425Jesse's Winter/Spring Grow 1200w HID - Hydro - Canna/NSW - Mixed Strains

425jesse

Welcome friends and family to my next grow! I have 4 grows under my belt at this point, and have had a decent success rate. First grow was great, rookie success I'm sure. Second grow I fostered some strains with poor genetics, and it turned out poorly for a couple reasons. Third grow had all the potential in the world, but it got so hot this last summer that I basically grew some really great butter and hash materials, but not so good in the smoke department unfortunately. Each of those grows I produced about 11 ounces. The 4th grow was done in my GH Waterfarm, and it was the most successful yet. An ounce shy of 2 pounds of kick ass ganja from 8 plants, and some new lessons and techniques learned.

Last grow I used one 600 watt MH/HPS combo, and 600 actual watts of LED power to light the edges. The plant in the center under the HID was way thicker, stretched less, and overall was way stronger from roots to tips. This time I am using 2 of the HID fixtures, both of which are dimmable, so we will start close to 600w, and work our way up to the true 1200 by flower time. I might do a minor LED supplement in flower, LED does seem to aid in some bad ass resin and gland production, but not for the whole grow this time. On the subject of lights...I use my lights for heat while they are on, and cool the room by extracting the heat provided by the lights with a 200 CFM snail fan that is ducted thru both fixtures. I also have another 200 CFM snail fan that is general air exchange. The two both pull filtered outside air thru the suspended subfloor, and then up into the grow space. Both fans are charcoal filtered for scent reduction. When it gets too cold, or when lights are out, I have a small oil filled radiator that does a great job heating my space.

STATS
Lights — 1200 watts MH/HPS with a little LED here and there.

Medium — Custom 8 location Waterfarm...The Waterfarm has a really poor circulation system, and uses air pumps to lift water from the buckets...I removed the water columns, and drilled out the buckets to cause a syphon circulation pattern instead. When the water reaches a certain predetermined level, it will cause a natural syphon to happen, clearing a good majority of the water at every watering. Automated watering will take place from the top for 15 minutes at a time, 3 times a day. Reservoir size is 30 gallons+/- Rapid rooters or Rockwool stater plugs in hydroton medium.

Nutes — I used NSR last round, may go back to CANNA, and have some of both products left, and I supplement with MOAB and BIG BUD during flower.

Controls — I use Inkbird controllers, both for heat controls and humidity monitoring.

PH and PP — I have generic testers, but I try to keep PH about 6.0, and PPM varies by stage, I will post what I keep each phase at.

Strains — I am going to be growing a mix of strains from clone and seed this time. Pineapple Kush form LB07 clone, which I will grow big enough to take fresh clones from, take the 2 best, and put them in the same pot. Orange Crème from LB07 clone also if they get big enough to run. From BOMB seeds I purchased 5 gorilla bomb fem, and 5 bubble bomb fem. I started one seed of each about 10 days ago, and the results have not impressed me. The Gorilla came up, and just went shooting for the sky. I have 400w of MH close as one would ever put a light that strong to such little seedlings. The Bubble tried to come up, but its seed hat was so tight (the seeds were not as big as I would have expected, and had no stripes on them at all) it stopped growing up. I carefully removed the cap, and over the last 5 days she is looking better. Nice and short but has a long long way to go to catch up with her tall and lanky sister, but whatever...that's why I popped 2 more of each type and want to compare. The singles are already in their own pots, the new seeds will live 2 to a pot. With any luck I can clone the first ones in time to run in this bunch, if not they will find a new home. To round out the bunch I have some Alaska Thunder F*** and some Durban Thunder F*** from Stank Genetics, these are not fem gauranteed, so I put 2 of each type in their own rapid rooter plugs after a soak til they sunk. Its funny to grow genetics from our local all-stars...These seeds were put into soak at the same time as the bomb seeds were. Stank's sunk the fastest in the soak, the were first to pop tails out in the paper towels, and when I put them into the plugs, they literally grew themselves out of the hole before the end of the day. Mighty little seedlings!

So, with that we start the next run...equipment is solid, strains are varied, and the results should be out of this world.

Cheers All, thank you for checking out my new journal!

BTW- the photo addition tool is down again, so once that's up, we will see photos of all the shit I covered above. Lol.

JB

Well, I still can't put up photos, not sure why, but that doesn't stop plants from growing.

The room layout is like this 8 buckets total...elevated 6" off the floor so water can flush out with out pumps. 4 gallon buckets with upper bucket liners. Hydroton fills the buckets and clones or seed locations are in rooter plugs or rock wool.

Of the 4 left buckets 2 are empty, 1 has a Gorilla Bomb that started tall and skinny, but has since stopped growing up and started to grow out. The other pot in there has the mini bubble bomb. About an inch tall by an inch wide.

4 pots in the right have 2 rooter plugs in each pot, all seeds were germinated and 6 out of 8 have come up to say hello. That side has 2 of each of the other breeds I'm growing. Hopefully pics come back soon!

Cheers.

We Just May Have Photo time...i broke down and got out the laptop:)

Midway thru flower last grow
IMG_2071.PNG

Beans in multiple stages
IMG_200528.JPG
IMG_200234.JPG
IMG_199843.JPG
IMG_200329.JPG
IMG_203030.JPG
IMG_203126.JPG
IMG_197135.JPG

More to come!

Forgot to mention, the one that's a little bit more developed, is the Gorilla Bomb. Since I intend on scrogging this grow, I will just top and train her to keep her even with her counterparts. She's also going to get moved to one of the back buckets.

Also...I am fortunate enough to be in a friendly grow-off with a great group or 420 growers. worth checking it out. We will all Be putting our Jack Herer Auto seeds to "work" first thing Monday morning. It may be fun to read along!!

Growing a legend - An Auto Tribute to Jack Herer

Growing A Legend - An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

This will occupy one of the 2 remaining buckets, and is the only Auto I've ever run!! Excited to se what she does!!

Sweet I was hoping you were going to be "Rowing" with us!

Day 3 - Most things are chugging along as expected. Stank Genetics are beautiful little sprouts, about an inch tall now, and now almost an inch wide too. I imagine they will all slow on the going up, and start to grow more out in a day or so. The Bomb genetics are not as excited about shedding their seed caps, and needed some help. One GB gave its cap up on its own, the other almost did it on her own, but needed just a little nudge, and will be just fine. The BBs both still had their hats and had now stopped trying to get them off. I applied a little water to each cap to soften further, and successfully removed the first. As I started to remove the second I slipped with my micro tweezers and pulled too hard on the seed cap. It came off, but I also broke the taproot about half way down. I hate it when something is already having a hard time, and when I try to help I make it worse. Hopefully She can recover and still help the harvest in the end.

DTF
IMG_213427.JPG

ATF
IMG_213531.JPG

GB
IMG_213733.JPG

BB
IMG_213629.JPG

Group Shot
IMG_213831.JPG

Other Side with first GB, BB, and PK Clone (she got a little toasted by the 450w thats coming out of the HID above. Oops:)
IMG_213930.JPG

Happy Sunday All,

Cheers

Looks great jesse! Excited to see those stank beans grow. Should be so fine crosses indeed

Sub'd in brother......nice work on those Stank Genetics. They look happy and healthy! Glad to see they popped and are going strong. You are the first one to run the DTFs....congrats! Love seeing them being grown in a hydro as well.....lets me get a good idea how they respond in that environment!

Good Morning and Happy Valentines Day! Its day 6 and we have some photo updates. I have an oscillating fan that hangs from a chain from the ceiling, and puts an irregular wind pattern on all the plants to get them to be strong lil ones. The lean you can see is a reaction to the fan movement.

IMG_2190_1_2.JPG
IMG_2189_1_1.JPG
IMG_2189_1_1.JPG
IMG_2191_1_2.JPG
IMG_2192_1_2.JPG
IMG_2150_1_.JPG
IMG_2194_1_.JPG

My Stank genetics are happy, the Gorillas are happy, and if the Bubble can make a turn for the better, she may turn out ok:)

Cheers!

Nice set up. I love how organized everything is. can't wait to see how it turns out. .

Thank you! Welcome to my journal, please chime in whenever you feel!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom