Sunni - a Pheno? Clone

Tmac12

Hey All,

Gonna tell you about Solar Girl real quick. She was a clone from Solar.
Went in the cloner July1, potted July 16, moved to flower closet July28. Harvested Sept 16. We think she got pollenated... so are expecting some unmature seeds. But she tastes real good!

2010_0916solarsunni0001.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0007.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0010.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0011.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0012.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0016.JPG

NOW on to Sunni, also a clone of Solar, also has the leave anomoly.

Into the cloner on July 23, potted Aug 9, moved to flower closet Sept 16. She is about 24 inches tall (dirt to tip) and in MG. You can go and see younger photos on the link below.

2010_0916solarsunni0017.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0018.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0019.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0020.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0021.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0022.JPG

2010_0916solarsunni0023.JPG

Hope you enjoy!

Re: Sunni, a pheno? clone

Okay we got about a half oz from Solar Girl. At least that will be the weight when her buds finish drying. Also I am thinking she did not get pollenated after all.

Also Hubby corrected me, Sunni is 19" tall from soil to tip.

Re: Sunni, a pheno? clone

I am in Fla so cannot update photos, but Hubby reports she is flowering now and doing really well. Will be back Oct 9 and will take photos. I took a clone from Sunni and it is doing well. Rooted and potted already. Maybe a mother plant.

Okay I am back from Fla! While I was gone Abby started loosing some of her leaves, then Amy, Annie was doing well and so was Sunni. Now they are starting to show symtoms too. Anyone got a clue what this could be? All are clones.
This is Sunni.
2010_1009Sunni0006.JPG

spots just starting on Sunni.
2010_1009Sunni0005.JPG

This is Amy. She hardly has any leaves left.
2010_1009amy0014.JPG

This is Abby.
2010_1009Saturday0010.JPG

2010_1009Saturday0003.JPG

2010_1009Saturday0002.JPG

This is Annie. She has 3 colas.
2010_1009anni0009.JPG

Hey Funny & Wango!

hey tmac12,how far into flower are the ones losing leaves? runoff ph?

to be safe i would flush with ph'ed water .you could go to faq at the start.But we will need a lot more info to help. Good luck:tokin::tokin:

HH

Nice looking buds Tmac. I had the same issue with one of my bad seed grown in soil. She lost all of her leaves, finished 3 weeks early and barely yielded a thing. The rest look nice though and Sunni, well, just speaks for itself... :)

Hi HH & Herb Any ideas would be great!

Annie Amy Abby to flower closet 8-25-10
Sunni to flower closet 9-16-10

Amy never seemed to thrive, but Annie and Abby did. It started with fading lower leaves, dying off. Then other leaves got some spots and leaves died rapidly. Annie and Sunni were doing well till yesterday and now showing same signs. Miracle grow soil. The well water we use to water with is 6.2ph. Only been getting shultz 10-15-10. This is the same as we did with Alice and Solar Girl. I did notice the pest sticky I have hanging has some small black gnats?? on it.
Now Amy, Annie, Abby are clones from Alice.
Sunni is a clone of Solar not sure if this matters. I have a potted clone from Sunni in veg right now. Because of the leaf abnomallies, Sunni had less leaves to begin with... hoped to see how this might work out over time...help get more lite to the buds.

Unfortunately the damage is most likely done at this point in flower. Even flushing would not reverse the leaf loss. What nutes are you using? Chemical or Organic? NPK? and PH of water and runoff?

If your runoff is below 5.0 and your using 6.0 water, flush with ph'd water of 7.5 or higher to stabilize and remove salts from roots. Then use just RO for the rest of the grow to keep it from getting worse.

The answers to the above questions will help a lot in the diagnosis.

The good news is that the buds will grow larger for the last week or so but they will be somewhat fluffy compared to the rest of the yield.

We have been using shultz 10-15-10 liquid fertilizer. About every other watering, small amount.
We cut down Amy today. I checked the run off ph and it was close to 6.2.

After checking them out today.... I think I might have fungus gnats... Amy had a lot, also Abby has hugh amount. Probably in Annie and Sunni too! They got sprayed down with safer soap today. Just sprayed the soil down good. Wonder if that will bother the plants?? I will also put sand down tomorrow around the plants. Also it says to put down a potato to draw the larva. Not sure I will do that.

We covered the soil with a good layer of sand. I have put down sticky traps. Catching the adult ones as we speak. Hopefully I can scrap some of the sand off when I see no more adults. Plan on spraying the bottom holes and trays with the safer soap spray as well. I also may sprinkle some DE on the sand, just for good measure!

During the hunt for the gnats, I found a set of BALLS on sunni! :thedoubletake:

Ok, so any thing i say is what i think: I might not be 100% right or wrong. So here I go, Mg- bad idea. use anything but that. its not good for weed and for you to smoke(I'm pretty sure) get some foxfarm: happy frog with perlite (clone and veg)do a 2HF-1OF with 25-30% perlite, and regular or ocean forest and add 25-30 percent perlite . you will be fine . and get a basic 3 part nutrients. Its cheap Humblot or ff . easy and simple . And im pretty sure when your plants are at the end of flowering the leafs are suppose to fall off . its how you know its time to harvest.

ph for soil should be 6.5 - 6.6. When i first started growing i was growign with hydro ph ,when i was using soil. so i dont want you to think im being an a$$ or anything i had someone help me out . and i want to pass this knowledge on to everyone else. And if you have a whole food or sprouts by you, go but some black strap molassas for the last month of flowering at 1 tsp every other watering . Your plants will LOVE you .

Thanks Fox,,,, will talk to hubby about the soil makeup. Last time we bought all sorts of soil amendments, etc. and almost lost the babies. Ended up transplanting back to MG.

So I can use molassas with soil?

Tmac 12 i see your still hanging in there.i used mg soil and had quite a few issues .I finaly got some fox farms ocean forest soil was much easier to grow in. i think your in the lower mountains of the southeast,where ffof is hard to find,shipping charges are ridiculus. i guess my point is if you can find the right soil and control the ph and enviroment, you will have less issues.
+reps for hangin in.:lot-o-toke:Thanks for the reply to my journal:peacetwo:

HH

Thanks for stopping by & the reps, Your right about not much near us, big shopping is going to the next town, they have a walmart and a lowes!

HH... You ever see a flower on a cola bud before?

2010_1017smile0015.JPG

I sure haven't seen that before,it must be a male flower?T cola looks good enough to eat.I thought of some thing else since i posted, ya'll may be interested in growing in hempy buckets,definetly don't have to worry about soil.take a 2-3 gal bucket drill a hole 2inches up on side (1/2 inch hole).take some omacoat + time release ferts and water,super simple and it works,i grew a couple and got 3-3.5 oz per plant. doc bud has a completed journal on hempy growing, check it out .:lot-o-toke:

HH

Thanks HH, we may try hempy next time.

I carefully plucked the flower off with some tweezers. With scope... It seems to have 3 petals (that sorta look like bananas). Down the center of each petal is a little seam... with tiny little pearls, lots of space between them. Probably right that is a male flower!! :thedoubletake: Wonder if we should wait or harvest now. Mostly cloudy trichs. Still battling the fungus gnats too!

It's your call on harvesting,all the white widows i grew,i never did get more than a few amber,and they were fine for me.
I did try a few pop corn buds off the bublicious , i think i'm going to be a indica fan.For quick dried, it was real good.
I'm sure ya'll will make the right decision.:ganjamon:

HH:peacetwo::peacetwo::peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom