2 Blue Dream - Second Grow - CannaCoco - LED - 2018

chuckpumpkins

Good evening everyone.
I am a new grower from Canada. I decided to start growing weed a few months ago. I started reading about it and looking at videos on youtube. At first I thought it would be easy to grow weed. I am used to grow basil and other vegetables but I realized at my first grow that I would have to follow some basic rules to be able to have a successful grow.

My first grow was horrible. I used some poting soil that I had kept in my basement for almost a year. The soil already had slow release nutrients and I also added foxfarm nutrient to this. I ended up trowing all my plants away and I decided to start a new grow and I changed my setup a little bit. So here are the things I am using for now...

1 X 5X5 grow tent
2 X Dimgogo 1000W 100LEDs Triple Chips Full Spectrum Growing Lamp
Canna Coco + 20% perlite as a growing medium.
Canna coco A&B nutrients
Canna coco CANNAZYM
canna coco pk 13 14
Cal mag plus

My grow tent is at 45 Humidity %
Temp is at 74F
Grow cycle is 19/5

I am growing 2 Blue dream fem
I am at day 13 of Veg right now.
I transplanted in 5 Gal pot and had some trouble with the plants. Their leaves were dropping. They were still thick and the color was ok. I think it was too humid, I know some will tell me that you cant really overwater Coco, But I think it was the case. Anyways. Ive let them dry for 2 days and I think they are going back up now....

I started feeding them with Canna coco A B at around 280 ppm for the first 2 weeks. Now I am at 350 ppm.
The PH is at 5.65.
The runoff is at 6.5. After reading about this on different threads, I realized I should not care too much about the runoff PH.

I am not feeding them calmag or CANNAZYM for now. I thought its better to go easy with the nutrients. I got scared with my first grow.

I am trying to add some pictures too. I find them a bit small for 13 days plants. When I transplanted to the 5gal pots it might have been a shock for them because it slowed the growth. Or maybe the medium was too wet... I will see in the next few days how it goes.

So I would like to have some input from experienced growers if possible... :)

Peace out.

BD2_Day13.jpg

BD1_Day13.jpg

2plantsDay13.jpg

Here is a quick update at day16.
I had an issue with thrips. I sprayed them with some potassium based saop. Its the second day I spray them. I dont see the insect anymore and the plants seems to be looking better. The impact it had on the leaves was the same as nutrient burns. Or very similar.
I am now feeding the plants at 450ppm of A&B and the PH at 5.8 instead of 5.6.
I also added an humidifier, the HR is now at 50 %.

I ordered a pump to auto water the plants. Apparently its better to feed them many small times everyday than just 1-2 times.

Day16_155246.jpg

Day16_155239.jpg

Day16_155226.jpg

A couple schools of thought when growing in coco. Some like to water daily, others treat it like soil and water when the top inch or so becomes dry or do the weight method. If you're comfortable with ph, nutrients, ppm, temp etc. being dialed in, you could try one of those options. With two plants, you could continue your routine with the healthier girl and try the above with the deficient ( albeit still looking good) girl. Also, when you feed her do you have any run off?

A couple schools of thought when growing in coco. Some like to water daily, others treat it like soil and water when the top inch or so becomes dry or do the weight method. If you're comfortable with ph, nutrients, ppm, temp etc. being dialed in, you could try one of those options. With two plants, you could continue your routine with the healthier girl and try the above with the deficient ( albeit still looking good) girl. Also, when you feed her do you have any run off?

I didnt have any runoff. But now since I noticed the problem, I am feeding them until I see a run off at the bottom.
Also I saw another thread somewhere where the grower was feeding one plant 8 times a day and the other plant 1 time aday. And the one that was receiving a small feeding many times a day was way bigger than the other one.

Back
Top Bottom