B0rk Goes RDWC - 3 Strains 550W LED Indoor

b0rker

Time for some RDWC! well.. not quite yet, but this week! I was hoping to set up the system today, but the space I use for my grow tent is being used by some HVAC work.. so I'll have to wait.

I tried to use buckets..

0104181759_HDR.jpg

But the center bucket kept leaking, I replaced it, and still leaked.. so I am going to scrap the buckets and go with totes. will drill them this week when HVAC work is done.

Here are the Strains I'm going to go with..
strains11.jpg

Going with all Autos this round to have a quick harvest and since it's my first attemp at hydro.. hoping they'll be the most forgiving.

Started them under a plate today, 1/21/18

0121181235_HDR.jpg

Tent, 550w LED and fan etc are all the same.. Also going to stick with the GH Flora nutes as well.. One additional equipment I did pick up for the setup is a 1/4HP water chiller. will include that on upcoming system build / post.

now I wait for germ and HVAC crew!

Let the RDWC adventure begin!

No Leaks! aside from a little drip during a dry (well it was wet) run the totes worked marvelously. I'll finish up the final piping tomorrow I hope and have up and running all day to make sure nothing is leaking. I'll get more details on the full setup once I finish plumbing it in. but here are a few photos

0124182027_HDR.jpg
0123181944b_HDR.jpg
0124182203_HDR.jpg
0124182202a_HDR.jpg

I decided rather than one plant, I'd do 2 in each tub.. but for this grow I'm only putting one in each (unless something happens where I do more than one)

2 of the three have their root.. the last one I think is almost popped.. I forgot that my room is COLD so the plate was cold.. I popped it onto the grow mat that came with this see starter and I believe that has helped.

0121181235_HDR.jpg

I am using these rapid rooter plugs and rather than push the seed into it, I cut it open and laid in and covered with a piece of it.

0124182200a_HDR.jpg
now they are under their light getting ready for fun!

0124182203a_HDR.jpg

thats all for tonight!

Ha! I'm first in! Is there a door prize?
You're going to have a very full tent, I'm thinking. And good idea on splitting the Rapid Rooter since more than a few people have broken the tap root trying to shove it in a too small hole. I see you've been a member for a few years so this isn't your first rodeo. You're going to really like the simplicity of RDWC.

Welp.. the Blue Mammoth Seed was a bust.. didn't do squat.. so I started another Blue Mam seed (got a few free) if that no work I'll try a different strain.

The other Seeds are doing great.. starting to pop up today!

0126181202a.jpg

Here's so views of the setup

This air pump is temp and going back.. to loud!
0125181624_HDR.jpg

0126181203a.jpg
0125181613a_HDR.jpg
0125181613_HDR.jpg
0125181612f_HDR.jpg
0125181612e_HDR.jpg
0125181612d_HDR.jpg
0125181612c_HDR.jpg
0125181612a_HDR.jpg
0125181612_HDR.jpg

This is how I'm controlling the water level..

0126181204.jpg

I cut the pipe and it's almost perfect.. I want to add a U link here and put directly back into the water as the sound is to waterfally for my taste.

I also am on my second
0125181736_HDR.jpg
one of these.. I just ordered a third but going with the upgraded Online version of it to see if that helps.. the problem with this one is the PH is WAY off. 1 point is a lot.. I calibrated it 4x with 2 different solutions and still no dice. I know my water is 6.5ish with these strips below

0125182246_Burst01.jpg
0125182247_HDR.jpg

And if I'd watered my last plants with 7.5-7 water.. they'd never of done much..

ah well.. it's only money! =) I'll price out this whole setup once I am completely done.. I'll exclude the countless trips to the hardware stores.. I went 4x one day.. oops!

The chiller I may or may not need =/ the water

I'm hoping the chiller is needed. the water is currently 69°F with the lights on full blast.. my Room is a cool 69 too.. I'm guessing it'll be not as important till the summer.. so good to have it in there now.

All for now..

You purchased this item on January 25, 2018.
Size: 1363 GPH | View this order

=] thats the one I got! be here next week

Alright Rider said "jump" and I half arse wandered over. (like my arse pun there rider .)

Love the setup mate, are you running that line through ya dunny? Do you use it? Could you plumb it into the system for some fresh fertiliser tea? .

I'm just playing. I can't see how this won't work, looks like you've got ya bases covered. Excited for the ride!

Plan to do any sort of training? Scrog?

Alright Rider said "jump" and I half arse wandered over. (like my arse pun there rider .)

Love the setup mate, are you running that line through ya dunny? Do you use it? Could you plumb it into the system for some fresh fertiliser tea? .

I'm just playing. I can't see how this won't work, looks like you've got ya bases covered. Excited for the ride!

Plan to do any sort of training? Scrog?
jump! hehe.. ya thats an easy way for me to drain the system.. goes right into the shower drain..

as for what is going to come.. ill do a little topping and training but no scrog I dont think.. they are all auto so just gonna let them go.. enjoy the ride

jump! hehe.. ya thats an easy way for me to drain the system.. goes right into the shower drain..

as for what is going to come.. ill do a little topping and training but no scrog I dont think.. they are all auto so just gonna let them go.. enjoy the ride
That was me being ignorant. Didn't realise you were doing autos. Good luck bork. I'd be shitting myself trying autos for first run in a new system! you got big kahunas my friend.

You just picked up a tough crowd, b0rk. Things could get... unruly.

JustMeds is an unorthodox grower that uses baby vomit and other unsavory organic stuff as nutrients. Tunkers is... well, Tunkers was raised by dingos (nuff said about that cuz he's a little sensitive about it) and has to dodge kangaroos and poisonous snakes to tend to his grow. And Scrogdawg is the methodical master of all things scrog and RDWC. I'm the only normal one here.

JustMeds is an unorthodox grower that uses baby vomit and other unsavory organic stuff as nutrients. Tunkers is... well, Tunkers was raised by dingos (nuff said about that cuz he's a little sensitive about it) and has to dodge kangaroos and poisonous snakes to tend to his grow. And Scrogdawg is the methodical master of all things scrog and RDWC. I'm the only normal one here.
Normal by what definition?...

What a team to solve world problems.

sounds like a fun croud ;p baby vommit... well I mean if it works! welcome to the journal!

the two I planted in the dome have shown their faces!

still no movement on the mammoth. but ill give it another day and if not.. just callim this strain and will try another.

all for now.. gotta get to work. cheers!
ec93e5d837a81c6bc2359ada48ab3db3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom