50 Seeds Every Month - 3 Tents - Co2 - Ebb & Flood

Baron

Hello there fellow Americans and other nations.

Im not new to the forum as I have been scoping a lot around for a decent forum to post my delicious Resinous plants ( well not yet but soon to be ).
This site has a lot to offer and with America so close to better MMJ laws this
must be the place to do it.

Anyways, I have 5 years of growing experience and been growing a lot of different strains ( mostly from Amsterdam ), but about a year ago I was introduced to the breeding method, and then I where on my way to amsterdam to select my seeds for the sexing.

The choise where pretty hard but I think I made a perfect choise for parents/genes.
I went in to Sensi Seeds ( in Amsterdam, red light area ) and bought the following seeds:

Afghan #1

Afghan_1.jpg

The plants from the fast, heavy, compact side of the cannabis family tree are named after India, and it's true that these strains are commonly grown for charas in the mountainous north of the country. However, the most perfect examples of the dark, ultra-resinous Cannabis Indica genotype are actually found hundreds of kilometres to the northwest, in the mountains of Afghanistan.

Dedicated students of Indica bloodlines often refer to these varieties as 'Afghanica' when speaking of their favourites and as 'hash plants' when talking generally of the strains found across India, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Many Indica-heads prefer their ganja without a trace of Sativa or Skunk, while some purists will only consume weed or hash that they know to be 100% Cannabis Indica

In years past, the most determined Indica-lovers have journeyed all the way to Pakistan, then across the Afghan border into 'hashish country' – the high reaches of the Hindu Kush between Chitral, Mazar-i-Sharif, down to Kandahar in the south – in search of pure, unaltered local seeds which might be brought home to grow into the Afghanica of their dreams.

A more reliable and cost-effective option is simply to obtain a packet of Sensi's Afghani #1. The very best parents from our unparalleled range of Afghani cultivars have been distilled into a single seed variety that gives growers textbook examples of the Afghanica genotype every time.

Anyone looking for a compact, fast easy-growing indoor strain capable of copious yields and almost-frightening resin production need look no further. Whether growers want uniform crops from seed or outstanding pure Indica mother plants to fill their flowering space with dynamic dark green clones, Afghani #1 has it covered.

Even first-timers find it hard not to succeed with this strain, and growers who bring out the full potential of Afghani #1 rank her among the finest original Indicas to be found anywhere.

&

White Widow

WL-whitewidow.jpg

Winner of the numerous Cannabis Cup awards - White Widow!

White Widow is the most potent cannabis on Earth and is named for the abundance of trichomes, giving the plant a whitish tint. It is also one of the more powerful strains of marijuana (alongside AK-47 and Afghan Kush) with a very high 20%-25% THC content.

White Widow original seeds are (60%/40%) indica/sativa cross-strain and is best suited to indoor cannabis cultivation. Our original seeds grow as high as 35-80 cm with the yield up to 450 gr per m2. It's suggested to flower (12 hour light) this marijuana variety for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. Try to turn the lights off altogether the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle- or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from re-growth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower! The buds have so much THC on them that it is hard to see them at all.

Our White Widow original seeds produce plants that give you the taste of freshness laced with many fruits, because of the strength of the cannabis crystals - the only real taste goes hand in hand with the expectorant effects of the THC. You better try it for yourself. The smell is strong pungency. It first hits you, then follows a sour sweetness with the final whiff ... turning sweet. If a plant could have a strong body odour then the White Widow needs a deodorant.

Cannabis smokers adore its sweet, thick, acrid smoke that imparts a hammering stone. Extremely powerful. Experienced smokers only.

We offer you various strains of White Widow - the backbone of the White Label Seeds industry and one of the most famous marijuana strains in modern growing. Check below. Satisfaction for every taste!

I have crossed them both ways White Widow x Afghan #1 and Afghan #1 x White Widow. I pollinated the girls 3 days ago and the hairs already show sucess with the pollination ( hairs turn brown and dries out when they are pollinated, they will then start producing seeds).
The plants still has 6 weeks before ripe seeds, but I have just popped 50 from another seed harvest, and I still have 50 more that Im gonna popp in next week.

Pollination method I used
I popped 20 seeds, 10 of each strain ( Afghan #1 and White Widow ). I flowered them after 5 weeks of harvest ( a little lait due to a small vacation, but no worries, just got little to tall ). After 2nd week of flower I coud see the sex on all the plants and killed 16 of them leaving 4 very healthy big plants ( 2 of each strain, 1 male and one female ).
They where seperated in different rooms ( not just different tents, they produce heavy loads of pollen, so you need to change room also ) and flowered normally for 2 more weeks.
After 4 weeks into flowering the buds will be well established on the females plants aswell as the males ( males are usually a lot bigger as they flower faster ) , and now I pollinate my plants.
I collect the fallen pollen by shaking the plant, and then paint with a paint brush. You need to collect some pollen, so I just cut down some male flowers and used a Hash Shaker ( a hand machine that you can make hash with ) that has a screen for resin, but also works for pollen. So I just scrape the bottem and paint my buds ( very important to leave all fans off if you have othe females in room ). I have a couple of other females, so I have now kept the fans of for 3 days, but I keep exhaused system running 24/7.
You will see the buds forming in 3 - 4 weeks maybe before, but a way you can determine when they are making seeds is if the white hairs suddenly turns brown/red and dry up, Good sign.

SOG
The method I use is a well knowned one in my area, and not so used in restricted area as you are in need for much more plants in same space.
I can also tell you that dealing with seeds is 5 times more pain then clones with this progres, but I use seeds as I find that much more interesting.
Imagine this, I need 16 females plant in each tent for this to work properly.
The way I do it is popping 50 seeds and flower all 50, usually after 14 days I can select my 16 girls as they are maturing way more faster then the rest.
I follow every plant very closely and keep notes on all the seedlings as they are filling up the space. There will be a 1 plant little less pr sq/ft.

LS Training
Many people like to Trim the plants or topp it, but I can't use this method as my veg time is so short and cant afford a stunted grow.
I find that Low Stress Training is more plessuring then the above methods as they are not stressed as much, and will usually be back to normal day after.
I thigh them down so it grows more like an horizontal "S" shape.
The low bud sites will then shoot out and grow intact with the main top leaving 5 nice colas per plant.

Hydroponic
Hydroponic is the only way you can grow SOG easy and the Ebb and Flood table with net pots are very good for air circulation. The pots are 20mm and table is just under 1 sqm, that will be 16 plants on one table ( I have 2x ).
The 2x resovoir takes aprox 90 l and should hold for 10 days.
I water them 3 times a day with 15 min of running each time. But that is in late flowering, I always start with 2 times a day ( when lights go on, then 3 hours before light go off ).

Grow Space
I have 3 grow tents, The smallest of them I use for seedlings and preflower also. The size of this tent is 31x31x62" and I wil be popping 50 seeds in this tent using Rockwool as medium ( 1" then moved to 4" rockwool ). The 50 seeds wil take 1 month from seeds before this progres is repeated.
The other 2 tents are bigger and messure 39"x39"x80" and contains an ebb and flood table each. The 2 tents are always at different stage of flowering ( I can only have max 50 seeds in the smallest tent at same time ) with 1 month in between ( I have harvest every month ).

Light
HPS lamps are the lamps I use for flowering, and use CFL light for seedlings and vegging. I have 2 CFL lamps, one is 32w and used the first week for seedlings ( 1 inch above plant, this makes the stem and plant not stretch ), then switched to 110w FLC ( 4 inch from lamp as this produce more heat, but still limited stretching ).
After the FLC vegging for my seedlings for totally 3 weeks ill switch to my 250w HPS ( not cooled ) for pre flowering ( determine sex ), this stage is for 2 weeks usually.
I then select only my best females out of 50 regular popped seeds and move them to the empty large tent ( the other tent is 1 month from harvest as there are always 1 month in between ).
The 2 large tents has 400w HPS lamps that are both Air cooled to keep a perfect degree of 80 degrees ( the 2 large lamps are also on at different time, so when one of them goes off, the other one goes on, this helps with heat also ).
I have superb reflection in all the tents and 45% hr.

Neuts
Neuts where not an issue for me as I have been using Canna products for many years, always gives me perfect results and very easy to use.
I keep them stored in a refigirator on 45 degrees. I also keep my seeds stored in same refigirator.
The medium I use beside the rockwool is clay, if I forgot to mention it.

Im taking pictures now, ill be editing and answering comments in a couple of min, max 1:30 h

Baron:roorrip:

re: 50 seeds every month, 3 tents, Co2, Ebb and Flood

I'm looking forward to following your grow, it sounds great. Glad you chose 420 to post your journal. We have lots of expert growers here, and now we have one more..:popcorn:

Welcome to the boards. Peace and good growing :rollit:

Welcome to 420.
I think watching your grow will be fun and informative for small growers like me and big time growers too.
I love the way you post all the details, makes me know the planning involved with a great grow.
Looking forward to a monster grow.:goodjob:

50 seeds every month, 3 tents, Co2, Ebb and Flood

Thx for the warm welcome!

I took some pictures and posted them up.

This is how the plant looks like after I train it in the shape Im looking for.
You can see I have some tops that are now forming and are at same hight as the main top. I leave the plant like this for a week ( if the maintop grows higher then the rest do it again, just lower the top more down ).

DSC_00283.JPG

DSC_00263.JPG

DSC_00302.JPG

DSC_00243.JPG

Now the second tent, There are 5 flowering plants in that tent atm.
3 of them are producing seeds and 2 of them are just budding. They are healthy with a dark green color, but camera can show another colour with the HPS on as the 1st pictures shows. All are 4 weeks into flowering.

The plant nearest to the left : Afghan #1 x White Widow ( Female x Male )

The plant in the middle : Cloud #9 and White Widow ( Female x Male )

The plant nearest to the right : White Widow x Afghan #1 ( Female x Male )

The 2 plants in the back are the Maple Poison just budding.

DSC_00332.JPG

The next 2 pictures shows sucessfull pollination, you can easly see the red/brown hears forming ( atleast on the first picture ). This is a very good sign, after that I threw my males in the trash. The pictures where taken from Afghan #1 x White Widow plant.

DSC_00361.JPG

DSC_00382.JPG

The plants in the back are the Maple Poison that I am also currently flowering mutliple of in the other tent. It was just a test to see the hight of the plant and determine when to start flowering. They look very beutiful all around, and I was lucky that a friend breeder gave me 200 seeds of this strain to me.

DSC_00413.JPG

DSC_00403.JPG

To eliminate some heat problems I moved my ballast out side the room, wel I did that 2 years ago, but anywho, the temp went 4 degrees lower after taking them outside the grow room.

DSC_00321.JPG

Im not sure what other do about their fine trimmings, but I love to make hash/oil, and I use my Bubbleator for the hash, I also have an extra bag with it so it is now a 3 bag setup: 220mc ( dirt collector ) 70mc and 39mc I think. Also took a picture of my smoking bongs/pipes that I usualy smoke my hash in. The hash I make is very potent, and prices for this hash usualy goes for 60usd in Amsterdam coffeshop ( im sure people here can confirm that this machine is amazing ).

DSC_00233.JPG

gallery_91_30_4033909.jpg

DSC_00311.JPG

Hurricane Bong ROX, Usually smoke pure in it, weed or hash.

This is the picture update

Baron

Great pics, Great detailed infomation. Great journal starting Baron. You really are a busy man!! No more vacation ok :laughtwo: Keep going strong!! I'm here to stay ! :popcorn::thanks:

setting sun Sooo gooood!! :roorrip:

Took some new pictures today, they are looking pretty awsome and the small bud sites are shooting up like crazy now. Im still not sure how many males are in this crop, I hate that day when time comes to eliminate plants , but still have to do it. The plants are 1 week into flowering now, and should show sex in 7 - 10 days.

DSC_00291.JPG

DSC_00351.JPG

the plants have very dark leaves and look very healthy. This strain seems to be perfect for training also

DSC_00333.JPG

DSC_00312.JPG

That was the update for today :)

Baron :roorrip:

Great pics, Great detailed infomation. Great journal starting Baron. You really are a busy man!! No more vacation ok :laughtwo: Keep going strong!! I'm here to stay ! :popcorn::thanks:

Thx man :) .
It does take some of my time, yes hehehe.
But I have also people working for me, I have one buyer that buys the crop, and he is looking after them if I needed a vacation :)

setting sun: Np's, Im glad you enjoyed it :roorrip:

Tunes420: Thx man, just wait until the budding starts :)

PitViper: Hehe, yep. Its called LST ( Low Stress Training )

WeedyMcWeedWeed: Thx bro :) Ofc, when the seeds are ready, they wil be popped :D ( 5 - 6 weeks from now ).
But they also need 14 days drying, but while Im waiting I use some other seeds that I have stored.

Thx for the rep m8 :)

Day 8 of flowering!
The highest plant messures 8" from medium, and looking still healthy all though the space is always and issue in this method. I have removed one male today, and they should be poppin soon, this eliminates the space problem.

DSC_00244.JPG

DSC_00254.JPG

DSC_00234.JPG

I have removed a male, and I see male potential. I dont remove males until I can clarely see pollen sack forming. I think I will get more females then I was hoping/needed for, but Ill see in the end. Anyways space is precious using so many plants, so eliminating males is actually not always a sad thing :) . The first picture shows the male I removed, and a potential male ( Ill say it is 100% male, but ill remove in a day or 2 ) on the second.

DSC_00335.JPG

DSC_00314.JPG

The training week for my plants is now over and I have removed some of the threads holding the stem down. The next few pictures shows the same plant in this week until today.

DSC_00263.JPG

DSC_00283.JPG

DSC_00312.JPG

DSC_00333.JPG

DSC_00264.JPG

DSC_00284.JPG

DSC_00273.JPG

That was the update for today :peace:

Baron :roorrip:

Her is some pictures I snapped of the Seed progress. Seeds has started to popp out now, and should be ready maybe in 4 weeks.

The one to the left is Afghan #1 and crossed with White Widow

The one in the middle is Cloud 9 and crossed with White Widow

The one closest to the right are White Widow crossed with Afghan #1

And the are Maple Poison in the back just budding.

I took only pictures of the seed plants below

DSC_00245.JPG

DSC_00285.JPG

DSC_00274.JPG

DSC_00292.JPG

DSC_00305.JPG

They grow pretty fast in size now, and another male has been removed today. I took some pictures with light off today. All have a nice colour and look healthy.

DSC_00371.JPG

DSC_00336.JPG

Small update :) :roorrip:

Baron

I have eliminated some males now, and it seems that I will only have 12 plants to fill up the table when I should of had 16. This is a glipp in my scheduel so I am going to use clones soon as this will always grant me with females. But it will take me some time to get the plants ready, so I might popp 50 more seeds soon to fill that gap.

I will have 2 month to get the females ready from regular seeds, so I popped 3 Original White Widow and 3 Afghan #1 and vegging them up to be 2 strong female plants ( one of each strain ofc ).
When the seeds that I am currently making are done, Ill popp a couple of those aswell to make more Mother plant

Motherplant LIST:

White Whidow : White Label
Afghan #1 : Sensi Seeds
&
White Widow x Afghan #1 : My own making

Afghan #1 x White Widow : My own making

I will eventually have 4 moms one of each above strains, and they are also gonna be in soil and auto watering ( drip/feed method, running it 24/7 so no timer on the drip system ).
They will be grown in the small grow tent, ( see on 1st page for setup list and detail ) and I just purchused a new one even smaller for the clones ( 60x60x120 cm ).
The clones will root in an aeroponic system that will hold 30 plants each time.
I will make this unit myself and I have everything needed to make it, just dont have time yet :) .

But anyways, Im finishing this journal that I started, then start the new one when Im ready ( Will proberbly have 2 journals at once at some point hehe.

Here is a couple of pictures I took today, the ones that are 100% female are in 20cm net pots, the rest is on hold ( mostly sure that 90 % there is female ).

DSC_00265.JPG

DSC_00255.JPG

DSC_00293.JPG

DSC_00315.JPG

DSC_00341.JPG

This is it for today :)

Btw: Smoking some very nice Hash from Marrocco now called "Ketama Gold" good imported hash :D :roorrip::bongrip:

Baron

Nice grow!

I love your ebb and flow setup. I haven't seen anyone use large net cups before, but I can see how that would provide lots of oxygen. You place the females in the cups once you know sex? Do you have to flood more often with the net pots than with regular pots?

Your canopy looks awesome!

+rep!

Thx man :)

yep, once they show sex they will be potted, but clones can be potted right away.
It is amazing how big and how fast they mature compared to soil, I would say grow speed is allmost dobbel the speed.
When I was waiting for the sex determine, they where only flooded once every 3 days.
After I transplanted them I keep the rockwool above the reach of water so they can not get soaked ( 3 - 5 cm above the water level ).
So they need atleast 2 times a day flooding the tables for 15 min, and 3 times a day later ( I always have 5 min running in the middle of the night also to keep the roots from drying out ).

I have used and explored with many system and compared results, nothing is as easy to manage as this setup ( Also very easy to DIY also ).

I have used and explored with many system and compared results, nothing is as easy to manage as this setup ( Also very easy to DIY also ).

Thanks for the info!

I was going to ask you where you got that tray that fits so nicely into your tent, because my tent is 32" X 32", and I haven't been able to find anything except for 24" or 36". A 24" tray wouldn't let me spread the plants out as much.

Do you happen to have a list of parts for DIY? I'd love to put something like that together.

Shoot, I just went back and read that your ebb and flow systems are in your 39" X 39" tents. I knew it was too good to be true, lol.

Back
Top Bottom