Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Phenoman

Good morning to all my friend and family here at 420Mag.com!:420:

My Magnum Opus folks is right here.

Please join along and help me make this a reality...:Namaste:

Here is the equipment so far that I have, I will likely be using all of this stuff:
  • Strain 1: So far Dark Plasma by Ocean Grown seeds. It's cross between Forum Cut Girl Scout Cookies X Obi Wan OG Kush. I have 4 plants that I flipped to flower yesterday but put them back into veg today. they need more time.
  • Strain 2: Something possibly from TGA? we need to find a day time sativa hybrid that will have similar requirements to whichever mom we chose from the Dark Plasma.
  • Breeding: starting in spring. plan to work with the Malawi Gold genetics first. a cross with her as a mom and a yet undecided male. Our focus will be breeding for high levels of THC-V.
  • 1000W HPS/MH in a 5x5 tent. (Currently filled with Autos while I get my Dark Plasma ready for flower. I have cuts of 2 of them so far. I will post from my phone after creating the thread.)
  • 3x6 veg closet has the Dark Plasma in now and I will flower the first gen here then put in a 4'T5 blue veg fixture.
  • General Hydroponics base with Liquid cool bloom, Blend, FloraKleen and Floralicious etc.
  • Fox Farms full line of naturals and organics which I will use mainly for teas or innoculants. May do a side by side but once the flood table is up these most likely won't be used much.

Here is the equipment that I still need to get along the way to get things flowing:
  • 4' T5 for the closet.
  • HLG 550 equivalent to replace my HPS light.
  • 4x4 flood table with pump/res.

Bottom line I want to grow beyond top shelf buds...connoisseur quality but for medical purposes for the wife and I.

I consider this website my home base, I may have stickers in my grow from seed companies etc but everything is focused back to this website. I do make videos and post to IG but this is where the action is in my opinion. If you want to be the best, surround yourself with the best and always...always always always will you make solid friends!

So anyway the layout will be a 3x6 closet to veg/propagate under T5s with a 4x4 flood and drain in a 5x5 under 1000W Equivalent light and a small 2 plant breeding tent.

Constantly running 2-3 strains that cover the gamut

Not sure if I've laid out my purpose for the perpetual so here it is:

• Taper off of addictive pharmaceuticals with the use of Cannabis - going very well but is a slow process. I figure if I can be my own case study, show how I did it, I may be able to help someone else.
  • As an 'addict' - defined by current science, show the world the power of cannabis as an alternative to maintenance programs. I have my own views on this and think we have gone way off track on this one as a society in the US.
  • Help Others Taper from Addictive Pharmaceutical with the use of Cannabis by promoting how I did it as a starting point or reference for people.
  • Lower the stigma against cannabis by bringing awareness to those in my sphere.
  • Develop and/or grow strains that will address all of my medical issues as well my need for variety and enjoyment :).

Uploading pics of the grow as of now...

Re: Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, other top shelf TBD, Breeding for THC

Ok so the girls are back under veg. 24 hours of light until I confirm rooted cuts.

It got a bit cold in there at lights off so I need to work out how to keep those temps up at night once they are flowering.

Staying organized is key...

420-magazine-mobile7256273.jpg

The room.
420-magazine-mobile791838181.jpg

Veg closet left, flower tent right.
420-magazine-mobile1200951979.jpg

Quick peek of what's inside the tent :) see my Autoflower thread
420-magazine-mobile858903697.jpg

They received a transition light feed of 2.5ml micro bloom and 3 grow. They are already perking back up since the light change.

This is what it's about though... I want to see how they react to stresses, training etc. If I don't get one that can live here well, we try again :) I have a handful more of these seeds if not.

420-magazine-mobile2018188624.jpg

Clones in the oxyclone cloner with Flying Skull Z7 treated distilled water, 2.5ml General Hydroponics micro, 5ml bloom. The latter nutrients are to simulate/replace Clonex.
420-magazine-mobile2029683869.jpg

That's a 2700k 1600 lumen CFL...I tried to find a blue light but no luck. I could also throw it in the veg closet which actually sounds like a good idea.

Here they are in better light.

So far number 2 is my favorite.
420-magazine-mobile497714903.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1123543030.jpg

Only 3 days younger but one is a runt and the other was injured by dropping a hygrometer on 4 as a seedling and taping her up. She's great now.
420-magazine-mobile273205128.jpg

420-magazine-mobile781300139.jpg

Big enough to flower for sure, I may need to get a move on or just wait and run the cuts...

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

Happy Thanksgiving! Grateful for all that I have.

Thankful for the help and support.

Thankful for roots! My first clones ever starting to root in a few days with Z7 and some GH nutes. 75 to 80f water :/
I assumed it would be too high.

420-magazine-mobile2042807225.jpg

Re: Pheno's Perpetual - Ocean Grown Dark Plasma - Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For T

Good Morning Phenoman! Looks good, lots of space, nice root starts!

When you mentioned that you were going to find a way to figure out the heat in the room during flower...have you considered running you flower lights in cycles at night, and get the heat from the 1000w fixture to warm the room? In the daytime I assume the house is warmer and temps are ok? I have to use the lights for heat at night, and a small oil filled radiator heater for heat when it gets too cold during winter days. I like your organization and white board. I have one too, but I bought too small, and didn't leave enough room for notes. Anyways, have a great day and I'm
Subbed to your grow!

Good Morning Phenoman! Looks good, lots of space, nice root starts!

When you mentioned that you were going to find a way to figure out the heat in the room during flower...have you considered running you flower lights in cycles at night, and get the heat from the 1000w fixture to warm the room? In the daytime I assume the house is warmer and temps are ok? I have to use the lights for heat at night, and a small oil filled radiator heater for heat when it gets too cold during winter days. I like your organization and white board. I have one too, but I bought too small, and didn't leave enough room for notes. Anyways, have a great day and I'm
Subbed to your grow!
Good morning and glad to have you!

Thanks for the suggestion, I really want to recycle some of the heat into the house as well.
During flower I run at night in the big tent. It would be impossible in our house to keep temps as low as I want. Even with the window shaker I couldn't run 1000w this summer. Im just glad to have the flower tent at 73 lights on. I'm like a kid in a candy store lol.

I can't seem to make up my mind on this one, but there has to be a way to use this heat to my advantage.

I suppose I could run a seperate charcoal filter in the room...and run air from someplace else, another room, through my light and into the vents.

You have me thinkin :)

Oh, I would add the cloner is in my office. I didn't want to add any more heat to the grow room but it's not much cooler in there.

Damn, I could grow in this for a bit if needed....
420-magazine-mobile1381123644.jpg

Ok so long update on the pc. Need to clean it up as it was made during planning with wife and I.

Has to do with sexing first before vacation and filling the cloner before we go with all female.

Clones after 2 days in cups:
420-magazine-mobile1861436295.jpg

Gotta rid of some, have a plan stay tuned...

Ok so an update as plans change we need to be able to adjust.

I don't think I will make my deadline for automating with flood drain before we go out of town end of next month. Financial constraints but seeing the quick turn around on these clones makes everything all better. Now I see how people are pumping out harvests every other month.

So I have some nice flourishing clones of both 1 and 2 with clones of 4 and 5 in the cloner...I don't know what the hell i'm doing...pumping out clones for the heck of it I guess :)...I can't keep them all and didn't expect them all to root let alone live through the transplant.

They all lived, and are flourishing faster than I can keep up so....

Plan B:

Today refreshing the cloner with that winning solution (2.5ml Gen Hydro Micro, 5ml Bloom, 0.5ml each part Z7) and taking 3 new cuts of each big plant and getting rid of em.:thumb:

The cuts I take today will be the new "moms" as well to use for sexing. I will flower the first clones (C1) but only long enough to sex, males removed and fresh cuts taken of the females right before we leave so that when we return we will have all female cuttings ready for about a week or 2 at most of veg/acclimation then right into flower. make sense? So the first actual flower run will be

Likely be another drain to waste top feed this first run and we will pick the mom then if we have a keeper.

I have humidity on the mind as it was brought up in another thread. I hope that doesn't pose a problem here as many folks in the community pheno hunt of this strain had problem of one sort or another. It was dubbed an 'advanced strain' by growmau5 so we'll see. lots of ppl with mold issues.

With the given constraints. I decided to look to strains more suitable for my climate and as luck would have it two of my favorites are on that list with Durban Poison and Malawi Gold.

Also found a nice breeder pack for the Malawi that is supposed to be the original from ACE (who supposedly has been keeping an original Malawi mom for years) and in this pack they include 3 versions.
Malawi Pack Cr'ia Standard - Standard - Variedades

Yup the above is the plan, took all new cuts of the larger plants today and got rid of the originals. I even ditched what was in the cloner....

When done I will have 3-C1 of each seed. two going into the other tent for a lil bit...just long enough for the others to show sex in the closet.

Things are going swimmingly:)

So far all have endured a bit of my normal stonery. They were left with an orange glowing heater in the dark on night. Another my timer was off.
After sexing them they will be recyled. I've got the others of the cuts that will be kept.

The ones in cloner didn't want to root until I added 5 tap water ice cubes twice a day to keep temps around 75.
Not sure if chlorine was helpful as both Oxyclone and Z7 recommend chlorinated products as a sterilization.

Glad to know Z7 works with chlorinated waters.

So... As usual I think I was wrong.
My predictions for the short stocky side branch heavy as all female with one male may be nearly backwards.

Watching the phenotype hunt gauntlet on YouTube while they chose which they liked there was a favorite among many that is a bit tall and unweildy...maybe this is it? I have heard she's worth it.

Since I will have all female cuts ready Dec 28th to start a short veg, I will put a scrog up early to keep them in line.

As for medium, going right from cloner into giant kitty litter tubs drilled Hempy with perlite, GH nutes. Unless Santa brings a flood table.

After this run, we chose moms and THEN reinvest into a flood and drain.... Then HLG550 LED as weather will be changing.

I will likely use the HID in breeding tent at 400W. 3 plants only 2x2. Personal crosses nothing fancy.

Well of my 5 beans, mind still early but my eyes are finally better trained to tell early. More outright acorn looking with shaped sides, male. My Damn 2 favorites, 2 and 4 were perfect size, tons of side branching all coming up to the light.. Both look male which I am seriously considering flowering out because I would think early flower, squat males -one im 99%as I see secondary balls starting...so I got 1 female, that is tall and stretchy.

However I'm not really disappointed because the favorite seemed to be the tall stretchy one for both people that ran them that I've watched so even though they do stretch up a bit and don't produce quite as much as is everything it's supposed to be super fire so I'm happy about that I'll just use a scrog net and make sure I get a good canopy...

Could use some advice there one rolling as it is hard once they get rigid to train

This comes from Pennywise thread we were discussing my breeding plans so here's that...
It's just that these tropical sativas do everything so slooowwww lol
Yup, I hope to tame it while retaining the original effects as well create some modern crosses. Maybe a key lime pie cross for the hybrid. Durban Poison to keep it close to original?

Trying to get that breeder pack from ACE that has 3 various versions, the original. basically a clean back cross with their original landrace mom as well a couple of already worked with samples to help tame.

Other than ordering from them directly my other hang up is that the lab results on their tester had 0.00%THC-V.

I usually get into a hobby and pick a large goal as part of it. This is a decade long plan, singleness of purpose to bring African THC-V up to really high levels for recreational folks, spiritual ritual etc. And more tame versions for kids with ADHD, self destructive autism etc.

I have a mom who is fighting that austism fight and it sucks. Her son bashes his head into walls unless medicated. Now morals are personal but come on... If you had medicine from a pharmacy... Right?
The only thing that works and has ever worked is cannabis for the kid. The mom doesn't use and has been fighting legislation for approval here.

Okay so some good news!!

I have confirmed that I have two females of the five... one is the short stocky slower grower which is which is excellent as what I wanted that.
And... the tall stretchy female. But everybody reviewing this plants phenotypes love that one so much so it will be great.

I might even keep them both if they have a good daytime and nighttime affect.

So long as I work with the scrog I believe I can get that stretchy one to yield a lot just use my brain and I'll get it
420-magazine-mobile1861835902.jpg

Stretchy one
420-magazine-mobile477263341.jpg

Im really excited... We leave the 22 through 28th. I'll have 2 drying still but all cuts of 1 and 5 in the cloner for our return!!

Short stocky plants can surprise you
I have heard that elsewhere too. I wonder if the vigorous plants finish quicker... if she's not too long her lack of vigor is surpassed by her heartiness. I abuses the first cuts. dried them, PH flux, low temps, super cropping amd topping. the slower plant takes it all in side. my cuts came from an unabused but revegged plant.

... here she is doing reveg, likely done? how do you know? I only sexed her a week and put her under 24 hrs light with the clones.

After this ordeal I'm liking her more and more while I haven't had issues of powdery mildew or anything like that the other girl is very stretchy but vigorous. Guess we won't know until we know.
fbdc633ded5d90f098d4b9f8a64fa023.jpg

Our vacation got cancelled due to some Transportation issues which is okay in a sense financially things were a bit tight Etc and having the two girls still finishing up I didn't want to chop them early if I didn't have to so we'll just have to plan a vacation a bit later I have 8 to 10 clones in the cloner just waiting to get rooted so I can start veg and them up I plan on using a larger pots either 5 real gallons or number 7 pot or those kitty litter buckets full of perlite done hempy style... I haven't quite made up my mind yet but I'm sure I will need to quick because once they start rooting I'll have to make a decision:)

As part of my enzyme treatment and inoculation of the Coco I've added and an IPM schedule in which every week I will use this neem and a spinosad type product back and forth as a preventative.

Now that we're going to be keeping genetics around I want to make sure that I keep them as healthy as possible.

I'm definitely up for any advice oh that's right Agemon had a recommendation for a foliar spray that was good for molds and mildews I believe it's Nukem I'll have to look it up. That might be for something a little stronger I'm just looking for a preventative for now.

Originally bought some neem extract from Walmart but I later learned that this Dyna Gro or other pure neem is what we're looking for they're definitely quite different.
1300e7551fda5c705692fed9d20cf8e1.jpg
d0c1180d1c549c9856347e28178976d0.jpg

so quick update.
new pots and just got lucky I guess. cheap ones from the Zon but really like the design. the holes do not touch the saucer bottom making it easier to be sure no pooling.

These 7 girls were the best of the best from the cloner and are almost ready to be uppotted and moved under 600w of MH for a bit. will be scrogging.

5 cuts are number 1, named her 'Avienda'
2 cuts are number 5, named her 'Flair'

they are recieving veg nutrients as follows:
1/4tsp epsom salt per gallon.
3ml per gallon GH Micro
7ml per gallon GH Grow
2ml per gallon GH Bloom.

water days are: ph water, fox farms kelp product. I use this to lower PH in my water.

Once a week use Flying Skull Z7 and Fox Farms boomerang along with fox farm bembe to innoculate the coco with benificial microbes and carbs for said microbes. I found this worked excellent with the parent plants while expirimenting with them a bit. sort of a DTW hydro but with beneficials system. I think many soilless growers do this to some degree now.

I need a new bulb so hopefully will get a good HPS bulb in there. I have been running the cheap $25 hydroplanet bulb it came with so while researching found that the Hortilux super HPS actually has some blue spectrum whereas my bulb did not.

I have seen them as low as 60 bucks so that's not bad. I paid that for my MH bulb, I just thought the good ones were 140 for some reason.
f64230bb826743643a66401f10ea3a20.jpg
768e25e32977712c55e5a8c7fc0bc8db.jpg

And we're back!

getting better at things, So I have just transplanted the girls up into their final pots and I'm doing this weekend a 'preparation for flower'.
I'm going to veg them out for a bit still, but getting all ready...

After working with both of these girls during the Autoflower CannaBonanza I did learn some things about them as well as some new ways to feed in Coco that I think are very beneficial here is my new program as follows for vegetative growth I will post my feeding for flowering once we kick that off, but it's not much different other than NPK.

put in braces in tent. 78 inch baseboards now keep tent sides from sucking in. giving me closer to 4.5x4.5 instead of 4x4 with sides sucked in.

my first time working with clones.
next time I need to bury deeper. they are not too secure.
one bail of coco was perfect on top of their already one gallon.
these are listed 3 gallon buckets but are same size as my 5 gallon smart pots. go figure, it's plenty.

So feeding schedule is loosely this: feed, water, innoculate/hormones, feed etc. hydroponics.

feed =
1/4 epsom salt, 3ml micro, 5ml grow earlier I mistakenly say 7ml this was because I was using that much before adding bennies now 7 too much, 2ml bloom per gallon. ph high 5s.

water =
water plus kelp extract from Fox Farm to bring PH into normal range and add some benificial hormones.

Inoculation =
fox farm boomerang (I use this as the microbes are more specific to cannabis in this formula compared to microbe brew which has more microbes but not the right kind... from what I have read).
10 drops floralicious plus (humic acids)
10 drops rapid start
5ml kelp
5ml Flora Blend (rock phosphates, microbes and hormones).
Z7 enzyme to clear dead organic material.
finally 5ml Fox Farm Bembe to add sugar to the microbes.
I let this "brew" overnight. they love it. I will be swapped the Bembe in flower for Honey and Mollases as I don't want the other things added to their product.

then back to feeding again.

I will use up my nutrients from fox farm but replace with specific addatives.s
Hopefully I can swing some mammoth P before flower and a new bulb.

They were sprayed with neem yesterday in their smaller pots one last time before flower. just a little added protection.

Well I'm going to go smoke a bowl eat a cookie, some breakfast and chill out for a bit.
Hope you all have a great Sunday cheers and much Growers love!
c2398395b53bb0480e500653fa6f3a41.jpg
5ff773c5f354c7c8abfd77a06bfcdcc1.jpg
386026bb3957dd0d000cc9dc7c08046b.jpg
127f945ac45bac2dc64866be9a481e7f.jpg
7c5f3cb14bca8dd3b56659805bd1ef46.jpg

I believe Durban is supposed to have elevated thc-v
Durban and a few others from Africa.

That was one test so that doesn't mean they all won't have any THC-V but maybe ACEs isn't packing it. there is another breeder but doesn't ship to US.

I can also consider some others from Africa.

Heck almost want to just grow some Durban Poison and see what that is like.

Back
Top Bottom