OG Ghost Train Haze & Strawberry Amnesia - T5 Veg - 2000W Flower - SIP Hybrid System

GrnRm

Took cuttings 7 days ago now, (6 OGGTH and 6 SA), so they are still in the propagation tray. I use regular old Jiffy Peat Pellets, and EZ-Clone rooting compound. All water is filtered through a Chlorine + Sediment filter with a UV Sterilizer, and no nutes are added while rooting. The tray was under a single low watt LED for the first 3 days, and is now under an 8 bulb T5 with a few seedlings. Once they show roots and get transplanted into 1 gal grow-out pots, I will update with any changes.
1210171825b.jpg

Re: OG Ghost Train Haze + Strawberry Amnesia, T5 Veg, 2000W Flower, SIP hybrid system

2000_WATT_SIP_LAYOUT1.png

The system that these ladies will finish out in, in the 2000W Room

Nutrients will be added into the Control Rez, and the Main Rez will be kept Ph'd only

Re: OG Ghost Train Haze & Strawberry Amnesia - T5 Veg - 2000W Flower - SIP Hybrid Sys

So, a buddy of mine has suggested finding an alternative to peat moss in a wicking soil mix for this round of girls. His opinion is that, peat moss better supports fungal inhabitants over beneficial bacteria. I have used peat moss in all of my soil runs, and never thought I had any issues (this was at the very beginning of my gardening adventure, so who actually knows if I had unseen issues, I'm sure I did...) He's been growing for a number of years, and his yields definitely beat mine... Any thoughts...?

Re: OG Ghost Train Haze & Strawberry Amnesia - T5 Veg - 2000W Flower - SIP Hybrid Sys

You can tell that it's been a while since I've cloned... Pretty sure I've had the pellets too wet. I'm also using a rapid rooted tray with a foam float for the pellets. I removed the water in the base of the tray to dry the pellets out some. Then I'll only spray the pellets as needed, to hopefully get the roots to start searching for water. It's been 9 days since they went into the pellets.

Clones survived the night with no water in the tray, the pellets have noticeably dried, and I'm just hitting the pellets with a spray bottle as needed now until they go into grow out pots. The soil mixture being used has been adjusted to decrease the % of Peat Moss down to 24%, and is sitting until planting time. I will be ordering the General Organics nutes in about a week, so they should get here in about 2 weeks. Organic Soil plus Organic Hydro... I'm not preaching anything new either... this will just be my version of the "octopot, or Alaskan Grow Bucket", whichever you choose. I like to tinker too much.

Made a few improvements to the cloning situation. The trays now sit atop one of the 8 bulb T5's, so far keeping the trays between 70-75*F. I still have to monitor the humidity manually, but that isn't too much of an issue. And, now with the PVC frame , I hung 4 - 2ft T5's over the trays, with the option to turn individual lights on and off.
1217171517a.jpg

You're more than welcome to tag along JustMeds, the more the merrier!

Six of the young ladies graduated (based on root structure) to 3qt pots today, 3 OG, and 3 SA. They are being replaced just as fast with new clones!
1225172122.jpg

Just a peek at the next round getting started in the new clone / seedling cabinet. The front row is 2 Fem Tree Top, and 1 Fem Sweet Black Angel. The rest are Reg (I believe) Girl Scout Cookies x Gorilla Glue.
0101182321.jpg

The clones are really starting to show rapid vegitative growth now. The seedlings have settled into the new box and are starting to put on some growth.
0107182325.jpg
0107182326.jpg
0107182325c.jpg
0107182325a.jpg
0107182322.jpg
0107182322a.jpg

Thanks JustMeds! The clones will get around 5-6 more weeks of veg time, before they flip. Giving me around three months to take my time training the seedlings. I'm not too big on aggressive training methods... I tend to break too many branches.

I don't train as aggressive as some. I do like to control how the plants look, it will help in the end whether its a height thing or amount of light you want getting into plant you want to help control.

My last run is the first time I've really gotten into training to fill out a screen during flower. It was a bit of a last minute deal with plants that had been in Veg for 3 months already. I plan on getting a nice full screen with the seedlings.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry everyone, its been a few chaotic weeks around here. We had some complications with Mrs. Green and the baby. All is back to normal now, and it's back to business. I will post an update after work today.

Sorry everybody, we've had a few chaotic weeks here with Mrs. GrnRm and GrnRm Jr. Everything is back to normal now, and I will keep the updates coming. During my hiatus, the girls have been steadily growing, and have been transplanted into their final 5 gallon pots. I doubled up the net pot in the base to prevent as much particulate as possible from getting into the system. I then made a cup of coco
mulch, filled with perlite, then covered with more mulch to the top of the net pot. I packed the soil as I added it to the fabric pot, and after adding the plants. A combination of high nitrogen, and slow release organic ferts were added to the new soil. the uniseals were plugged for a week, so that water could be added to the reservoirs. As of yesterday they were moved to the flower room, and the system is now fully assembled. I will post pics of the whole system once the lights come on tonight.
0207181954.jpg
0207181954a.jpg
0207181957.jpg
0207181957a.jpg
0207182024.jpg
0207182024a.jpg

The ladies are about to get a screen. The one can barely hold herself up, probably should have staked her...
1518921374075490945090.jpg

Get some silica you will be able to do chin ups off the branches. RAW makes the one I use.

Back
Top Bottom