DesertStoner's Coco LED Grow

DesertStoner9

Hello everyone! Been following along for a year now and this community has been one of the greatest I've been part of. So much energy and advice here. Now that I've learned a bit more and have had some grows under my belt, both photos and autos, hope you all will help me improve. Now lets get to the important stuff:

Setup:
2'x2'x4' veg tent
18/6 schedule
4 23 watt "cool" cfls
2 40s watt "cool" cfls
2 static fans
5 watt LED light for seedlings
1 pc fan as exhaust

2'x4'x5' flowering tent
6" exhaust up the attic and out of the house (no carbon filter)
12/12 schedule
2 23 watt "warm" cfls
4 40s watt "warm" cfls
"300" (actual 100s) watt Roleadro LED light; I know, I need more light. Soon hopefully.

Nutrients for all include the GH Floratrio with liquid koolbloom and unsulfured molasses during flower. The Double black is the first plant to get the additives so we'll see how they turn out. GH calmag and PH up and down with drops.

Medium: rehydrated coco from pet store with miracle gro perlite; 70-30 mix

Strains:
Double Black - flowering; just had first flushing, hope to chop by the end of the week.
3 gallon pot

Purple Afghan Kush - Veg - Sprouted 10/8/17; so that puts it at Week 6?
5 gallon fabric pot (first time using these)

Solo cups are the two newly planted seeds. They were set in their cups yesterday (11/19) and hope to welcome the new ladies by the end of the week. The strains are Strawberry Glue and Sugar Black Rose (Fast Version F1)

So let's get this show rolling! Thanks for stopping by and say hi!

420-magazine-mobile471162126.jpg

420-magazine-mobile283261707.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1134758370.jpg

Older pic
420-magazine-mobile981396622.jpg

And my other hobbies since starting to grow, although I find this one a little tougher albeit much quicker than growing plants.
420-magazine-mobile611794970.jpg

420-magazine-mobile677272838.jpg

What up D?! It's good to see your new journal man. Your plants are looking great and the shrooms are pretty cool too. I'm subbed and ready to see you grow a monster in that 5 gallon pot. You'll love the pot, they really help bring a lot of oxygen to the roots. Well, I'm subbed and excited for ya. Happy growing brotha!

Thanks man I appreciate it. Hope so, I accidentally super cropped the Afghani by dropping the solo cup while it was still a tiny seedling. Completely broke in half and was at a 90 degree angle! Repotted it (coco was dry and falling apart, practically moved it by the roots) up past the break and looks like it took really well. Almost had a panic attack when it happened lol

I was pretty scared to super crop but we'll see tonight how mine is taking it. It's a good thing these plants are resilient lol.

And we have broken ground on the sugar black rose! Going to give them a small amount of water as the cup is light and see how it does.
420-magazine-mobile402436757.jpg

The strawberry glue lags behind, I did see the taproot come out when I placed them in the cup so I'm not worried.

The afg kush is growing strong! Very bushy strain with side shoots that brought themselves out without LST at the beginning. Ive been slowly removing leaves here and there to open up the ventilation and light penetration.
420-magazine-mobile1911723941.jpg

I've topped this plant twice trying to level out the canopy by slowing down the center. For shits and giggles, super cropped the between the first and second toppings to open the center and see how it affects the growth. Essentially, I've leveled out the 4 new colas to the rest of the plant. We'll see how well this works .

420-magazine-mobile82697231.jpg

420-magazine-mobile661652675.jpg

The double black is still retaining a bit of water so I'll do another flush tomorrow. The yellowing is really working itself up. Can't wait to chop this down as I'm starting to run a little low on supply.

420-magazine-mobile478497372.jpg

420-magazine-mobile975035218.jpg

It smells so sweet in this tent.. Yum
420-magazine-mobile571904311.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1635107040.jpg

I was pretty scared to super crop but we'll see tonight how mine is taking it. It's a good thing these plants are resilient lol.
Thankfully our medicine grows like a weed haha. Most of mine have been on the verge of dying at some point so I'm glad I've still managed ti get good results somehow.

That double black looks delicious. Well done keeping all the colas level with each other and congrats on the new baby. How long do you plan on vegging the Afghan?

Probably another 3 weeks to a month. We'll see how patient I am. Not sure how big I can get a plant at 5 gallon without making it too big that light isn't penetrating enough inside. Only have that LED panel with CFLs. Don't have the funds yet for another one and can't find a used one for sale.

Just got home and headed straight to the tents to see how they're doing. See for yourself!
420-magazine-mobile1596551323.jpg

The afghan took really well to the supercrop and is already facing up towards the light. Went ahead and opened up the branches in the center again for ventilation.
420-magazine-mobile912695527.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1238070923.jpg

Had a small gap and have Rose in there to share some of the cfls and leave the LED for the strawberry glue that's still in its seed.

420-magazine-mobile1972648749.jpg

420-magazine-mobile870872642.jpg

Resisting every urge to mess with it but I know I'll regret it. Will let it run its course and hopefully it pops off on its own?

Just got home and headed straight to the tents to see how they're doing. See for yourself!
420-magazine-mobile1596551323.jpg

The afghan took really well to the supercrop and is already facing up towards the light. Went ahead and opened up the branches in the center again for ventilation.
420-magazine-mobile912695527.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1238070923.jpg

Had a small gap and have Rose in there to share some of the cfls and leave the LED for the strawberry glue that's still in its seed.

420-magazine-mobile1972648749.jpg

420-magazine-mobile870872642.jpg

Resisting every urge to mess with it but I know I'll regret it. Will let it run its course and hopefully it pops off on its own?

Right or wrong we helped ours out of its shell. She is growing now but I don't know if she will be stunted or not.

Hey guys sorry got a little hectic here but I'm back. Will post some updated pics tomorrow evening as I got an early one tomorrow.

420-magazine-mobile1748474656.jpg

420-magazine-mobile693005344.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2059628467.jpg

I've thought about growing shrooms but not sure how. I'll have to look into it. Yours look delicious. Would you consider it extremely hard to do?
It's tedious in the sanitatizing part but not hard at all. First was a success, second I was being lazy and got mold unfortunately. I find marijuana tougher to work with.

Ill come along for the ride if you dont mind! :):) Those buds look amazing and the plants look happy! Im also curious about the shrooms. Is it hard? Ill have to get to googling lol. Happy growing! whoop whoop!
Welcome aboard! Sorry for the delay, been prepping to go back to school and the upcoming holidays. Not difficult just tedious but it's worth it for the experience without a doubt. 1 gram had me blasted more than I've had on other shrooms lol.

Ok so much stuff going on, ugh! Getting chilly down south finally, hope I can take advantage of this cooler weather to enjoy.

Of to the updates:
The Double Black has been harvested and man oh man is it good! Harvest was just a hair short of 3 oz. Has a piney sweet smell and after a week cure, the smoke has been smooth.

420-magazine-mobile1986100327.jpg

Just had another taste and it's so good!

Next up is the purple afghan kush, she has been growing real bushy. I've been abusing her and she hasn't flinched, glad she made it through that super crop at the beginning! She gets the big tent all by herself too.
420-magazine-mobile42960994.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1775580800.jpg

Also added some extra lighting and take out those cfls from there. Saw a YouTube video that bulbs can be found for $1 at dollar tree... So off I went! Exposing the LEDs and adding a 7-way splitter gave me a nice looking LED light.
420-magazine-mobile1958479307.jpg

420-magazine-mobile534074035.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1471598774.jpg

In the veg tent we have the strawberry glue and sugar black rose. I've gone ahead and transplanted them to 5 gallon cloth pots and to my surprise, managed to fit them in the 2x2 tent. Woo!

Also have my water catcher below. Cookie rack is what's holding it up with some CD cases stacked underneath to the back to angle the water towards me.

Strawberry glue - had the seed stuck, had to manually pull it off since it wasn't falling. Horrible feeling! Way too much tension lol

420-magazine-mobile1171755754.jpg

Sugar black rose
420-magazine-mobile1462272253.jpg

Veg tent:
420-magazine-mobile49578242.jpg

420-magazine-mobile41228879.jpg

Its a much cleaner look and less heat for sure.

Back
Top Bottom