you need.

It's all just supplementary lighting, will hopefully boost things just a little.

Yeah I have 4 of those 5v crees myself, bought them by mistake instead of the far reds. Might string them up sometime and see if it makes any difference to the grow. Did watch a clip where that Growmau5 guy said that they dont really add much if you're running cobs and quantums. Also crazy how little time you need to run the far reds to tell the plants it's nap-nap time

Yeah I have 4 of those 5v crees myself, bought them by mistake instead of the far reds. Might string them up sometime and see if it makes any difference to the grow. Did watch a clip where that Growmau5 guy said that they dont really add much if you're running cobs and quantums. Also crazy how little time you need to run the far reds to tell the plants it's nap-nap time
Yes it is quite amazing, and you know what...I did the same thing and bought the wrong red initially hahaha.
The far reds will last a lifetime and the time period to be used so that's a good thing.

Thanks for subbing up bud. Hey BTW Pat999 says hello. In fact could you please pass it on to the rest of the mad crew as he would say.

Yes he is missed that witty guy .

Will do

Did a bit of training and decided to take a pic of only the 6 that will ride the distance, should we get to cross the line again.
420-magazine-mobile1331087547.jpg

My main concern ahead is temperatures as we are heading into the summer months and there is no space for a aircon in this box.

We'll see what happens as time goes on. I will be running the lights overnight again from 6pm to 12pm. Think I may even try painting the roof with that special paint to keeps the heat out lol.

Back
Top Bottom