Van Stank's Nukehead Sponsored Grow

Happy New Years to 420 and anyone who might browse this forum. The Stanks are starting the new year off in a Nuclear fashion with the signature strain from Nukehead. First I want to apologize for the delay in getting into this grow. It was my original intent to grow this at the end of last year. But after a brutal battle with mites last year and some family issues that needed to be addressed, we decided it best to wait until the last harvest was complete and we were able to clean the tents completely of the mite infestation. The downstairs is finally cleaned and we are ready to roll!!

Grow environment

We will be growing indoors. I have a 2'x2'x4' tent with a Mars Hydro 600w Full Spectrum LED (pulls 265 watts from the wall), and a 4" inline carbon filter/fan with 2 small fans in it downstairs. I also have a work table with a 4' 8 bulb T5 that pulls 432 watts from the wall with all 8 bulbs on, 216 watts with only 4 bulbs. When its time to flower, I will be moving the plants upstairs to the 4'x4'x6' Vivosun tent.

The Flower tent currently has (1) Perfect Sun Dwarf Star LED (pulls approximately 230 watts from the wall) and (1) Viparspectra PAR600 12 band LED (Pulls approximately 280 watts from the wall), a 6" inline fan/carbon filter, and 3 fans. I intend to upgrade to the Fluence SPYDRx Plus LED at some point in the next 2 months (before flipping to flower).

Medium

I will be starting the seedlings by soaking in water for 12 hours and then going into wet paper towels. Once the taproot appears, I will be planting them in clear solo cups with about 1-2 inches of Stank Soil (my homemade organic soil) topped with Bushdoctors Coco-Loco. The clear cups will be placed inside red solo cups to protect the roots from the light, but still allow me to monitor the root development and determine when I want to transplant. I will transplant to 1 gallon pots and then will up-pot to 7 gallon pots. Both the 1 gallon and 7 gallon pots will have the bottom half filled with Stank Soil and topped with BushDoctors Coco-Loco.

My soil is a water only soil that I will occasionally augment with different compost teas depending on where the plant is in the grow. I may or may not need to use a occasional dose of Cal-Mag throughout the grow. Hopefully with bigger pots this grow, I won't need to use the Cal-Mag

Strain

Nukehead from Nukeheads. The Nukeheads are feminized seeds.

Nukeheads graciously offered me the opportunity to do a sponsored grow and hopefully showcase what their signature strain can do in living organic soil. Nukeheads also sent a few of their Skunk strain, Purple Kush, and Orange Cream. I will grow those other strains out in a different journal as I get to them. This journal will only be for their Nukehead strain. I don't know much at all about the genetics in Nukehead so I guess will all get to discover it together.

Water

I will be watering with tap water pH'd down to 6.5 throughout all phases of the grow.

Lets get this show on the road. So I started out by looking at the 6 Nukehead seeds and I selected what I felt looked to be the 2 best looking and healthiest seeds of the bunch. I soaked them for about 10 minutes in some water and hydrogen peroxide (4:1 ratio) to kill anything that might have been lingering on the shell of the seed.

Nukehead #1
010318_Seeds_2.jpg

Nukehead #2
010318_Seeds_1.jpg

Soak in water with Hydrogen Peroxide
010318_Seeds_4.jpg

After I let them soak for 10 minutes, I put them in their own bowls of water on the heating pat and have them soaking. You can see what I described with the clear solo cup inside the red solo cup. This is my preferred method for watching seedlings before transplanting them. It lets me see if there is any condensation

You can also see the cup on the left hand side. I came across a seed for Star Pupil (Thanks Growchy) that got a bit damaged during shipping. I don't know if it will germinate or not but I decided to plant it right in the damp soil and see what happens. I will be surprised if it germinates but it won't hurt to give it a shot.

010318_Seeds_7.jpg

Hopefully both of the Nukehead seeds will germinate quickly. I will be doing main-lining training on these girls. No SCROG for this grow.

How did you beat me? I was sitting right next to him lol
I'm physic....errr psychotic..... physicist....

I read minds

Lol

1st page....., just in time! Can't wait to see that Fluence in action. So what's the idea behind top dressing with the coco?

I'm in my friend

Looks like Chris beat Ms Stank out by a smidge for the number 1 seat! Thanks for stopping in brother.

Chris might have the number 1 seat but he don't get to sleep with me!!

I’m here!! Awesome new seeds you got germing there mate. .

Hey NS, thanks for swinging by brother! Welcome! I know I haven't had the time to swing by your journal since I got home from the holidays but I will make it over there at some point soon LOL.

Subbed! NukeHeads!

Welcome Growchy....glad to have you here. Do you by any chance know the flower time on the Nukehead?

Hey Stanks here I am. Here we growwww!!!

Hey Dabber, great to have you here and in the front row brother.

1st page....., just in time! Can't wait to see that Fluence in action. So what's the idea behind top dressing with the coco?

Hey Guy, glad you made it.....and first page to boot! I can't wait to get that light. I am about halfway there in savings so I figure about the time I flip these Nukeheads I should have it.

As for the layering with Coco-Loco it stems from a conversation I had with Phil from KindSoil. He likes to do it because it gives the plant a light nutrient base with the coco-loco when they are young and their roots are pushing down towards the richer soil. He said it also gives a plant the chance to feed in the lower soil where most of your nutrients are in Organic Soil while leaving behind the top half that the plant can use for water uptake. Its the method I tried and liked so I am going to use it again.

Sweet, another VS adventure, this time with Nukes! Count me in

Glad that you found the trail I left at the other place brother! Nukes for everyone!!

Thats ok stank, Sometimes the background is Where you need to be and you Will find the spotlight in my journal soon ;) lol

Thanks brother! I will get there eventually!!

Ok cool. I was just thinking to myself that I finally got most of my amendments in and now you have gone and changed your recipe LMAO. Sounds like I might be able to use this second bag of House and Garden coco then..... I can always top dress the top of my pots with it too.

Besides......Dabs promised to share the popcorn as long he didn't have to pass it backwards lol.....

Ready for some more learning!!

Hey Neiko, thanks for joining us on this ride brother.

Ok cool. I was just thinking to myself that I finally got most of my amendments in and now you have gone and changed your recipe LMAO. Sounds like I might be able to use this second bag of House and Garden coco then..... I can always top dress the top of my pots with it too.

Besides......Dabs promised to share the popcorn as long he didn't have to pass it backwards lol.....

Ready for some more learning!!

LOL....no I didn't change my soil recipe brother. I am doing everything the same as I did last grow, just no SCROG this go around. Going to go with main-lining, at least for these two seeds. I might try a few different things on the perpetual strains which I will be starting in a week or so.

Flowering time of NukeHead..... hmmmmm well so far three weeks isn’t enough time lol so I’ll let you know in five or six weeks how long mine took as I’ve been unable to acquire that info. I’ll see if I can find out over at The Nuke site.

Yeah if you can find anything out, that would be great. I am kind of running with the 60-70 day range unless I hear otherwise. A bit more accurate range will help me with the schedule for the perpetual.

Update

Woke up this morning to the snow and wind blowing like crazy. Went downstairs to check the Nukehead seeds and both had sunk. I placed them in damp paper towels inside a zip lock bag. I did not scuff the seeds before I put them in water so I am a bit surprised that they sank that quickly. We are off to a good start. Pics will follow later. For everyone in the North East, stay safe and stay off the roads!

I'd say, and I'm no expert, but I do play one on tv

Flower them till they are done

BAM!!!!!!

Im here all week folks, be sure and tip your waitress

Back
Top Bottom