BizzBeachbum - BioBizz Soil & Nutes - AutoUtlimate & AutoEuphoria

Bizz Beachbum

· 3 x Auto Ultimate & 3 x Auto Euphoria — from Dutch Passion
· BioBizz Light Mix Soil in 15L Smart Pots
· 2 x 450W ViparSpectra LED and/or 600W HPS
· Temp: 15-25C, RH: 35% — 45%
· Nutes: BioBizz range + Plant Magic CalMag

Introduction: Hey dudes, I'm new to 420 and even newer to growing.
I've spent many happy days in the last few months researching 420 grow journals and guides. I have been inspired by the helpful info and encouraging attitude of our members, and I can't wait to get involved. I've been writing and editing this intro for weeks now, and now that its showtime, I'm a little nervous.

This (my first) journal will be for my second grow - I want to up my yield dramatically by learning from those mistakes made in my virgin grow, use techniques learned from 420 members and take on board new advice along the way. I think that writing a detailed journal will help me keep track of my plan, monitor progress and allow the 420 community to guide and encourage me along the way.

The Cunning Plan to up my yield:
· 3 x Auto Ultimate & 3 x Auto Euphoria — Dutch Passion
· Topping at 3rd/4th node at 14 days (if all going to plan) — ouch, I know
· 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m Grow Tent
· 5" In-Line Fan exhaust, Carbon Filter
· 2 x 450W ViparSpectra LED and/or 600W HPS
· BioBizz Light Mix in 15L Smart Pots
· PHed bubbled water every other day / every day as required.
· BioBizz nutes (½ strength) + Plant Magic CalMag — every other watering.

It might seem as if I have every confidence in what I'm doing, this is an illusion brought on by loads of reading the theory — but, I'm just a noob who will continue to make mistakes. I'm going to follow any advice from experienced growers and will continue to research and learn along the way.

Inspiration: during these long winter nights, while waiting for my current grow to mature, there is no better way of spending your time than with a cuppa tea, a spliff and reading 420 grow journals for inspiration. My research has focused mainly on the set-ups that are close to my preferred options which include LEDs, Autos and BioBizz soil.

:love: Eyes4grandpa - Grandpa's Second Try - Come Join Us!inspirational in every way. Grandpa and Kelly have pulled off a brilliant community grow. Just shows you what perseverance, positive attitude and community encouragement can achieve. I was also introduced to the work of other members through this journal including Grow2HealMe Pennywise imtoasted UrbanAchiever Old TimingMan Derbybud Kingjoe83 TheMadDabber and HappyHouse.
:love: Thebeast27 - Auto Topping LED GrowWow, awesome journal. I found this grow journal quickly as he was using similar gear and medium. I was also introduced to the work of other members through his journal including Atrain, Budworshipper, Cannafan, Spart, SonicDif, 420Amard and Dennise. I will be taking his advice on strain, germination, pot size, medium, topping and watering.
:love: Atrain - A-Train's Advanced Autoflower Feed Schedule— big thanks for this easy to follow nute and watering plan. I invested in the BioBizz nute range before I read his Advanced Nutrients thread (Doh!) but I'm hoping to use his schedule by inserting like-for-like BioBizz replacements. I will also be using his tips for water preparation using a bubble stone.
:love: SweetSue — Medicinal grow and processing guru. Her reputation precedes her.

If anyone in bold above has had that creepy feeling that someone is watching them — it was only me reading your journals. There were others and I apologise if I've left anyone out. Thank you all.

I have my first ever grow going at the moment:
- 4 x Northern Lights Auto (Royal Queen) and 1 x Blue Mammoth Auto (Barneys Farm). They are in late flower and will probably be harvested in 2 weeks time. They suffered from many setbacks through equipment failure and ignorance. I have solved the equipment issue .

Lessons learned from first grow:
· Strain: I've taken on board thebeast27's love of Dutch Passion autos. Chosen two strains known for their plant size and longer flowering-time. Big lesson - Fast growing plants will be bigger at 14 days therefore respond better to being topped. The longer flowing-time means they will have longer to recover from topping and have enough time to take advantage of its benefits.
· Germination, Pots and Soil: for my current grow I used a self-watering, heated germination gadget (love a gadget) and it worked really well with a seed plug. This time I'm going to soak the seeds overnight in warm water first (until tap root breaks through), then pop them in a seed plug in the germination gadget. Once they sprout 1st true leaves then straight into 15L Smart Pots.
· Topping: If all goes to plan and the plants are looking healthy and thriving, then I will top at about 14 days at 3rd or 4th node.
· Nutrients and Watering: On my current grow I did not use nutes until a few plants started showing signs of deficiencies. I'm not experienced enough to diagnose deficiencies with any certainty so for this grow I'm hoping to prevent instead of treat. Going to try follow thebeast27's and Atrain's tips on watering - every other day / every day as required — increase over time — no runoff.

Schedule: my current girls need to finish and clear the tent space but here is an estimate of what will happen when in this grow - fingers crossed everyone

· 27/12/2017 - Order seeds - tick
· 29/12/2017 - soak overnight in water - tick
· 30/12/2017 - pop them in a seed plug in the germination gadget
· 01/01/2018 - Day 1 - Sprout on New Years Day (that would be nice)
· 14/01/2018 - Day 14 - Top
· ??/??/2018 - Day ?? - Harvest

Seeds were delivered today - just 2 days after ordering online. Impressed

So here is the line-up:

3 X Auto Euphoria3 X Auto Ultimate
their names will be:their names will be:
Yolandi Vi$$erLeela Turanga
Number 6Leeloo
Seven of NineLeia Organa

PC290582.JPG
PC290581.JPG

:surf:

Hey BB saw you post around. Hope you are cool with a dude like me subbing up for the adventure ... I brought snacks .

Hey BB saw you post around. Hope you are cool with a dude like me subbing up for the adventure ... I brought snacks .

OMG - TheMadDabber has pulled up a seat. No pressure then. So stoked to have you along dude.

Your ATF / Durban Poison & Lilly mash-up sounds like a dream combo.
I've a long way to go before I can even consider your next-level experiments.

Dipping into the cheesy-poofs that you brought along.

:popcorn: - mmmm cheesy

Yeah I mean I've only completed 1 and 2/3 grow. And am a little over ambitious at times. But like they say go big or don't go at all .

There was no update yesterday - apologies, bit of man-flu (no really, its a real thing). I did feel well enough to do some gardening and take a few photos.

I placed the soaked seeds in damp paper towel.

PC300012.JPG
PC300014.JPG

I also placed 6 seed plugs in luke-warm water - these little wafers expanded over the next few hours.

PC3000061.JPG

PC3000081.JPG

I then placed everything in the germination trays.

PC300015.JPG

I put a heater in the room to get the base temp up.

That was 24 hours ago - and only 1 little tap-root has broken through so far, which makes me nervous - but I'm sure it's common to feel anxious leading up to newborns.

Hope everyone has a great New Year

:party:

Its been 8 hours since first tap root poked its head out. I didn't peek in all that time (watched pot and all that) and my patience was rewarded with 5/6 tap roots breaking through.

One of the AutoEuphoria is a bit slow - it was a very small seed compared to the others so not holding much hope. I have left this pip in the moist paper towel.

For the other 5 - I poked a 1cm deep hole in the seed-plug, I popped in the seeds, root down. And covered each hole with a little of the pellet soil.

As you will see in the pictures below - one of the AutoUltimate seeds' tap root has curled back along the length of the seed, she was planted with the root tip down, therefore upside-down - (hope I've done the right thing here) :hmmmm:

P101000268.JPG
P101000461.JPG
P101000564.JPG

All the best for 2018 dudes - :love: - wishing everyone a good grow.

My mature flowering girls need to finish so I can clear space in the tent. They are 3 x Auto Northern Lights and 1 x Auto Blue Mammoth. They are at 84 days since sprout.

I also have 2 other girls at 59 days
- another 2 x Auto Northern Light. They will share the tent with my seedlings.

My plan is to plant my seed-plugs straight into 15L Smart Pots after first true leaves grow through. But that would make things too crowded if my other girls haven't cleared the tent.

Looking at the trichomes - mostly clear still - and no amber. Need to get this critical stage right so any thoughts on the pic below will be appreciated. This will be my first ever harvest and I'm nervous as harvest window approaches.

201712312154_30.jpg

My mature flowering girls need to finish so I can clear space in the tent. They are 3 x Auto Northern Lights and 1 x Auto Blue Mammoth. They are at 84 days since sprout.

I also have 2 other girls at 59 days
- another 2 x Auto Northern Light. They will share the tent with my seedlings.

My plan is to plant my seed-plugs straight into 15L Smart Pots after first true leaves grow through. But that would make things too crowded if my other girls haven't cleared the tent.

Looking at the trichomes - mostly clear still - and no amber. Need to get this critical stage right so any thoughts on the pic below will be appreciated. This will be my first ever harvest and I'm nervous as harvest window approaches.

201712312154_30.jpg

Have you got pics of the whole plant?

Hey aspiegeek

My bad dude - I should have provided more detail to start with. Here are some pictures of my current girls, and a few close-ups of the most mature lady (the one I took the trichomes pic of).

P10200014.JPG
P10200023.JPG
P10200032.JPG

I'll be taking some more trichomes pics tomorrow - it's a bit tricky with my microscope, doing it on living plants but well worth the results when you get the zoom just right.

Hey aspiegeek

My bad dude - I should have provided more detail to start with. Here are some pictures of my current girls, and a few close-ups of the most mature lady (the one I took the trichomes pic of).

P10200014.JPG
P10200023.JPG
P10200032.JPG

I'll be taking some more trichomes pics tomorrow - it's a bit tricky with my microscope, doing it on living plants but well worth the results when you get the zoom just right.

I'm still seeing quite a few white hairs but it's looking close to me. Maybe to be sure go on the "ask anything" post and see what the guru's think as they'll be able to say 100%. .

Great looking plant bro tho

Back
Top Bottom