Sensi Seeds Hindu Kush In Coco 2018

Southerncough

Greetings fellow growers!
Thought I'd start the new year with a new strain/journal.
Due to the seeds being difficult to obtain I've decided to pop one and possibly clone her to SOG a harvest and go from there.
Because she's not a tropical strain I wanted to run her during our "coolest" time of the year where temps are 50deg at night and 70's during the day. Hope you enjoy following me along this journey and please, if anyone has grown Hindu Kush, please send pointers!

Details...
Strain: Sensi Seeds Hindu Kush (feminized), traditional indica
Seedling in solo cup, just popped first leaves
Set-up:Indoor small tent
Media: coco/chunky perlite (50/50 mix)
Lights: 50W T-5 Flouro to 200W LED
Environment: upper 70's, RH 70%+/-
Nutes: Dyna Gro "Grow and Bloom, ProTekt silica, Magpro, and Recharge for microbial support.
# plants: 1, possible cloning for more.
CO2: Mushroom CO2 box

20180116_142127.jpg

Looks good buddy I'm in straight coco learning advanced nutrients myself. I'll follow along .

This is my 3rd coco grow and I've had the best luck mixing it with perlite.
Some coco brands hold water just right, some a little too much. Also seem to have better luck with the bags of loose coco vs the bails.
Easier to use when you can skip the whole rehydration process and just dump it in your containers.
Trying chunky perlite this go around.
Only disadvantage so far is that unlike the small stuff you get at the big box stores for $8, it only comes in GIANT (4CF) bags for around $45.
But, I'm hoping to use it for more future grows. Was planning to use it to make some big hempy buckets but wound up buying some
15 gal pots instead that my White Rhinos are flowing in.

Day 10 and the little Hindu Kush is chugging along...think I might call her "Hindy"? Hmm..
Put her under a 45W T-5 but think she was getting a little too hot, so moved her to the other side of the tent under the LED and will see how she does there.
Grow big and strong little one!

20180120_191256.jpg

Greetings y'all!
So the little Hindu Kush baby "Hindy" is 2.5 weeks young and starting to find her feet. Was worried she was a little stunted but now she's pushing out her 2nd set of 5 pt fan leaves, so that's good! Maybe another week or two and she could be ready to transplant to a nursery pot.

20180129_204207.jpg

Also, threw in a pic of my White Rhino ladies in their 2nd week of flower (see my other grow journal). Trying really hard to SCROG an even canopy but they are REALLY stretching hard on me at different rates! I've got them bending all over the place so the shorter tops can catch up! Harvest time's going to be real interesting with the web of stems going on in there.

20180129_203131.jpg

Greetings!
It's been a few weeks so here's an update on little Hindy...
She's almost two months old so I LST'd her last week and once her side shoots stretched up some more I took a bunch of cuts. Giving rapid rooter plugs a try, but I think I messed up somewhere along the line so I put some more in my good old oxycloner for insurance. I love how quickly it'll root pretty much everything but still not crazy about the tranplant process to media. A good bit of shock and the roots don't really fill out the container as a clone in a plug would.

Hindy LST'd and bushing out

trying out some cuts in the rapid rooter plugs, but I may have messed up somewhere

Plan "B" cuts in the oxycloner just in case

Hindy's looking thin after donating all those cuts

Greetings,
So it's time to move hindy to flower after several months of veg and taking lots of clones off of her. But
my bloom room is still got a few weeks left on the white rhinos. But...aha! My little veg tent has a little divider that velcro's in!
So today I created a second (small) bloom room where she and the bag seed plant I've had hanging around can flip to 12/12 without having to wait! Once the WR finishes, I'll move them to the bloom room where they'll have more space to stretch out. May take advantage of this setup for a perpetual SOG where I could harvest a little every few weeks...hmmm

Some of hindy's daughters have rooted both in the RR plugs and the bubble cloner. So I moved them to some small cups of coco to continue their journey. Also, in the background you'll see some thai stick (supposedly) that just moved from solo cups to #1 pots. Will veg them out until they fill the pots out, move them to a #3 and flip them and pull the males as I've heard they can get pretty tall. Would love to grow out more of the thai stick but want to see what all the fuss is about before committing soo much space and time to a low yielding strain. They're supposed to flower for up to 4 months?? yikes
Picked them up as a cheap add on with a recent order and heard lots of good things about the smoke, just not ideal for a small indoor grow but are very heat tolerant and things get hot here!

added another Home Depot LED veg light (they burn WAY cooler than T-5's in a small space)

Hindy and bagseed hanging out in their new flower area.

Transferred the last of the cuttings from the bubble cloner to small cups of coco.
Gotta say this thing is pretty easy to use as long as you can keep the water cool.

Nice little rooted clone. Grow big and strong little one!

All the clones camping out on the top shelf under the home depot grow spectrum LED

So little Hindy is in her second week of flower. She looks weird because I had her stuck in the corner of the little bloom tent and got crowded by the bagseed plant. Had to train and defol her along the way so her form is kinda contorted. But, she's showing some flowers and her daughter clones are doing well, some have graduated from tiny pots to 6x6 square pots...almost ready to go into a SOG in the next week or two!

BUT, I've been noticing that a lot of her new growth is shriveled up and dry...hope she's okay??

Since I wasn't really sure what to do with the bagseed plant since my bloom room is still occupied and I really need the space for my premium strains I decided to put her on the back patio where I can move her inside when the pool guy comes on Tuesdays, etc. LOL

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom