MackMurder's First Grow - Moneymaker Strain - DWC Hydro Tent - Grow Plan & Equipment

Hello to the forum. I've been doing heavy researching for months.
A friend of mine did 3.7lbs dry on 2000 watts in a grow tent. He's got 20 years. I'm not expecting that. But I'm setting myself up for success and elimating any room for failure. In sure I'll have some. I live in a place where it's -10 to -20 celcius. So I've accounted for that.

My goals 2.5 lbs dry off 4 plants and 2000 watts. It may be high expectations for a first time grower but I'm not your average individual. And I hope these sleepiness nights of trying to put together good setup and extensive research paysoff.
( I'm aware book smarts ain't the same as experience)

My strain will be femalized moneymaker seeds from strain hunters. Can produce 1000 grams per meter squared indoors. I figure a high yeilder for a beginner can't hurt. I will be doing 4 sites inside a 8x8x7 tent with 2x 1000 watt bulbs. Here are the pics of my equipment I'm ordering. Quantities of each item are in the pictures below what I'm ordering.

Screenshot_20180122_030916.png
Screenshot_20180122_030931.png
Screenshot_20180122_030946.png
Screenshot_20180122_030956.png

1st- question. I will be cooling the hydrofarm radiants with the hortilux bulbs with air from outside my tent using the 8" fan as an exhaust ( sending the air to my laundry room/dryer vent) with hoods hooked together. That 8" has something like 6-800 cfl. will that be enough to cool both hoods with a 1000 watts in each? I have a variable fan speed controller for that if necessary

2nd- question. My second 8" fan will have the charcoal filter on it. It will pull air from uptop inside tent and exhaust it to my laundry room dryer vent. Since it's winter here. I will leave a window slightly open in the room the grow tent sits in just a crack for some fresh air. I will have a hole in the bottom of the tent to act as my negative air pressure inlet. I will have 2 fans ocsilating. One in front of the negative air hole to help pull air in an hit bottom of plants. And another fan to move air above the plants. Does anyone see any problems with this idea.

3rd- I have an environmental controller for the exhaust fan. Will that environment controller be able to control humidity and temp with that one cfl exhaust fan for the tent?

4th- I will throw a c02 bag of mycellium for shits and giggles in between the plants. No it's not sealed room. But can't hurt right. And what's 40 bucks on top of a 2400 dollar setup.

5th- that dwc system has bubblers for oxygen for each plants roots and a pump to circulate and irigate the roots. I've chosen sensibloom and grow because it's an automatic pH adjuster and it's one less thing to fuck with. I also have pH up and down for starting my seedlings and just in case the sensi grow don't hit my proper pH levels. . Also I picked b52 since it can be used from seedlings. I will start at 20% of dose of b52 till their healthy and full and won't do any bloom or grow till required. Does this sound like a good plan? Any holes anyone sees in this plan?

6th- I will get an Electronic conductivity tester of y'all think it's extremely.necessarry. I've heard it is. So I might as well get one.

7th- I will be using the scrog method with trellis netting to get the biggest yeilds

8th- I'm not starting with MH bulbs and switching to HPS. I'm going hps the whole way. I don't want to start a debate but after much research I feel my choice is valid. I'm not worried about electricity bills.......I'm just not right now. I make an above decent living. Dimmable balasts and all that shit. It's just more things to worry about. This way my wife will only have to adjust light height. In trying to make this as easy as possible on her.

I've tried to set myself up right in everything that could go wrong
Example:
-8" fans might be too big but id rather be safe than sorry. Can always adjust them.
-environment controller for humid and temp so I don't have to do much in that sense. I will have a wireless hygrometer so my wife can take a peak at it ever now and again.
-ph neautral nutes so I don't have to stress. Ph testers and anEC tester just in case.

I work 20 days on and 10 days off away from home. My wife will be refilling the reservoir and keeping an eye on the hygrometer and keeping me updated on the plants with pics or FaceTime. This is why I've chosen for lack of a better term a set it and forget it type of setup.

I've literally been online for 3 months a few hours a day researching over and over. I believe I've covered everything. I'm sure I've missed something.

IF ANY EXPERIENCED GROWERS when they have a chance can go over my setup and plans. And give me their input when u get a chance. I'd greatly appreciate it. I know y'all have lives. Just whenever fine.

Cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom