Mouser's 2018 Grow: Harlequin x Kosher Kush Reg Seeds

mouser

Welcome everyone to my first attempt at building my own strain. I wish I had the room to run 100 of these seeds, but we will have to make do with ~20 for the first run... I have plenty more, so if nothing good comes from these we can always have another grow. This batch here will be my last flower run before Summer hits, and Ive learned my lesson...no Summer flowering!

The Seeds: Harlequin male (ELEV8 Seeds) crossed with Kosher Kush female (Reserva Privada)

Harlequin is a 75/25 sativa-dominant strain renowned for its reliable expression of CBD. A descendant of Colombian Gold, a Nepali indica, and Thai and Swiss landrace strains, you can depend on Harlequin to provide clear-headed, alert sativa effects. Unlike most high-CBD strains, Harlequin almost always develops a CBD:THC ratio of 5:2, making this strain one of the most effective out there for treatment of pain and anxiety, as CBD can counteract THC's paranoia while amplifying its painkilling properties. Flavors can range from earthy musk to sweet mango, but without a doubt, what draws crowds to Harlequin is its ability to relax without sedation and to relieve without intoxication.

Kosher Kush, offered now in seed form from DNA Genetics, originated in Los Angeles as a clone-only strain. Winner of High Times Cannabis Cup's Best Indica in 2010 and 2011, as well as Best Strain in 2011, Kosher Kush produces staggering levels of THC, with some samples testing over 29%. Known as one of the most odiferous OG Kush-related strains, it has a unique yet familiar smell reminiscent of rich earth and fruit, and is considered by many to be one of the tastiest smokes around. The high experienced is typical of many heavy indica strains, producing pronounced relaxation and pain relief, with sleep often following close behind.

20180129_173139.jpg

View image in gallery

These seeds arent as striped as my batch of Harlequin, but they are some of the largest seeds Ive seen... The goal here is to come up ith a plant that has roughly a 1:1-1:2 THC:CBD ratio while maintaining the amazing smell and taste of the Kosher Kush. Im hoping my testing options will have improved by the time I have something worth testing.

The first batch went into a pyrex dish Sunday morning with paper towels soaked in one capful of Clonex diluted in 150ml of tap water left out for 24 hours before using. I tucked them up above my veg shelf and checked on them when I came home from work today.

I pulled out the 12 most vigorous and stuck them in seedling trays in mostly coco...I have also mixed in some water crystals..ie diaper filling :) I have been having great luck with the added water retention during the dry winter months. Alows me to be lazy...which is good...because I am...

Light for the moment is from my old Mars 300. Plans for a new light are in the works, but my male:female ratios with reg seeds have been awesome under this light. Maybe Im seeing things that arent there, maybe the red light helps...who knows. Im gonna roll with it until it doesnt work any more.

Ferts will be diluted clonex for the first couple weeks and then we'll see...Ive never been one to stick with any one brand...I sort of mix and match as I go. For this grow I may be more selective, but we will see...to early to tell

Thanks for subbing up...I will do my best to keep this as updated as possible...good or bad. Advice/criticism is always appreciated, though not always acted upon...this is My peanut! With any luck, I can make something interesting.

:peacetwo:

Hey Mouser I’m in for your breeding project. .

Thanks. Welcome PW! I hope it offers something for all.

Wouldn't miss it mouser. The first round is on me.

Trayobuds.jpg

Oh damn that looks tasty O.O Umm..welcome. Please check your coat..and umm..stuff..at the door. Im sure it will all be there when you leave :)

Just kidding Ditch.. That does look awesome though. Glad to have you on board.

Pulling up a seat “waiting for something incredible to happen I guess”. Good luck mouser although I am sure luck has very little to do with it.

:thumb:

Welcome...pull up something kushy to sit on and dig in to the jars. As for luck...I'll take all that there is to take :)

Hey gang...

A little update on the girls. Out of 18 stuck in the coco, I have 13 starting their reach for the lights. No stuck helmets, and so far everyone looks good. There are a few over achievers, but for the most part, the race is still a dead heat. Sorry for the pink pic, but the kitty is on some sort of weird 'lets tear around the house knocking shit over' thing so I decided to leave them in the tent.

Im going to let them grow into those cells before making my initial cull...its amazing how draconian one can be when there are literally hundreds of seeds left. :)

Go Pats!!

:passitleft:

Hey gang. Thanks Griz, dont mind if I do.. :passitleft:

The little ones are off to the races. Root development so far is pretty impressive on most of the seedlings. I upped them to cups this week. Final tally on the initial sprouting is 14/18 Not too bad since the seeds were completely random and I didnt use a humidity dome. Im really not interested in plants that cant hold their water...Im too lazy for that :)

Here they are:

I know the first stages are slow but they are all coming along nicely. Feedings are still diluted clonex with a splash of cal/mag. Im misting whenever I can.

Thanks for popping in

Be patient, you will get what you expect soon mouser

This is true...a few more days, a few more leaves. Most are coming along great. Front left with the wonky leaves looks like its going to be the first cull.

20180209_064228.jpg

The wee ones are coming along very well. There is a lot of uniformity in the seedlings, though there is a pronounced leaf curl/stuntage in 3 or 4...most evident in front and rear left seedlings in the pic above. Not sure if this is a seperate pheno or not, but if the 3rd set of leaves doesnt show improvement it will be a good enough reason for the first culling. Nutes are still a capful of clonex diluted in 150ml of water. Im brewing a batch of horsetail and nettle tea atm, so tomorrows feed will include that.

Thanks for popping in. :)

Happy Monday! Last week saw our little darlings filling up their cups and putting out some amazing leaf growth...and me battling the flu :p Im not back to 100%..and wont be for a while it seems, but the girls are doing fine. These are all 12-13 days above ground. Still uniform in appearance except fo the curley deformed few...and there's one that just looks sad. I moved everyone around so the bigger ones werent covering the wee ones, and gave the sad one a few more drainage holes...not that I think it will help, but cant hurt.

The larger ones are already throwing roots out the bottom of their cups, and I think I will take the best 6 and put them into 1g pots this weekend.

20180212_183827.jpg
20180212_183840.jpg
20180212_183905.jpg

Im pretty excited about how these are coming along. :)

Yo mouser nice thread! My friend from Exotic Seeds told me he crosses the females with smallest males he can get. Maybe he is up to smth. He grows like 5000 plants a year :D I wish you good luck and I´m pretty very interested what you end up with.

Yo mouser nice thread! My friend from Exotic Seeds told me he crosses the females with smallest males he can get. Maybe he is up to smth. He grows like 5000 plants a year :D I wish you good luck and I´m pretty very interested what you end up with.

Hmm...interesting. I still have the original male...chopped it back to a stump and threw it in my veg tent...looking nice and bushy again. The real question is...since Im looking to bring some of the flavor and strength of the Kosher Kush in to the high CBD tendency of the Harlequin...do I reuse the Harlequin male on promising crosses? Or do I use a male cross...

Never played this game before :)

Happy Saturday everyone. I managed to get an early start this morning and picked the 6 little plants to upcan for this next round. I have to say...its reall really hard to toss these things...even when there are plenty of seeds. But I just have no room for all of them so the winners got potted in 1g pots with the hole sprinkled with Mycos and Roots Organic. Afterwards, they got watered in with 7ml of fish juice 5.1.1/gal with a splash of nettle/horsetail tea.

20180217_234049.jpg

Hopefully today I will actually have time to build them a COB light. Got all the parts, just have to toss it all together. Aiming for ~120w for that little 2x2 spot...probably 5000k. I'll have to see what I have to pair with my HLG-120-C1400 driver.

Pics will follow if I actually get off my ass and build the thing.

Get er done Mouser!

Will do Pennywise! Right after I make lunch. Thanks for the kick in the ass :)

Beautiful looking plants. Can`t wait to see what they look like is a few weeks.

If you have time check out my journal.

Happy for advice.

Slylikeafox-promixsoil-Cali OG Kush 70% Sativa 2018

Thanks for stopping in Sly. I'll hop over right now...and I'll toss this here to make it easier for others as well :) Cheers!

Slylikeafox-promixsoil-Cali OG Kush 70% Sativa 2018

Back
Top Bottom