PaintMeGreen's GrennHouse Moby Dick Fem - LED - Soil - First Grow

PaintMeGreen

420 Member
Hello, 420, my name is "PaintMeGreen", I'm from Argentina, and I want to give a huge shout out to everyone in the community, I've been browsing the forums for a while and finally decided to jump right into the fray, sign up, and start my first grow & journal!

Just posted my introduction on the site and a kind user told me it would be a great idea to ask for help and advice directly in the journal area, so that's what I'm about to do. Without further a do, I present to you, the ladies:

20180117_181251.jpg

The gear is:
Bella Vita tent of 1x1x2mts (3.6x3.6x6ft I think),
Piranha 1440w COB LED (16 COBs, has no dimmer but can switch off half the grill) with half the lights on, which is 720w total,
Some argentinian brand of extractors that move 1200m3/h (though they are switched off, found out they do more bad than good atm),
A simple fan.

Soil is my local growshop's own mix, has some nice dirt, little to no bark, very present pearlite - I trust these guys, so I know it's not the optimal medium but it's surely a good choice.

Been serving them tap water left over night to burn the chems off.

Put the seeds on paper on the 8th, they germinated very quickly, very strongly, so they were on soil by the 10th. Been in veg so far, 18/6, 1 litre pots. It is summer right now so the temps outside are rough, 34 to 38°C just this past week, by leaving the AC on 23°C 24/7 and using an open tent (that's why the vent system is off) I could manage to keep the temps in it between 26° and 29°C . I've seen some minor heat stress in the plants that I don't know exactly why is happening - I feed them every 2 days, aprox 100ml with corresponding root stimulant (Following and using TopCrop kit and schedule). I'm guessing they need more water per feeding, but obviously I could be wrong hahaha

Anyhow, the thing that worries me the most, even though I'm probably having first time daddy worry-about-every-little-thing-itis, is that I could be doing something spectacularly wrong and killing them in the process, and that's why they look like this.

Leaving some pictures of my lovely seedlings to clarify:
20180116_183449.jpg

20180116_183453.jpg

20180116_183444.jpg

20180116_183434.jpg

Out of the 5 there is one that's perfect, that's why there's no picture haha but I'm worrying about these because of how they look - again, heat stress?

I hope you liked what I have going on here, I sure hope it goes well and I have some fat, tasty buds by the end.

XOXO
PaintMeGreen

Oh, yes, I found two lesser unknown seedlings growing in two different pots, my guess is there was some residue or scrap of seed in the soil, and those managed to give life to those little purple clover like figures. Those were swiftly eliminated :Namaste:

Subbed in :). Welcome to the wonderful world of growing! The babies look healthy to me but if you're getting heat stress it might be worth getting your fan just above the little ones but usually heat stress shows with the leaf edges turning up. If you mean the yellowing it looks like an iron deficiency. Try checking your pH as that may be the problem?

Subbed in :). Welcome to the wonderful world of growing! The babies look healthy to me but if you're getting heat stress it might be worth getting your fan just above the little ones but usually heat stress shows with the leaf edges turning up. If you mean the yellowing it looks like an iron deficiency. Try checking your pH as that may be the problem?

I meant it because of the side curling of the leaves and the upwards curling of the tips, or am I just paranoid?

The yellowing could be misleading, I took the photos with flash under the LED, have to check them under a white light to be sure. Will report back on this.

Also food every two days is bad? Should I give them like a week worth instead? I'd still check them every day, though

I meant it because of the side curling of the leaves and the upwards curling of the tips, or am I just paranoid?

The yellowing could be misleading, I took the photos with flash under the LED, have to check them under a white light to be sure. Will report back on this.

Also food every two days is bad? Should I give them like a week worth instead? I'd still check them every day, though
To be honest it just looks like they are reaching for the light but I would keep en eye on the feeding as you don't want to over feed them. I tend to wait till the soil has dried before I give them another feed myself. Have a look under a normal light and it should give you a better view.

To be honest it just looks like they are reaching for the light but I would keep en eye on the feeding as you don't want to over feed them. I tend to wait till the soil has dried before I give them another feed myself. Have a look under a normal light and it should give you a better view.
I do exactly that, first knuckle test and getting used to the weight method. So far so good, nothing has died hahaha but still I want to do things right, my babies deserve it.

I thought about reaching, maybe 50cm away was too much for them, going to lower the lights some and see how they react.

Thanks a bunch!

Good morning y'all, day 10 of this incredible journey, lowered the lights, aligned the pots to the bulbs and prayed to the gods for a bountiful harvest. Also feeding them proper root enhancer amounts, as per usual.

I'm in love with the weird shapes they are developing, I'll probably name them after Lovecraft's creatures haha

Love and good smokes,

PaintMeGreen

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Ayo, 12th day. Gave them food and went away for a day and a half. Came home to these. Fuck me sideways, dood, this is cray cray hahaha

They grew almost twice their size :O

4.jpg

23th of January

Repotted and FIM'ed every plant. Went from 1 litre to 5 litre pots on the same "growshop's choice" growing mixture soil.

Going for a SCROG setting, but I may just top them this one time, I'm afraid to fuck everything up for playing gardener on my first grow.

House is getting danky from the open tent, and they are not even flowering. I think maybe in 15 days it will be closed tent or death haha

5.jpg

Love and good smokes,
PaintMeGreen

30th of January

The girls are growing FAST.

Been giving them the usual veg nute, and up till yesterday everything eas fine. Now I found some leaves with little markings, some tips appear to have been eaten or cut... spent almost an hour looking for any kind of bug or pest but couldn't find anything at all. It does put me on edge since I want to save them from all harm, but for the life of me, none of them had even the tiniest of bugs, over or under leaves, on the dirt, nothing.

Forgot to take photos and now they are sleeping, but will upload some when I come back from work.

If anyone has any ideas about this please go ahead and comment, I don't want to fuck up the whole venture over some shitty stealthy leaf eater.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom