Stealth Tire Grow

StealthtireGr

Hey Guys

I'm new and wanted to start a new Stealth Grow Journal. Grow was actualy started on 8-4-09, just getting to getting it down here, hope the Garage Stealth Grow helps others! STG

My issues are:
1. No place indoors as I share the living space with others, but I do have a space that is all mine, but has frequent visitors, to include a best bud in the shop working on Cars, but doesn't need to know I Grow! Not against it, but the less friends know the better with regards to this subject!
2. Heat disapation was an issue, so CFL's are a must.

My Solution was as the name applies "Stealth Tire Grow"

I started with 3 large SUV Tires for a 20" Rim got these free from a local tire store who was more than happy for me to take them. Used thru bolts to bolt them together, at 4 points each junction for tire #1 to #2 to #3.

Once bolted use utility knife to cut the inner lips at Tire junction #1 to #2 and #2 to #3, just makes the cabinet larger.

Spray Paint inside White, Cheap Gloss from Dollar GEneral $5

Then I cut a piece of Scrap OSB 1" Smaller than the #1 Tire OD. Attached 4 heavy Duty Casters 2" Tall, and Cut a hole on 1 side 4" x 2.5", used a piece of scrap gutter screen screwed down flat over hole. then Mounted a 4" x 4" 12V Fan underneath, make sure your Casters are long enough to keep fan from hitting, Then wire Tie a piece of gutter Screen over the bottom face of the fan in the 4 holes provided. Can mount fan on the inside for quiter running I'm Sure! Currently have a Sheet around the front of the Casters Area to push sound to the back wall, and have a Radio Above it on low to drown out the 12V Fan, will move inside next grow!

Thru Bolt Bottom Lid with Casters to the bottom of #1 Tire. Lid fits and easy to remove.

Then I cut another 1/2" thick OSB Scrap to 20" OD and use it for the LID, same size hole in the top as vent in the bottmo, covered with screen.

Lighting is 5 x 23w 6500k with FLexible Clamp on Lamps from wal-fart they have directional shades to focuse the Light, with 2 more 23W CFL in the lid.

I modified the Lid with 2 TEC's and a large Heat Sink, the Idea is to use the TEC's To Cool the STG Room in Summer and Heat in Winter. These parts were sitting around from an old Project and said WTF Go for it! cooling the Top Heat sinks makes a 45degree difference on the large Heat sink below, so if it cools or not remains to be seen, more worried about heating in the winter than cooling in the summer!

The unit is on Casters as it's the perfect height to slide under a bench with only an inch clearance this hides the top lid, and easily slids out to service the plants.

The Plants were germinated from some excellent commerical weed I had, so they will do for a first Attempt! Hope to buy some Fem Seeds next time around unless this turns out as good as it's looking.

Early Testing shows STG staying at 28c with 5 Bulbs running in a A/C "Controlled" Garage that runs on a timer from 8:00am to 8:00pm on a timer, yes i spend alot of time in this garage woking. 7 bulbs @ 23W 6500K room temp is 30c Degrees! Days are 90+ outside/78 degrees inside.

More to Come
STG

Tea_Room_hidden_small.jpg

Here she is! Old Take off Tires have been Moved under the Bench as well! Too much cluttered, and the Bench Cleaned!

STG

The Biggest Plant sat out in the YARD for 3 to 4 weeks prior to the 8-4-09and did nothing , did not Grow, did not Die either! So I transplanted in in the Clay Pot in the Center, the 5 other Pots all have Germinated seeds!

So now we can consider this Post 8-4-09 for Time Frame purposes!

STG

Tea_Room_Mom_8-26-09_half.jpg

Here we are on 8-26-09 and looking better! Plants were move up to keep from bending over the side so much, board is setting on a 5 gallon bucket!!

Old Girl is topped and bushing out, Old girl has a side Node as well that jus split off and started growing on the side so I moved a light around to take advantage of the growth and Focused a Light on that area and now it's kicking on it's own!

The Clamp on Lights allow you to move up and down the tire rungs to place light where you want it. The NODES at 1/4" to 1/2" apart on the juviniles, this may be the type plant it is as well, as I have NO Clue what Strain they are! I have a Clue that it is Very Indica Dominate though!

I need another Team Room just like it so I can go back and forth from Veg to Flowering and cut Growing time for sure!

Just Growing for me so this will do for now!

STG

Very cool, I wish you only the best with the set up. Very stealthy for sure :headbanger: :goodjob:

Is that the intake or exhaust hole with the grate over it? I like it!

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope heat does not become an issue

+REPS!

Back
Top Bottom