Mayne's Perfect Sun Mini Grow Adventures

Mayne

Hi folks, figured to start a journal.

Finally got me a PSMini. Using in a 27"x27" tent.

I have a bunch of things going on with this grow. It was started under a DIY Strip light I built from cheap Ebay strips for the first 60 days. I flipped to flower 22 days ago, and she has been showing pistols for 12 days.

Not sure the strain, it was bagseed, but good bag seed,lol. This is the 3rd time growing it, hopefully get some seeds from her again.

have another good seed from some recent bagseed growing, and 3 days old. Then I had 2 FireOG seeds, 1 didnt make it, and the other, stopped growing, but not dead, so fingers crossed. I have 2 more FireOG seeds, but they are iffy if they crack. They are small and light colored, like the 2 i just tryed growing out.

In the plant flowering, Im using KindSoil/FFoF mix 50%, and MegaCrop Nutes. I also started Air injection into the pot. When I first planted into this pot, I have 1 hole for my airline to go into the bottom of the pot. I inserted a Collinder or Strainer in the bottom of the pot, so it will airprune from the bottom, while distributing air on the entire bottom, .and up thru the soil. *shruggs, experimental,lol..

I use very little MegaCrop nutes, Im at 200PPMs right now for the flowering plant. seems to be taking i=to it pretty well.
Below are pics of my strip light i Built, that this vegged under up till 4 days ago

DSCN33607.JPG
DSCN33625.JPG
DSCN33734.JPG
LEDfinal15.png

DSCN33744.JPG
LEDfinal1.png

Hey people,

well, FireOG seed not going to good. SLooooo growing, but its showing life. Think maybe the tape root just happened to get burned off from the soil, IDK.. She still living, maybe tomorrow,lol..

have another seedling that is 3 days old from breaking coco, fast and thick its lookin. Its in coco/soil mix, and air injection. So, its getting max O2 possible. if these grow great in the cup wioth the air, Im going larger scale next time, ( several containers- 9 )

OK, on to the larger plant. Growing fast. These are just 13 days into flower, ( seen pistol 13 days ago ) so she is packin it on quick. Already seeing trics, WHATTTTT!

This also has the air injection, but in KindSoil/FFOF mix. Also, I do let any runoff run out, THEN i put the air in. So, it doesnt sit in water, and still gets a little runoff to clear out salts and such.

She is looking really nice tho. I hope I get some seeds outta this run, Im out of them. I really like how it flowers, just wait till you see the finished bud, they are glossy,.. Might be to late to silver mist her? IDK. I do have clones that i think are starting to regrow, so im going to use those to force seeds thru stress. not big on clones, i like seeds personally.

Ok, any input or comments welcome
day65-day13flower-7.png

day65-day13flower-5.png

day65-day13flower-3.png

day65-day13flower-1.png

day65-day13flower-6.png

day65-day13flower-2.png

day65-day13flower-4.png

day65-day13flower-8.png

subbed in looks great mayne ive a ps500 light myself this is my first grow in her so lookin forward in seein the results keep up the good work mate

Hey quinny, thanks man. I see your girls over there, they are looking perfect. 7 week turnover thing im interested in too, lol.. This girl here i think is a fast finisher too, but she throws pistols out constantly, even when they are 5% amber, so im interested to see what this Mini turns her out to be like. I love this light so far, wish tho that Neil had like a 20inch square mini Goliath. I might order a nother one down the road, but not like soon because of the holidays. I might have to buy another Mars and mod it again, so i can atleast have the other side of the tent filled out. Im home usually all day, so i manually move the Mini around in the tent like a light mover, lol...

Hey man, thanks for stoppin thru,

Thinking about flipping my lights here soon just because...how long did you leave her in the dark b4 the light turned on for the 12/12 to start?

Didnt. Just flipped her. I did forget to mention i used the GrowMau5 Puck for sleep initiation at the end of the day. It forces the plant to instantly start night cycle, instead of the 2 hours it take the ATP to accumulate. I think its call ATP,lol.. Night hormone laymans terms.

So, she really gets 14hrs darkness. Some use it to ADD a hour for light, so they run a 14 On, 10 off for flower. While still staying in flower mode. It also knocks off a week of flower time. Of course, if its an auto, it dont matter.

She took 10 days to show pistols from flip day.. I dont start my Flower day count till then.

Hope that helped ya out,

I like how even you have it trained.... Nice job

Hey cannibcody, thanks for stoppin thru man.

I originally had her scrogged, but changed it up after flipping to 12/12. I had 3 plants in here, 2 turned out to be male, so I went to just LSTin her since she was all alone. The Soil definitely slowed the veg period, as with Coco would of gotten more growth. Took awhile to hit the Kindsoil in the bottom of the pot. Really seen good growth since adding MegaCrop Nutes and adding the Mini to the project.

Didnt. Just flipped her. I did forget to mention i used the GrowMau5 Puck for sleep initiation at the end of the day. It forces the plant to instantly start night cycle, instead of the 2 hours it take the ATP to accumulate. I think its call ATP,lol.. Night hormone laymans terms.

So, she really gets 14hrs darkness. Some use it to ADD a hour for light, so they run a 14 On, 10 off for flower. While still staying in flower mode. It also knocks off a week of flower time. Of course, if its an auto, it dont matter.

She took 10 days to show pistols from flip day.. I dont start my Flower day count till then.

Hope that helped ya out,

Idk what GrowMau5 is or haven't heard of it I don't think

Idk what GrowMau5 is or haven’t heard of it I don’t think

O, OK,
GrowMau5 is a youTubeGrower/LED light guru, and he created a Small Far-Red LED light, that when you turn it on, it knocks the plant out almost instantly.

growmaupuck.png

It goes on 5 minutes before Lights Out, and then stays on for 10 minutes after the lights are out. ( using a programmable timer ) So, when the plant gets the 730nm of the spectrum, it sends a sleep signal and the plant falls asleep. BUT if you turn a light on, it will instantly stop sleeping process. 630nm is that signal trigger.

It was $37 on the zon" or you can get it from RapidLED

It goes on 5 minutes before Lights Out, and then stays on for 10 minutes after the lights are out. ( using a programmable timer ) So, when the plant gets the 730nm of the spectrum, it sends a sleep signal and the plant falls asleep. BUT if you turn a light on, it will instantly stop sleeping process. 630nm is that signal trigger.

It was $37 on the zon" or you can get it from RapidLED

That's pretty badass I've seen many of his videos but not that video. Seems like a pretty good idea!! I've always just cut the lights out for about 36 hours or so then the lights would come on and be in 12/12. I'll have to look more into the puck

Hey Slim, The flowering plant is KindSoil and FoxfarmOceanForest, and the seedlings are Coco/Soil mix.

hey there, Ill come along for the ride! That light you made is badass. Hopefully you can still put it to use. Your lady looks great! may fat buds come your way!

Thanks and welcome to the journey 420budz,

Im going to change the Strips to a better kind, and use this light for veg most likely when i get another tent, then have a 2 tent rotation,

Enjoy the ride mayne,

Back
Top Bottom