Insanity566

Hello everyone, first time posting a grow journal. I will be Doing 7 strains in this journal. Also will try and do weekly updates, even if its just photos. Some basic info before the pics. Also not exactly sure of age, but most will be within 2 weeks from seed/clone.

Strains: HSO Blue Dream, HSO Pineapple Skunk, Blimburn Seeds Chemdog #4, Sour Lemon, Devils Harvest Strawberry Sour Diesel,3x phenos Ice x Aurora Indica (Snow Drift).

Snow drifts are from clone.

Will be an indoor grow in a 4x4 tent. Using 100% coco in 3gal smart pots.With 4x 32 watt t8 fluorescents.

Temps should be ranging from 70F - 80F. Usually right around 75 though.
RH ranges from 48% - 60%. with the norm being right at 55%.
Using Full line of Canna Coco nutrient line on light feeding mix, with Cal-Mag plus(@ 2ml/gal).
Solution is at a PH of 6.3 and ppm of 750.

IMG_20171124_164759.jpg

IMG_20171124_164850.jpg
IMG_20171124_164846.jpg
IMG_20171124_164844.jpg
IMG_20171124_164839.jpg
IMG_20171124_164828.jpg
IMG_20171124_164823.jpg
IMG_20171124_164817.jpg
IMG_20171124_164808.jpg
IMG_20171124_165116.jpg

So i was thinking about adding a CO2 system in the room. any suggestions or input. during the winter it is a closed room with virtually no outside venting. during the summer there is a window unit ac, and thats about it. i was also wanting to incorporate an auto watering system with some sort of drip setup. thinking using an 800gph pump with 1/2 in tubing that t's off with 1/4 tubing to the drip setup on each plant. any input for this project will help as well.

Small Update:
Decided to show the 8 Snow Drift ladies i have in flower. 7 are on day 16 of flower. and the one is on day 31 of flower. the 2 that are in front and center are the 2 new phones. the other 6 are all clone from same mother. the tent has 1x 200w California light works led, 1x California light works 110w bloom booster, and 1x 300w Kingbo led.

i the veg tent i moved the SD clones around a bit. you will see the other clones on the right. those are just snow drifts and Ceres Skunks. the 3 taller clones are about 3 weeks from roots and everything else is about 1.5 weeks from roots. if that.

IMG_20171126_193440.jpg
IMG_20171126_193432.jpg
IMG_20171126_193454.jpg
IMG_20171126_193448.jpg
IMG_20171126_193538.jpg
IMG_20171126_193248.jpg
IMG_20171126_193302.jpg
IMG_20171126_193311.jpg

THey are looking good man. I believe that if your going to use CO2. YOu need to good warm tent. You probably need either MH/HPS or strong LED grow lights to produce bright enough light for your plant to be able to use the extra CO2. CFLs and T5s probably aren't bright enough to get great results with CO2. So it may not be worth the $$$.

I will be keeping an eye on these. SO good luck.

THey are looking good man. I believe that if your going to use CO2. YOu need to good warm tent. You probably need either MH/HPS or strong LED grow lights to produce bright enough light for your plant to be able to use the extra CO2. CFLs and T5s probably aren't bright enough to get great results with CO2. So it may not be worth the $$$.

I will be keeping an eye on these. SO good luck.

Thanks for the info. haven't really done a ton of research on the co2 yet. was just an idea. and i have a vivosun regulator already as well as a tank. just need to get a controller with monitoring system. my plan was to do 4x 300w led's with the 110 bloom booster in center of the 4x4 flower tent. and use the kingbo led on veg mode with the 4 t8 flouros for the veg tent.(also 4x4). i believe that will give me about 800 true watts in the flower tent.(guess?). the purpose of the co2 was for the closed room. both tents are in a back room with the door always closed and with winter here the a/c is off. the room is heated by a small space heater as well. there isn't any outside air getting into the room. so the plants use all the co2 in the room and there isn't a way for it to replenish with a useable amount for the number of plants that i will be having. (in theory). again i need to do a lot of research before i implement this into the gardens.

Hi Insanity I dropped by to take a look and you are doin a great job. Are the snow drift ladies in coco as well?

the older snow drift in flower and a few other are in soil that i made myself and reused with some additives. I'm transitioning over to 100% coco so i am using the canna coco notes in the soil at the same strength and doesn't seem to mind it very much. just a very slight nute burn. however all the clones except for one is in coco. not sure why i didn't just put the one in coco as well but its one of the older clones.

on a small update: i have gotten my 20 lb co2 tank and regulator just trying to research for a decent controller/monitor. with the cost of the co2 system my auto watering system will be a month or so behind. i will get a little information together on the snow drifts as i have not seen any crosses with nirvana's Ice and their Aurora indica. it a very nice smoke thats for sure and finishes faster than their parents. well the one pheno i have been able to grow out. more info to come soon.

so i think i need to stop using the jiffy pucks for seeds and clones. i feel that it doesn't grow as fast as just putting cuttings/seeds straight into medium. i believe i will have test this once i can take clones in a few more weeks. any thought?

so i think i need to stop using the jiffy pucks for seeds and clones. i feel that it doesn't grow as fast as just putting cuttings/seeds straight into medium. i believe i will have test this once i can take clones in a few more weeks. any thought?
I clone with straight coco in a solo cup. I've never bought a jiffy pellet or a rockwool cube since. Good luck:)

I clone with straight coco in a solo cup. I've never bought a jiffy pellet or a rockwool cube since. Good luck:)
thanks i think thats what I'm going to start doing. (planting seds/cutting straight into the mix ill be using. i feel that the pellets slow root growth down a lot. feel they hold too much water.

The younguns are lookin good Insanity. IMO plantin in small containers with the same medium you'll be growin in is the best way to go

thanks SOG. the clones are looking a lil yellow but they barely just came out of cloner and i only use r/o water w/o nutes when cloning and planting seeds. on the next go around. i will try using 25% seedling solution in the cloner. see what i get out of that.

well, it seems the SD#5 clone isn't too happy. thinking it may be culled soon. or i might leave it not sure yet lol.
Everything else is looking happy for most part. don't mind the little bit of yellowing, it is from the cloning process and haven't seen any more since they rooted. hoping to have my drip system and drain table set up by end of next week.
IMG_20171130_190841.jpg
IMG_20171130_190850.jpg

IMG_20171130_190916.jpg
IMG_20171130_190927.jpg

ya i will be doing that instead of jiffy pucks from now on. i feel that they stunt growth until the roots reach outside of the pellets medium. and when using them with coco they hold water a lot longer than the coco. so i feel that a possibility of over watering is more prevalent. i looked at the root ball from a previous plant and there were only 3 main roots coming from the jiffy pellet medium. not sure what thats about.

Back
Top Bottom