Blueberry Kush Journal Vol.1

I began germinating my single seed on january 3rd 2018 . after 12 hours of soaking it in a small bowl ( dark wark cupboard ) i transferred it to the papertowel method and sealed it inside a ziplock bag in the same cupboard beforementioned. After an additional 32 hours taproot exceeded the diamater of the seed so off into the soil she went :) at 1/4 inch deep.

This brings us to January 7th in the photo above! First cotlydons appear and small true leaves shortly after. Partially purple stem, but nonthless looking healthy.

Cute kids ya got there
Appreciate it .. its just the one though. Im hoping to keep my cost low to get my feet wet before investing some significant capital into some hydroponics equipment. So far I love soil, its been easy to work with and everything is going according to plan. My end game is rooting some clones and keeping a mother plant to supply myself with enough smokable to not go bankrupt each month from buying from the compassion shops. We shall see how it goes!

January 13th 2018

So far shes been fairly thirsty, consuming about 4 oz via spraybottle of tap water thats been sitting out for 48 hours and phd to 6.5 using about 20 drops of vinegar in a four litre jug. Today marks 10 days from seed! 5 days from popping up

How is she looking mates?

Looks good

She may not need water every day, I go till it's dry, sometimes 3 days
I've been fairly constant with my waterings and the fan i have in there is blowing slightly on the top of the soil, so its drying out fairly good. Knuckle deep is dry prior to watering :) my aeration is really good too!

Heya squire,, karma sent to you and the wee one

I grow in soil and with cfls as well,, cheers to that. Keep them lights close, as you said, two inches max

P1160568.JPG

And i could not agree more about not watering every day,, Overwatering must be the number one error with new growers, old ones too. Nothing stunts plants like too much water. And, only spraying the top does not get moisture down at the bottom where that tap root is going.

I recommend a watering from the bottom, putting the pot in a bowl of water for a bit,, only put so much water in,the bowl and let the pot sit in there till a bunch of the water dissappears

What I do anyway,, then let the pot sit, for days maybe, with an occasional misting on top, only to moisten the top, not to add more water

Again, karma sent,, if the soil is shiny, then its too wet,

Heya squire,, karma sent to you and the wee one

I grow in soil and with cfls as well,, cheers to that. Keep them lights close, as you said, two inches max

P1160568.JPG

And i could not agree more about not watering every day,, Overwatering must be the number one error with new growers, old ones too. Nothing stunts plants like too much water. And, only spraying the top does not get moisture down at the bottom where that tap root is going.

I recommend a watering from the bottom, putting the pot in a bowl of water for a bit,, only put so much water in,the bowl and let the pot sit in there till a bunch of the water dissappears

What I do anyway,, then let the pot sit, for days maybe, with an occasional misting on top, only to moisten the top, not to add more water

Again, karma sent,, if the soil is shiny, then its too wet,
Thanks for the advice Nivek. I'll try a more practical appraoch to watering, so far im having lots of fun! Cheers.

January 14th 2018, 11 days from seed. Starting to see some horizontall growth, maintaining a lot of purple accents. Anyways! Daily pic below!!
264320f405b85e098b054020110741c8.jpg
40a602e76105b816c2f8130e37427bc1.jpg
Looking at the photos now, are the slightly downward part of the leaves a sign of overwatering? Its pretty menial and could be gravity lol

Back
Top Bottom