Zoopsie's Organic Soil Auto & Photo 2017 First Grow

Zoopsie

Hola to everyone in the 420 community! I'm Zoopsie and this is my first indoor grow! I can't wait to get this proverbial ball rolling and to follow it through to the end along with all of you as spectators and advice givers. :woohoo: this is SO exciting. So, to start off, here are the specs:

Tent size? 2 Apollo 5x5s with 745cfm 10" air intake and exhaust (filtered) fans
What strain is it? White Train Auto, Critical Ogre Auto, Bubba Kush Auto, Sra. Amparo Photo, Blueberry Photo, Amnesia Kush Photo, White Widow Photo and CBD Amnesia Photo
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? All of the above
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Beginning vegetation
If in Veg... For how long? 2-3 days, three still under the dirt
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Home brewed peat, worm castings, bat guano, perlite, dolomite lime, kelp meal, local granite dust and Tomato Tone Organic Fertilizer
If soil... What size pot? 3 gallon fabric for the autos and 5 gallon fabric for the photos
Size of light? Veg tent has T5, 2x4, 8 bulb 6500k and flower tent has LED PAR1200
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? Between 27 and 30 C
RH of Room/cab? Around 60
PH of media or res? Media is between 6.5 and 7
Any Pests ? Minuscule iddy biddy white bugs running around the plugs, do not appear to do any harm so far
How often are you watering? When it looks like it needs it
Type and strength of ferts used? Not quite at that stage yet
Nutrients - Not sure I'll need them, but I have the full line of General Organics
# of Plants: 10

I probably won't post but once a day, sometimes every other day depending on life around here. Being retired is such a chore (that gives you an idea of my years on earth). The way I see it, better late than never! Here are some pics of the newborns . Thanks to all and many blessings to you and yours.:circle-of-love:

All of these were planted directly in moist Root Riot cubes which are placed in a neutral soil mix placed in the bottom half of 3 liter plastic coke bottles (used the upper half as domes), without soaking or rooting in towels.

This is the White Widow at 3 days
white_widow_photo_3_days.JPG

Next 2 are White Trains, also at 3 days, both have a weird set of first leaves
white_train_auto_3_days_2_.JPG
white_train_auto_3_days.JPG

The Bubba Autos were/are the strongest of the lot. The first is 3 days old, the second 2.
bubba_kush_auto_3_days.JPG
bubba_kush_auto_2_days.JPG

The Blueberry Photo is a very sweet 3 day old. Me likes it :love:
blueberry_photo_3_days.JPG

And this is the 3 day old Amnesia Og Kush Photo, clearly with something missing!
amnesia_og_kush_photo_3_days.JPG

The CBD Amnesia Photo was planted yesterday, as was the Sra. Amparo Phot and the Critical Ogre Auto on the 19th. They're still snoozin'. Here we go!

re: Zoopsie's Organic Soil Auto & Photo 2017 First Grow

Welcome to 420. Look forward to seeing you take on the indoor journey. The little seedlings are looking good. Make sure you monitor those pests and that they aren't predatory.

Thanks B1989, really happy to be here. Been on the sidelines for a while, was nervous about documenting this grow, but I also know that without advice and nudges here and there, I just might screw things up somewhere along the way. There are so many knowledgeable folks here to help out newbies like me. I'm grateful already.

Thanks so much MrCanada. Yes, those little critters are something that came along for the ride, as part of the peat moss, or castings that I used... who knows. I think they're harmless, but I will for sure monitor closely.

Good evening everyone! I just spent the last 20 minutes writing only to have it disappear when I tried to embed the pics. Sheesh, this isn't my day.
I'm going to put the pics in now and write afterward (note to self for future posts):

This is the 5 day old Bubba Kush Auto

5_day_old_bubba_kush.JPG

This is the 2 day old Bubba

2_day_old_bubba_kush.JPG

This is the 2 day old Critical Ogre Auto

2_day_old_critical_ogre.JPG

agri-bat.JPG

DSC033926.JPG

These 2 things I added to my mix. Maybe I added too much? The recipe calls for 1 cup kelp meal for each cuft, 7.5 gallons of soil. The AgriBat, I just winged it. OOPS. As I said, about 4.5 ml per 5 gallon bucket of tea. Maybe that's too much... it's very concentrated.

As you can see, one has developed yellow cotyledons, one has yellowing tips and one is just fine. I have 9 seedlings at the moment, 5 of which are displaying some form of burn. I read it is most probably a nutrient or water problem. I built what I thought was a "cool" soil using locally harvested coco and hennequen fibers, perlite, worm castings, peat moss, kelp, dolomite lime and moistened it with a worm tea containing molasses and AgriBat juice at the rate of about 5ml per 5 gallon bucket. I have used plain water when watering the seedlings. The soil cooked for about 5 weeks. My plan was to sprout them in it and then put about 5 inches of the same on top of my "hot" soil (been cooking for about 2.5 months) in the fabric pots they will ultimately be transplanted into.
I flushed them yesterday with R/O water from my kitchen in the hopes of maybe rinsing out whatever it is that is causing this. Unfortunately, the grow room is nowhere near the main house and it is logistically impossible for me to run another R/O system close by, large enough to handle the 10 thirsty flowering plants I hope to have.
Also, I need your ideas on something that baffles me... I filled a 50 gal container with well water that has a ph of 8.4, easily fixable, but a very high ppm of 795 straight out of the ground. I then put a bubbler in there and it's been merrily aerating for about a week. I'll be using this water to feed my plants through a drip system I installed in the flowering tent. Here's what's weird, to me, anyway. This evening, I thought I'd check the ppm's again to see if they were still holding steady. To my horror, they rose to 1120! EEK! I checked the meter to make sure it was properly calibrated, and it is. What causes this rise all on its own? I haven't added anything but an airstone.
Anyway, I hope the burning does not worsen. Also, is it typical for one strain to be more sensitive to additives/nutrients than others? I also find it strange that only some of the plants are showing yellowing at the tips and not the others.
Thanks a million, hope everybody's having a great day or evening or night, where ever you may be...
:love::Namaste:

Hola, one and all. I am soooooo depressed. I have no idea what I am doing wrong with these little guys. I don't know where to go with these problems. I have raised the light to 18", I did have it at 12" for a time, it is an 8 bulb T5, 2x4. I have only watered with r/o water, I haven't added any nutrients whatsoever, though the soil could be too hot for them at this stage in their lives, the temps are between 24 and 29C with r/h at 50%. They sprouted 9 or less days ago, some 5 days ago. A few of the older ones are doing just OK, but all are showing signs of yellowing from one degree to another, all the way up to just barely hanging on. All the auto strains were freebies but I have already lost 2 White Trains, 2 Diesel Autos (never sprouted) and 1 Critical Ogre. Not doing so well, huh? Anybody out there that can chime in? :helpsmilie:

This is the White Widow Photo... has new little leaves growing that look ok so far despite everything else going south

White_Widow_Photo_2_.JPG

This is the White Train Auto, barely hanging on

White_Train_Auto.JPG

This is the Critical Ogre

Critical_Ogre_Auto.JPG

CBD Amnesia Photo

CBD_Amnesia_Photo.JPG

Bubba Kush Auto 2

Bubba_Kush_Auto_2.JPG

Bubba Kush Auto 1

Bubba_Kush_Auto_1.JPG

Blueberry Photo

Blueberry_photo.JPG

Amnesia Og Kush Photo, taking her last breath

Amnesia_Og_Kush.JPG

I am soaking 3 more seeds and will start all over again. I will have to rethink how to go about it so more don't die on me. Truly heartbreaking.

:rip: little ones...

Back
Top Bottom