Shorti Goes DWC: Xmas Cookies & Mars Reflector 48

HortiShorti

Hello 420magazine! This is my third grow. After an amazing journey in soil, I've decided to make the switch to DWC.

This grow will be confined entirely to a 2x2x4 tent using 1 Mars hydro 300w, a 3.5gal bucket with a 6" net pot lid, and an 2w eco air pump.

I will be using advanced nutrients pH perfect GMB, bud candy, big bud and overdrive. My water source is tap, 7.8 at 150ppm. Despite the claims made by AN, I will ph my mixes.

To protect roots from potentially warm reservoir temperatures, I've got hydroguard by botanicare and flying skulls z7 2 part water treatment.

I am growing a single Christmas Cookies from a regular seed. I understand that I may potentially end up with a male, I am fine with that and intend to harvest pollen for future projects. I also would like to learn the ins and outs of hydroponic growing to have greater confidence when I start throwing feminized beans in cubes.

Anyway, upon arrival Saturday afternoon I threw this baby into a paper towel and was met by a root the next morning. She was then transferred to rockwool and left on a window sill. Sunday night she shed her seed, and Christmas morning I was met by her waving at me hehe.

The cube was then placed in the net pot at half depth and gently covered in hydroton. The nutrient mix was added until water level was roughly 1" from rockwool. I plan to top feed lightly around the rockwool cube until roots hit the red, at which point I will gradually lower the water level.

This is my first hydro grow. Any help, comments or criticisms are encouraged and accepted hehe

Merry Christmas and happy growing!
38d4adec10bddf75e488b00b91712fbd.jpg
77e86469b68c3583a984c5732a4614cf.jpg

re: Shorti Goes DWC - Xmas Cookies & Mars Reflector 48

Hey Shorti I'm in for the hydro grow. You may encounter problems trying to ph your solution with AN. It will almost always self correct after you adjust it. Just a heads up.

Damn penny you're fast! Front row seats

Hey Shorti I'm in for the hydro grow. You may encounter problems trying to ph your solution with AN. It will almost always self correct after you adjust it. Just a heads up.
Thanks for jumping in, PW! And for the info. The reason I'm left with the impression to PH is because at the low strength I'm running it, my solution never goes under 7. I'm hoping that changes as I start raising ec.

I'm not hurting anything dropping it to 5.8 with the down I hope

I'm here Horti! Ain't she cute..
Thanks for joining Newty . she's a wee little plant for sure. Not for long though hehe.

I'm subbed, I just started my first coco grow with advance nutes and I thought about phing the AN also but I'm unsure. I have heard you should ph all hydroponic grows but I have also heard of people not phing the AN and they never had any problems. I'm thinking I will try not to pH unless I start seeing issues. Well anyway I will be back here in the shadows watching, best of luck to you...️

Thanks for joining me for this, UrbanAchiever, SF and EastCoastGhost :) happy to have you all here.

My AN mix corrected overnight to 6.5 so I think I'm just gonna leave it until I raise EC at res change.

My little darling Christina the Xmas Cookie is now 4 days from germination hehe anxiously awaiting roots to hit the bucket so I can really tune her up

Here is an email i received from AN.

The pH Perfect base nutrient has some specific ingredients( chelates, surfactants, amino acids as well as buffers) that increase the pH spectrum to continue the plants ability to absorb nutrients between 4.0 and 8.0 pH without the concern of having to re-adjust the pH so many times, like you would have to with a simple salt formula. You should use a water supply Tap water )providing the ppm value is no more than 150 ppm otherwise you may want to consider using RO water ( which normally has a 0 ppm level.) As far as adjusting pH it is not necessary, the additives will do the work for you. If you have any other questions or concerns please call our Growers Support line at 800-640-9605 as we will be happy to help in any way possible.

Regards

Growers Support

Thanks PW I wondered about that.

And thank you for joining 3g, hope you're ready to see some training inspired by Sammie

Here is an email i received from AN.

The pH Perfect base nutrient has some specific ingredients( chelates, surfactants, amino acids as well as buffers) that increase the pH spectrum to continue the plants ability to absorb nutrients between 4.0 and 8.0 pH without the concern of having to re-adjust the pH so many times, like you would have to with a simple salt formula. You should use a water supply Tap water )providing the ppm value is no more than 150 ppm otherwise you may want to consider using RO water ( which normally has a 0 ppm level.) As far as adjusting pH it is not necessary, the additives will do the work for you. If you have any other questions or concerns please call our Growers Support line at 800-640-9605 as we will be happy to help in any way possible.

Regards

Growers Support
Thanks for that info Pennywise, I'm not going to pH mine after seeing that email. I have seen several grows on here were they had excellent results without phing AN. I used it on one plant in soil and it done good without any deficiencies. I have been using Fox Farm mostly in my soil but now that I'm going to be switching to CoCo for a while I'm gonna change to AN...️

Thanks for that info Pennywise, I'm not going to pH mine after seeing that email. I have seen several grows on here were they had excellent results without phing AN. I used it on one plant in soil and it done good without any deficiencies. I have been using Fox Farm mostly in my soil but now that I'm going to be switching to CoCo for a while I'm gonna change to AN...️
What did penny say a while back.... phing is so last year ...

I don't even own a ph meter .

I hope you fill that tent up..you are using the exact setup i have you know i took my mars hydro apart and cleaned the glass because it looked foggy when looking at it (i know ur not supposed to look at it) but anyway there was a thick fog on it...anyways im subbed for your hydro gro wish you the best of luck...peace B-radd

Back
Top Bottom