NobleWeed's Perpetual Grow, Soiless

NobleWeed

Well i guess its time for me to make a new grow journal since my last one has been over with for a while now. Well lets start with the basics.

Q:What strain is it?
A:I am growing my original hybrid from last grow, calling it F1.
Also i am growing Seedman seeds Norther lights, Afghan #1 and skunk haze.

Q:If in Veg... For how long?
A:I am keeping one plant from each type in veg till i can clone it and bring it into the flower room.

Q:If in Flower stage... For how long?
A:I have two F1 in 8th week of flowering and one in 6th week. All the other plants are 14days or younger.

Q:Indoor or outdoor?
A:Indoor.

Q:Soil or Hydro?
A:I am using 2" rockwool cubes for vegging till 10" tall then i am planting them into Pro mix 4 with Rainbow Mix granules with Mycrorrhizae. I am using 5 gallon grow bags for flowering.

Q:Size of light?
A:Currently i am using 2 400W PHS lights for Bloom and one 400W MH for vegging.

Q:Temp of Room?
A:73F

Q:RH of Room?
A:30-35%

Q:Any Pests ?
A:I did have some small flies that i think got into my pro mix when it was out on the deck but they are all gone now.

Q:How often are you watering?
A:I am watering when they need it usually every 3 days.

Q:Type and strength of ferts used?
A:I am using canna series when they are in rockwool @ 600ppm and then i am using the Rainbow mix granuals for the pro mix @ 2tbs per gal. Also i am using rasberry concentrate @ 2cc per gallon for Bloom to add a fruity flavor.

Here Is what the grow room looks like on paper.
grow_room.jpeg

And in real life.
grow_room14.JPG

Out of the 10 Afghan seeds i planted 4 and all 4 sprouted
Out of the 10 Northern light i planted 4 and 3 sprouted.
2 afghan were male plants which i let flower in my 3X3 tent and collected the pollen.
1 afghan was a full Hermie so i cut it down. The last one is flowering.
Only one Northern light was Hermie. i cut it down today. It wasn't so bad it was pulling the clone if it out of my propagation tray that was hard to do.

This is my afghan
Afg_1.JPG

And the Hermie
male39.JPG

Looks like a great start my man, loving the grow area layouts, is it a room you have divided? or did you make the rooms yourself?

SG

Thank you SanibelGreen. Yes this is a 10 by 10 room my wife let me use. I made all the tents with panda film except the 3 by 3 tent was given to me by a friend.

Thanks for the diagram of your grow room - it's helped me figure out how I want to handle adding separate staging areas in my tent system.

Panda film makes it really easy to divide rooms up.

Looks great man! Glad to see they are making a good transition. Ganja, Panda film is sometimes where I am from at least called black/white film. The black side is a heat blocker as well as mold/moisture and is the side you put on the wall so the other side being the white side is highly reflective keeping your plants happy. It is also thick which make it good for making rooms like Noble did here. Hope this helps! :cool:

SG

Looks great man! Glad to see they are making a good transition. Ganja, Panda film is sometimes where I am from at least called black/white film. The black side is a heat blocker as well as mold/moisture and is the side you put on the wall so the other side being the white side is highly reflective keeping your plants happy. It is also thick which make it good for making rooms like Noble did here. Hope this helps! :cool:

SG

Yes ganjaballZ, SanibelGreen is exactly right. PandaFilm is 10mill thick poly, Black on one side and White on the other. It comes in roles of 10' by 25' or longer. and its relatively cheap.

Ok guys here is my update.
My Girls are pregnant with seeds. My pollination worked. I pollinated a few buds on each plant with my Afghan pollen from my two large males. I pollinated them about two weeks ago as soon as the pollen started to fall. I used a long wooden Q-tip covered in pollen with all the ventilation turned off. Then waited 24 hours before i sprayed then all with water to kill the pollen that might be blown around by the fan. I'm not hoping for hundreds of seeds, I'm not trying to be a breeder just a few seeds per plant with a little more Afghan traits and more of a head high is all I'm asking. I cross bread the Northern lights, Skunk Haze, my F1 and i pollinated the Afghan. They just started showing today. The pics are a little out of focus and i didn't have time to experiment with the camera before the lights went out. (was out of the house all day)

Here is my Haze, you can clearly see the pods.
Haze_pods.JPG

And the Afghan. (out of focus)
AFG_pods.JPG

I do plan to set up a breeding lab and try bringing some new tricks in genetic manipulation along (purely as a hobby). I'm curious if it would be possible to collect pollen "legally" - just thinking out loud as your post made the wheels start cranking.

Thanks for the answer on "Panda Film" - I Google'd it and found it's another one of those examples of our community re-naming things. How does the film work for you in terms of light reflection and thermal insulation?

Nice neew grow journal Noble. Question, do you know what # of NL they sold you? #5, #9? Curious, since I've just grown some #5 and got three different plants! Now of course I'm regenerating one of them and have one from seed also that is female (outdoor of course). I'll be around my friend, good luck!

++++Reps to you!

Subscribed!

Did you keep your males alive (or at least put some pollen into cold storage) for later back-crossing of what will grow from the seeds that you are producing?

Thanks for the answer on "Panda Film" - I Google'd it and found it's another one of those examples of our community re-naming things. How does the film work for you in terms of light reflection and thermal insulation?

I don't know what kind you are looking at but Panda Film is made by sunlight supply, Inc. It works Great as light reflector and thermal insulation because it is 6mill think. (not 10 mill)

Nice neew grow journal Noble. Question, do you know what # of NL they sold you? #5, #9? Curious, since I've just grown some #5 and got three different plants! Now of course I'm regenerating one of them and have one from seed also that is female (outdoor of course). I'll be around my friend, good luck!

++++Reps to you!

Nice to hear from you Woodsman! Sorry i don't know the answer to your question. I think it is #1 because it didn't come with a number. This is what the Seedsman seeds says about it. And i am tuned into your outdoor grow as well.

Genetics:Afghani/Skunk No. 1/Haze

Variety:Strongly Indica (>80%)

Type:F1 Hybrid

Harvest Date:Mid - Late September

Characteristics:Early maturing plant producing large flowers.

Subscribed!

Did you keep your males alive (or at least put some pollen into cold storage) for later back-crossing of what will grow from the seeds that you are producing?

I kept the males alive long enough to collect half a thimble full of pollen. I put it in a pill bottle in the freezer which the wife promptly left open the same night. My bottle was covered in ice crystals but i think that its still good as long as it didn't condense and moisture in the bottle.

Ok and now for an update on my grow. Here is a pic of my garden today.
DSC010454.JPG

Can you see whats missing?
These girls here.
DSC010324.JPG
DSC010393.JPG

The one on bottom i didn't water to see if harvesting dry would make it easier. NO it dose not! It makes it harder. Much harder. These plants were experiments to see if peat moss, per light and soil amendment would be good medium and it dose not. I learned it makes a dirt-create that doesn't drain.

Here are the harvest photos.
DSC010373.JPG
DSC010365.JPG
DSC010426.JPG

Wow those colase look the same. The top one if from the healthy plant and the bottom one if from the dried up plant. (after i cut all the brown off)
DSC010434.JPG

The one on bottom i didn't water to see if harvesting dry would make it easier. NO it dose not!

LOL, no. No, no, no, no, no... I tried that one once, myself. What sucked worse, trimming them dry instead of freshly cut or the leaves sticking to the buds when they initially wilted?

It makes it harder. Much harder. These plants were experiments to see if peat moss, per light and soil amendment would be good medium and it dose not. I learned it makes a dirt-create that doesn't drain.

It can also do "interesting" things to the pH as it ages.

Going to enter one of those in the Nug of the Month contest when they're cured? Ought to look pretty good if you don't have to break them up for storage. Well, they look pretty good now, lol but you know what I mean.:grinjoint:

Thank you TorturedSoul. I don't know about nug of the month but i will dry them separately to see how they firm up.

My Skunk 44 is a girl! I haven't mentioned her here because i thought she was a Hermie and took twice as long as the other seeds to grow. She is showing hairs and i think i might pollinate her with my afghan pollen. I am not much into skunk breeds but both free seeds were skunk so i think ill try growing it. The skunk haze is HUGE. i have it in the corner so as not to burn the top on my lights.

here is a in focus seed shot.
DSC010476.JPG

Skunk... Not so much, but I've liked hazes. I can't wait for the cured smoke report on that SkxHz. It does sound interesting and ought to finish quicker.

Skunk... Not so much, but I've liked hazes. I can't wait for the cured smoke report on that SkxHz. It does sound interesting and ought to finish quicker.

Oh yea I cant wait to smoke the skunk haze. Ive heard nothing but good things about all hazes. Here are some more Haze pics. There are some seed pods in the second one but they are hard to see.
DSC010535.JPG

DSC010543.JPG

Back
Top Bottom