First 2 Babies

HappiestHigh

G'day all thanks for any feedback im new to growing and this forum,
I started my first 2 kids soaked in water and then paper towels till the roots popped out, they have been in soil under t5 lights from the 29th of September.
Last week having saved the money since i was confident they were actually growing i bought a mars hydro cree 2 128 and a mars hydro 100x100x180 tent, so they have been sitting 18" under the LED since the 5th November and they are loving life.

Some questions if you dont mind, (answer none or answer 1 or all honestly dont want to be annoying just want to share my babies and maybe get some tips would be a bonus)
llittle white hairs are popping out from up top does this mean that they are flowering?
Would it be too soon to flick the bloom light switch on my LED?
I imported the seeds from attitude seed bank, their website read "60 days flowering" does this mean they start flowering in 60 days or they have completed flowering in 60days?
Is it true seedling and vegging under t5 lights creates more nodes/buds or would it be better off just growing under my LED? was thinking about rotating 2 and 2 in veg and bloom, here in australia you only get a slap on the wrist if you have no criminal record and under 5 plants so i want as much yields as possible with up to 4 plants growing at a time.

G'day all thanks for any feedback im new to growing and this forum,
I started my first 2 kids soaked in water and then paper towels till the roots popped out, they have been in soil under t5 lights from the 29th of September.
Last week having saved the money since i was confident they were actually growing i bought a mars hydro cree 2 128 and a mars hydro 100x100x180 tent, so they have been sitting 18" under the LED since the 5th November and they are loving life.

Some questions if you dont mind, (answer none or answer 1 or all honestly dont want to be annoying just want to share my babies and maybe get some tips would be a bonus)
llittle white hairs are popping out from up top does this mean that they are flowering?
Would it be too soon to flick the bloom light switch on my LED?
I imported the seeds from attitude seed bank, their website read "60 days flowering" does this mean they start flowering in 60 days or they have completed flowering in 60days?
Is it true seedling and vegging under t5 lights creates more nodes/buds or would it be better off just growing under my LED? was thinking about rotating 2 and 2 in veg and bloom, here in australia you only get a slap on the wrist if you have no criminal record and under 5 plants so i want as much yields as possible with up to 4 plants growing at a time.
White hairs means female plant starting to flower, yes.

What light schedule are you on? If it's flowering I assume you've flipped to 12/12? In which case yeah, flick in ya bloom.

60 days flower means if grown in optimal conditions, you can potentially harvest in 60 days. Don't believe it though. I guarantee it will take longer. You are better off deciding to flip when they look ready, same goes for harvesting.

Never used T5s so can't address the last question. Hope anything I said helped at all. Good luck mate, and don't be shy to post a couple of pics so you get more feedback and help

Thanks for the reply, I take it they are ready now since white hairs indicate flowering, i took your advise and am starting the 12/12 cycle with the bloom switch on, the leaves are drooping already 5 hours past the time they normally wake up will update.

here they are:

full_shot3.jpg

closeup72.jpg

Hey nice work mate they look healthy and happy

And what's down in those 2 small pots? Just be careful they don't live too long under 12/12 or they'll go straight into flower once mature enough
how long should they live for 12/12 roughly? whats too long? the 2 little pots are basil :D

how long should they live for 12/12 roughly? whats too long? the 2 little pots are basil :D
Haha no worries then. Was just worried you were starting some more maj under 12/12. Those girls will stay on this light cycle until buds are mature enough for you to harvest. It'll be up to your judgement on when that is. If you can get one, a loupé or microscope will help you check the buds trichomes for colour changes. They'll be clear initially, then cloudy, and finally amber in colour. Most people wait for amber/cloudy combination but again, your opinion will be the deciding factor.

barney's farm critical kush, yes autoflower, premium potting mix with little to no bark i chose one that didn't have too many chemical sounding things like wetting agents and added manure ect as i wanted to start them in the pots they would finish, i read transplanting autoflowers is no good.
Nutes Ive been mixing a bit of neem oil (fungas nat problem) and liquid seaweed in with my water and checking ph since the transition to veg they seem to love seaweed, after a week or so into veg ive been using general hydroponics 3 part solution every other feed.

I read deep pots do the best and 5 gallon was standard so i got a 20.7 litre deep pot its some sort of plastic nice and light.

I would suggest a 20/4 light schedule for Auto flowers. They're not dependent on a 12/12 so you can leave them on 20/4 they're full life cycle.

I'm currently pushing my 60day autos an extra week. Since they automatically flower veg time is important. You don't want to stunt them as it could affect your yield. Auto flowers don't like to be transplanted starting in the final pot is preferred.

Looking good and nice setup as well. I have 2- Marsll 1200 and my plants love them. I m currently on my second grow. I grew auto flowers on my first grow and had a wonderful yield. If I was you I would run both veg and bloom switches the whole grow, it gives them a broader spectrum and they grow faster. I was gonna just use the veg switch in mine till I got some advice from a few veteran growers on here and they told me to run both switches. I am growing some photos now and if you ever want to drop by and take a look you are more than welcome. Best of luck to you.✌️

thanks again for all the help, you mean run bloom and grow switches on from seedling? or when they are atleast transitioning to veg? mars hydro told me 12/12 maybe the cree 2 128 is too much power? I dunno anyway i went with you guys advice and went back to 20/4 light schedule they seem to be doing well plus im in a rush to start my personal stash :D

thanks again for all the help, you mean run bloom and grow switches on from seedling? or when they are atleast transitioning to veg? mars hydro told me 12/12 maybe the cree 2 128 is too much power? I dunno anyway i went with you guys advice and went back to 20/4 light schedule they seem to be doing well plus im in a rush to start my personal stash :D
If they are auto flowers 20/4 the whole grow is where you want to be. Some people even go 24 hours, I did in the last week to keep the temps in a stable range.

Photoperiods 18/6 for veg, 12/12 for flower.

Yes run both switches grow and bloom. For full spectrum

Just an update these 2 plants are now about 70 days from seedlings and still havnt flowered, I changed to 12/12 and it's actually done more flowering the past 2 days then it did for weeks on 20/4 so I'm gonna leave it on 12/12 for now, lots of white pistols coming out, some autos get whacky genetics I guess, gonna try growing a couple photo's next. Do you guys think they will be ok? Looks like it's flowering now?

1.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Re posting picture on my phone :/
4c358f83a2bf3139b25277f59296b9a5.jpg
I've seen a few grows were people had trouble with autos flowering like their suppose to. Seen one guy switch to 12/12 and they started flowering so he left it there. I seen another we're they switched to 12/12 and the auto started flower but he changed back to 18/6 after two or three weeks and his plants finished out nicely.
I'm not sure what I would do, if you switch to 12/12 and it starts flower and switch back after so long what if it tries to reveg. Thats really a call you will have to make, good luck.✌️

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:
Here is an update, they are defiantly photo, they even changed the seeds description from "auto feminized" to "photo reg" on the seed bank, genetics must have changed or somthin.

They are loving 12/12 have really taken off growing and flowering the past few weeks as you can see, they are Critical Kush by barney's seeds, i bought off attitude seedbank, really excited my first plants are flowing and covered in white trichomes leaves and buds, strong beautiful citrus smell coming off them.

4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom