2nd Grow - 4 Strains - 4x4 Grow Tent - 600W LED - Soil

Brohammer3

Hey everyone! I Finished my first grow back in early december ish and that had to be rushed so didn't veg as long as I would've liked to. Only got about 1.2 ounces last time. Buuuuuut this new grow is going quite well and really haven't had many issues at all, just general issues with using different soil and a slightly different feeding schedule. So let's get down to the details.

Genetics -

2 Super Silver Haze (fem) - from 420
2 Strawberry Kush (fem) - from 420
2 Gold Leaf (fem) - from 420
1 Carmelicious (fem) - from AMS

The Carmelicious girl is the last seed from my 1st grow that I didn't use. I had popped it in a few weeks before the others so it honestly should already be in flower but since one tent, it can wait lol plus I loved how carmelicious turned out last time, great strain for after dinner but definitely not a right before bed strain lol anyways, im babbling.

The other 3 strains are all from 'I love growing marijuana' and the super silver haze is a bit sensitive so I've been feeding it around half strength and just started to normal strength of nutes and no issues after that. All those girls are in 1 gallon square pots and I'll be transplanting to 3 gallon fabric pots today actually. All have shown great growth over the past 3 weeks and all are over 17" and some at around 20" from base of plant. Im going to veg for another week and put em in the dark for 24 hours and onto the new 12/12 cycle.

I chose those strains to have a variety. An Indica Dominant strain, a Sativa dominant strain, and a well balanced hybrid. Next time I think I'll do 2 plants, 1 strain and get them big so it's easier to keep on top of things and less variables that come with multi strain grows.

Soil -

Started in Rapid rooters and then to Fox Farms Light Warrior in solo cups, then into 1 gallon square pots with Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Next is 3 gallon fabric pots in Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

People say it burns their plants but i really haven't had much issue with it. So far no bugs or fungus gnats. So that's a plus.

I also add expanded clay pellets for better oxygen retention so the chance of accidentally drowning them is less likely and so far I'm digging it.

Environment/Grow Space/Lights -

Started in a 18x30x36 grow tent under a 2 ft 4 lamp T5 grow lights. 6000k T5 lights.

Currently in my Vivosun 4x4x6.5 grow tent under a 600W Viparspectra LED. Loving it, runs quiet and cool and seems to be a very good light so far. Eventually I may get a larger LED like their 1000W version.

Nutrients -

Fox Farms Trio: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom.
Great White Mykos
Recharge Mykos
General Hydroponics CalMag+
General Organics BioRoot
Bush Doctor Sledge Hammer for flushing

I keep the tent around 70°F to 77°F day and night. Humidity isn't an issue as it's dry where I live so I have to add humidity to keep it around 50-60%, but makes flowering easy to maintain humidity around 40-50% though which is nice.

All water going in is at 6.5 and ppm ofcourse varies on feed schedule but usually follow the fox farms suggested ppm with their trio.

Anyways, I medicated before writing this so sorry for the novel I just wrote haha here's some pics of the girls. I had them on steel wire shelves but since they're going to get twice as tall I just have them on the ground in the tent on some trays so I have more room to maneuver my light up and down if needed. Dammit, I'm babbling again. Haha.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Going to have to do some minor defoliation before I Flip em.

4.jpg

Well, I'll update on here maybe twice a week. Till then, happy growing everyone :)

Just transplanted 4 of the 6 into 2 gallon pots with fox farms Ocean forest. And one super silver haze and one strawberry kush into a 5 gallon fabric pot with fox farms ocean forest. I rearranged the plants and repositioned the light and really filling out that 4x4 tent. Figured I'll veg for 1 more week since there will double in size anyways in the first few weeks of flowering.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Hey everyone, so decided that the girls were far enough along to switch em over to 12/12. So had them in complete darkness for 24 hours and then set them to 12/12 and turned on the bloom switch.

However, i had a Christmas OG (pine OG) in a smaller grow tent under t5 lights and it was in week 2 of flower so decided to move her over to the 4x4 with the rest and also took the t5 light and put it in the 4x4, won't hurt a thing and i could use all the light I can get lol I'll put all four 3000k tubes in there in a few weeks. For now two 3000 k and two 6500k. Also took the 100cfm booster fan and hooked it up to the 4x4 tent since my 6 inch 150ish cfm booster fan is making weird noises and not working right. So although I flipped em, for easier remembering what week and day it'll be, im going to mark this Sunday "the first day of flower" lol

Happy growing everyone . . . . .

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Was gone for a few days, made sure they were watered/fed before I left. And they had grown a few inches, super cropped a few top sites to even out the canopy, only 1st week of flower so wasn't worrying about the super cropping doing any damage, and wanted to open up some of the lower canopy to some light by doing that. Lowered the led light and the t5 light since everything should be acclimated to the new intensity by now after turning on the bloom switch. Temps during lights on are 73-76 and at night I mitigate the lower temps with a space heater. Keeps it around 70°F during lights out.

All the girls are doing good and some of the lower growth started coming up so going to do a bit of lst later and small defoliation on the lower branches. The Carmelicious girl was done a little bit different from the start so definitely bushed that girl out pretty long but very happy with the number of cola sites. Should be a wild next couple of weeks :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Hey guys, just an update on the garden. So I did some minor trimming and cleared up some of the center and the bottom 20% of the plant or so. And for two of them I took off all the mature fan leaves, just as an experiment. I've seen some people who have gotten noticeably bigger yields by stripping it at week 3, and i've never stripped the leaves like that before. So......we'll see if I fucked it up or not lol I've been just following the fox farms feeding schedule and so far is working out fine, no apparent deficiencies or toxicities. This is officially week 3 of flower now...or maybe week 4, shit, gotta start writing this stuff down lol pretty sure week 3, doesn't feel like week 4 yet. Anyways, here's some pictures with lights on and off.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Did some low stress training to even out the canopy. Gotta feed the girls tonight. Not much to update lol just more bud site growth and the ones I leaf stripped are already bouncing back nicely. We'll see the end result yields.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom