Happy House - First Autoflower Medical Grow - Indoor

HappyHouse

:welcome: This has been a journey for me and my family to this point! I'm going to give a little background first so that everyone has a feeling for what we are trying to accomplish and then give the information and pictures that everyone really wants! We are beginning to grow because my son has very severe adult ADHD, his fiance has borderline personality disorder and I have hip issues and sleeping issues. My son and his fiance smoked cannabis at first to help them get through a day without having a panic attack every hour. I began having severe issues with my hip (had a replacement a year ago) and cannabis is what kept me walking. Although, I have never been against cannabis, I never truly understood how much it can help a person. Now I am a huge fan of this plant and have become an activist. However, I found that the quality of what we could get on the street (medical marijuana is legal here but the regulations haven't been ironed out for 2 years so no stores yet) was always inconsistent and you never knew what strain you were going to get. So I decided that we were going to grow so that we can have a consistent supply of (hopefully) high quality bud of the specific strains that help us. Now the backstory is out of the way - on to the good stuff!

Strains - 2 plants each of Blueberry, Amnesia Haze and Northern Lights (seeds from 420)
Indica, Sativa or Hybrid - Blueberry is 85% indica, amnesia haze is 50/50, northern lights is 80% indica
Stage - All are currently in veg stage. We dropped the seeds on 10/31 and planted on 11/2
Indoor or outdoor - indoor in a 4x4x6 room
Medium - Coco with perlite in 5 gallon pots
Light - 2 450 Watt LED lights
Aircooled - yes - a small fan for circulating air and a larger fan for venting
[/B]Temp of Room/cab - 67.8 to 72.5 fahrenheit
RH of Room/cab - 41 - 45 percent
PH of media or res - 6.4 - 6.7
Any Pests - no
How often are you watering - was every 3 days, but upping it to every day as it is coco
Type and strength of ferts used - Every other watering - General Hydroponics Flora micro (1.5 ml per gallon), flora grow (1 ml per) and flora blossom (1 ml per). Also putting in 5 ml of calimagic every time.

Hubby (left-brain we'll call him, because he is so much more logical than I am :laughtwo:) went on vacation to
Disney for a while and just got back last night. My son and his fiance were the two in charge of the babies and they sent us daily updates. We had one Amnesia Haze not germinate so we just dropped another seed today. I felt like a couple of the plants were stretching so I put a box under them and the smaller babies to get them closer to the light. I also felt that a couple were showing slight signs of the tips curling up which I think is a calcium deficiency. I think that happened because they weren't getting watered enough. As I understand, you can't really overwater in coco so I am going to water every day maybe (we'll see what happens today). I gave them all a good drink last night at 12:30 am with no nutes but calimagic and I think they all look happier. Left-brain is taking pics now, so I will post them in a little bit (once he gets done making them all look as perfect as he wants :geek:)

A lot of hopes and dreams rest on these little babies so I will GREATLY appreciate any and all advice and help anyone can give.

Thank you soo much for reading and hopefully joining my thread!

Subbed! I'll be following along for your journey. I'm only on my 3rd grow so I won't be as much help as the other cannamasters that dwell on this forum. How was getting seeds from 420? I was going to use them but read some poor reviews.

Subbed! I'll be following along for your journey. I'm only on my 3rd grow so I won't be as much help as the other cannamasters that dwell on this forum. How was getting seeds from 420? I was going to use them but read some poor reviews.

Thanks for joining! As this is my first grow, you know more than me. Happy to have your knowledge! I had no issues. They came in about 7 days. And out of the six o used out of fifteen I purchased, one didn't germinate. I just submitted an inquiry about it to see if they will send a replacement. I will let you know what happens. .

Here are the week two pics:

Thumbalina.jpg

Thumbalina is a Northern Lights. She is a pretty fairy princess.

Misty11.jpg

Play Misty for me (anyone know the movie?). This little pretty princess is a Blueberry.

Claire.jpg

This is Claire. She is an Amnesia Haze.

Beuhla.jpg

This is Beuhla! She came out of the gates running! She is a Northern Lights.

And Finally -

Thomasina.jpg

Little Thomasina - the little plant that could. She had trouble getting out of her shell, so daddy helped her a little when we came back from vacation. We did that at about 12:30 AM last night and by 2:30 PM today she looked better.

Here is the grow room:

IMG_454110.JPG

IMG_454012.JPG

The only plant that we didn't move closer to the light with a box is Beuhla because she seems to be happy where she is.

Thanks! :thanks:

Your setup looks sweet and the girls look like they are off to a fast start.

If you don't already have them a couple items that you will need are a PH Meter and TDS Meter. They run about $15 each and are easily available on Amazon.

Also since your growing in Coco make sure you have some Cal-Mag available. CoCo is know to need cal-mag added.

What type of Nutrients have you chosen?

While I'm not an expert I really am addicted to growing and unfortunately due to a long vacation coming up I will not be able to get my next grow going until January. I will be getting my grow fix by watching you produce a bumper crop.

:cheer:

I just dropped in to say a big 'HELLO' !! I think you will love growing. Its given me a huge lease of life, my Wife doesn't know what I am up to - she has a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy on my Cannabis use but she has noticed I am more motivated and definetly happier than I have been in years (I have PTSD and the host of joyful issues that brings along - depression, anger, anxiety and more ! I also have a wrecked knee - hence the name - which has been rebuilt, badly, 3 times, resulting in nerve damage, hip issues - oh I could go on, but you get the picture ) and I haven't even got to harvest yet. I have learnt so much here on this Forum, and I am more than happy to share what I have learnt. Its what makes this place so good, everyone passes on their knowledge freely, we only want you to succeed. Coco is a wonderful medium for a beginner, simply because you can't really over water - what I read to be thee single most common rookie mistake, so I chose Coco. Nutrients are really important, as Troy mentioned, grab yourself a TDS pen and a PH pen, they will become your best friend ! I religiously check my Total Disolved Solids (how much nutrient is in your water) and Ph (that is best about 5.6 - 6 for Coco) and I am sure its been a huge part of my success so far. Another tip - don't overthink it - there are folk here who are getting monster yields with crazy science, leave that for when you have a few grows under your belt, walk before you can run !
I didn't catch if your plants are Autos or Photos, light cycle for Autos can make a huge difference.
I think what you're doing for your kid and his fiance is excellent, I will lurk about and chip in with anything I think will help, daft stories and the like. Ask any questions you want, there is no such thing as a stupid question - you can bet if you want to know, others will too.
Stay frosty and enjoy your grow.

Your setup looks sweet and the girls look like they are off to a fast start.

If you don't already have them a couple items that you will need are a PH Meter and TDS Meter. They run about $15 each and are easily available on Amazon.

Also since your growing in Coco make sure you have some Cal-Mag available. CoCo is know to need cal-mag added.

What type of Nutrients have you chosen?

While I'm not an expert I really am addicted to growing and unfortunately due to a long vacation coming up I will not be able to get my next grow going until January. I will be getting my grow fix by watching you produce a bumper crop.

:cheer:

We are using calimagic and have a PH Meter. What is a TDS meter and what do I do with it? We are using the general hydroponics micro, flora and bloom on the schedule that is listed on growweedeasy. I haven't had a bit of interest in growing anything until I decided to grow cannabis. I guess it is all a matter of what the plant means to you! I can tell it will become an obsession. I welcome any insight you can provide!

420-magazine-mobile1985993340.jpg
420-magazine-mobile699414035.jpg

TDS = Total Disloved Solids, its a way of measuring how much is disolved in the water you put on your plants. It is the single best way to stop 'nutrient burn' (brown bits on leaves, in the worst cases it will kill your plants, especially seedlings !) and 'lock out' (where your plants stop getting nutrients) its an easy to read tool and its a simple way to get a good grow.

I just dropped in to say a big 'HELLO' !! I think you will love growing. Its given me a huge lease of life, my Wife doesn't know what I am up to - she has a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy on my Cannabis use but she has noticed I am more motivated and definetly happier than I have been in years (I have PTSD and the host of joyful issues that brings along - depression, anger, anxiety and more ! I also have a wrecked knee - hence the name - which has been rebuilt, badly, 3 times, resulting in nerve damage, hip issues - oh I could go on, but you get the picture ) and I haven't even got to harvest yet. I have learnt so much here on this Forum, and I am more than happy to share what I have learnt. Its what makes this place so good, everyone passes on their knowledge freely, we only want you to succeed. Coco is a wonderful medium for a beginner, simply because you can't really over water - what I read to be thee single most common rookie mistake, so I chose Coco. Nutrients are really important, as Troy mentioned, grab yourself a TDS pen and a PH pen, they will become your best friend ! I religiously check my Total Disolved Solids (how much nutrient is in your water) and Ph (that is best about 5.6 - 6 for Coco) and I am sure its been a huge part of my success so far. Another tip - don't overthink it - there are folk here who are getting monster yields with crazy science, leave that for when you have a few grows under your belt, walk before you can run !
I didn't catch if your plants are Autos or Photos, light cycle for Autos can make a huge difference.
I think what you're doing for your kid and his fiance is excellent, I will lurk about and chip in with anything I think will help, daft stories and the like. Ask any questions you want, there is no such thing as a stupid question - you can bet if you want to know, others will too.
Stay frosty and enjoy your grow.

Oh my gosh! Completely forgot to mention that they are autos! That's an important part of the info. Doh! :icon_roll

I have no plans on trying crazy science - I'm just trying to get the set-up as thinking free as I can so we don't screw it up! I think I've been PHing a little high if 5.6 - 6.0 is good. I've been about 6.4 - 6.7.

This is such a supportive group, that it is great. Its nice to be able to freely talk about something that is critical to my families health with people who have knowledge about it. I love this group and am sure I will have plenty of dumb questions. My main goal is going to be to keep my husband and son from over-thinking, but by the end of the journey, I'm hoping that we all have learned a bit including patience!

The girls have already helped in that area! While they are working on their root zone, they aren't exploding on top. This made my son make a realization that you don't have to show improvement on the outside as long as inside you are growing and healing yourself. If you are healthy inside (mentally in his case), then you will be showing differences on the outside. Its amazing how the girls are helping us before they have even produced anything!

420-magazine-mobile1985993340.jpg
420-magazine-mobile699414035.jpg

TDS = Total Disloved Solids, its a way of measuring how much is disolved in the water you put on your plants. It is the single best way to stop 'nutrient burn' (brown bits on leaves, in the worst cases it will kill your plants, especially seedlings !) and 'lock out' (where your plants stop getting nutrients) its an easy to read tool and its a simple way to get a good grow.

Thanks! I'll be sure to get one quickly!

Patience is not my virtue for sure ! I want to get my plants NOW - but nature can't be rushed. What I have learnt is an extra week or two makes all the difference. You can cut your plants early, but you will have pretty average weed, a couple of extra weeks is definetly worth it. Also, don't take what the seed producers claim of how fast they finish as gospel, treat those claims like the MPG claims car manufacturers make, almost impossible to replicate

Patience is not my virtue for sure ! I want to get my plants NOW - but nature can't be rushed. What I have learnt is an extra week or two makes all the difference. You can cut your plants early, but you will have pretty average weed, a couple of extra weeks is definetly worth it. Also, don't take what the seed producers claim of how fast they finish as gospel, treat those claims like the MPG claims car manufacturers make, almost impossible to replicate .

I've heard that it usually takes a bit longer than what is published. I'm learning and teaching everyone to "listen to the plants". Which is why we didn't move Beuhla up higher. I plan on basing the decision on of the plants are ready on the trics. Hopefully, I can figure out how to take up close pics (hubby really will do this) so I can get helpful judgement calls at that point. We are excited to see the little girls grow up! ..

WoundedKnee that you pasted gave a really good explanation of TDS. The meter simply measures the dissolved solids (minerals) in you water and nute mix. In many journals you will read to start at a specific level and increase to a certain level. They are referring to the TDS level.

It helps by measuring your nutrition mix prior to putting it on the plant to make sure you don't burn the plant or the roots. It also helps to know in advance how hard your water is which is an indication of nutrients like calcium and magnesium.

WoundedKnee that you pasted gave a really good explanation of TDS. The meter simply measures the dissolved solids (minerals) in you water and nute mix. In many journals you will read to start at a specific level and increase to a certain level. They are referring to the TDS level.

It helps by measuring your nutrition mix prior to putting it on the plant to make sure you don't burn the plant or the roots. It also helps to know in advance how hard your water is which is an indication of nutrients like calcium and magnesium.

I will make sure to get one! I appreciate you letting me know!

So newb question - I have my led lights on veg right now. For autos, should I have both veg and bloom lights on since autos aren’t photo sensitive?

I did the same thing with my photo grow and was later advised to turn them both on and give them full spectrum, unless heat is a problem. I also ended up buying a second light in the same tent and ran them both at full spectrum.

I flipped them to both on and the plants really responded positively. If the future I plan on using full spectrum for the complete grow.

Back
Top Bottom