Neuro Genesis Study to Grow Dreams & Meds — Brainiacs
:love:

:welcome:Presented by Lady G — Jr. Grow-A-Brain Scientist
;) hahahaha:welcome:

(Loves to laugh and has already studied over 7500hrs since Sept 2015 as a Brain Patient)

IMG_3562a.jpg

Best picture from my last Kushy Kush harvest.

Happy to welcome you back...let's reload and get ready!

Alz.jpeg

Welcome to the future of Cannabis Medicine from a Neuro Patients' POV.

DSC05754a.jpg

-----------------------------------------

How is this journal different?

I received this card recently, it meant the world to me and I sleep with it under my pillow in hopes that I am doing the right thing.

THE GATHERING

"Card Meaning: You are loved, and you are lovable. You deserve love. Support in all forms is flowing to you. You can relax; there is so much love around you.

Communicate from your heart. Share your truth. You are safe. Diminish your time with those who do not empower you or believe in you.

Your Native Spirit Wants You to Know: lf the Gathering Your Tribe card chooses you, this means that sustenance in all forms is flowing into your life.

"Your people" are those who resonate with you. (Your people can include animals, plants, minerals, and trees, as well as people.) Be willing to ask for what you want in life. This is the time to put your needs before the needs of others. Your tribe is waiting to support and nurture you, as you nurture yourself.

Sometimes your friends are more your family than blood relatives. Find your people and cherish them. Your vibe attracts your tribe.

The Journey: Spend time with friends and family members who see the best in you. (Don't spend time with dream stompers.) Take classes. Share meals. Take time to find your people. You will live longer and be happier."

ARE YOU MY PEOPLE?

If you are or want to be...you're most welcome!

IMG_9223a.jpg

----------------

GOALS Say it like on Soccer Saturday games. Gooooooooooooal!

In my previous journal I lost track of my goals because of the sensory overload. It's up to me to restart and get back on track because I am only to blame and responsible for time lost but I won't make that mistake again.

With or without this diagnosis, we have goals to achieve that will put Cannabis on the Medicinal map in terms of healing from Neuro Diseases for young and old.

I am an advocate for Neuro Patients recovery using the "OILzheimer's Protocol 1.0" that I created because of my own findings proven to be true. Let's be the first in the world to publish the "OILzheimers's Protocol 2.0" that will be a refined version of 1.0.

Let's take the guess work away for our Seniors too, which is the largest group to switch over to Cannabis from pharma. That says so much...knowledge is truly power.

Goals To Focus On & Weekly Updates

1. I want to create an easier way to make oil for caregivers and patients of ALZ & Dementia.

Update — Will publish a 2.0 method for making oil that includes FAQ's. 

2. I want to create a dosing protocol for ALZ.
Update — Will publish a 2.0 dosing protocol for Neuro Degenerative Diseases.

3. I want to find strains that already exist that would help combat ALZ.
Update — Still researching and making a master list — Please keep a look out for clearheaded indica strains everyone.

4. I want to create my own strain that will target ALZ and extinguish early signs of dementia and cognitive impairment.
Update — Still researching — harder than I thought, but not impossible.

5. Destigmatize ALZ as a death sentence, show results as a new way of living with ALZ comfortably.
Update — Will post grow and brain related journal updates with gratitude.
(and some attitude)

6. Prove Cannabis is the most effective way to treat Neuro Degenerative Diseases.
Update — I would like to become a CBD Lifestyle Coach when Canada relegalizes Cannabis. Live my truth.

7. Showcase our results with the world.
Update — Massive project already started. There is no stopping the brainacs.

8. Researching 420 tools to help me produce oil better and more efficiently.
Update — Oil Slickers Community

9. Gather testimonials and inspirational stories that give me hope.
Update — Constantly looking...

10. Study 5000 hours a year about GREEN meds to save my life through Neuro Cannabis.
Update — Daily for the rest of my life.

Can you help me achieve my goals? Very humbling to ask...

END_alz.jpeg

---------------

The following text almost mirrors my previous journals' submission because it's accurate and still relevant. There have been contextual edits cause I ain't lazy just proud. 

The next chapter begins...

--------------------------------------

Brain_Anatomy_Functions_a.jpeg

It was 2 years ago Sept 2015 that I experienced a brain attack which changed the way I think forever. And it's been 1 year of fulltime rehabilitation that included Cognitive Behaviour Therapy classes, Occupational Therapy and Counselling which has changed the way I interact with the world forever. 

Hi, my name is G2HM and I have a rare form of Alzheimer's called Frontal Temporal Dementia at the young age of 44 and welcome to my Grow & Brain Rehabilitation. 

I started growing modestly just two months before my first brain attack happened. After spending the rest of my life savings, I had no clue that I just bought myself a second chance at living. How did I know? I'm so relieved to tell you that I have been training my brain since March 2016 and witnessed huge positive results in my life. I went from accepting my death, to now planning consecutive grows to fulfill my list of medicinal needs.

What a massive victory so far, it's like winning a world cup. I'm still reeling from it. I was diagnosed Nov 14, 2016, a year after my serious memory loss. The doctors refused to believe I was impacted, but I would not take no for an answer. I insisted that my doctors seek further scans and then we found it.

That "no" got me a diagnosis early enough to confirm my instinct that my brain was deteriorating. What if I had waited, I would be in a "home" right now. Makes me shake my head. According to the medical system, I should be hospitalized by now in full time care. And before I started growing, I was reading hospice pamphlets. But thanks to the help of my medical team and 420 family of brainiacs; their help makes up for the cognitive challenges I face daily. 

My grow has become the link to my lifeline. Not only have I studied over 5000 of 420 hours last year; but I have shared the gratitude I have for being alive across this forum. As long as I keep growing my own medicine, I feel I have a legitimate chance at beating this thing. But it's not going to be easy, in fact it will be death defying. 

I initially came here for help with my dying plants, and now I'm here experiencing a second chance at life. I have a lifestyle that my brain craves and adapts to, this is my office of healing affairs. This forum constantly challenges my executive functions, like planning, organizing, writing and reading through journals. Which in turn builds new brain cells, which ends in a harvest specific for my needs. 

These journals sharpen my project management skills I USED TO have, in fact, they never left, somewhere in my brain I am making progress and linking to old working management skills I thought I lost, just by posting journals of my progress weekly. This is bringing back standards of work that I didn't have 1 year ago.

Luckily all my journals are keepsakes of my progress in hopes to inspire other Brain patients to seek out CBD/THC Oil as primary dosing alternatives. Every journal post I create allows me to make up for knowledge I am losing from having a Neuro Degenerative Disease. For every piece of advice someone gives me; I am regenerating brain cells and preventing Frontal Temporal Dementia aka Alzheimer's from taking over my entire life.

Feedback is very welcome, but not obligatory. Just be you.

Even though I believe my fate is written, my dying wish is to never speak about death in my journal again. My mind is incredibly hyper sensitive to words, concepts even negativity. This journal is my sanctuary and if anything happens to me, I want it to emulate hope and inspiration, not death and sadness. I recognize I may not be able to avoid death, but I'm living right now, must not switch realities and keep focusing on everything that is positive.

No more tears, no more fears!
The outside world reminds me constantly of what's in store for me, I have even planned my own funeral with my honey as I went bankrupt and lost my business that took 11 years to build. I am living against the odds, and will be the underdog until the day I die. I'm not afraid to stare down the barrel of a disease, especially if its' pulling the trigger.

There is always hope....and Cannabis. Let not failure be my legacy, for I will not let ALZ anger and confusion manifest in my rolodex mind, preventing the flipping through my life, as words no longer evoke the smile from a memory we take for granted every day. On the flip side, I am experiencing the best time of my life, I'm legitimately happy.

Every morning I open my eyes, it's another day to spread the joy I feel for growing and oil.
To be frank, the only hope I have of staying alive and AWAKE is to surround myself with better people and better meds. That's not a bad thing at all. This journal will keep me on task, even if I forget my address on a daily basis, I know this is truly my home.

The sun does shine brightly in this forum, I'm honoured to have found a community that I MOSTLY fit in, because of the person I am, my positivity is here to stay.

I have eliminated lots in my food plan, including but not limited to, SUGAR/SALT, fried foods, most meat, most gluten, pop, pizza, chips, my favourite caramels in the world. It was all good while it lasted. Sugar overload is one of the leading causes to early onset dementia. 

Now I must maintain a level of good body health to effectively change my brain for the long term. I eat butter flavoured rice cakes like they're going out of style, and my body loves them. I am still pre-diabetic but my blood pressure is normal, so we'll see what happens. 

There is so much good happening from my last journal, super fantastic people and a journey that has changed my life. It was hard to end it, but now it's updated and we continue on.

Just remember you are reading about the most traumatic and fantastic part of my life; there will be glitches, problems and relentless ambition to overcome adversity. Anything shorter than a miracle, just won't do, but let's laugh and have fun the entire way. Being happy is half the cure. Growing meds is the other half of the cure.

This is my legacy and welcome to it...

Alz_wordbrain.jpg

------------------Get Growing---------------

100% Organic Garden of Healing by Lady G

IMG_2357_cbd_fresco.jpg

Welcome to my humble experimental journal of rehabilitation & inspiration to continue my new purpose in life.

Growers Mission: Slow down degenerative neuro disease through the processes of growing green medicine. Stop the entire disease from further brain damage through the protocols of oil dosing and Neuro Genesis. 

Purpose:Retrain my brain and exercise my executive functions through journalling.

Diagnosis:Test results are in...but are not the final diagnosis.

"...these findings are worrisome for a frontotemporal neuro degenerative process. The differential include frontal variant Alzheimer's disease. Clinical correlation is needed. (12 page Occupational Therapy Assessment completed Jan 2017) Consider psychostimulants to augment frontal lobe function and cholinesterase inhibitors to augment hippocampal function.

Medical Grower: 

1.5 years of growing my heart out. I've got two major harvests under my belt after 3 previous attempts. Thanks to help of the 420 forum, I am able to learn from others through screenshots and challenge myself to be better each harvest. Now that I have a proper harvest under my belt and have created my first oil batch; I know that my instinct was right. This is the best thing I could've done for myself, but how did I know to follow this route?

Accomplishments:

*I learned how to grow while battling a brain disease in my early 40's.

*I make my own oil now.

*I have a "flower" area now.

*I am a retired soccer player and live my life through good sportswomanship values.

*I have the confidence to speak to people about growing in supply/seed shops.

*I have just passed my 2 year benchmark of having this disease and I'm still getting better. 

Tech Specs & Plant Details
(please excuse any errors I'm still learning)

What strains have I experimented with:
1. Outdoor Grab Bag of misc Seeds - July 2015
2. Afghan Kush - World of Seeds - almost 100% Indica - July 2015
3. Northern Lights Auto - Crop King Seeds - Indica/Sativa:70% Indica, 20% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis - Sept 2015
4. Purple Kush - Crop King Seeds - Indica 75% - Sativa 25% - Sept 2015-

5. CB Dream - Crop King Seeds - 80/20% - March 2016

6. Kushy Kush — Canuk Seeds — 80/20% - 2017
7. Quarter Pounder Auto — Canuk Seeds — 20% Indica — Sativa 80%-2017
8. More to come...why stop there? 

*I have Dinafem, Barney's Farm & Dutch Passion coming up!

Medicinal purposes only

Seeking different strains for different pains. I am targeting clear-headed strains that are predominantly Indica-CBD but with optional 20% Sativa blends. I want to capture that uplifting euphoria without triggering ANY neuro-trauma that most doctors claim Cannabis primarily does. I'm studying and researching everything and anything to do with OIL and the healing compounds it takes for brain retraining and neuro genesis processes.

The reading never stops, learning must happen every day. There is an alternative to neuro drugs, if the Scientists listen to brain patients more. I am not a Cannabinoid educated Doctor; I am a Cannabinoid educated patient who has hit the wall with the medical doctors. I don't want to waste away waiting for doctors to care for me with more chemicals, it just won't happen, get over it!

I must create my own success, as long as I stay true to myself. As I wait patiently for Canada to be the 2nd country in the world to RElegalize Cannabis in Aug 2018; I have to stay alive to see this happen.

------------ALL INDOOR Organic GROW--------------

Vegetation Area & Flower Area 

Rock - White Quartz Crystal from the 2nd largest granite cliffs in the world. White rocks have been charged with positivity based on the history of these cliffs. Super rare.

Growing times: 18/6 hr for auto, 18/6 hr for photo veg — 12/12 hour for flower — super important to remind myself.

Soil: Promix — BX/HP — Worm Castings — 2 cups of Organic PROMIX Vegetable or flower. I only use organic nutrients and supplements so I'm careful not to pad my soil with too much premixed soil. It's enough to make sure my plants get something in case I'm sick and I can't get to them. 

Supplies: 10 inch — Self-Watering Pot * Veg area only -
2.5, 3 & 5 Gallon - Self Watering Containers

* Flower area transplants

*I will be doing a new tutorial on the self-watering pots I have improved.

Lighting situation... 

1. Perfect Sun Dwarf Star

2. Germination & Veg lights: 2x 39 inch
(2) T5HO LED lights parallel to each other. 1 light used for early veg state. Then turn on second light after the first topping/FIM. 

Yes, air-cooled during the day with fan, but not at night because it's cooler at night naturally here.

Veg Temp of Room 22-25 DC

Flower 

Temp of Room 24-28 DC

Humidity ranges from 45-56 % for veg 

PH of media or res? Mine is 5.5 — 7.0 ph 
balance using a colour chart every time for accuracy.

Any Pests ? 
HUGS NOT BUGS. Happy to report no bugs...

How often are you watering? 
Once or twice a week now in veg state, or up to 3 times in rapid veg stretch growth depending on the strain.

Type and strength of ferts used? 

Organic - GO

—
Root Booster *new to my lineup

- BioThrive Grow (4 3 3 — 5 ml/litre)
— Thrive Alive B-1 Green (0 0 1 — 5ml/litre)
— CalMag+ (10 ml/litre)

— Bio Bloom 
 (2 3 3 - 10ml/litre)

— Bio Bud *new to my lineup

------------WHY?--------------

DSC05661a.jpg

Thesis-- To prove that I can rehabilitate my brain deficiencies by learning the growing process and have fun doing it. I would also like to prevent further deterioration/ALZ on my brain through fresh harvested oil, made with my own hands.

Must Improve:

1. Language aka Growing Processes.

2. Math aka Formulated Nutrients.

3. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks.

Enhanced Abilities:

1. Music

2. Innovative & Motivational Growing Projects

3. Driving

4. Extreme Appreciation for Life!

5. Garden Management

6. Creativity, Poetry & Puns

Social Goals:

1. Accept my new state of being.

2. Make friends and stay social.

3. Grow the best organic medicine to stop the terminal brain diagnosis.

4. Create a journal to document my progress as a record of technique & inspiration.

5. Document my journey with grace and laughter. Have fun!

6. Use my past Athlete and Coaching experience to retrain my brain and use sportswomanship values and ethics at all times.

-----------Let the brain experiment BEGIN!----------

novemberalzheimersawareness.jpg

(Recently updated previous detailed explanation from previous journals to maintain continuity — feel free to bypass)

Experiment Details: To help you understand the barriers I face, here is just a brief quote of symptoms/results that I am addressing on a daily basis. This is updated every journal for accuracy.

*Past 6 months Regression

1. I can't remember if I wrote a specific letter that I found in my email, we have determined I have written it, with a specific date, but I cannot remember typing it up for the life of me, still. This was substantial enough to investigate it with my therapist and note in my file.

2. I had a fugue state shopping at Walmart for gardening supplies. I completely forgot where I was and panicked because I thought I was at Cdn Tire. I had no idea where I was or how I got there and my husband had to remind me and calm me down. 

3. My memory fog has slightly increased since stopping my last journal, not remembering that my husband just handed me a drink, I put it down, then ask him for my tea again, again and again. Repeated odd behaviours like this are still continuing but we are still laughing them off. It's HIGHlarious, you gotta laugh. 

4. I have started to have random leg spasms at night. Uncontrollable flexing that cause tension in my soccer muscles. I am able to stretch and walk, but this is something fairly new that started in the last few months.

*Old Regression to grade 4 behaviours, asking for recess sandwiches from grade 4, speaking the odd French word or phrase instead of english. In grade 4 I was in French immersion, so I am remembering conversational French now. See previous journals for reference. 

-----------More barriers to overcome------------

Headaches - Headaches are my biggest enemy, but my migraines feel like I'm wearing a shrinking helmet.

Speaking Difficulties - I stutter when I can't find the word I need to say. I slur my speech after a huge day of brain activity. When people interrupt me, I don't care to get my point across because I've most likely forgotten what we are talking about. 

Confusion — I am experiencing confusion in day to day conversations. Can't count the times I have forgotten what I've just been talking about. It takes away from my credibility and makes me feel dumb. In most casual conversations, I don't actually understand what the person is telling me, so I fake understanding and laugh and move along the way in order to avoid awkwardness on my part. 

Knowing that I have a cognitive barrier, I use screenshots to learn how to grow and make oil. What some people may understand, it may take me a month to understand. But I am great with visuals and lots of patience to problem solve. Ice on my head will help during these times.

Changes in Personality - I am hypersensitive and over apologize and thank people for everything. My husband says I'm too nice.

Dizziness - I have spatial issues, bumping into things and dropping my drink, are making me slow down when doing physical things. There has been no improvement yet, but I think the more severe symptoms will take a while to be affected by the oil. I still believe I can recover my sense of balance.

Difficulty Processing Information — Must stimulate my 5 senses daily in order to stay active. In order to keep my brain functioning, I have increased my learning curve and have achieved roughly 5000 hours of 420 study in one year. This is 3x more than my previous learning goals before this disease hit. Because I'm still high functioning but with brain damage, I continue study and research because it's the best way to regenerate brain cells and is a familiar process to me. If I can regenerate FASTER than the degeneration, I should be able to stop ALZ or prevent it from getting worse.

Fighting fire with knowledge, creates new cells and gives me power. When people talk to me, it's very difficult to remember everything they say. But if I have a visual cue I am able to solve problems. Being on the forum has allowed me to read at my own pace without anyone detecting how long it takes for me to truly understand. 

Despite the long feel of 2 years in this grow brain rehabilitation; I'm still researching scientific terms that relate to Neuro Genesis that even baffles my husbands' understanding. I'm on the right path. Wouldn't it be ironic IF I was to beat ALZ by studying it and learning from it?

IMG_3657aE.jpg

-------------HOW?---------------

This is how I plan to attack ALZ and learn to address my biggest brain deficiencies. 

1. Headaches (Confusion, Dizziness & Speaking Difficulties) — CBD/THC OIL & Study

2. Language aka Growing Processes (Confusion, Headaches, Speaking Difficulties & Changes in Personality) — Read out loud the posts to learn how to speak without a stutter. Find peace in the growing and oil making processes. Stop being so hard on myself.

3. Math aka Formulated Nutrients (Confusion, Headaches & Speaking Difficulties) Posted up a feeding schedule that takes away the guess work and requires simple arithmetic in my brain.

4. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks (Headaches, Confusion, Changes in Personality & Speaking Difficulties) Journaling is the best task to initiate overall regeneration of the brain.

5. Socially Awkward to Social Butterfly (Confusion, Depression, Changes in Personality & Speaking Difficulties) Socialize with growers the way I want to be treated. With respect.
Your support will help me get through one of the best and biggest traumatic experiences in my life. Can't hide the crazy happening, I can only make the best of it and make FUN of IT.

"We all have experience advocating for our own mental health by addressing our depression, anxiety, FTD, ALZ, PTSD, Grief, Trauma from Abuse, just to name a few, through this 420 study network aka each other. We are honest people with honest stories of resilience and the power to change our own lives through research, study and advocacy. "Lady G

Journal update coming up soon. ;):thanks:

IMG_371620.jpg

------------------Welcome Home Brainiacs!-----------------

Let the positivity flow ladies and germinations...;)

re: Neuro Genesis Study to Grow Dreams & Meds

I'm here! Ready for the revolution!

Lady G. is back with her grace and style intact.....Welcome back; you certainly were missed!

For a high CBD clearheaded strain I would highly recommend 'Cannatonic'; born and bred in my state of MI and has won and placed in the US Cannabis cups multiple times....my patients go crazy for it and I can't grow it fast enough.

Again, welcome back....looking forward to OILzheimers 2.0....

I'm here! Ready for the revolution!

You're so very welcome here, the revolution has begun...:thanks:

Good to see you back Lady G. Your determination is inspiring.

Cheers friend.

* Thank you for joining me again, our resilience is shared I assure you. :thanks:

Lady G. is back with her grace and style intact.....Welcome back; you certainly were missed!

For a high CBD clearheaded strain I would highly recommend 'Cannatonic'; born and bred in my state of MI and has won and placed in the US Cannabis cups multiple times....my patients go crazy for it and I can't grow it fast enough.

Again, welcome back....looking forward to OILzheimers 2.0....

*Thank you Shawnee, I really appreciate you being here. Look at that, I learned something new already. A new strain for my research. Thank you kindly, geez, this is great. :thanks:

I knew youd youd back before long, great to see your smiling face lol....this, like us all.....is in your blood. Let's get growing shall we!

Welcome back, Lady G! I like the new moniker. Thanks to DW?

Have you heard of or tried Headband for your migraines? I've heard it's the best strain for migraines.

:circle-of-love:

I knew youd youd back before long, great to see your smiling face lol....this, like us all.....is in your blood. Let's get growing shall we!

*If I wasn't hopelessly devoted to my 420 family, I don't know where I'd be. Hey, you are right, it's in the blood for sure. Smiles for miles Guy. ;) You know it. Love hard, fight hard, grow harder etc. hahahaha

Welcome back, Lady G! I like the new moniker. Thanks to DW?

Have you heard of or tried Headband for your migraines? I've heard it's the best strain for migraines.

:circle-of-love:

*Thank you HG! DW, gave me the moniker, it's a combo with a side a fries...hahahaha. DW is an abv for Ditchweed, it's just so hard to spell names out for me.

*Headband - this is my research,

"One of the most visually-striking samples we've received, with quite the potency punch, as it knocked our review staff for a bit of a loop with its trippy effects full of hallucinations and a head-spinning initial attack. Once it calmed down a bit though it provided great mood elevation, relaxation, and mild pain relief."

It's a 60/40 Sativa and would probably give me a buzz lightyear effect and knock me off my rocker. But thanks for suggesting...hahahaha

Welcome back soul sista ...

*Thank you GN30 my brother from across the pond where his green is surely to grow soon. ;):thanks:

Wishing you sunshine and peace.

FP. :peace:

*Thank you, brother FP sooooooo much. Seems like it's been ages, but it's only been a little bit. Happy now that you are here. :thanks:

I couldn't imagine not being here! Welcome back, Sis! It does my heart so much good to see you here again. And...with people who you love and whom love you in return.
I brought some cold Cokes and cheesy poofs over. :thumb: 😉

I'm joining in the fun! And the learning! And the sharing! ♫And whatever comes our way!♫

*ooooo love your little music notes there. Thank you for joining along for the wild ride. I'll meet you In The Shed for shhhmokies...tehehe.:circle-of-love:

I couldn't imagine not being here! Welcome back, Sis! It does my heart so much good to see you here again. And...with people who you love and whom love you in return.
I brought some cold Cokes and cheesy poofs over. :thumb: 😉

*Awwwww shucks Grandpa, you really nailed it. I have grown to love some very special people here. Couldn't imagine my life without them, especially you. Plus you're kinda stuck with me now since we're family and all. Looking forward to sharing some more good times with you brother Grandpa...lol. :Namaste:

An article I found on 420 Magazine. Ironic that patients are the leading force behind Cannabis as a primary source of medicating yet it's against the law enforced by those whom are healthy.

-------------------------------This article reminds me of Shawnee's story---------------------------------

A few times a day, 92-year-old Lucy Hanson takes a little capsule; in it is medical marijuana.

“They call it my happy pill and I call it my happy pill,” Hanson laughs.

It’s hard to believe when you talk to her now but, four years ago, Lucy was confused, falling down and speaking gibberish. She often lay in bed and would make no eye contact with her family or friends.

Her daughter brought her to a neurology clinic where specialists ran diagnostic tests and looked over all of her medications. They said the problems were not with her prescription drugs.

“They came back with a diagnosis of advanced dementia,” said her youngest daughter Tania Hanson DeYoung, adding “We thought we’d only have her for another six months.”

Enter Eloise Theisen, a geriatric nurse-practitioner who specializes in medical cannabis. Theisen is on the team at Green Health Consultants.

“Seniors are the fastest-growing demographic of cannabis users,” explained Theisen.

Theisen weaned Lucy off some medications and then put her on cannabidiol or CBD, for short.

CBD is a non-intoxicating form of cannabis that’s derived from hemp.

The change in Lucy was remarkable.

“Lucy’s had one of the most dramatic responses,” remarked Theisen.

“I got my mother back,” said Hanson’s daughter Tania.

“I know it sounds crazy but it seems like I was given back a life,” exclaimed Hanson.

KPIX has spoken to several different caregivers who recount similar experiences.

“I would give her a couple of hits of cannabis off a little glass pipe,” said Steve DeAngelo, who heads up Harborside, a medical cannabis dispensary.

DeAngelo’s late mother had Alzheimer’s, a progressive neuro-degenerative disease. He says cannabis helped her.

“She would stop frowning, she would start smiling and she would be less physically agitated,” said DeAngelo.

“It was really an overnight miracle,” exclaimed Basil Shaaban.

Basil and his brother Farah saw it with their own eyes. Their mother Tagrid was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s Disease about eight years ago.

As her symptoms worsened, doctors put her on anti-psychotic drugs.

“She was already in a pretty fragile state and these drugs came in and they literally destroyed her … whatever she had left of her,” said Farah Shaaban.

The brothers convinced family members to let them try CBD. Their mother’s personality returned and her agitation and insomnia disappeared.

“We were so relieved that she would finally be able to sleep,” Farah Shaaban remembers.

Tagrid is off anti-psychotics and her doctors were curious.

“Now a year later they’re consulting with us to try to understand what it is that we did and how they can learn from it and apply it in their own practice,” Basil Shaaban said.

The Shaaban brothers tried different strains of CBD and finally settled on one that worked the best: they call it “Tagrid’s Strain.”

Now, an intriguing preliminary report out of a prestigious research institute suggests cannabis may actually protect the brain.

“We were looking at botanicals,” said Dr. David Schubert, with the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla.

Schubert studies neuro-degenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s.

“It’s just a really horrible disease. There is no reasonable therapy. There is nothing that can slow it down,” said Schubert.

In a dish in his lab, Schubert and his team grew nerve cells taken from a human brain.

They were altered to produce high levels of a toxic protein linked to Alzheimer’s disease.

The protein known as amyloid beta builds up within the neuron, causing inflammation, and killing it.

“So inflammation is a major driving force,” said Schubert.

The scientist then exposed the neurons to cannabis. He found cannabis cleared away the toxic protein.

It stopped the inflammation from inside the neuron and that allowed the brain cells to survive.

“It’s a very important discovery,” says Dr. Michael Weiner, who conducts Alzheimer’s research at the San Francisco VA Medical Center.

“This is a very promising area of research and should be explored,” said Weiner.

Weiner said until good clinical studies are done in humans, people should not try to take marijuana for a medical benefit.

One major problem: cannabis remains illegal under federal law, making it tough to study.

Schubert believes that has slowed progress.

“It’s slowed it down a tremendous amount,” Schubert said.

Lucy Hanson’s daughter is convinced.

“She’d be dead if we had waited for it to be carefully studied, my mom would be dead,” said Tania.

As for Lucy? “Don’t you dare take it away from me,” she laughed.

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Researchers Investigate Cannabis Compounds to Treat Dementia << CBS San Francisco
Author: Betty Yu
Photo Credit: Getty Images

So this is my writing of thoughts backwards.

"An article I found on 420 Magazine. Ironic that patients are the leading force behind Cannabis as a primary source of medicating yet it's against the law enforced by those whom are healthy. "

After I published it I realized it should read like this. So here it is rewritten.

"I found an article on 420 Magazine. Healthy individuals are enforcing laws preventing Patients from using Cannabis as their primary source of medicating.

just thought it was interesting to show how I write out my thoughts backwards then correct them to read in proper flow. It takes me twice as long to write out my thoughts but still worth it in the end. Inside my head again...;)

-------------------

WELCOME DB!!!:Namaste:

Here with a smile that you are back girl. Let me know if you need anything. I'm here for ya

So this is my writing of thoughts backwards.

"An article I found on 420 Magazine. Ironic that patients are the leading force behind Cannabis as a primary source of medicating yet it's against the law enforced by those whom are healthy. "

After I published it I realized it should read like this. So here it is rewritten.

"I found an article on 420 Magazine. Healthy individuals are enforcing laws preventing Patients from using Cannabis as their primary source of medicating.

just thought it was interesting to show how I write out my thoughts backwards then correct them to read in proper flow. It takes me twice as long to write out my thoughts but still worth it in the end. Inside my head again...;)

-------------------

WELCOME DB!!!:Namaste:

Like peeking inside my own head a little bit there. I think and write in a similar
fashion. I am forever trying to figure out what I actually want to say.

I do figure it out sometimes, though. Those are good times indeed.

Cheers friend.

I absolutely adore you, G2HM.....keep the great stories coming.....I am going to see my mom on Thursday......thinking of taking some of the Cannatonic to her to try.....you continue to inspire and motivate me..... :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom