BignStrange - Mars Hydro Pro II Epistar 320 - Let's Grow To Mars!

Whats up everyone? :cheer::welcome:

Hope your all well! Im stoked to bring you this new journal, brought to you by Mars Hydro!! :cheer: Mars Hydro LED Grow Light ,Led grow light , Mars Hydro

SmokeSara from Mars Hydro got in contact with me a while back, and we got to talking about doing a journal featuring Mars Hydro! Within a couple days, we had a 4x4 Mars Tent, and a Mars Hydro Pro II Epistar 320 in the mail to do a journal with! :high-five: Mars Pro II Epistar 320 LED grow light for sale,buy Mars Pro II Epistar 320 LED grow light ,Led grow light , Mars Hydro
Buy 4'x4',4'x4' online,4'x4' for sale
Im really excited to try this light out and see what it can do. You can follow this grow here, as well as on Instagram @bignstrangefarms though all of the action will be detailed here, you get it first! Ill also get on the YouTube updates once figure out how to use my camera!

Onto the fun stuff! :high-five:

What strain is it?Peppermint Kush-Barney's Farm-House Cut
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?Indica/Sativa-90%/10%
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?Clone Stage! Waiting For Roots
If in Veg... For how long?Must Be 14
Indoor or outdoor?In Tent City!
Soil or Hydro?Promix HP
If soil... what is in your mix?Pro-Mix HP, 20% Added Perlite, 20% Added Vermiculite
If soil... What size pot?Fabric 5 Gallons
Size of light?740 Watt; Mars Hydro Pro II Epistar 320
Is it aircooled?Yes-6" Extractor To 6X500MM Carbon Filter
Type and strength of ferts used?GH 3 Part-Bignstrange Schedule

Hehe the rest will come with time :D I will also do a tent set up walk through, and unboxing in subsequent posts!! Now to show you a couple pics of the set up!:thumb:

20180122_190300.jpg
20180122_194211.jpg

And the clones were running!
20180124_144633.jpg

Were going to end up with 9 to 12 clones in 5 gallon containers, really just waiting on roots! The ambient environment for those clones is less than ideal, all I can do is warm the res and be patient, but they are still looking happy so I'm hopeful!

Once again I want to say a huge thank you to Cathy at Mars Hydro for making this all happen! I have ordered from the Mars Hydro official site before,Mars Hydro LED Grow Light ,Led grow light , Mars Hydro, and have had a great experience, and this time was no different! I will be posting more pictures, unboxing, and first impressions over the next few days!:cheer:

Thank you to everyone who has supported me and made this possible, thank you :420: and Mars Hydro! Its an honour to bring this community another journal, and keep spreading the love :D :welcome::high-five:

Take it easy folks, and much love from the coast, now... LETS GROW TO MARS!!!!!!! :cheer::cheer::welcome::high-five::circle-of-love::thanks:

Sweeeeet! I'm in :)
Yeeeaaaa ITS!!! Super stoked to have you here, honored in fact!

Excited to see what we can do with almost double the wattage of the other lights hehe >:)

Interested in what the Mars 320 does with that many plants .
I'm excited to find out! Welcome Penny :3
Subbed up. Want to see how that light does. :goodluck:
Yay! Thanks man! Glad your here!
Looking great
Thanks DeVille! Excited to try out the light that's given you such great results!
Subbed up brother look forward to seeing that light do amazing things
Glad to have you Bignugz! Let's hope it shines!
Thank you!! Very excited to run this journal :3 thank you!
Dayum....see....your good deed was returned handsomely. Man you got it going on bro!!
Thanks man! What goes around comes around! Hope we can both grow some quality meds with our new lights! :3 .
Welcome mang! . . . . . .

I am running one now on a 6 plant grow in coco now in a 4x4.
I'll come check out your journal if you have one!

How are you liking it in your 4x4 space?

Welcome Sam! . .

I'll come check out your journal if you have one!

How are you liking it in your 4x4 space?

Welcome Sam! . .

The light works well and the plants like it. In flower now I am running 10-12" above the tallest cola's. The canopy temps can climb quite a bit throughout the day so just keep an eye on that. I run abut a 10 degree F temp swing from lights on to right about lights off. Overall it's not a super hot operating light meaning that it doesn't throw off a lot of heat but it does project it. If I had to do it all over I would have gone with (4) 80's making it easier to adjust heights for different plant in the tent but I just raise the short ones up to even things out.

It's a forgiving light in that I used mine very early with one plant germinated under it at a distant. Funny thing about that is that particular plant grew better overall than the others germinated the first 2 weeks under cfl's. Being my first grow I didn't defoliate like I should and I should have taken some of the lower branches off earlier that would have freed the light up to penetrate deeper.

As for the space I like it for 4 plants for me anyway. 6 is a little crowded but I also had mine bigger than a lot of people let them get before flipping them. They are about waist high now that they are done stretching. The Mar's tent is well built with their all metal frame. Zippers hold up well seeing that I am in the tent 2x per day everyday.

For sure Big!! Remo said theyre shipping sample to my local grow shop for me. Rx green technologies said the same. Cant wait. Im hoping to do a comparison grow between the two nutrient lines and feature the GROWant !!! Should be fun stuff.
Nice man, sounds like your set up for success! Super excited to see how all your new swag works for ya!
Subbed for sure, im guessing your gonna KILL IT on this one.
Hehe thanks Illz ! Fingers crossed!
The light works well and the plants like it. In flower now I am running 10-12" above the tallest cola's. The canopy temps can climb quite a bit throughout the day so just keep an eye on that. I run abut a 10 degree F temp swing from lights on to right about lights off. Overall it's not a super hot operating light meaning that it doesn't throw off a lot of heat but it does project it. If I had to do it all over I would have gone with (4) 80's making it easier to adjust heights for different plant in the tent but I just raise the short ones up to even things out.

It's a forgiving light in that I used mine very early with one plant germinated under it at a distant. Funny thing about that is that particular plant grew better overall than the others germinated the first 2 weeks under cfl's. Being my first grow I didn't defoliate like I should and I should have taken some of the lower branches off earlier that would have freed the light up to penetrate deeper.

As for the space I like it for 4 plants for me anyway. 6 is a little crowded but I also had mine bigger than a lot of people let them get before flipping them. They are about waist high now that they are done stretching. The Mar's tent is well built with their all metal frame. Zippers hold up well seeing that I am in the tent 2x per day everyday.
Thanks for the detailed info man! I'm running a 6 inch extractor because I heard about the heat, and I know my mars 192 gets too hot for a 4 inch, so I went with the bigger one for this light! Good to hear it was wise lol

Led definitely requires A shift in growing technique, but I have no doubt, that when it's dialed in, it should be possible to hit 2 grams per watt! I may be a couple years of practice away from that but we'll try!

And I agree the mars tents are dope, waaaaaayyy stronger than anything near that price point, I'm gunna do a set up and review in posts here soon!

Hey guys n gals!

Wanted to take a sec to talk about the Mars Hydro tents!

Now this is totally my opinion on them-actually that's the same for this whole journal-i will be giving honest feedback so you folks at home can make informed decisions!

Now first off Mars Hydro has really quick shipping, and chances are they have a warehouse near you to help with service, sales and support. I ordered in Canada, and had my order shipped across the country, even in wild weather, nd to my doorstep within 5 business days! All packages come in plain, brown boxes, with tracking numbers provided in quick time!
61bf80a90067764decb2ead5802c44ed.jpg

One note-and I really like this- Mars ships tents and lights as seperate parcels! For me it's a big deal, I really believe it helps keep things discreet and low profile, especially if they end up getting separated by the postal service lol

Now, why do I use Mars tents? When I'm putting a tent together I have a couple options, buy a combo kit with lights n fan n the whole kit and kaboodle, or I can buy a Mars tent and build a system separately!

Even with conversion rates, Mars Hydro tents offer the best bang for buck in Canada in my opinion. These tents are extremely high quality! They would be the equivalent of an upgraded tent if I was to buy the combo, but the pricing off the Mars official site is hard to beat, and impossible to match quality for the dollar!

They use heavy duty zippers, 1680D nylon and patterned Mylar on the inside which kicks butt. Flat Mylar looses reflective qualities when it gets spray on it, these do not! Also the poles are 16mm I.d. as opposed to my cheaper tents at 12mm. This gives me way more confidence to hang my expensive equipment in my Mars tents as opposed to my cheap ones :S
d38ea4a8c86c1d60e62da898f17c9226.jpg

Also, I'm usually alone, and Mars tents, by far, have the best design for solo set up! Easy to read instructions and the set up can be completed by one person in around 15 minutes .
9a9bd741715d348ba7a5161ee1b1cf03.jpg

18bb928bc2dad569146cf1748de0c623.jpg

Honestly I wish all my tents were Mars tents! The zipper being one of the biggest reasons, higher stich quality, more light proof, utility pouch, heavier material, stronger poles, lower price! Honestly I could go on!

Overall, my rating of the Mars tents are very high. They outperform every other tent in the price bracket, and you don't see this kind of quality until you double the cost and look at gorilla tents-which I can't justify!

For my money, Mars has these tents down. I stand behind these tents and would highly suggest, if your in the market for one, head over to Mars Hydro LED Grow Light ,Led grow light , Mars Hydro And see if there's one that fits your space!

Overall rating has to be a 10 on the first impression, I really can't find anything to complain about! Time will tell on how it stands up to my abuse, but I'll be sure to keep reviewing it as I go!

. . . . . . .

I'm here big! Woot! Love my Mars LED's
Yaay! Happy to have you Newty!

Loving my 192 so far, really excited to test the 320! Now if those dang gals would root we could get this show on the road!

Back
Top Bottom