SCROG, Strawberry Cheesecake, Fruit Punch, O'Haze Red

bettygreen

This is going to be my first journal, and my first attempt at scrog. Tomorrow, I will be transplanting my girls to their final pots, and I'll set-up the scrog. I plan to veg for another 7-10 days after, then switch to 12/12.

The basics:
-Seeds started 12/15/17 using a heat mat & rapid rooters; transplanted to cowpot, then 1/2 gallon plastic pot, then final pot
-31"x60"x72" grow tent
-600-900wLed
-Organic soil in 3gal Smart Pots
-using Advanced Nutrients 3 part, B52, voodoo, will start Nirvana during bloom; feeding 1/4 recommended doses.

I'll post photos & such starting tomorrow.

This is going to be my first journal, and my first attempt at scrog. Tomorrow, I will be transplanting my girls to their final pots, and I'll set-up the scrog. I plan to veg for another 7-10 days after, then switch to 12/12.

The basics:
-Seeds started 12/15/17 using a heat mat & rapid rooters
-31"x60"x72" grow tent
-600-900wLed
-Organic soil in 3gal Smart Pots
-using Advanced Nutrients 3 part, B52, voodoo, will start Nirvana during bloom; feeding 1/4 recommended doses.

I'll post photos & such starting tomorrow.
Wicked. Seat #1 nice and cozy. I'll sub in for this......lets grow monsters!

Welcome to the Forum!

Here's a from the top image of the girls. There's an Amnesia Haze (in big pot) & a Pakistan Valley clone in there, but those 2 will be staying in my small veg tent for some experimenting.
20180117_202514.jpg

Here's a from the top image of the girls. There's an Amnesia Haze (in big pot) & a Pakistan Valley clone in there, but those 2 will be staying in my small veg tent for some experimenting.
20180117_202514.jpg
Good morning Betty. Can you do us a favour and take pics when lights are off (You can do that temporarily to take pics), or remove your girls from their home to photo them? It'll show off colour etccc.... so much better and help us all to give a more informed view of your plants......not trying to be picky......just a friendly tip.

Also.....whats a "cow pot"?

I had no idea that you were going to grow a Pakistan Valley Stream, I've got some of those in my repertoire than I am dying to try once my environment and new space is up to speed. Got to get Bud in the jar first LMAO.

I'm actually trying scrog b/c of the PV I TRIED growing. Suffice it to say that when they recommend only vegging for 3 weeks, listen to them. Of course, of all the strains I had going, I chose not to top it. So, this clone was rescued during the flower phase. It's nicely rooted & growing, so we'll see how flowering clones work for me.

The amnesia haze has been having pH issues, although after repotting, it's doing better. I was going to scrog it, but I don't think I'll have room. I might turn it into several clones, or leave it & just flower it with the PV. I don't know.

Oh, it's a small biodegradable pot made of compressed manure. It's not stinky or anything. I like to use peat pots or something that I can just pop into the next size up.

It's lights off for my one tent, so I can't take any pics, now.

I did repot my girls into their final pots, and I set-up my screen, using 2"x3" reinforced vinyl coated wire mesh. I might actually go ahead and scrog the Amnesia Haze, too. I'll decide by tomorrow night, for sure.

Will post pics tomorrow.

There you go. Good advice. I tend to Scrog all of my plants. I'll LET then as long as their pot diameter will allow me, then flip them to flower. I'm definitely interested in the PV too. I know I'll need the space though. Luckily 8' ceilings in the flower room lol.

I ran out of 3 gallon smart pots (only have 2 gal size left), so I used a fabric bag for one of them. This bag has been used as a planter 3x, so I guess it's officially a grow-bag, now.

I ran out of 3 gallon smart pots (only have 2 gal size left), so I used a fabric bag for one of them. This bag has been used as a planter 3x, so I guess it's officially a grow-bag, now.

Do those grow bags come with premixed soil? That would be awesome if you could buy smaller bags like that.

The past 3 days, my timer has been acting up. Completely human error, as I had changed it from daily, to only working on Tues. So, for the past 3 days, the girls have only gotten about 16 hours of light, each day. Currently, my girls are on an 18/6 schedule.

So far, nothing looks bad, but I am worried I may have messed with their various hormone levels?

I finally got my timer set correctly. I sure hope I haven't confused my plants, too much. I want to switch them to 12/12 on Friday.

Here's what's happened during week 5 of veg:

*600w LED at 32" above canopy; the plants are very happy with this
*Transplanted from 1/2 gallon grow bags to 3 gallon Smart Pots, using a locally mixed organic soil
*Watered in transplants with .5ml voodoo, b-52, and micro per liter of well water; pH'd to 6.5
*Watered 2x during this week, approximately 1.5-2 liters per plant

They are all doing very well under the screen.

I will be switching to 12/12 tomorrow. I will probably gradually lower the lights 4"-6", or as close to the tops as the girls will tolerate. Since my lights burned 3 of the plants in my last grow, I now understand just how powerful this very cool running led is.

Today, I started foliar feeding Nirvana (.25ml/liter). I plan on foliar feeding with Nirvana until week 3 of bloom, and then I'll start applying it in the soil.

The timer is changed to 11/13. Tomorrow will be the start of Transition Week 1. Yay! I'll post some pics in a few minutes.

Where can I get something to accurately measure less that 1ml. I currently have 10ml syringes that I bought on Amazon in bulk, really don't need another box of 10 hanging around the house taking up space. As it is, sometimes when I put things away, I forget where I put them. Still looking for my new trimming scissors, :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom