CLOJ Goes Coco! Mandala Speed Queen - Drip to Waste

CLOJSignature.jpg

WELCOME!

Ok, so now that I have a few soil grows under my belt. I have decided to go coco! This will be a brand new medium for me, so sit back and enjoy the ride...hopefully it won't be too bumpy! ;)

I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to chime in with grow tips, criticism, humor, and anything else you see that I could be doing better. I am ever trying to expand my grow knowledge and learn more about this plant that we all love...And I have found the 420mag community to be the best place for that. Everyone on these forums has been so friendly, generous, and helpful! I hope I see some of the familiar faces and some new faces checking in on me every now and then. THANKS!!

DETAIL

0625102054-00.png

What strain is it? - Speed Queen from Mandala
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? - Indica dom. hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? - Seeds
Indoor or outdoor? - Indoor
Room size? - 4'x2'x4' - veg. and 4'x3'x7.5' - flower
Soil or Hydro? - COCO
Size of light? - 430w T5 and 600w hps
Is it aircooled? - yup
Any Pests ? - nada
How often are you watering? - Once every day
Type and strength of ferts used? - FF nutes

Ok, so I'm hoping to get this grow up and going this weekend! I still have to build my drip and waste lines and get everything tested and dialed in between now and then. I will post some of the first pics very soon!!

Till then,

:peace::yahoo::peace::yahoo:

Re: CLOJ Goes Coco! *Mandala Speed Queen* - Drip to Waste

Just finished building the drip setup. Did some test runs, and everything is working smoothly. Buried the seeds and watered them in...hope to see sprouts in a few days!!

CanonRebel_1782.PNG

CanonRebel_1832.PNG

More updates when they break the surface! :peace: everybody!

No updates yet...still waiting for the beans to sprout. But I just picked up a strain called Frog from my local dispensary. Never heard of the strain before, but it is real nice! Anyone else tried it before??

Frog mmj...and yes that is an original Woodsman smoking piece. My new favorite way to smoke! ;)
CanonRebel_186.PNG

:peacetwo:

Mini update:

8 of the 10 Speed Queens have broken the surface! I hope to see 2 more very soon. I'll post pics when they have shed their the shells.

:peace:

Sorry, don't know why this pic didn't show up on the last post:
CanonRebel_220.PNG

Any love for the coco grow? Plenty views no comments. :hmmmm:

Oh well, I'll stick with corny movie references..."If you grow it, they will come". ha!

Medication time!:tokin:

I'm in!

very interested in coco myself, so wanna see how it works for you.

I love your DIY drip system! Are the plants going to be in that system for the whole grow?

Thanks for stopping by Setting Sun!

Yes, the plants will be in the drip system for the whole grow. I will be making an identical drip system that will fit into my flower cabinet. Then I can just move the plants over when they are ready for 12/12.
I'll try to have lots of updates and pics along the way. Hopefully you will see enough to make a better decision about going coco. :morenutes:

:peacetwo:

Looks good. Coco works great. :popcorn:

:peace:

Thanks for Stopping by AB! I hope I can make it work well for me. I just need to get it dialed in. :goodluck:

That's the stuff! Nice. Coir looks a little hairy but Tony the Tiger knows how it works.
How big are those containers?

I like the setup! Wondering how big those containers are too.

SG

Thanks Propa-G and Sanibel! The containers are 1gal water jugs. I'll be wrapping them soon to keep the light away from those roots.

Very cool setup.

Is your drip system hand-watered or pumped, recirculating or run-to-waste?

Hey SS,

The drip system is fed from a pump. All the run-off is going into a waste bucket that I empty every few days. A little bit more work than my previous soil grows, but I have a feeling it will be worth it in the end!

Thanks brotha!:peace::ganjamon::peace:

Mini Update:

Today the seedlings are 1 week old. One didn't make it, so I'm down to 9 now. Amongst the ones that are left there are 2 runts but I think they will catch up in the coming weeks.

pics:

CanonRebel_2191.PNG

CanonRebel_2201.PNG

CanonRebel_2211.PNG

Next update in a week! :)

To turn your pump on then off, when you know for how long: Digital Timer
I looked at those water jugs(?), and think they look good. Bigger than mine.

Yea, I have a digital timer I set aside for the job. I'll have to determine how long to run the pump. My guess is about 2 mins...my pump moves water at a pretty good rate.
And, I saw that you were using the 3liter containers...how long do you think you can veg them before you fear the roots will outgrow your containers??

Thanks Propa-G:ganjamon:

Timely question:
how long do you think you can veg them before you fear the roots will outgrow your containers??
I turned the lights out on the next(other) cage tonight. They've over-vegged and I topped 5 of 8. Roots fill all bottles, and come out the bottom of one. I'll post pix in my journal, along with an extreme root ball from my trial grow.
We'll see :hmmmm:
my pump moves water at a pretty good rate.
Drip emitters take many variables out of the answer to: How long to 'water'?
Search the net, many outfits supply these. Wide variety and prices.
I'll get some quart per hour ones, and give them a try... if I can find them again :bong:
I've fed mine a pint and sometimes 2 pints each per day.

:popcorn: Just randomly scanned all the Journals in Progress and found yours. Glad I did. Don't know the medium, so it will be new for me too.

Since the medium is opaque, that should allow for the clear containers since roots don't like light, right? That is how I understand it, so I wonder if the light will prune the roots before they hit the container walls. That could stop the roots from spinning in the pots.

Back
Top Bottom