Spintowin's Coco GSC Auto Grow - 2018

spintowin

Girl Scout Cookies Auto
FastBuds Seed Bank
Predicted THC is 20%+

Greetings and salutations. This will be my very first grow journal and grow so why not share it with the 420magine community! Any advice, constructive criticism, or any general comments appreciated. My plans are to germinate my seeds by late January or early February at the latest.

Environment

Indoor tent size: 2'x4'x5'
Lighting: 6 bulb T5 HO (54 watts/bulb) 324 watts total
Venting: 4" 203cfm inline fan with carbon filter exhausting out top of tent. Passive intake from bottom of tent.

Plant Count: 2
Bucket Size: 5 gallon
Medium: Cyco Coco Pearl (coco coir with perlite)

Nutrients/Additives

1. Advanced Nutrients pH perfect Connoisseur coco grow 2 part A&B
2. Advanced Nutrients pH perfect Connoisseur coco bloom 2 part A&B
3. Botanicare's CAL-MAG
4. Great White Premium Mycorrhizae
5. Dyna-Grow Pro-Tekt (silicon supplement)
6. SuperThrive
7. SLF-100

Girl Scout Cookies Auto
FastBuds Seed Bank
Predicted THC is 20%+

Greetings and salutations. This will be my very first grow journal and grow so why not share it with the 420magine community! Any advice, constructive criticism, or any general comments appreciated. My plans are to germinate my seeds by late January or early February at the latest.

Environment

Indoor tent size: 2'x4'x5'
Lighting: 6 bulb T5 HO (54 watts/bulb) 324 watts total
Venting: 4" 203cfm inline fan with carbon filter exhausting out top of tent. Passive intake from bottom of tent.

Plant Count: 2
Bucket Size: 5 gallon
Medium: Cyco Coco Pearl (coco coir with perlite)

Nutrients/Additives

1. Advanced Nutrients pH perfect Connoisseur coco grow 2 part A&B
2. Advanced Nutrients pH perfect Connoisseur coco bloom 2 part A&B
3. Botanicare's CAL-MAG
4. Great White Premium Mycorrhizae
5. Dyna-Grow Pro-Tekt (silicon supplement)
6. SuperThrive
7. SLF-100
Subbed, looks like you are ready to grow lol, Best of luck to you...️

Getting closer to my first grow. Seeds have arrived. :thumb:
20180119_141400.jpg

Nice strain i have done some of this girls from the same breeder last summer in my tent.
very nice smoke if cured for a month or more,if u can forgot about her eheh.
Have a nice grow man!!
I will follow this journal for sure !!

I'll jump in on this one .

What's up.

I'm
In coco myself week two flower bud feel free to say high offer advice. I'm
Using advanced nutrients ph perfect trio

Nice ladies. Tops for days! Any tips appreciated and thanks for droppin in. :thumb:

I'll grab few links for ya

Here is my journal thread save ya tome in case interested bud

King's Headband 818 - Indoor - Coco - Mars Hydro LED - Winter Grow
King's Headband 818 - Indoor - Coco - Mars Hydro LED - Winter Grow

Here is one of light addicts thread

Also look at his growing in coco thread

Here is a training method
Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal
Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

Welcome spintowin!

I have a 6 light T5HO setup and an empty tent myself. I was going to wait and use it to veg my next set of plants, but I’ve been toying with the idea of trying out some autoflowers. So I’m definitely interested in following along and seeing where you end up with this!

Have a bit of a delay on this grow. I can't keep temps down in this small tent. hovering @ 86 degrees F. If I close tent with lights on it heats up to 90 F. Looks like I'm going to dive into my wallet and purchase a wall A/C unit for my room. Anyone else have temp issues with small tents using T5 HO bulbs? I have good intake air with clip on fan pushing air up and through carbon filter and out the top of tent. I'm glad I didn't germinate my seeds before checking this.

Have a bit of a delay on this grow. I can't keep temps down in this small tent. hovering @ 86 degrees F. If I close tent with lights on it heats up to 90 F. Looks like I'm going to dive into my wallet and purchase a wall A/C unit for my room. Anyone else have temp issues with small tents using T5 HO bulbs? I have good intake air with clip on fan pushing air up and through carbon filter and out the top of tent. I'm glad I didn't germinate my seeds before checking this.

Curious as to how you have your filter and fan working. Do you have an in-line fan attached to the Carbon Filter. If so what's the CFM rating of the fan.

In your picture it doesn't look like the fan is attached to the Vent at the top of your tent. To keep my tent cool I have my fan set up to suck air through the filter and then vent outside the tent. This will create a negative pressure inside your tent and if you open a vent near the bottom of the tent it will pull in cool air and push the hot air out of the tent. To free up some room inside the tent I have my fan outside the tent and a long vent line connected to the Filter.

Just a thought...

Hi Troy, yes I have a 4" 203cfm inline fan with carbon filter and speed control exhausting out top of tent with ducting. also have ducting through one bottom port hole (opposite exhaust side) with small honeywell fan on outside, blowing cool air through that port.

At the time of that pic being taken, I didn't have the ducting but now all connected.

Tent is running way too hot for my liking. I don't understand how this T5 is putting out so much heat. I never expected T5's too be THAT hot, maybe 2 degrees higher than LED's? Although i do have my thermometer in direct light. That could be the problem?

Hi Troy, yes I have a 4" 203cfm inline fan with carbon filter and speed control exhausting out top of tent with ducting. also have ducting through one bottom port hole (opposite exhaust side) with small honeywell fan on outside, blowing cool air through that port.

At the time of that pic being taken, I didn't have the ducting but now all connected.

Tent is running way too hot for my liking. I don't understand how this T5 is putting out so much heat. I never expected T5's too be THAT hot, maybe 2 degrees higher than LED's? Although i do have my thermometer in direct light. That could be the problem?

That's amazing. I would think it would pull off the heat. How high is the ambient temperature running in the room the tent is sitting in?

I had heat problems with my last grow (summer grow) - I had a 3 x 3 x 6 tent and had a 4 inch filter and a 200 CFM fan. I replaced the fan with a 334 Can Max 6" fan (using an adapter). The new fan solved my problem. I also switched my lights to turn off at noon and come back on at midnight (flowering). I was using 2 600 w LED's.

Do you have a vent at the bottom of your tent open to pull in cool air?

My current grow I'm using the same lights in a new 4 X 4 X 7 foot tent and currently able to keep the tent at a constant 75 degrees. My ambient temperatures in my garage are running 65-67. I'm currently not using the filter as I'm only in an early stage (first couple weeks) and no smells. I am using a cheap 100 CFM to directly pull off heat at the top of the tent.

I'm also surprised that the T5's are putting off so much heat.

Are you going to flower with T5 ? I'm in for taking a seat. Be sure to send your hot air to a different part of the house. Right now I have to have the door to the room with the tent open and venting into the house. Using the heat and humidity throughout the house. If I close the door the ambient temperature rises and the plants get too hot fast. So if your venting into the space where you draw fresh air you are working against ones self. When I can no longer use the heat and humidity I'll vent into either the attic or outside through a window.

Placement of your thermometer could definitely be an issue, spontowin. Some tents come with an opaque baggie, that might be an ideal spot if you have one. You’re sure your thermometer is accurate too?

Otherwise like the others have said, I’m surprised the venting is not working effectively. You don’t have a fan speed controller on your inline fan do you? And the fan appears to be functioning correctly?

Hello peeps wondered if any one could offer some advice.

Firstly loving the set up spintowin and subbed.. Like to see how they turn out for ya! Good luck ☺ and Hope you don't mind me posting on here.

I currently have some +speed Autoflower in coco and I'm concerned about the pal look am I doing something wrong? Do they need something?
Below is pics of the girl one with 600hps light on and other under normal lighting. Advice pretty please!! I've all ready lost 2 baby's don't want to lose any more..

Very much appreciated ☺

#worried .
1.jpg
2.jpg

Hello peeps wondered if any one could offer some advice.

Firstly loving the set up spintowin and subbed.. Like to see how they turn out for ya! Good luck ☺ and Hope you don't mind me posting on here.

I currently have some +speed Autoflower in coco and I'm concerned about the pal look am I doing something wrong? Do they need something?
Below is pics of the girl one with 600hps light on and other under normal lighting. Advice pretty please!! I've all ready lost 2 baby's don't want to lose any more..

Very much appreciated ☺

#worried .
964ca475c8ec1e9f658ba0b102b36658.jpg
f0f8ab8168a14dec1da67d543b8797fe.jpg

Not that I support hijacking but maybe this would help.

Screenshot (19).png

Back
Top Bottom