Anna's 3rd Time's A Charm: Fresh Start, Dr Kripplings

Annabanana

My last journal attempt was scuppered by bad quality seeds. Now...after 6 orders and a nearly 3 month, frustrating wait, I've finally received some decent seeds.(Thanks to The Vault & The Seedsman!) So I'm gonna give it another whirl:

SEEDLINGS: 10 x Incredible Bulk (Dr Krippling) FEM
7 x Mong-U-Mental (Dr Krippling)FEM
1 x Red Dragon (Barneys)(freebie)FEM
1 x Killer Kush (RQS?)(freebie)FEM

SPACE: Tent 2m x 2m x 2 m

LIGHTS: 3 x '900w' Meizhi LED's
1 x COB? (haven't bought yet but will before Flower phase)(any suggestions welcomed)
* have not gone with the HPS 600w's this Grow because IMHO they're too hot for Summertime in Australia.

ENVIRONMENT: 3 x small oscillating fans
1 x massive, super strong oscillating fan for flowering
1 x 6" inline exhaust
2 x large My CO2 mycelia bags

MEDIUM: Coco/perlite

POTS: 5 gallon Grow Bags

NUTRIENTS: (Advanced Nutrients)
pH Perfect Micro, Grow, Bloom
Rhino Skin
B52
Piranha.
Tarantula
BigBud Coco
Bud Ignitor
X Factor
Bud Candy
Overdrive
Cal/Mag (Liquid Bloom)
Root Excelurator (H&G)

ACCESSORIES: pH digital reader
ppm digital reader
Thermometer/Hygrometer
Air pump/air stones for water reservoir
Water pump/sprayers (but will most likely stick to hand watering!)

9022CBF6-7EF7-4B27-B8B0-C2A1607EA833.jpeg
F4BF3A33-07CC-42A5-91BB-6E451FC86805.jpeg

Subbed can't wait to see how ur grow goes and awesome for another Aussie to be here

Thanks & welcome! I will be updating more often when the girls are at a more interesting age/stage. And please feel free to post suggestions, corrections, contributions or questions...although my indoor growing experience is limited, you never know who might see the query and pipe in.

Here is today’s photo update. Nothing much to report, except a couple of Incredible Bulk seedlings looking droopy. I am feeding them on 450ppm of pH Perfect M,G,B and Rhinoskin, B52 and Piranha.

I forgot to include (in the list of AN products I have):
Sensizyme
Carboload.
The only AN additive I have any prior experience with is Sensizyme, so if anyone has used any of the other products, please tell me about your experience with them? Or opinion of them?
And any suggestions about how/when to use them would be very much appreciated.
AAB663A3-805B-48B7-9493-E965A88C2B13.jpeg
79E8E115-A8D1-4B13-8D44-39E6D4BE28D9.jpeg

Anytime.. won't b long now before they start booming.. I c ur in coco the only tip I can give is u can water as often as u like and that's great to get the veg cycle up and running and I'd say u wouldn't wanna go over 80cm from the floor when flowering otherwise u end up with lights touching buds or getting to warm lots of lst and tops... oh and reject shop has great pots for coco jump over to my thread for more... saves a lot on the geo pots 25l basket $3 big saving or there's 8-9l ones for 2$ :) and best thing with them cheap and the light chux u just pull them out to plant them again the roots will grow straight through when you have coco on both sides :)

Anytime.. won't b long now before they start booming.. I c ur in coco the only tip I can give is u can water as often as u like and that's great to get the veg cycle up and running and I'd say u wouldn't wanna go over 80cm from the floor when flowering otherwise u end up with lights touching buds or getting to warm lots of lst and tops... oh and reject shop has great pots for coco jump over to my thread for more... saves a lot on the geo pots 25l basket $3 big saving or there's 8-9l ones for 2$ :) and best thing with them cheap and the light chux u just pull them out to plant them again the roots will grow straight through when you have coco on both sides :)
Oh yeah..I saw your ingenious Airpot creations. If I didn’t already have some, I’d be copying yours. Actually, 8 of my fabric pots are made for ice-extraction hash-making. I saw them on eBay and misunderstood! But they worked pretty well for growing I discovered. I’d really like to try a scrog this time but I’ll need to DIY one so I’ll have access to all the plants. Not easy when you’re not DIY savvy.

What I would do is get some air stone rings or ring watering device hooked up to a hose that you would water throug can then either hook up to a pump and timer or just put a funnel in the top and water through :) if all 8 stay female your going to have fun getting to the ones in the back of the tent... remember once scroged u won't be able to up pot sizes.. then use that plastic mesh from Bunnings and cable tie that to the sidewalls of the tent.. in say that I haven't don't a scrog myself..

And damn I'd be getting them outta the hash bags just so I could use them to make hash at the end lol
And the big pots I'm using ATM would be the same size as 15gal geo pots (I have one but dunno if I'll end up using it) but come flower I think u will find it easier to keep hydrated in a larger pot as my small diy airpot started becoming to root bound imo for good uptake of nutes...

My Flower Tent is 4 square meters. I did have a Veg Tent of 1.4 square meters and am planning on replacing it. I used a T5 in that though.

Will you use COB in veg tent and use 3pcs of 900W MiZhi in flowering tent?

subbed.

antipodean as well. ocean sunset side :) second grow, lazy, so keeping it simple. :) took me a while to get going as personal circumstances mean absolutely could NOT import seeds like you seem to have done. Got some White Widow x ?? from a local breeder though and they do me nicely. Have good seed stack now of regular and i think feminised seed. Have a "puddle of green" grow getting under way at the moment to test germination rate and % female. Yup, a geek who likes to tinker. :)

Good luck and have fun. :)

subbed.

antipodean as well. ocean sunset side :) second grow, lazy, so keeping it simple. :) took me a while to get going as personal circumstances mean absolutely could NOT import seeds like you seem to have done. Got some White Widow x ?? from a local breeder though and they do me nicely. Have good seed stack now of regular and i think feminised seed. Have a "puddle of green" grow getting under way at the moment to test germination rate and % female. Yup, a geek who likes to tinker. :)

Good luck and have fun. :)
Thanks, Phil.
I’m an ocean sunset side also. The West is The Best, I believe. It took me 3 months to finally get some seeds thru Customs this time and atm, im having serious problems keeping my little girls alive. My first couple of grows were so easy and the last two have been pretty disastrous. I’m germinating more seeds presently to give it another shot.
Regards & Respect
Anna

Will you use COB in veg tent and use 3pcs of 900W MiZhi in flowering tent?

Hey Sara
I’m having serious issues keeping my seedlings alive and have no idea why. My previous grows were problem free so I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. The lights are the only real difference in setups. I’ll contact you when I need a 4th light. Thanks, Sara.

O.K. So it’s Day 10 for The Incredible Bulks and Day 6 or so for The Mong-U-Mental. BUT most of them are dead! They started getting yellow leaves and wilting. I transplanted the best of them yesterday in an effort to save them. I’m feeding them pH Perfect M,G,B and CaliMagic at a total of about 450-500. Too strong perhaps?
34477F74-8BD0-4938-98CE-4EED00DFD199.jpeg
E0CB8FD1-ECE6-45D4-9FCA-DA266F456349.jpeg
421406B5-023C-4A8B-8098-1020FAED53B3.jpeg

The last one is the only healthyish plant amongst the lot. I’m germinating more seeds atm to start over. Frustrating!!

Subbed, i just started my first plants in coco and im using same nutes as you. I kept coco charged to 350ppm for the first two weeks and then I went up to 375ppm. I like to raise ppm slowly so I can monitor the plant better and when it comes to nutes it's always best to start low and work your way up...️

Back
Top Bottom